Crypto lounge thread

Marathon

Chicken
Orthodox Inquirer
I'm relatively new to crypto, and brand new to using Discord. Does anyone have any Discord communities they would recommend joining to learn more about crypto?

Coja Petrus Uscan

Crow
Orthodox Inquirer
Gold Member
Posted by @slowpoke -

256416306_1979342048898011_3956098250016746110_n.jpg

Normie's research materials -

tulips-bubbles-obituaries-peering-through-the-fud-about-crypto.jpg

I'm relatively new to crypto, and brand new to using Discord. Does anyone have any Discord communities they would recommend joining to learn more about crypto?

There is a Teamspeak & Telegram - https://whalepool.io/

This group is run by guys who have been margin trading crypto for about eight years and has members who have done the same. No small feat.

This is one of them on Nitter - https://n.0x0.st/austerity_sucks

Just saw that the BAT pump was on some big news that BAT is going native onto Solana.

solana-bat.png

Thread - https://nitter.42l.fr/solana/status/1457742840969187328

This is quite substantial. BSC has a lot of tokens, but mostly small-cap BSC-only tokens. They have ported a lot of larger tokens on there with pegs. Coins like ETH, ADA, LINK.

BAT is one of the few major coins to natively put itself on BSC; BLZ is another. Others have announced they would, but few have executed or done anything with it.

In dollar terms the $ amount spent an advertising has grown a lot this year. I think this may not include direct purchases of ads with BAT <- not sure if there are any such purchases.

bat-growth-oct-2021.png

But it's maybe more significant that Brave in integrating Solana as its blockchain of choice. They've had ETH in that position for some time. But who wants to pay $35+ to perform basic functions and wait 30 seconds. There have been numerous outfits trying to produce an interface for Ethereum Dapps (such as Status), but I believe it's a dead duck. This integration will give 42 million monthly Brave browser users easy access to Solana Dapps, which are actually useable.

Still going long on BAT.

Coins that I am looking at to come out of their slumber in a future cycle - BAT, BLZ, PRE, XMR, GLM.

Is there a preferred broker/exchange/app for Americans to purchase small amounts of Bitcoin and Alt-coins without significant added fees and markups? DoWallet has been pretty easy to mess with, but it has very high fees.

Also, every path I've come across for ways to turn Bitcoin back into usable American dollar currency seems to involve significant fees, as well. How do you guys like to approach that?

Coja Petrus Uscan

Crow
Orthodox Inquirer
Gold Member
Is there a preferred broker/exchange/app for Americans to purchase small amounts of Bitcoin and Alt-coins without significant added fees and markups? DoWallet has been pretty easy to mess with, but it has very high fees.

Also, every path I've come across for ways to turn Bitcoin back into usable American dollar currency seems to involve significant fees, as well. How do you guys like to approach that?

Crypto.com has a card with zero fees. I don't know what their US trading and deposit fees are, but suspect they are low.

Coja Petrus Uscan

Crow
Orthodox Inquirer
Gold Member
I have realized I can`t afford to miss out on the financial changes going on in the crypto/defi world, which still is early days in my opinion.

a) However, my question is this. Why would anyone put a decentralized asset into a centralized exchange? The whole attraction, besides gains I assume, is to take you off grid of an economic system that is corrupted to the core and have full privacy about it.

b) My question for you crypto guys is, even if you buy crypto on an exchange and store it on a cold wallet, you will have to account for the amount deposited into the exchange. Have you given this any thought?

a) Do you mean for storage? Some people choose to leave them on centralised exchanges. Usually minnows, normies, or day traders. A wallet is going to cost $50-500, so it only makes sense to most people if that cost is a few percent of their assets, or less. I think the risk of holding on A-list exchanges like Binance, Coinbase, FTX and Crypto.com is very low in terms of them being hacked. I would be more worried about them locking you out of your coins at the behest of the government. This has happened in The Netherlands. Then you have the growing criminilisation of everyone using legacy finance. If you use legacy finance, particularly across borders, you are perpetually guilty until proven innocent, at which point you are considered perpetually guilty again. KYC is being used as another tool in who gets to engage in the economy.

But, you are likely going to need to use a centralised on-ramp to buy crypto. I buy on one in a country that is pro-crypto and has no real taxes, so I don't consider it a risk. But as soon as I have bought it, I withdraw to a hardware wallet.

