Criticisms of Coronavirus narrative and policy

Wreckingball

Pelican
Got a first hand report that material bought from Chyna to serve Portuguese hospitals and personnel is faulty.
Also got a report that first batch of tests received (and still being used) was not good and giving bad results.

Portuguese government "released" the COVID-19 data, however it is only available for "researchers". Tried to go to the given link to fill in the "official form" and webpage was not available.

CONVINIENT-19

They reported that Boris Johnson was in the ICU and pulled through now and is already up and running. Wasn't that just a few days ago when he was supposedly dying?

I don't trust the sheisters one bit - he likely had a cold or flu and that was it. No way was he strapped onto a ventilator as is now recommended in the genocidal Wuhan protocol and also NHS recommendations.

They use the cold of one politician as proof positive that "this concerns us all and can touch us all" - such blatant bullshit.

As for Hospital workers - Netherlands has supposedly 150-250 corona deaths per day which would double their mortality rate, but somehow most hospitals are empty enough to do this:

Wreckingball

Pelican
He was in ICU, probably because he is Prime Minister, not really because he was dead sick.
He did not get intubated, only nasal oxygen. I suspect this was more a publicity stunt rather than a a real deal (hey guys, i was against social distancing and it got to me, so you better be careful).

Enhanced Eddie

Pelican
Gold Member
Skepticism thread has officially overtaken the doomer thread! 105:104 pages.

I see there's a whole lot of skepticism on the main thread too now.

Now we gotta wait for the normies to wake up... I have a feeling the economic pain is going to make them.

Nemausus

Woodpecker
Gold Member
I see Boris Johnson's trip to the ICU in a different way.

I suspect that the main reason he ended up hospitalized is that he almost certainly tried to work through his illness.

Personally, when I have a bad cold, I try to sleep through as much of it as possible. Can't do that if you're the Prime Minister of a country in crisis. A man in his position is constantly in a state of sleep depravation. I can only imagine how much worse it is during this time.

That would also explain his quick recovery. After having been forced into a period of rest and having his work taken away from him for a few days, his body was able to quickly and (relatively) easily fight off the not terribly dangerous virus.

dicknixon72

Pelican
My girlfriend works at a local major hospital here in West Central Florida and they have had about 4 COVID-19-attributed deaths. That said, they are all on precautions but have not filled up ICU rooms as anticipated. In fact, Florida statewide has announced that we have enough rooms and ICU units to handle any surge that manifests itself.

As a Floridian, I look at this in the same vein as extreme hurricane prepping, except this is also being used by certain folks in charge as either a test or a power/money grab.

No doubt Coronavirus is real. No doubt some are impacted more than others. No, it is not 'just the flu,' but it is not some virulent hemorrhagic fever where the infected are spewing their blood-clotted insides all over the sidewalk.

Long story short, those at higher-risk i.e. chronic respiratory issues, pre-existing immune issues, and the elderly in general should be under stricter quarantine and take extra precautions when venturing outside as they should've been doing in general.

I am not against suspending and postponing large gatherings like concerts and the like.

I am certainly not against travel restrictions either, nor the manifest public awareness of heightened cleanliness protocol and some elements of social distancing.

But the complete lockdown of small businesses has been extreme.

I hope that the end result of this, however, is a heightened awareness of how overly-dependent we are on certain nations and how we need to decouple from non-allies and bring more of our critical infrastructure stateside. I also hope this brings to light that our families, our communities, and our immediate social circles are more important than idle celebrity worship and the Cult of Hollywood/Sportsball/Etc.

If you're sick, stay home. Take care of yourself and those around you; work will survive.

Care for those in your family, especially your elders.

Patronize small businesses in your community. Pay $12 for a pizza from a family-owned shop instead of $7 from a large chain. That money circulates in your own community.

Enjoy the outdoors. Here in Florida, this couldn't have occurred at a more opportune time. I've never seen so many people outside walking, riding bikes, rollerblading, jogging, or just enjoy intimate one-on-one or small group company with family and close friends. Its honestly refreshing and wonderful.

I've also spoken to several people that woke up to the fact that institutionalized campus learning isn't all its cracked up to be and are considering home-schooling permanently. I spoke to one woman who is a customer of mine that is going to lighten up her work hours and spend more time at home with her middle-school-aged children. How can this not be a good thing?

bucky

Pelican
RexImperator said:
WHO's Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus
Trump should withdraw funding unless Tedros steps down. Put in Dr. Ben Carson.
I don't know much about Carson's qualifications as a physician for running the WHO, but it would cause a general meltdown among all the leftists I know, so I'm on board.

dicknixon72

Pelican
bucky said:
RexImperator said:
WHO's Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus
Trump should withdraw funding unless Tedros steps down. Put in Dr. Ben Carson.
I don't know much about Carson's qualifications as a physician for running the WHO, but it would cause a general meltdown among all the leftists I know, so I'm on board.
Ben Carson didn't cover up cholera outbreaks as 'Acute Watery Diarrhea'. Also, Carson is actually a medical doctor; Tedros isn't.

