Criticisms of Coronavirus narrative and policy

Laner

Hummingbird
Gold Member
Two of my barber friends never shut down. Its amazing how much business was conducted behind plywood boards and out of the view of local snitches. Most people just saw things on social media and snitched based on that.

Remember, most people who were busy snitching, were the same people that were too afraid to actually leave their home.

Captainstabbin

Hummingbird
On one hand I hear people sounding like Tucker, on the other I hear people talking about joining the local riot protest but keeping schools and churches closed. These are often the same people flipping back and forth in a 5 minute conversation.

paninaro

Kingfisher
For example, Dr. Van Kerkhove says, "From the data we have, it still seems to be rare that an asymptomatic person actually transmits onward to a secondary individual." OK. This data that you speak of.... may I see it? Where did it come from? What does it consist of? Who collected, analyzed, and reviewed it? What methods were used to reach the conclusions you're presenting? The "details" provided in the article are extremely vague. I think the expectation here is that people will say "oooh look, the great Scientists have some new Data!" and they're right to expect that reaction. This pronouncement (and the others that are sure to follow) will make it OK for the "STAY THE F HOME" crowd to move on to the next outrage without having to face shame or admit the error of their ways.
As usual, a lot of the journalists who cover news like this do a pretty bad job because they aren't scientists. It took some digging, but here's the information directly from the WHO:

Click on the report on the left, and then on page 2, right top column, it goes over the asymptomatic studies and gives references to them. I don't have time to dig through all those to see how good they are, but there's the references to the studies at least.

LeoniusD

Woodpecker
Norway's PM admits she panicked and closed all schools and nurseries 'out of fear' on day country recorded first Covid death - amid criticism lockdown measures made no difference
  • Erna Solberg admitted she took the decision to close down schools 'out of fear'
  • She said that she took the decision as a 'precautionary' measure amid the crisis
  • Comes weeks after Norway announced plans to fully lift lockdown by mid-June

You won´t hear that from most countries - Denmark by the way is already fully open for weeks - without masks, schools, nurseries, public transport, supermarkets all without masks while the rules are getting stricter in Germany.

Also with this asymptomatic covid - if you think about that, then you would believe in asymptomatic cancer, asymptomatic flu, asymptomatic alzheimers. Asymptomatic my ass - asymptomatic is their buzzword to make you believe anything, because those tests are bullshit and were always bullshit - the genetic sequence of the first test was less than 80% identical to SARS1 - that is nothing. We share more DNA with the mouse.

Max Roscoe

Woodpecker
The lockdowns are getting worse here. While there are many negative changes, the only positive sign I've seen in the last 80 days is that now some stores and restaurants have reopened. But they're not really. Restaurants are open but not for dine-in, no buffets or daily specials, and all horribly understaffed. Just sit at the curb with your facemask on and another masked person will deposit some food into your vehicle, making sure not to touch you. Some stores are open, but the clothing store I went to today had the fitting rooms closed. If you're not going to let me try on clothes, what's the point in going to a physical store in the first place?

Particularly if I am risking my life to shop, which appears to be the case, since I was required to wear a mask 3 times today. I have only worn a mask once ever up to this point, and that was only a strong suggestion. Facemasks are now required. Even though it was in the upper 80s today. The WuFlu is still on the prowl.

I haven't left the house other than visiting friends or going for walks in a week, and just assumed things would be getting better. They are getting worse. It's so confusing and stressful. Staff yell at you "where's your facemask!?" from across the building when you open the door. Some are turned away for not having masks. How far did they travel, just to be shunned and sent home?

What is the cumulative social and psychological effect to our society of 80 plus days of this? It's causing numerous divorces, fights, depression, suicides, and it will probably permanently alter the mindset of many of us. How many bad relationships will people jump into just because they are desperate for touch and companionship? I'm just counting down the days until this weekend when I'm getting together with a group of friends out of state. It's getting rough out there, guys.

