Criticisms of Coronavirus narrative and policy

Sisyphus

Kingfisher
Other Christian
Some really bizarre stuff going on with the narrative shift. As you may know, Yahoo! is an outlet for extreme left-wing propaganda. Last week they published the following article which is critical of injection mandates and broaches the ultimate taboo subject of endemicity.

Khemlani’s conversation with University of Saskatchewan virologist Angela Rasmussen yielded an insight we at the Morning Brief recently explored — namely, what the arrival of the hyper-transmissive Omicron variant means for society, and for a patchwork of restrictions that are becoming more counterproductive by the day.

Employing the concept of “endemicity”... Rasmussen essentially dashed hopes that we can vaccinate our way out of the pandemic.

“I don't think that elimination is going to be possible with this virus,” she told Yahoo Finance Live, as the virus moves from pandemic to endemic. That sentiment was reinforced by the World Health Organization's director of emergency programs, Dr. Mike Ryan.

"We won't end the virus this year, we may never end the virus. These pandemic viruses end up becoming part of the ecosystem," Ryan told the World Economic Forum, Khemlani reported.

Previously, the Morning Brief has argued that whatever specious utility vaccine protocols may have enjoyed early on has been upended by the appearance of a variant that's infected scores of the vaccinated.

Among other things, the debatable efficacy of mandates has isolated the unvaccinated in ways that deprive struggling businesses of patrons, and needed workers of gainful employment. For those reasons, the Czech Republic’s newly-elected government rightly reversed a plan to require vaccinations among citizens there, a move designed to avoid "deepening fissures" among the electorate.

The New York Times hit the nail on the head by highlighting how Starbucks’ move to quickly abandon its employee mandate shows how “retailers and their advocates had been among the most vocal critics of the federal government’s vaccine rule, saying it would have exacerbated their struggles to hire or hold on to workers when millions of unemployed Americans remain on the sidelines of the job market.”

Look at some of the language and devices used here. First of all, we see the "insight" from a virologist (trust the science!). Restrictions becoming more counterproductive by the day. We can't "vaccinate" our way out of the "pandemic." Then an official from the WHO (trust the globalist science!) suggests that the killer virus will become endemic like the cold and flu.

Then some of what reads like talking points from this forum. Injection protocols of "specious utility." Acknowledgement that the injected are getting "infected" (whatever that means). "Debatable efficacy of mandates." Discussing how the Czech government "rightly" backed off from their forced injection mandate.

The NYT opposes employer injection mandates?

Then another bombshell:

Yet both (blue) states [CA and NY] have seen an uneven recovery that's sent many citizens in search of greener pastures in (red) areas

Admitting to the mass exodus from the most extreme totalitarian hellholes!

The piece ends by mentioning "ill-advised restrictions that block workers from jobs, or force companies to get rid of them if they don't comply."

I don't trust it, I don't know what it's all about, and like many others, I suspect that it's only preparation for something much worse. Even if Brandon declares our victory over the killer virus (just in time for the midterm elections), our battle is far from over. We know full well that they can do it all again and Little Bill has suggested that they will. Freedom in this country and most of the "free world" is in a precarious state, closer to global fascism than it's ever been.

They're nudging us towards complacency, but I'm not falling into that trap. I'm very wary of this latest coordinated manipulation and I disbelieve it as much as any of the propaganda they've bombarded us with so far.

hedonist

Kingfisher
Other Christian

Is it just me or is this Pfizer trying to make more profits? Was Omicron even around when this pill was being made? Also if Pfizer are making a vax for Omi, why keep pushing the existing boosters?

Omicron’s resistance to the two leading monoclonal antibody medicines has upended the treatment playbook for COVID-19 in recent weeks.

Doctors have alternate therapies to battle early COVID-19 cases, including two new antiviral pills from Pfizer and Merck, but both are in short supply. An antibody drug from GlaxoSmithKline that remains effective also is in
short supply.

budoslavic

Eagle
Orthodox
Gold Member

Czech Folk singer Hana Horká dies of COVID after deliberately catching virus​

Veteran folk singer Hana Horká died Sunday of COVID-19 after intentionally exposing herself to the virus in an ill-advised self-immunization attempt. She was 57 years old.

The Czech musician’s passing was confirmed by her son Jan Rek, who told Prague Morning that she “preferred to catch the disease than get vaccinated.”

Her fatal goal: to regain access to her favorite off-limits sources of entertainment.

Per her son’s account, Horká, lead vocalist for the popular international band Asonance, had wanted a “recovery pass” to the sauna and theater in her native Czech Republic, where either proof of vaccination or a recent infection is required to access specific cultural venues, the BBC reported.