He is the first director-general in the WHO’s 72-year history not to be a medical doctor.
He's a CCP-sponsored diversity hire technocrat who is a member of the Marxist-Leninist Tigray People's Liberation Front and Ethiopian People's Revolutionary Democratic Front.

dicknixon72 said:
My girlfriend works at a local major hospital here in West Central Florida and they have had about 4 COVID-19-attributed deaths. That said, they are all on precautions but have not filled up ICU rooms as anticipated. In fact, Florida statewide has announced that we have enough rooms and ICU units to handle any surge that manifests itself.
Have pathologists examined the bodies to find out if those people truly died of covid?
The city of Hamburg had analyzed all 40+ deaths supposedly put down into the covid column and have come out with a fat cold zero as covid being the main reason of death - at best final drop in the bucket.
Were there heavy cancer patients and other comorbidities among them?
Were the patients treated as is most likely in the US with antivirals or AIDs meds (not used in Germany, Austria and Japan), have they been strapped to the ventilators early on to "protect everyone else" thus essentially dooming them as most get damaged by this kind of treatment?
Also ask your girlfriend whether the same patients would have been treated differently a mere 8 weeks ago and how - meds, ventilators etc?

The hosptials are not overused in terms of ICU and beds because this entire thing gets only to those who have the bad luck of ending their life around this time. In reality if it was a pandemic then you would have a huge number of hospitalizations, a smaller number of ICU patients and then the smallest number of deaths being added.

But strangely similar as in Italy or NYC - the hospitalizations don't increase by much, but suddenly heart-attack-deaths are down by 50-90% depending on the area, deaths by cancer are miraculously down, because those terminal patients died of covid now.

I don't even exclude the possibility, that this flu - yes only a flu - kills a few more than a different flu. People still find it hard to explain away Sweden, Taiwan, Iceland, Belarus, Japan or even India (don't make me laugh about their social distancing for the majority) - if you don't see millions of dead by now, then it's certain that the response was overblown by all accounts. The only thing that we can actually observe is a higher mortality rate only in countries that have adopted the lethal Wuhan treatment protocol - anyone else has a record low overall and even over 65 mortality rate. Shouldn't the virus be equal and not kill 100 times more folk only when you treat them differently?

And anyone supporting this narrative is about to wake up in a broke totalitarian medical tyranny that your grandchildren will have to fight their way out of if they are lucky.

[attachment=43540]
This was a conspiracy mongering pic and could be reality by next year.

[attachment=43542]

Attachments

Captainstabbin

Hummingbird
dicknixon72 said:
I am not against suspending and postponing large gatherings like concerts and the like.
Having public events is how you quickly get to herd immunity. Closing them down extends the time when the virus is in the general population and actually increased the chances that grandma will die. Instead of keeping the elderly safe for 3 weeks (maybe a month), you have to keep them isolated for 3, 4, maybe 18 months. Old people breakdown quickly when isolated.

If we didn't shut down schools, March Madness and amusement parks (etc) we would have been passed this by now.

Captainstabbin said:
dicknixon72 said:
Having public events is how you quickly get to herd immunity. Closing them down extends the time when the virus is in the general population and actually increased the chances that grandma will die. Instead of keeping the elderly safe for 3 weeks (maybe a month), you have to keep them isolated for 3, 4, maybe 18 months. Old people breakdown quickly when isolated.

If we didn't shut down schools, March Madness and amusement parks (etc) we would have been passed this by now.
From what I took from experts is that you would just have to:

1) Keep all schools open - they spread the virus the best
2) Have everything up and running including concerts and big events
3) Ramp up hospitals, postpone non-essential activities, tell the people to stay away - as is beind done now
4) Secure the old and weak for 4 weeks (full quarantine for them)

Then this would be over by end of April with everyone hustling and bustling and no medical tyranny being erected, but I guess that this was the goal, so the response is as can be seen.

SilentOne

Woodpecker
Easy_C said:
aeroektar said:
Where in the US are ordinary people being thrown in jail for attending church service? Sounds like doomer fake news.

Many states have deemed church service essential.

There's still 8 or 9 US states without stay at home orders, and many are set to expire soon. In 95% of the US you can still buy guns, ammo, seeds or anything else you wish. You can still take a walk in the park or the forest or go fishing without cops chasing you.

I'm not saying it's all puppies and rainbows, but its also not all doom and despair.
Multiple states have issued fines and citations at people for attending church services and some pastors have been arrested with the most notable example in Florida.

Fortunately Barr has come down saying they're going to start cracking down on municipalities that ban church services.
What he said above but i know some other guys need me to spoon feed them...

Church is not deemed as an essential. At least not to the Government. Places like Kentucky is now collecting license plates info from anyone trying to attend church so a judge can have health officials come to that person’s house with an order to self-quarantine for 14 days.

The other part I don't get is where is the doom and gloom from? I think this shutdown is completely unnecessary. The methods used to enforce these new rules are ridiculous and a waste of resources. The economy should open back up immediately.

Blade Runner

Kingfisher
The other thread is more of a "What would you do?" in terms of the loosening of restrictions ...

What do you guys think the powers that be will do? I'll take first stab:

1. The Trump task force suggests, by the end of this week, a definitive recommendation coming very soon to open up no later than that original April 30 date.
2. Media erupts and discusses, and many (Democrat) governors weigh in saying they will keep things locked down further than that, just because.
3. Some pay a price now, later, or both due to the continued insolence and generally understood mismanagement of the entire covid-19 "crisis."

Easy_C

Crow
OK so..:hot take...

I tentatively SUPPORT letting the blue states do their insane lockdowns longer. The faster they kill themselves off the better.

If you watch Bill Gates in recent interviews where he is blabbering on about the necessity to shut down the world for 18 months and possibly change it forever, where he is repeating vaccines in every sentence - you see him giddy with happiness. It's his time to shine and celebrate as finally he gets to vaccinate the world perpetually and usher in the Eugenic tyranny that his father dreamt about.

Sooth

Pelican
Gold Member
I think those quick tests check for gullibility and boogers which is why so many are positive.

This has been a great experiment in human psychology.