Crypto lounge thread

Mikeyd03

Woodpecker
Hard to keep up in this space. Where do you buy $DOBO? My metamask is not showing an option to swap.
How I buy $DOBO (A MEME COIN)

>Buy BNB on binance or other exchange
>Send bnb to meta mask wallet (MAKE SURE YOUR WALLET IS SET TO BSC NETWORK)
>Connect to pancake swap
>Set slippage to 12%
>Paste $DOBO address into PS from coingecko
>SWAP

Mikeyd03

Woodpecker
@Coja Petrus Uscan HEX is the bitconnect of this cycle. Look at the volume, look at the marketcap. It's unsustainable, and if a few big holders run for the exits....it's over.

Agree, Richard is a narcissistic dude with a God Complex.....avoid at all cost.

cosine

Robin
If you own houses in multiple states(better yet, multiple countries), then Texas flipping blue or something won't ruin you. I am mostly in a purple state that's still landlord-friendly, although the long, slow march towards tenant-biased has begun. I set rent at whatever the market can bear.

I already own the future house I want to live in, but it's got expensive cost of living. The current tenants' rent helps pay off the mortgage now, so when I move in I can actually afford to live there.

I also think about it this way: low interest, fixed-rate, long-term debt is one of the greatest hedges against inflation. The government has a lot of it, so they could try to "inflate it away," whereas there is basically zero chance of paying it down the old-fashioned way.

Land is "God's Bitcoin". There's only so much Earth left.

Also, thanks for the metamask suggestion. I swapped for LUNA, since I see Terra as a viable blockchain.

open source

Robin
Gold Member
@opensource a member of the team tweeted about there being a token. Doesn't seem very speculative to me. There's no reason they wouldn't have a token......

edit: also if you don't want to do it....then don't do it. This irritates me more than anything.......I'd say 9/10 people I tell about opportunities like this do 1 of 2 things....

1. brush it off completely because they are too lazy.

2. Whine or point out some issue or obstacle.

I've earned a decent chunk off of airdrops. You don't want to take action on the tip then don't. It's that simple.

I appreciate the tip i've already done the swap.

This is the tweet, at this point it's fair to say it's a speculation imo.

Last edited:

Coja Petrus Uscan

Crow
Orthodox Inquirer
Gold Member
TON is up 10% during this 10% pullback. I made my DCA yesterday and picked some up. I also bought some Solend, which is being touted as the Aave of Solana. BSC has Venus, which is it's Aave. It went up massively. I bought in at $8 and it want to $140, but crashed hard. Now at around $30. Solend might be able to do something similar. If it does I will be pulling the ripcord. These DeFi projects have been very FOMO and crash. The exceptions being UNI, CAKE, SUSHI and Yearn. But DeFi in general has been pulling back. The TVL has been going up a lot, so I am expecting another healthy rally before it's all over. Solana has made some advances in the last weeks. Raydium has added a lot of new tokens and farms. It's starting to look a lot like PancakeSwap in January. Hopefully they can do something with BAT.

I had a look at a lot of projects, but I still have half of my DCA sitting on an exchange. Any tips?

I am focusing on things that I think could enter the top 100, and TON is the only candidate there. Solend might be more of a top 200.

A took a look at Parsiq. It looks to be a decent project, with a good team and backing. Though I don't think their corporate nature and pricing schedule is very oriented to crypto. But at ~#600 it is certainly undervalued and could have a good rally.

Another that looks to be ramping up is PolkaBridge, but the project looks to be too weak to enter the top 100.

Brave has brought out a new wallet.

Invidious - https://invidious.snopyta.org/watch?v=wO2tAQNQlNk

This should be a nice easy entry point for noobs. Particularly as it has a fiat on-ramp, that then gives the noobs easy access to DeFi. I imagine Brave browser will be at 200M+ users by the next cycle, but since it's an ETH wallet and the swaps are $150, it's not going to be much good until they switch to Solana as the default wallet.

SlickyBoy

Hummingbird
It was inevitable that something like HEX would come along. Crypto is a very economically and financially illiterate space. HEX has filtered the illiteracy and greed into an algorithm that is difficult to get out of. It's channelled the same energy of Bitcoin maximalists, who haven't been able to see anything other than the price going up, into a trap.

There is a video here of him on Kitco. The interviewer is strained on several occasions as what Richard is saying doesn't add up.