Horká, who hadn’t gotten the shot, saw an opportunity for the latter after both Rek and his father caught the virus over Christmas despite being vaccinated. Instead of self-isolating, she deliberately hung around the infected family members.

“She should have isolated for a week because we tested positive — but she was with us the whole time,” lamented Rek, who referred to his mother as “quite a legend” in country and folk music circles.

The vocalist revealed her COVID-catching scheme on social media, claiming she was recovering well from the disease.

“I survived… It was intense,” Horká wrote in the post, according to local news outlets. “So now there will be the theater, sauna, a concert… and an urgent trip to the sea.”

“Life is here for me and for you too,” she added.

Two days later, the folk artist reportedly died due to coronavirus complications, with her son reporting that she “choked to death” within 10 minutes.

An Australian bride-to-be is purposefully trying to catch COVID-19 to prevent it from ruining her wedding day in six weeks.

Rek has since blamed the anti-vaxxer movement for her loss, noting that his mom frequently shared anti-vaccine articles to social media.

“I know exactly who influenced her,” said the bereaved son, who reportedly tried to convince Horká to get immunized to no avail. “It makes me sad that she believed strangers more than her proper family.”

Meanwhile, the number of COVID-19 cases in the Czech Republic reached a new daily high on Wednesday, with 28,469 cases reported in a population of 10.7 million people, according to the BBC.

Rek ultimately hopes his mother’s death will inspire others to get the vaccine.

“If you have living examples from real life, it’s more powerful than just graphs and numbers,” he explained. “You can’t really sympathize with numbers.”

In a similar incident last week, a bride-to-be attempted to preemptively catch COVID at a club — so it wouldn’t ruin her wedding day six months later.

GuitarVH

Pelican
Orthodox Inquirer

This is some of the most virulent propaganda I've seen in a while and there's a ton of it to choose from every day.

I don't believe half of the things claimed in this article, including that someone can choke to death from the fake covid which apparently can cause death in an ever increasing number of ways.

Nor do I believe it's even possible to go out of your way to "catch" covid if you wanted to. All anecdotal nonsense. Besides the fact that there never existed or currently exists any kind of test to prove it. Constant lies, lies and more lies.

I don't know anything about this particular family but I don't appreciate their lies and false accusations of people who courageously continue to protect their own bodily integrity against a demonic state intent on piercing it. All of this in sycophantic and cowardly support of a global regime who wants to further fragment and destabilize society in pursuit of the worst global crime in history.

Barefaced

Sparrow
Other Christian
This is some of the most virulent propaganda I've seen in a while and there's a ton of it to choose from every day.

I don't believe half of the things claimed in this article, including that someone can choke to death from the fake covid which apparently can cause death in an ever increasing number of ways.

Nor do I believe it's even possible to go out of your way to "catch" covid if you wanted to. All anecdotal nonsense. Besides the fact that there never existed or currently exists any kind of test to prove it. Constant lies, lies and more lies.

I don't know anything about this particular family but I don't appreciate their lies and false accusations of people who courageously continue to protect their own bodily integrity against a demonic state intent on piercing it. All of this in sycophantic and cowardly support of a global regime who wants to further fragment and destabilize society in pursuit of the worst global crime in history.
Upside-down world. The “journalist” probably wrote that article with glee. Just imagine if they’d write the same stories every time someone got damaged or killed after taking the shot just so they could go to a theater or whatever. These news rooms would probably have to start rehiring all the staff they’ve laid off just to keep up.

Samseau

Eagle
Orthodox
Gold Member

And we know that had she gotten the vaccine, she'd still be alive now because...? The hidden assumption is that the vax works, and I've known plenty of families where only one person gets sick and the person sleeping right next to them does not get sick. It's obvious that no one understands how transmission works, or if it is even caused by a virus.

Garuda

Pelican
Protestant

But the research paper said lockdowns did have “devastating effects” on the economy and contributed to numerous social ills.

“They have contributed to reducing economic activity, raising unemployment, reducing schooling, causing political unrest, contributing to domestic violence, and undermining liberal democracy,” the report said.

“Such a standard benefit-cost calculation leads to a strong conclusion: lockdowns should be rejected out of hand as a pandemic policy instrument,” the paper concluded.

Gradient

Kingfisher

Health? Why does Johns Hopkins think that lockdowns had anything to do with health? The lockdowns were wildly successful in achieving what they were designed to - destroy societal cohesion (what little there was) and demonstrate the obedience tolerance of the populace.

"Studying" the effectiveness of lockdowns on reducing deaths from Covid is like studying the effectiveness of strict gun control to reduce diabetes.

budoslavic

Eagle
Orthodox
Gold Member
CNN physician plant - "Dr. Nicole Baldwin" - asking Biden a misinformation question.

unibrow-burt-and-ernie.gif