The other reason people keep their funds on centralised exchange is they are traders. But with 10-12% of crypto outside BTC locked in DeFi, and the emergence of DeFi leverage, futures and options, that will likely change.

b) Are you talking about tax accounting?

Coja Petrus Uscan

Crow
Orthodox Inquirer
Gold Member
TON Coin, which is the successor of TON (Telegram Open Network) has been listed on FTX - https://www.coingecko.com/en/coins/the-open-network

I think this one is probably worth a pop. Cap is currently at $17M. It was $500K not long ago.

The original TON token raised something like $2B, but was abandoned after regulator pressure if I remember correctly.

It has some quite strong signals, so I will be taking a pop. It also has mining and validator nodes. It looks like a validator currently makes $20 / day. But if you happened to have setup a validator at the earliest oppurtunity (about 3 months ago) you would now have about $50,000.

It is another blockchain, which says it can process millions of transactions per second.

Mikeyd03

Woodpecker
I would like to see everyone here make some extra money….so if you have a couple hundred dollars of eth laying around…

Do a swap with the metamask wallet swap feature TODAY.

Do not wait a week after reading this, do it today.

There is potentially going to be a very big airdrop from metamask in the not too distant future (similar to ENS)

No whining about gas fees….the ENS airdrop ended up being worth a couple grand for many people.

Eat the Gas, be patient, secure yourself some $mask

Gotta look out for my rooshbros.

Jamal D

Robin
a) Do you mean for storage? Some people choose to leave them on centralised exchanges. Usually minnows, normies, or day traders. A wallet is going to cost $50-500, so it only makes sense to most people if that cost is a few percent of their assets, or less. I think the risk of holding on A-list exchanges like Binance, Coinbase, FTX and Crypto.com is very low in terms of them being hacked. I would be more worried about them locking you out of your coins at the behest of the government. This has happened in The Netherlands. Then you have the growing criminilisation of everyone using legacy finance. If you use legacy finance, particularly across borders, you are perpetually guilty until proven innocent, at which point you are considered perpetually guilty again. KYC is being used as another tool in who gets to engage in the economy.

But, you are likely going to need to use a centralised on-ramp to buy crypto. I buy on one in a country that is pro-crypto and has no real taxes, so I don't consider it a risk. But as soon as I have bought it, I withdraw to a hardware wallet.

The other reason people keep their funds on centralised exchange is they are traders. But with 10-12% of crypto outside BTC locked in DeFi, and the emergence of DeFi leverage, futures and options, that will likely change.

b) Are you talking about tax accounting?
Hey and thanks for taking the time to respond!

I am not talking about the safety of your holdings. Purely that you leave a trace after you buy buying an asset meant to be decentralized and private on a centralized platform that identifies you. Even if you transfer it to a cold wallet you still have to account for that to your government bc they will ask "where did all your funds go"? To put it straight, I don`t trust my government in 2021, and I want some of my assets off grid. They just took away my right to have a beer in a bar without a vaccine passport, and I can easily see that 2 years from now you won`t have access to your funds without one also.

With gold/silver coins I can buy with my card, which does leave a trace after me yes, but I won`t be tracked on where I have stored. Who knows, maybe "I lost all my gold and silver"? There is a much stronger buzz around crypto and the system is much eager to deal with that universe vs physical metals now.

My plan is to be 15-20% invested of my net worth by the end of the year in crypto. Perhaps building an iceberg model, where some assets are seen but the majority is bought anonymously and stored to a wallet is the way to go. There are clean ways to do it, but you need to have a few connections.

JayR

Woodpecker
I am not talking about the safety of your holdings. Purely that you leave a trace after you buy buying an asset meant to be decentralized and private on a centralized platform that identifies you. Even if you transfer it to a cold wallet you still have to account for that to your government bc they will ask "where did all your funds go"? To put it straight, I don`t trust my government in 2021, and I want some of my assets off grid. They just took away my right to have a beer in a bar without a vaccine passport, and I can easily see that 2 years from now you won`t have access to your funds without one also.
Use a decentralized exchange for privacy. I like Bisq (no mobile app -- requires a computer). As far as storage, it would be more convenient to just store my BTC on Bisq, but I go to the extra effort to move mine to a cold storage wallet after each purchase.

This thread has a lot of information about how to get started with an emphasis on maintaining anonymity:

Redbeard's BTC for Beginner's Datasheet

Jamal D

Robin
Use a decentralized exchange for privacy. I like Bisq (no mobile app -- requires a computer). As far as storage, it would be more convenient to just store my BTC on Bisq, but I go to the extra effort to move mine to a cold storage wallet after each purchase.

