Criticisms of Coronavirus narrative and policy

Sisyphus

Woodpecker
When you open a new window in Firefox, it recommends some stories for you to read. I usually ignore them, but one caught my eye that offered a list of "Essential Reads" about Coronavirus. Looking over the headlines gave me some understanding for the utter helplessness and bewilderment experienced by the brainwashed masses subjecting themselves to the emotional roller coaster. As an outsider who doesn't consume this wretched excuse for information, it's easy to see how myriad messages bombarding people from all angles can lead to a sort of mental retreat and how already weak mental faculties can be easily overwhelmed. I can see how one would just gladly accept any dictates from their benevolent leaders and give up on thinking entirely.

I know people are reading each and every one of these; now imagine that over a span of 20 months. What are they supposed to think? How can they carry on a normal life? Can we blame them for their psychotic behavior? Below are some examples from the buffet. All of these were published in a 20 minute span.

"Covid, in Retreat" - NYT

"COVID vaccine mandates are working — for now" - Axios. Oooooh, scary!

"What we know — and don't know — about Merck's new Covid-19 pill" - statsnews.com

"What Can We Learn From the WNBA's Vaccination Success?" - Sports Illustrated

"Why We Need to Upgrade Our Face Masks — and Where to Get Them" - Scientific American. Gee, I thought masks were great, whatever are they talking about?

"Merck pill seen as a 'huge advance', raises hope of preventing COVID-19 deaths" - Reuters

"We're Already Barreling Toward the Next Pandemic" - The Atlantic. Barreling?! That sounds scary!! Not another pandemic!! Sub-headline: "This one is far from over, but the window to prepare for future threats is closing fast" Oh no! Scary!!

"My Family Was a COVID Cluster" - The New Yorker. Sounds kind of like I Was a Teenage Werewolf. The sub-headline: "Four vaccinated adults and two unvaccinated children had mild symptoms. Is this what the end of the pandemic looks like?" Is it? Gee I hope so!

"Covid is killing rural Americans at twice the rate of people in urban areas" NBC News. Sub: "The pandemic is devastating rural America, where lower vaccination rates are compounding the already limited medical care." Devastating! That sounds scary!

"The Public Continues to Underestimate COVID's Age Discrimination - In the breakthrough era, age matters as much as vaccination status." - New York Magazine. I have no idea what this is talking about, but discrimination, that sounds scary!

"The 'Forever Virus' Won't Go Away Until Kids Get Vaccinated" - Wired. Sub: "Epidemiologist Larry Brilliant on the Delta surge, chaos at the CDC, and why the under-12s are key to ending the pandemic." Forever?! That sounds scary! Better jab my kids, thank you, Dr. Brilliant (if that is your real name)

"'I see someone quit every day': Nurses, in their own words" - inquirer.com "Nurses quite literally have their fingers on the pulse of patient care — and we're sounding the alarm: There are not nearly enough of us at the bedside." Alarm?! That sounds scary! Maybe you shouldn't be firing thousands of nurses at a time.

Last edited:

Intuitive

Sparrow

These sort of reports are very misleading. Mathematically, there are two ways the vaccination "rate" increases. Either a larger number of existing employees get the vaccine, or people that don't want it quit or get fired. For example, if you have 10 employees and 8 of them are vaccinated, you have an 80% rate. If you institute a mandate and the other 2 quit, you can now state your mandate increased your rate to 100% but you still only have 8 vaccinated employees. I saw a similar report in Bloomberg a couple days ago touting the effectiveness of mandates in increasing vaccination rates while at the same time reading other reports of hundreds or thousands of people being fired. More lies and confusion from the media in an attempt to use social proof to pressure people into taking the shots.

Batman_

Kingfisher
When you open a new window in Firefox, it recommends some stories for you to read. I usually ignore them, but one caught my eye that offered a list of "Essential Reads" about Coronavirus. Looking over the headlines gave me some understanding for the utter helplessness and bewilderment experienced by the brainwashed masses subjecting themselves to the emotional roller coaster. As an outsider who doesn't consume this wretched excuse for information, it's easy to see how myriad messages bombarding people from all angles can lead to a sort of mental retreat and how already weak mental faculties can be easily overwhelmed. I can see how one would just gladly accept any dictates from their benevolent leaders and give up on thinking entirely.

I know people are reading each and every one of these; now imagine that over a span of 20 months. What are they supposed to think? How can they carry on a normal life? Can we blame them for their psychotic behavior? Below are some examples from the buffet. All of these were published in a 20 minute span.

"Covid, in Retreat" - NYT

"COVID vaccine mandates are working — for now" - Axios. Oooooh, scary!

"What we know — and don't know — about Merck's new Covid-19 pill" - statsnews.com

"What Can We Learn From the WNBA's Vaccination Success?" - Sports Illustrated

"Why We Need to Upgrade Our Face Masks — and Where to Get Them" - Scientific American. Gee, I thought masks were great, whatever are they talking about?

"Merck pill seen as a 'huge advance', raises hope of preventing COVID-19 deaths" - Reuters

"We're Already Barreling Toward the Next Pandemic" - The Atlantic. Barreling?! That sounds scary!! Not another pandemic!! Sub-headline: "This one is far from over, but the window to prepare for future threats is closing fast" Oh no! Scary!!