Captainstabbin

Hummingbird
I haven't left the house other than visiting friends or going for walks in a week, and just assumed things would be getting better. They are getting worse. It's so confusing and stressful. Staff yell at you "where's your facemask!?" from across the building when you open the door. Some are turned away for not having masks. How far did they travel, just to be shunned and sent home?

What is the cumulative social and psychological effect to our society of 80 plus days of this? It's causing numerous divorces, fights, depression, suicides, and it will probably permanently alter the mindset of many of us. How many bad relationships will people jump into just because they are desperate for touch and companionship? I'm just counting down the days until this weekend when I'm getting together with a group of friends out of state. It's getting rough out there, guys.
Did people really think power-mad politicians would give up their power once the fake emergency ended? Has that ever happened? The entire point was to scare people to where they would accept the isolation as a virtue. Then, when their will is broken, offer a way out - the only way to end the lockdowns is to accept complete control of your daily life and get a chip to constantly monitor you.

People desperate for companionship will accept it as easily as people (even some RVF members) accepted the lockdown.

Lol most people now feel really stupid (and they should) for thinking the lockdowns did anything. It's like the collective consciousness of society is feeling shame for being an idiot. The elites moves are too stupid to calculate sometimes. They should have not ignited the riots until after they tried to vax everyone, this chaos is seen as staged and more people are awake now, even normies, because of the polar opposite nature of isolation vs riots.

Don't accept a single thing anyone tells you if it isn't through God.

Captainstabbin

Hummingbird
Lol most people now feel really stupid (and they should) for thinking the lockdowns did anything. It's like the collective consciousness of society is feeling shame for being an idiot.
I'm afraid you're giving people too much credit. People I meet are still congratulating themselves for giving up their freedom to "save lives". Even the ones saying it's time to end the lockdowns don't get it - politicians aren't well-meaning. They aren't working to get the economy restarted, they are actively trying to destroy it. We might have to fight to get our rights back, all because cowards scare easily.

I'm afraid you're giving people too much credit. People I meet are still congratulating themselves for giving up their freedom to "save lives". Even the ones saying it's time to end the lockdowns don't get it - politicians aren't well-meaning. They aren't working to get the economy restarted, they are actively trying to destroy it. We might have to fight to get our rights back, all because cowards scare easily.
I'd guess support for the lock downs or any of the current restrictions is somewhat low, at least in my state. It's not the same issue, but people who don't support the protesters or don't care is about 50% nationally. You might not guess that from social media. Probably similar with COVID. People are worried about speaking out on either issue.

In my metro, we're down to about 5% of people wearing masks by my guess.

Sisyphus

Robin
Here's the retraction of yesterday's statement from Dr. Van Kerkhove as reported by CNBC. Obviously the original statement was not approved by her handlers. One can only imagine the source and nature of the threats leveled at her family after she went off script. There are too many amusing points to comment on in this article so I'll just present it for your review (my emphasis added).

CNBC said:
The World Health Organization walked back comments made Monday when one of its top scientists said transmission of the coronavirus by people who never developed symptoms is “very rare,” which drew skepticism from physicians and others across social media.

That admission sent shock waves throughout the world, much of which has been locked down for months for fear of spreading the virus by people who show no signs of illness.

Dr. Maria Van Kerkhove, head of the WHO’s emerging diseases and zoonosis unit, said Tuesday that asymptomatic spread is a “really complex question” and much is still unknown. “We don’t actually have that answer yet,” she said.

“I was responding to a question at the press conference. I wasn’t stating a policy of WHO or anything like that. I was just trying to articulate what we know,” she said on a live Q&A streamed across multiple social media platforms. “And in that, I used the phrase ‘very rare,’ and I think that that’s misunderstanding to state that asymptomatic transmission globally is very rare. I was referring to a small subset of studies.”

Studies show that about 16% of the population may be asymptomatic, she said. Some models developed by other scientists suggest as much as 40% of global transmission may be due to asymptomatic individuals, she said, clarifying her comments.

“Some estimates of around 40% of transmission may be due to asymptomatic, but those are from models, so I didn’t include that in my answer yesterday, but wanted to make sure that I covered that here,” Kerkhove said.

