Crypto lounge thread

Mikeyd03

Woodpecker
This is an interesting graph and opinion.

I have been hearing increasing desires from normies to get in, which is a good sign it will continue to go up. All around people seem very bullish for the next big move. All the people who have been getting it right seem to have a ballpark, projected consensus, which is:

- this bull cycle will continue into about March 2022, maybe later
- Bitcoin will hit between about $150,000 and $300,000 (~$6-12T total cap)

It's looking a lot like breakout, now, to me. But not sure on that yet. Feels like it should have another month squeezing around $45K.

This is exactly what I thought would happen in China:

This goes to show that the crypto-space is a lot more unstoppable than restrictionists think. I am leaning more to the opinion that the global banking mafia is much weaker and much more vulnerable to being replaced than people thought.
BitBoy is the worst. Raoul pretty based.

see you at $800k boys.

Coja Petrus Uscan

Crow
Orthodox Inquirer
Gold Member
I see it as a duty for free people to gobble up this asset before ownership gets entrenched by evil players.... Apparently, bitcoin's 9% jump today is from news that Soros has bought some.

~90% of crypto is owned by right-wing and libertarian men. Good luck to Soros with his lesbian studies.

BitBoy is the worst. Raoul pretty based.

Based on his looks women don't respond well to him, but when they find out he called himself BitBoy queues start to form.

Last edited:
Participated in an IDO for The HUSL....can be bought on uniswap by swapping ETH.

Basically this is going to be an NFT platform for music. Busta Rhymes is on the team. Love the concept......getting rid of the middleman and bringing artists and audience directly together.

High potential. Think of investing in a musician before they make it big.

Thanks for the tip. Have bought a bit.

Actually the first time I've used Uniswap...man those fees are a joke. Would think it's inevitable that something like SOL eventually surpasses ETH unless they sort it out

Cryptosam

Pigeon
So I bought $2k USD worth of Solana at 176$ and I've been watching it bleed while BTC pumps
What's going on? How low should I let it go before I buy back in to lower my average cost?

Mikeyd03

Woodpecker
Thanks for the tip. Have bought a bit.

Actually the first time I've used Uniswap...man those fees are a joke. Would think it's inevitable that something like SOL eventually surpasses ETH unless they sort it out
arbitrum upgrade will be big for ETH. But yeah SOL looks like a solid HODL. Also....can i get a HUT HUT....HUT mining above $10.

Cryptosam

Pigeon
arbitrum upgrade will be big for ETH. But yeah SOL looks like a solid HODL. Also....can i get a HUT HUT....HUT mining above $10.
Maybe I'll just hold my SOL then but it feels like I bought the local top and I'll be holding for a while. Why don't SOL and AVAX go up with BTC like most other things do?

Coja Petrus Uscan

Crow
Orthodox Inquirer
Gold Member
So I bought $2k USD worth of Solana at 176$ and I've been watching it bleed while BTC pumps
What's going on? How low should I let it go before I buy back in to lower my average cost?

Question to ask when you buy is - how many places can this coin go up in market cap ranking?

Of the coins in the top 20, the only one I see as being worth going up places is SOL. My opinion is it will flip BNB and USDT, then the highly overvalued ADA is a stones-throw, but Ethereum is a mountain to climb.

In 2017 BitcoinCash briefly pipped ETH for second place. In one month it went from $5B to $30B. That was based on high-level shilling of the likes of Roger Ver. That is a 6X, which at current, would not be enough to lift SOL to 2nd place.

It's likely something will make a run like that this season, but what - SOL? Shiba Inu? Quite a lot of the top 20 are tired and, either fair value or over valued. So I would go for SOL or Shiba, the latter on memetic energy alone.

With that said, your buy in price is very high. If you want the chance of gains consider Saber and Sunny. I think the former will end up on FTX soon and they have announced a lot of developments like staking. Saber is #16 by TVL in DeFi with a TLV:cap ratio of 1.5%. Or less speculative - RAY.

Coja Petrus Uscan

Crow
Orthodox Inquirer
Gold Member
Let me know what I missed.

ZEUzeCpj.jpeg

Cryptosam

Pigeon
Gosh I was really hoping for a bigger, longer crash. This crab market isn't much fun to play with.

If you guys had 10k USD right now sitting on an exchange doing nothing what would you do with it?

Gasman12

Pigeon
I have most of my crypto on coinbase and some on voyager. Do you guys recommend moving it onto the ledger? If so, why? I was looking to take some profits in winter/spring of 2022 if it pulls back.

Coja Petrus Uscan

Crow
Orthodox Inquirer
Gold Member
I have most of my crypto on coinbase and some on voyager. Do you guys recommend moving it onto the ledger? If so, why? I was looking to take some profits in winter/spring of 2022 if it pulls back.