"My Family Was a COVID Cluster" - The New Yorker. Sounds kind of like I Was a Teenage Werewolf. The sub-headline: "Four vaccinated adults and two unvaccinated children had mild symptoms. Is this what the end of the pandemic looks like?" Is it? Gee I hope so!

"Covid is killing rural Americans at twice the rate of people in urban areas" NBC News. Sub: "The pandemic is devastating rural America, where lower vaccination rates are compounding the already limited medical care." Devastating! That sounds scary!

"The Public Continues to Underestimate COVID's Age Discrimination - In the breakthrough era, age matters as much as vaccination status." - New York Magazine. I have no idea what this is talking about, but discrimination, that sounds scary!

"The 'Forever Virus' Won't Go Away Until Kids Get Vaccinated" - Wired. Sub: "Epidemiologist Larry Brilliant on the Delta surge, chaos at the CDC, and why the under-12s are key to ending the pandemic." Forever?! That sounds scary! Better jab my kids, thank you, Dr. Brilliant (if that is your real name)

"'I see someone quit every day': Nurses, in their own words" - inquirer.com "Nurses quite literally have their fingers on the pulse of patient care — and we're sounding the alarm: There are not nearly enough of us at the bedside." Alarm?! That sounds scary! Maybe you shouldn't be firing thousands of nurses at a time.

This "pandemic" is really is nothing more than a mind virus that is propagated through every media outlet in existence. Probably couldn't have even been pulled off 15 years ago. Smartphone addicts who think "staying informed" is essential probably occupy the bulk of the compliant population.

Viktor Zeegelaar

Pelican
Orthodox Inquirer
''White house says'' lies inc... I believe they're always overmanipulating the numbers so to make people who don't comply feel alienated, everyone is doing it and it's getting tough now so let's fold..
Remember, when you are one of the only few who actually gets laid off (don't quit) for not being vaccinated, people will think you are insane.

People on the wide and crowded path always think those on the straight and narrow one are insane.
quote-a-time-is-coming-when-men-will-go-mad-and-when-they-see-someone-who-is-not-mad-they-anthony-the-great-55-38-44.jpg

This "pandemic" is really is nothing more than a mind virus that is propagated through every media outlet in existence. Probably couldn't have even been pulled off 15 years ago. Smartphone addicts who think "staying informed" is essential probably occupy the bulk of the compliant population.
Mind virus, I like that, well said. They did a poll here where they asked how big is the chance for an unvaxxed to go to hospital when getting cojona. People answered up to 30% where it is way belong 1%. Perception is all that matters, and perception is created through images and indeed information, although the tone of the information and the scenery is way more important than the content.

SpyofMoses

Sparrow
My friend got the jab 6 months ago. Just recently recovered from a case of COVID 19. At first, he had a severe cold. He got tested for the 'rona(don't know why since we had previously agreed that these tests were only so reliable). Negative. Upon recovery, he came down with another severe cold. Got tested again. This time it's positive. He was sick for a month and said he still had a lingering difficulty of breath for a while. This is a healthy guy in his early thirties. I'm worried this shot compromised his immunity since it's not like him to get sick like that.

I learned about this from our mutual friend. I know these guys believe the narrative enough to actually get the jab but not enough to end our friendship over my refusal. Still, I try not to say anything too blunt about it. This time I slipped:
"Dude, he just got vaccinated, too! What did he get for it?" Our friend said it lowers symptoms, reduces variations going around and gets us closer to herd immunity. Apparently it never occurred to him that if you can get a "breakthrough case" then you're not really immune. Thus society does not get herd immunity from getting jabbed. It clearly did not lower his symptoms, either.

How can anyone go through all this and still believe the mainstream media's narrative?

GuitarVH

Kingfisher
Orthodox Inquirer
My friend got the jab 6 months ago. Just recently recovered from a case of COVID 19. At first, he had a severe cold. He got tested for the 'rona(don't know why since we had previously agreed that these tests were only so reliable). Negative. Upon recovery, he came down with another severe cold. Got tested again. This time it's positive. He was sick for a month and said he still had a lingering difficulty of breath for a while. This is a healthy guy in his early thirties. I'm worried this shot compromised his immunity since it's not like him to get sick like that.

I learned about this from our mutual friend. I know these guys believe the narrative enough to actually get the jab but not enough to end our friendship over my refusal. Still, I try not to say anything too blunt about it. This time I slipped:
"Dude, he just got vaccinated, too! What did he get for it?" Our friend said it lowers symptoms, reduces variations going around and gets us closer to herd immunity. Apparently it never occurred to him that if you can get a "breakthrough case" then you're not really immune. Thus society does not get herd immunity from getting jabbed. It clearly did not lower his symptoms, either.

How can anyone go through all this and still believe the mainstream media's narrative?

I weep for humanity reading posts like this. It's just Groundhog Day over and over and over again. Your friend and and many of our friends and family will go through this same situation over and over. It's an unconventional war on the entire general population of earth. Not good.