Criticisms of Coronavirus narrative and policy

Samseau

Owl
Orthodox
Gold Member
Vax.jpg

This is fake news. The Giraffes did not get vaccinated before they died, apparently. They ordered the vaxes, but something else killed the Giraffe's first.

MartyMcFly

Kingfisher
Other Christian
Really growing to dislike our western cultural habit of warehousing our parents.
I think one reason this is happening more is partly due to parents not raising their children well. Selfish and cold parents will create kids that don't care much about them. Families are weak overall in the USA and this is just one result.

I do agree that this is sad though and likely happens much less when children and parents have a good relationship. This makes me think of a good short story you might know:

Pointy Elbows

Woodpecker
Orthodox
I think one reason this is happening more is partly due to parents not raising their children well. Selfish and cold parents will create kids that don't care much about them. Families are weak overall in the USA and this is just one result.

I do agree that this is sad though and likely happens much less when children and parents have a good relationship. This makes me think of a good short story you might know:

Sunday PM, I had a chance encounter with an elderly couple, late 70's. I drove to the country to see a small plot of land for sale. As I was walking around, this couple drove over. The little plot was adjacent to their home, where they had lived about 40 years. She was recently diagnosed with dementia, and it was starting to show.

There they were, together, on their pretty little plot of land, maskless, in the clear winter air. She still loved the nature and beauty of it. We toured the home, which was also for sale. She was still sweet and kind, cute and very fit for a woman her age. He seemed to be the "happy-worker" type and handled her confusion in stride.

They had just done an estate sale and were living bare-bones in a mostly empty home. I thought: where are the adult kids? There were pics on the walls of their kids when younger. Who knows if they were good or cruel parents, but this apparently sweet couple were all alone, dealing with real problems.

Either way, she deserves to live out her life freely, with her man. They had that old couple comfort level, loving and confident in each other. They complimented each other openly. I'd hate to see her in an old folks' home, locked away from the one person that has proven his love for her all these years. She still had a joy in life, but such a circumstance would sap it pretty fast.

Not my place to judge their adult children, but as a culture, we seem to devalue everyone that isn't a current tax-payer. On demand abortions, crappy government schools, and old folks' homes. Stay-at-home moms are called lazy by working moms. That's how we bracket the tax-paying years. It isn't healthy.

SeekingTruth

Kingfisher
Catholic

Heart attacks rise during holidays, 'holiday heart syndrome' linked to stress​

“Holiday heart” has to do with heavy alcohol abuse, not the actual holidays.

Parmesan

Kingfisher
Other Christian

It's sort of a strange dynamic, but it seems the easier life gets, the harder it is to raise children properly. Industrialization has not been good for families overall. In an agrarian society, large families and humble siblings are necessary. The boys grow up with masculine responsibilities and duties mostly outdoors. They learn form their fathers and other local men, there isn't a lot of opportunity for them to stray into trouble and get bogged down in idealism and unhealthy pursuits. The women tend to home and feminine pursuits, they value a husband based on the productivity they witness from their fathers, not much time to dream about Chad or big city careers. A lot of positive reinforcement and discipline happens out sheer necessity of survival. Obviously parenting skills are still important, but there is more built in structure that minimizes some of the negative repercussions of poor or absent parenting.

budoslavic

Eagle
Orthodox
Gold Member

Viktor Zeegelaar

Hummingbird
Orthodox Inquirer

Redcrosse

Woodpecker
Other Christian

So he thinks the real problem facing humanity is not enough people paid attention to the “dire warnings” of “scientists” telling them Covid was the apocalypse.

So that’s what the problem is? — not enough sheep who automatically obey their “superiors”?

These people inhabit a total permanent psychosis that is the opposite of reality.

By the way, sad to see so many big name stars — including DiCaprio and Streep — taking part in a movie that looks like straight up anti-Trump, anti-MAGA propaganda. What’s wrong with these actors? These are talented people but they waste their talent on unworthy projects. It makes it sound like Trump’s sin was publicly resisting the Covid hoax at the start, whereas his real sin was caving in, changing his tune and lending his support to Operation Warp Speed.

Last edited:

budoslavic

Eagle
Orthodox
Gold Member

Flu is making a comeback in US after an unusual year off​

The U.S. flu season has arrived on schedule after taking a year off, with flu hospitalizations rising and two child deaths reported.

Last year’s flu season was the lowest on record, likely because COVID-19 measures — school closures, distancing, masks and canceled travel — prevented the spread of influenza, or because the coronavirus somehow pushed aside other viruses.

"...after an unusual year off..."

honkler-clown.gif

the high

Kingfisher
Other Christian
4 times kickboxing world championship speaking out against corona. It is interesting to think about how the weakening of men has been a huge part in the smoothness this system was rolled out. His term the slave mind is a pretty accurate caption of the average person sadly. Swearing by the way.

Good stuff but I thought Dubai had some of the worse covid restrictions.