I've seen the same kind of personal branding that Richard does in online marketing scams - multi-level marketing. Gurus set themselves up, lie profusely to lure in people, who then lure in the next level. Such guys usually talk of making $200K per month, which is obviously made up. The 1st tier of people are requested to post testimonials of how the guru has shared his wisdom and how they are now living the life of Riley. Heart also does this. It's the same model, with no real value proposition.

He appears to have a complex of a messianic self-help guru. From his site:

One thing I am worried about is what the gas prices will be when it's time to pull the ripcord. At the peak of the 2017 bubble a BTC TX was about 12X more expensive than it is now. If you port that over to Uniswap that will be over $1,500 for a swap.

I think ETH could have a good run this season as so many old money names love it and see it as a better value proposition than BTC. But it seems unworkable for its intended purpose.
That interview is pretty harmless though. What I'd like to see is a deeper dive or a debate between him and another high profile crypto personality where he answers to whatever it is they don't like about the project. The current conspiracy of silence just seems strange. Wish they'd fess up already.

Managed to get a few lottery tickets for the $GENE IDO on Raydium today. There is also another one next week for DeFi Land $DFL which I plan to give a try but the staking deadline has already passed now.

I would like to see everyone here make some extra money….so if you have a couple hundred dollars of eth laying around…

Do a swap with the metamask wallet swap feature TODAY.

Do not wait a week after reading this, do it today.

There is potentially going to be a very big airdrop from metamask in the not too distant future (similar to ENS)

No whining about gas fees….the ENS airdrop ended up being worth a couple grand for many people.

Eat the Gas, be patient, secure yourself some $mask

Gotta look out for my rooshbros.

Thanks for the heads up on this.

Is there any reason to think it needs to be an ETH swap within metamask to qualify?

Just swapped some BUSD within the extension and it confirms as using the metamask swap router on bscscan:

1637172422521.png

I'll pay the crazy ETH fees if it's gonna give me a better chance of qualifying for the airdrop tho...

Thomas More

Hummingbird

I noticed a bunch of ads for Crypto companies during the World Series, and now I see this deal to rename Staples Center in LA as part of a $700 million deal.

Apparently crypto is now a big enough business that companies have this kind of money to waste. How can it ever be worth $700 million to buy naming rights on a stadium? They obviously feel they have money to throw away. In comparison, Coors paid $30 million in 1995 for naming rights on Coors Field in perpetuity, as long as the stadium stands. I can see how this brings name recognition and prestige, and I can see that beer is advertised heavily to sports fans anyway. Are sports fans more likely to speculate in crypto currencies? Is there a tie in with sports gambling?

fokm

Woodpecker
Gold Member

I noticed a bunch of ads for Crypto companies during the World Series, and now I see this deal to rename Staples Center in LA as part of a $700 million deal.

Apparently crypto is now a big enough business that companies have this kind of money to waste. How can it ever be worth $700 million to buy naming rights on a stadium? They obviously feel they have money to throw away. In comparison, Coors paid $30 million in 1995 for naming rights on Coors Field in perpetuity, as long as the stadium stands. I can see how this brings name recognition and prestige, and I can see that beer is advertised heavily to sports fans anyway. Are sports fans more likely to speculate in crypto currencies? Is there a tie in with sports gambling?
History doesn't repeat but it rhymes -- this reminds me very much of the dotcom bubble.

I'm not saying to stop stacking. I'm really saying diamond hands.

Mikeyd03

Woodpecker
Managed to get a few lottery tickets for the $GENE IDO on Raydium today. There is also another one next week for DeFi Land $DFL which I plan to give a try but the staking deadline has already passed now.

Thanks for the heads up on this.

Is there any reason to think it needs to be an ETH swap within metamask to qualify?

Just swapped some BUSD within the extension and it confirms as using the metamask swap router on bscscan:

View attachment 34888

I'll pay the crazy ETH fees if it's gonna give me a better chance of qualifying for the airdrop tho...
My thought process was...."what makes metamask money?"

Ultimately it's a guessing game

SlickyBoy

Hummingbird

I'm not sure how Crypto.com has that kind of money. They do have a pretty good crypto rewards credit card for US residents, and they spend a lot on YouTube advertisements - nearly every other ad during a crypto video is from them. The CRO token wasn't performing all that well until this development, now everyone is piling in. Not sure what their overall strategy is though. If I recall correctly they are Singapore based but I could be mistaken.

