Criticisms of Coronavirus narrative and policy

homersheineken

Woodpecker
What is this? "Twilight Zone"? o_O

That doesn't even make logical sense.

If the goal is to stop the spread from babies breathing, it's wide open at the bottom where they exhale out their noses and mouths. It's not stopping anything.

This seems like it would make it harder for the babies to get oxygen, putting them at even greater risk when they're already so fragile.

Are we really heading back to medieval medicine, where 'belief' and 'fear' are the motivators for medical policy, not decades/centuries of the rigorous scientific method?

As a newborn parent, I feel for those parents and babies :(

That doesn't even make logical sense.

If the goal is to stop the spread from babies breathing, it's wide open at the bottom where they exhale out their noses and mouths. It's not stopping anything.

This seems like it would make it harder for the babies to get oxygen, putting them at even greater risk when they're already so fragile.

Are we really heading back to medieval medicine, where 'belief' and 'fear' are the motivators for medical policy, not decades/centuries of the rigorous scientific method?

As a newborn parent, I feel for those parents and babies :(
Can you please highlight something that DOES make sense these days?

Also; congrats on being a father! I do hope you don't vax your baby.

LeoniusD

Kingfisher
You can do your stupid tests and case counts until the end of time - meanwhile in the epicenter of Wuhan with zero reported cases;

I wonder what the Australians think when looking at this and the waterpark festival a few weeks ago? Grandmothers in Spain are getting clobbered and pregnant women in Melbourne are arrested by 5 cops, but Wuhan is OK without a care in the world. By the way - many night clubs around Europe have the same safety measures.

homersheineken

Woodpecker

Days of Broken Arrows

Crow
Gold Member
Has anyone gone to the CDC Web site an looked at the info on Covid-19 deaths with regard to age (link here)?

I have, and an odd thing came up. As of the most recently posted data (Sept. 16), well over a quarter of all deaths were to people age 85 and older. The total death count then was 182,095 while the number of people dead ages 85 and above was 56,525.

25 percent would have been about 45,000 deaths and it's above that. This seems significant to me.

I haven't seen it reported this way in the media, which seems more intent on marking "grim milestones." The reporting (or lack thereof) reminds me of the AIDS crisis, when we got a steady "death toll," but they never told us about "high-risk groups" being way more likely to get AIDS.

Also: the CDC marks Covid-19 deaths as "involving Covid-19." This wording matters. They don't say "deaths from Covid-19," only "involving."

Finally, I tried to look up the age demographics for mere cases "involving" Covid-19 that didn't result in death, but exact numbers are not listed on the CDC site. They only give out ratios.

What is happening here? It's been six months and the elderly are STILL mainly getting hit. Could this be like AIDS, where it hits a specific demographic and stays there? Or like Legionnaire's Disease, where it might catch fire in buildings -- like nursing homes -- but not spread much further?

One thing I know is that after six months, it's not hitting the under 40 demographic much harder -- but the restrictions and economic factors are.

EndlessGravity

Woodpecker
What is happening here? It's been six months and the elderly are STILL mainly getting hit.
It's possible not much of this was real.

Take a moment to think about what you're saying: old people are dying. It's not hard to find that the flu accounts for 3% of all deaths above 65 on any given year. Coincidentally enough, COVID's above 60 infection mortality rate is now estimated at 2%. These numbers aren't one-to-one but since we can assume most people get the flu...it says a lot about whether something else is going on here.

References:

Has anyone gone to the CDC Web site an looked at the info on Covid-19 deaths with regard to age (link here)?

I have, and an odd thing came up. As of the most recently posted data (Sept. 16), well over a quarter of all deaths were to people age 85 and older. The total death count then was 182,095 while the number of people dead ages 85 and above was 56,525.

25 percent would have been about 45,000 deaths and it's above that. This seems significant to me.

I haven't seen it reported this way in the media, which seems more intent on marking "grim milestones." The reporting (or lack thereof) reminds me of the AIDS crisis, when we got a steady "death toll," but they never told us about "high-risk groups" being way more likely to get AIDS.

Also: the CDC marks Covid-19 deaths as "involving Covid-19." This wording matters. They don't say "deaths from Covid-19," only "involving."

Finally, I tried to look up the age demographics for mere cases "involving" Covid-19 that didn't result in death, but exact numbers are not listed on the CDC site. They only give out ratios.

What is happening here? It's been six months and the elderly are STILL mainly getting hit. Could this be like AIDS, where it hits a specific demographic and stays there? Or like Legionnaire's Disease, where it might catch fire in buildings -- like nursing homes -- but not spread much further?

One thing I know is that after six months, it's not hitting the under 40 demographic much harder -- but the restrictions and economic factors are.
In my country (Poland) and many others the distribution of the Covid death age mimics almost precisely the distribution of all cause deaths. In other words, Covid-19 doesn't seem to amplify deaths in any age group and follows the regular trend. Obviously, the over 85's are more likely to be affected by C19 but no more so than by any other typical diseases or main causes of death. This is just a farce and they're not even hiding it (or doing it very poorly!).

SouthernTory

Sparrow
They are ramping things up.

£100 billion on this and 0 accountability! Every UK adult has £2000 invested in this whether they want to or not. Talking about weekly testing for everyone no doubt you will have to take a test before being allowed out. If you are in the UK I would seriously consider contributing to this campaign.

We need to know where this money is going and why.

paninaro

Kingfisher
In my country (Poland) and many others the distribution of the Covid death age mimics almost precisely the distribution of all cause deaths. In other words, Covid-19 doesn't seem to amplify deaths in any age group and follows the regular trend. Obviously, the over 85's are more likely to be affected by C19 but no more so than by any other typical diseases or main causes of death. This is just a farce and they're not even hiding it (or doing it very poorly!).
It affects people who are in weak or poor health, and a person is more likely to fit into the category if they are older. The same can be said of death from heart disease -- the mortality rate goes up with age.

Captainstabbin

Hummingbird
Where is he getting his stats from? This says there has been 0 Deaths and 0 Hospitalizations
At my local university, officials wanted to either fine or even force students to declare academic bankruptcy for attending private, off-campus football watching parties this weekend. The local news did a poll to try to get support for the measures but 88% were against it.