Criticisms of Coronavirus narrative and policy

My friend got the jab 6 months ago. Just recently recovered from a case of COVID 19. At first, he had a severe cold. He got tested for the 'rona(don't know why since we had previously agreed that these tests were only so reliable). Negative. Upon recovery, he came down with another severe cold. Got tested again. This time it's positive. He was sick for a month and said he still had a lingering difficulty of breath for a while. This is a healthy guy in his early thirties. I'm worried this shot compromised his immunity since it's not like him to get sick like that.

I learned about this from our mutual friend. I know these guys believe the narrative enough to actually get the jab but not enough to end our friendship over my refusal. Still, I try not to say anything too blunt about it. This time I slipped:
"Dude, he just got vaccinated, too! What did he get for it?" Our friend said it lowers symptoms, reduces variations going around and gets us closer to herd immunity. Apparently it never occurred to him that if you can get a "breakthrough case" then you're not really immune. Thus society does not get herd immunity from getting jabbed. It clearly did not lower his symptoms, either.

How can anyone go through all this and still believe the mainstream media's narrative?
Maybe the rona ate parts of your friend's brain. Cut him some slack.

Grow Bag

Pelican
"...my third shot...I've had no side effects..." :hmm:

Yeah, right..."#shotofhope" is a terrible sales pitch.

It still baffles me how these people be so completely insulated from reality. Even without looking at the freely available information that the shots do not stop any spread, within their own circles it's the mostly the vaxxed getting sick. I guess the clue is in the virtuous sentiment "keeping the world safe".

Valentine

Kingfisher
Gold Member
Good video explaining China's investment into biological warfare. It doesn't overtly voice the link, but it's easy to see how COVID-19 has hugely beneficial for China if it was indeed part of it's warfare strategy.

Viktor Zeegelaar

Ostrich
Orthodox Inquirer
"...worst cold ever..."

db447ba941d2b9b2.jpeg
A ''terrible'' flu season is coming also. Interesting, as flu cases have plummeted to 0. But the experts say so, so I guess it's true.

Mountaineer

Ostrich
Gold Member
Last edited:

BillMcNeal

Woodpecker
Remember how last year they did nothing but talk about how the vaccine wouldn't work for the old and the obese (with Trump as president)?

Then of course once Biden got in they conveniently pivoted to the obese and the old needing shots, and now boosters. But those articles above were based on real science. The dark winter is real, but it's this one, not last year's.

Padouk

Kingfisher
Remember how last year they did nothing but talk about how the vaccine wouldn't work for the old and the obese (with Trump as president)?

Then of course once Biden got in they conveniently pivoted to the obese and the old needing shots, and now boosters. But those articles above were based on real science. The dark winter is real, but it's this one, not last year's.

Sisyphus

Woodpecker
I will ask you to indulge me for a few minutes if you please to engage in a brief thought experiment. Do you or do you not think it would be reasonable that a passage such as the following might be written today?

In a number of municipalities, including Boston, local authorities banned the unvaccinated from going to the cinema; in Sausalito all the local buses acquired signs placed over the entry doors bearing the words “Unvaxxed not wanted!” The same town also stopped the unvaccinated from using the city library. Inns and restaurants in Burlington and other places closed their doors to unvaccinated customers. Swimming pools and public baths … were barred to the unvaccinated in “innumerable communities.” Cemeteries and churches of congregations whose leaders openly opposed vaccination were desecrated. Vaccinated individuals who had relationships with the unvaccinated were publicly paraded as “health defilers” and frequently had to be taken into custody by the local authorities, for once in truth for their own protection. The atmosphere on the streets of many towns in Oregon, California, Massachusetts, Maryland, and Connecticut were so threatening that many unvaccinated inhabitants scarcely dared leave their homes any more.

Actions such as these were encouraged not only by the general atmosphere of anti anti-vaxxism, but also explicitly by leading figures in the Democratic Party.

Sounds to me like par for the course these days, and many of the preceding examples could have been lifted verbatim from headlines. Now let me admit that I’ve deceived you. This passage was adapted with minor alterations from the book The Third Reich in Power by Richard J. Evans. Here is the original text:

In a number of municipalities, including Weimar, local authorities banned Jews from going to the cinema; in Magdeburg all the trams acquired signs placed over the entry doors bearing the words “Jews not wanted!” The same town also stopped Jews from using the city library. Inns and restaurants in Straslund and other places closed their doors to Jewish customers. Swimming pools and public baths, reported a Social Democratic agent in August, were barred to Jews in “innumerable communities.” Jewish cemeteries and synagogues were desecrated. Non-Jews who had relationships with Jews were publicly paraded as “race defilers” and frequently had to be taken into custody by the Gestapo, for once in truth for their own protection. The atmosphere on the streets of many towns in the Rhineland, Westphalia, Hesse, Pomerania, and East Prussia were so threatening that many Jewish inhabitants scarcely dared leave their homes any more.

Actions such as these were encouraged not only by the general atmosphere of antisemitism, but also explicitly by leading figures in the [Nazi] Party.

Perhaps I’ll post more of my observations from this book in the “When you finish a book” thread when I’m done, but if you fail to see the parallels between what’s described in the book and what’s going on right now, then you’re a very special kind of ostrich.

Nearly every chapter of this book contains parallels to current events such as the one I’ve presented here. Make no mistake – this is no accident or coincidence. We are copying their playbook essentially word for word in setting up the untainted as the scapegoat for all of society’s ills. Our “leaders” deliberately engage in this behavior every day. If allowed to continue along its current trajectory, there is only one logical resolution to our current situation. In this regard, the rulers will continue to follow the script to the letter and not deviate from the precedent set in the 30’s and 40’s.

Padouk

Kingfisher
I will ask you to indulge me for a few minutes if you please to engage in a brief thought experiment. Do you or do you not think it would be reasonable that a passage such as the following might be written today?

Sounds to me like par for the course these days, and many of the preceding examples could have been lifted verbatim from headlines. Now let me admit that I’ve deceived you. This passage was adapted with minor alterations from the book The Third Reich in Power by Richard J. Evans. Here is the original text:

Perhaps I’ll post more of my observations from this book in the “When you finish a book” thread when I’m done, but if you fail to see the parallels between what’s described in the book and what’s going on right now, then you’re a very special kind of ostrich.

Nearly every chapter of this book contains parallels to current events such as the one I’ve presented here. Make no mistake – this is no accident or coincidence. We are copying their playbook essentially word for word in setting up the untainted as the scapegoat for all of society’s ills. Our “leaders” deliberately engage in this behavior every day. If allowed to continue along its current trajectory, there is only one logical resolution to our current situation. In this regard, the rulers will continue to follow the script to the letter and not deviate from the precedent set in the 30’s and 40’s.

... because the Nazi's won the Second world war the Commies won the Cold war.

Viktor Zeegelaar

Ostrich
Orthodox Inquirer