I don't necessarily equate the current times with the dot com bubble but yeah, there will be plenty of projects that don't make it.

Coja Petrus Uscan

Crow
Orthodox Inquirer
Gold Member

I suspect they have large VC backing, but can't see any details. They have been using the sort of tactics that suggest they have lots of money to burn, while they assume market share. I've seen their advertising at a lot of sporting events too.

If they happened to have kept it, what they raised from their 2017 ICO would be $400M.

If they happen to have been keeping a lots of crypto trading fees, they would have huge sums from that.

Their user base is about 10-15 million and they bought their domain for $10 million.

They also have Matt Damon doing their advertising. Can't be cheap. But imagine the downsides of having hired a B-lister like Alec Baldwin, who was gracelessly shilling eToro.

This again shows the benefits of going in early on strong projects and not selling (this is the 1st or 2nd strongest private company crypto), and making use of ways of accumulating for free.

They have crypto rewards on their cards, for spending. Ranging between 1-8%, plus a staking reward of 10-12%.

I haven't used my card with them much recently, but if I'd put everything though with them that I'd bought, I'd probably have about 33% of my purchases covered by their cryptoback.

I put in $600 for the card staking in early 2020. With the APY + card rewards that is now something like $8-9K. This is one on my long-term list. Have been holding on-and-off since 2017, when it was known as MCO. Will go in for the $40K staking card next winter, which has 5% cryptoback on spending. There is another, Eidoo, that has up to 16% back.

Last edited:

Coja Petrus Uscan

Crow
Orthodox Inquirer
Gold Member
I think Mikey D was saying he expected the price to go down a bit and then rally. I was thinking the same. BTC down to about $58K. But maybe it's going to do more. 3d looks like it could test around $52K.

Here is the Nov 2021 view:

Screenshot-at-2021-11-18-21-22-49.png

And here you can see a similar breakdown in mid-Nov 2017:

Screenshot-at-2021-11-18-21-23-18.png

Woo, who has been very accurate, says it is a dip:

1.png

BTC 2017 (white), BTC 2021 (blue)

2.jpg

Same, but 2013:

3.jpg

Normies have been asking about crypto of late. Are they about to last minute FOMO-buy us to the moon?

Social volume is at all time high - https://lunarcrush.com/global?metric=social_volume

Trends volume having a bit of a spike.

Last edited:

Cryptosam

Pigeon
Guys, serious question, now that UK Kraken is delisting Monero, where is the safest place to transfer it to? I've never had my crypto anywhere but an exchange, I know, not the best strategy, but it's worked for me for years.
I'm not even in UK, but my monero balance is sitting on kraken and I worry they'll delist me and leave me looking for a new home at a moment's notice.
Anyone give me the skinny on wallets, including safety, and ease of use?

Parmesan

Woodpecker
Guys, serious question, now that UK Kraken is delisting Monero, where is the safest place to transfer it to? I've never had my crypto anywhere but an exchange, I know, not the best strategy, but it's worked for me for years.
I'm not even in UK, but my monero balance is sitting on kraken and I worry they'll delist me and leave me looking for a new home at a moment's notice.
Anyone give me the skinny on wallets, including safety, and ease of use?
MyMonero is pretty much the goto as far as I know

I wonder how long until US Kraken is forced to delist? Part of me almost welcomes it, as I’d rather mimimize the exchanges I use. I cant really afford to stack anymore anyway.

Cryptosam

Pigeon
MyMonero is pretty much the goto as far as I know

I wonder how long until US Kraken is forced to delist? Part of me almost welcomes it, as I’d rather mimimize the exchanges I use. I cant really afford to stack anymore anyway.
Is MyMonero on your desktop? If your computer crashes do you lose all your monero ?

Parmesan

Woodpecker
Is MyMonero on your desktop? If your computer crashes do you lose all your monero ?
I use the online version, they kinda hide it, but the link is there at the bottom of their page. Im too unorganized and sloppy to trust myself with cold storage in my current living situation.

You NEED to stash a physical copy of your private key somewhere whether you use the wallet online or locally. But a “crash” won’t delete your data unless your storage drive (hard drive/ssd) actually gets damaged or worn out in some way. Whatever you do, make sure you have that private key somewhere, that way you can recover.