I didn't look into it, but I have seen two bits of info floating around about a Coinbase user who had their data handed over to the feds and is now dead.

It depends on factors. If you happen to have small amounts of ETH or ETH tokens, then there will be a huge gas bill to move and sell them.

I think Coinbase is probably more secure in terms of security than most people holding their keys. My main worry with CEXs is that they will be regulated and you will not be able to get your coins out unless you submit documents you might not have. This has already happened in The Netherlands.

As always, SafePal has no-KYC, no personal info access to Binance.

BURNΞR

Pelican
Question to ask when you buy is - how many places can this coin go up in market cap ranking?

Of the coins in the top 20, the only one I see as being worth going up places is SOL. My opinion is it will flip BNB and USDT, then the highly overvalued ADA is a stones-throw, but Ethereum is a mountain to climb.

In 2017 BitcoinCash briefly pipped ETH for second place. In one month it went from $5B to $30B. That was based on high-level shilling of the likes of Roger Ver. That is a 6X, which at current, would not be enough to lift SOL to 2nd place.

It's likely something will make a run like that this season, but what - SOL? Shiba Inu? Quite a lot of the top 20 are tired and, either fair value or over valued. So I would go for SOL or Shiba, the latter on memetic energy alone.

With that said, your buy in price is very high. If you want the chance of gains consider Saber and Sunny. I think the former will end up on FTX soon and they have announced a lot of developments like staking. Saber is #16 by TVL in DeFi with a TLV:cap ratio of 1.5%. Or less speculative - RAY.

It doesn't have to flip ETH. I think it can flip BNB possibly ADA during this bull run. Keep in mind that when BTC is in the 100-130k range, SOL will 4-6x in fiat terms. SOL is a solid choice because as long as it keeps it's position in rank or moves up you are guaranteed good gains. If people are looking for a 100x it's too late to get that with SOL for this cycle. Whether you have 2k or 200k in SOL I see it as a safe play where you are very likely to walk away with great profits. The risk-adjusted reward is good. Some will say you should make riskier bets in a bull run for more profit and they are probably right if you are playing with small money but if you are playing with larger quantities you want the safer blue chips like ADA, SOL, ETH, BTC. SOL is the most risky out of that group but obviously it has more upward potential and it is a much safer play than betting on something like XRP which looks like worse odds than a coin flip. The only thing about SOL I don't like is the price. Retail investors will be a lot more open to buying $3-9 ADA than $150-$600 SOL.

As for ADA being overvalued, that's hard to say. Arguably has the most advanced tech with POS, staking, and smart contracts, most green and caters to the social justice crowd (appeals to normies), as decentralized as ETH (but not BTC). Large community and decent potential to gain developers and rival ETH in a couple of years. The bad is that is behind in the race against ETH, questionable whether it can onboard devs to write code in Haskell (but these are problems post-current cycle). Overall I think ADA has established its credibility and place in the top 3 and if it simply continues to be ~20% of ETH's market cap you are looking at over $7-8+ ADA when BTC goes over 100k. If 4x in fiat terms seems paltry, maybe it is. The way I see it, it offers similar or better rewards than ETH with some additional risk.

The obvious caveat I'm going to add is that it is difficult to predict how retail investors are going to FOMO in when it happens. I look at the data from the 2017 run and try to emulate how dumb money thinks and that's how I come to the conclusion that both SOL and ADA are solid. I think these are complicated projects but with easy-enough narratives for normies and institutional money to pile into.

cosine

Robin
If you pick correctly between ETH/ADA/SOL or whatever else takes the king position in that space, there'll be some crazy riches to be made. I have some of all 3, weighted in favor of ETH, SOL, then ADA. But, I really don't know which will win, or if some newer blockchain will come and replace all of them.

On the other hand, when the institutional investors pile into the space, they'll pile overwhelmingly into BTC. That part of the crypto space seems so much more obvious and logical to invest in, albeit you won't find 1,000x returns there anymore.

BURNΞR

Pelican
I wouldn't dwell too much on what will be king. The bullrun will probably end within 6-8 months. ETH is the defacto leader of the alts. It won't be flipped in this bull run. It simply has the most developers and most people using it. All the stable coins and defi run on Ethereum. That will change in the next 4-5 years but for now it is the leader. From what I hear 2.0 is coming before April so I am looking to sell as it pumps.

I don't see the competition as a bad thing, ETH needs to grow in market cap so that ADA and coins below it can grow too. This is just my conjecture but it looks like the market benchmarks the fair value crypto price based market cap. If BTC goes over 2T cap then ETH becomes benchmarked to 30-40% of that, automatically. Then ADA becomes 20-30% of ETH market cap and so on.