Criticisms of Coronavirus narrative and policy

Easy_C

Peacock
Yes Yes, I know, it's Daily Mail. But Graham Brady is the author and he's a significant UK Political figure.

A lot of the article is stuff we already have guessed but there is one segment that is worth paying attention to. He talks about a conversation he had with experts where the real purposes of masks are discussed: they told him bluntly that the purpose of the masks is to be a visible indicator that will scare people away from interacting with each other.

Viktor Zeegelaar

Pelican
Orthodox Inquirer
Good that there are voices in the political arena too, but what I don't like is that it straightaway descends into the we vs the immigrants ''alt right populist'' stuff. It's like mentioning a bit of truth avoiding a trap, then stepping into the next trap (divide and conquer) straight away. That's why the solution never can be political, but it can wake up some people.

Gremlin

Robin
Go back into your turtle shell, Mitch. Don't tell us what to do.

Statistically, his argument makes no sense. If more people are vaccinated this year than around this time last year, then there should be fewer cases in the general population, and the only people who should get covid are some of the unvaccinated. So even if there is a surge in covid cases, the surge will be much smaller than last year, so the upcoming "situation" shouldn't be nearly as drastic.

That is, if you believe the vaccines are effective and the government isn't lying about everything covid related to expand its power.

Normally, steadily decreasing surges in virus outbreaks from year to year give government agencies and the medical establishment optimism that they're gaining control over them, and they accept all solutions, especially natural immunity. The response to covid is a complete inversion of this.

DanielH

Ostrich
Orthodox
Statistically, his argument makes no sense. If more people are vaccinated this year than around this time last year, then there should be fewer cases in the general population, and the only people who should get covid are some of the unvaccinated. So even if there is a surge in covid cases, the surge will be much smaller than last year, so the upcoming "situation" shouldn't be nearly as drastic.

That is, if you believe the vaccines are effective and the government isn't lying about everything covid related to expand its power.

Normally, steadily decreasing surges in virus outbreaks from year to year give government agencies and the medical establishment optimism that they're gaining control over them, and they accept all solutions, especially natural immunity. The response to covid is a complete inversion of this.
I used to try to rationalize why politicians can be so wrong given data, logic, morality, etc. It all makes sense when you start from the presupposition that these people are in communion with demons or taking orders from people who are. It's not logical. It's not ethical. They may be stupid, but even stupid people know not to take the vaccine.

You cannot negotiate with demons. You can't negotiate with an occupying government.
It’s not an argument, it’s a threat.
This. These people speak the language of force & coercion. That is the only thing they understand. Do people think they can show studies or bible verses to these people and they'll change their mind? Not happening. "Catholic" politicians have no problem sacrificing children.

Now is the time to dig in, resist, and pray the hardest.

budoslavic

Eagle
Orthodox
Gold Member
Via Disclose.TV, Pelosi orders Capitol Police to arrest staff and visitors who fail to comply with the new mask mandate for vaccinated individuals. Members asked to be reported to SAA in case of failure to comply.

4309d998f6accce7.png

Easy_C

Peacock
Here's the HHS data. I dug it up, it has columns for utilization, geography, timestamps.

I don't have time now but if anyone cares to run the data and see what the real rates are feel free to. You'll want to do ICU utilization rates vs. time, grouped by state. You could also generate an "average weekly change" metric over the past two months or so and see if any states have an identifiable shift in trend.

If there's any truth to the "COVID surge" narrative the expectation is that you would be seeing significant surges in utilization stats correlating to the media reporting on those events in impacted states and zip codes. If that doesn't exist the narrative is probably bull.

It may also be helpful to cross-reference this against reported "cases" (you can download that data set elsewhere) and run a regression analysis to see how strong the correlation between "cases" and actual ICU utilization is (I'm guessing a statistically significant but not strong correlation).

I know you all hate this guy, but go to about 2:00 minutes in and notice the way he describes it. He inadvertently describes it perfectly:

I wonder if there has been much in the way of civil disobedience like he’s talking about, with people organizing together and all showing up places without a mask. Sort of like an orderly flash mob. I feel like Roosh mentioned that idea on one of his streams.