This thread has a lot of information about how to get started with an emphasis on maintaining anonymity:

Redbeard's BTC for Beginner's Datasheet
I have had Bisq on my radar, and glad to hear you find them trusthworthy. Will keep that option alive!

I admit I only read the last 7 pages of this thread so I will start binge reading it tmrw. Thanks for your advise!

SlickyBoy

Hummingbird
I would like to see everyone here make some extra money….so if you have a couple hundred dollars of eth laying around…

There is potentially going to be a very big airdrop from metamask in the not too distant future (similar to ENS)

No whining about gas fees….the ENS airdrop ended up being worth a couple grand for many people.

I heard about that too; they've been talking about an air drop but now that there's competition coming closer on other ecosystems they may actually do it. If you already have a Metamask you probably did more than a swap or two. Not sure you need to go out and use it again just to prove it's active, but they may award the more active wallets with more tokens, yes.

SlickyBoy

Hummingbird
This is quite substantial. BSC has a lot of tokens, but mostly small-cap BSC-only tokens. They have ported a lot of larger tokens on there with pegs. Coins like ETH, ADA, LINK.

BAT is one of the few major coins to natively put itself on BSC; BLZ is another. Others have announced they would, but few have executed or done anything with it.

But it's maybe more significant that Brave in integrating Solana as its blockchain of choice. They've had ETH in that position for some time. But who wants to pay $35+ to perform basic functions and wait 30 seconds. There have been numerous outfits trying to produce an interface for Ethereum Dapps (such as Status), but I believe it's a dead duck. This integration will give 42 million monthly Brave browser users easy access to Solana Dapps, which are actually useable.

Still going long on BAT.

Coins that I am looking at to come out of their slumber in a future cycle - BAT, BLZ, PRE, XMR, GLM.

I heard about Solana integrating with Brave. Was not sure what that meant for the existing BAT token feature already in Brave. I am confused by your explanation though. BAT is an Etherium token. Did something get switched over to Solana?

Coja Petrus Uscan

Crow
Orthodox Inquirer
Gold Member
I am not talking about the safety of your holdings. Purely that you leave a trace after you buy buying an asset meant to be decentralized and private on a centralized platform that identifies you. Even if you transfer it to a cold wallet you still have to account for that to your government bc they will ask "where did all your funds go"?

RedBeard's BTC datasheet would be good reference. I think he links through to other posts and the whole thread is probably worth reading.

His concern was not leaving a trail of Bitcoin to his doorstep, by using centralised KYC-laden exchanges.

If you are a US citizen I think it is a very valid concern. The GAE government has the longest arm in the world. Virtually any country that hasn't chosen the pariah status of sanctions and economic warfare bends over at the sound of The IRS's footsteps.

It is apparent that the globalist apparatus are busily working on closing down legacy finance. I am not sure the exact form their CBDC system will take, but it will have some high level of centrally storing much data on every financial transaction. We also have the demented left starting to talk about seizing control of banking. Currently you may be laden with KYC requests when moving money, particularly across borders. This is only a interim phase, before they wheel out systems where people they don't like will be instantly blocked.

I posted in the offshore thread about my own experience at the hands of the cabal. Came within four days of loosing most of my life savings because banks are so panicky The IRS and other agencies may destroy them, increasingly number of people are being locked out of banking, as they are too much of a risk.

There is going to be a war between decentralisation and centralisation in all fields of life:

- free flowing information vs. billionaire owned bankrupt entities running narrative control
- living rural vs. living in cities and being managed into infertility
- controlling your digital assets vs. being a subject of your central bank

Here is Jay's post on Bisq.

I heard about Solana integrating with Brave. Was not sure what that meant for the existing BAT token feature already in Brave. I am confused by your explanation though. BAT is an Etherium token. Did something get switched over to Solana?

I don't know the specific mechanics, but a number of coins are multi-chain. BAT is on BSC, ETH and SOL, naively. I'm not sure how this works in terms of not duplicating coins.

Brief article -

So all I got to do is hold Eth on my metamask account is it?

BLMeToo

Sparrow
r). As far as storage, it would be more convenient to just store my BTC on Bisq, but I go to the extra effort to move mine to a cold storage wallet after each purchase.

What should we swap our ETH for?