The majority of transmission is from people who have symptoms and are spreading it through infectious droplets, she said. “But there are a subset of people who don’t develop symptoms. To truly understand how many people don’t have symptoms, we don’t actually have that answer yet,” she added.

While asymptomatic spread of the coronavirus does occur, the portion of asymptomatic individuals who transmit the virus remains a “big open question,” Dr. Mike Ryan, executive director of the WHO’s emergencies program, said during the Q&A.

“There is much to be answered on this. There is much that is unknown,” he added. “It’s clear that both symptomatic and asymptomatic individuals are part of the transmission cycle. The question is what is the relative contribution of each group to overall number of cases.”
An asymptomatic person is someone with Covid-19 who doesn’t have symptoms and never develops symptoms. Both scientists clarified that it’s not the same as someone who later develops symptoms, who would be classified as pre-symptomatic.

On Monday, WHO officials said asymptomatic people aren’t driving the spread of the virus, casting doubt on concerns by some researchers that the disease could be difficult to contain due to asymptomatic infections.

“From the data we have, it still seems to be rare that an asymptomatic person actually transmits onward to a secondary individual,” Kerkhove said at a news briefing Monday from the WHO’s Geneva headquarters. “It’s very rare.”

Ryan acknowledged that Kerkhove’s comments created a stir, saying they may have been “misinterpreted or maybe we didn’t use the most elegant words to explain that.”

“We need that debate,” he said.

“If journalists and the public think we’re straying away from evidence, then fine,” he said. “That’s what this is for. If you think there isn’t a basis for what we’re saying then let’s have that debate one-on-one. That’s why we’re here. That was not intended. That was not the intention of the statement.”

Has anyone read the Berenson book on covid that Amazon tried to ban? If so, is it worth reading or mostly a reiteration of what any thinking person already knows?
Not worth reading for anyone who has already gone through this thread.

Worth reading for normies who are stuck in the Matrix.

Book is only 22 pages and takes 10 mins to read - so perfect to email a copy to any normie friend.

Papaya

Crow
Gold Member
When fear clouds judgement, stupidity rains from those clouds

Troller

Woodpecker
^
it doesn’t mention hospitalization rates. Which are according to one study they mentioned believe it’s CDC above average than influenza. When the crisis happened it became obvious after a while this wasn’t an Ebola crisis. But hospitals were overwhelmed. The hospitalization rates as I expected and was told are above normal flu rates. Around 20% even for young but at this point it doesn’t matter. Because shutting down economy is not feasible. This virus will be something we will have to live with until it goes away by itself or there’s a cure. It’s a really bad flu.

Last edited:

LeoniusD

Woodpecker
I saw that globohomo services put up some coronavirus memes - one of them was taking the Braveheart speech and twisting it:

The globohomo meme said that coronavirus may take our lives, but it won´t take our freedoms.

Though the reality is the stark opposite:

44rgfg.jpg

The reaction of sane men would be:

44rgw9.jpg

Meanwhile most will bleet in unison:

44rgkd.jpg

Easy_C

Crow
They're not going to openly admit it. I'm noticing that the few people I haven't purged from social media already who were on board with that (with the exception of one neocon moron who loves the drama) have quietly deleted their posts screeching about masks and #stayathome.

Easy_C

Crow
^
it doesn’t mention hospitalization rates. Which are according to one study they mentioned believe it’s CDC above average than influenza. When the crisis happened it became obvious after a while this wasn’t an Ebola crisis. But hospitals were overwhelmed. The hospitalization rates as I expected and was told are above normal flu rates. Around 20% even for young but at this point it doesn’t matter. Because shutting down economy is not feasible. This virus will be something we will have to live with until it goes away by itself or there’s a cure. It’s a really bad flu.
Hospitals in many of the major blue areas have very little surge capacity because low income blue voting blocks tend to use the ER as primary care. It's also the case that you're going to see a much more rapid spike in those areas for a LOT of factors that have been discussed many times already. The hospitals never were overwhelmed in many other areas of the country.

Gusamaso

Sparrow
^
I guess you have to go thru older posts