Crypto lounge thread

Kangaroo

Woodpecker
Gold Member
Internet comic writer Stonetoss made 1.7 million USD equivalent in ETH for selling 5000 NFTs in 20minutes. Is it possible to get in on this train if you aren't somewhat famous?
Good marketing, hyped discord and twitter, then pay influencers to shill it. pfp mania has died though so much harder to pull it off now.

bucky

Ostrich
Internet comic writer Stonetoss made 1.7 million USD equivalent in ETH for selling 5000 NFTs in 20minutes. Is it possible to get in on this train if you aren't somewhat famous?
I'd say possible, but about as likely as someone paying you that kind of cash for some physical drawings you did if you're not a famous artist.

bucky

Ostrich
Nocoiners coping.

Buy crypto and join us in the citadel.
Do you think now's a good time to buy? Seems like almost everyone agrees that some kind of a dip is coming, if not an outright bear market that lasts for years, like 2017-2020 (approximately...I didn't have any crypto then, so I'm fuzzy on exact dates).

Jamal D

Robin
nice do you work for bisq? is it also possible that annomoous accounts are more easily hackable than say mainstream places to buy crypto
I did not see your question. I can assure you, I have zero affiliation with Bisq and just got started with crypto. Buying is the easy part, but building an anonymous infrastructure is the real hard part. If my government push me to go to the edge of my risk limit, there is no way in hell I am willing to share any info on my holdings with them either.

Coja Petrus Uscan

Crow
Orthodox Inquirer
Gold Member
I've commented before about how I lurk on a lot of leftist sites and blogs and have witnessed their bitter hatred for crypto. They often talk about how they're looking forward to laughing at the far-right white supremacists who hodl once crypto collapses and fails...

Just recently it hit me that crypto haters, who are almost always leftists, are not so much talking about crypto failing on its own merits, but about governments figuring out a way to destroy crypto.

It's strange, but there is another group of people who are similar, but don't tend to come with so much bile, as their opposition is not out of a deep jealousy, - right-libertarians. Peter Schiff is the obvious example.

These people have spent most of their life talking about how the government/central banks cannot be trusted with money, worrying about capital controls and financial asset confiscation/debasement. Along comes the first thing that is the solution to that, and they don't want anything to do with it. Some of them, like Steve Hanke, actively encourage crypto's destruction by the government.

It's not just commentators, the average gold bug takes a similar position. With such people I have noticed a balanced approach of mentioning crypto pros and cons softens them. There is, of course, no reasoning with leftists.

As for the price direction, there is no obvious indicator of a bear market and it doesn't looks liked a completed crypto bull market.

bucky

Ostrich
It's strange, but there is another group of people who are similar, but don't tend to come with so much bile, as their opposition is not out of a deep jealousy, - right-libertarians. Peter Schiff is the obvious example.

These people have spent most of their life talking about how the government/central banks cannot be trusted with money, worrying about capital controls and financial asset confiscation/debasement. Along comes the first thing that is the solution to that, and they don't want anything to do with it. Some of them, like Steve Hanke, actively encourage crypto's destruction by the government.

It's not just commentators, the average gold bug takes a similar position. With such people I have noticed a balanced approach of mentioning crypto pros and cons softens them. There is, of course, no reasoning with leftists.

As for the price direction, there is no obvious indicator of a bear market and it doesn't looks liked a completed crypto bull market.
Maybe I don't follow any right-leaning libertarians. I definitely haven't noticed much hostility toward crypto in the one Libertarian group I'm still on on social media, but I don't pay a lot of attention to them because I think of libertarians as well-meaning idealistic morons without much influence in the real world. Very different from leftists who are actively malevolent and have a lot of clout, so hence I think it's worthwhile to pay attention to them and try to understand their thought processes.

I have noticed the strange either/or stance that goldbugs often take about precious metals vs. crypto. Doesn't make much sense, but as you pointed out, they can often be talked out of it.

BURNΞR

Pelican

Here you have them disparaging crypto again. It's ironic because their government god is the cause of wealth inequality. Bonus points for being pro-surveillance lol. Fundementally these people believe everyone has to pay tax to fund their "free" everything so anything that conflicts with it results in REEEEEEEEEE!

I watch 3-4 different lefty channels (TyT, majority report, secular talk, Vaush) and none these ever talk about inflation or crypto AND if they do it is to call crypto fantasy money and inflation a myth. I can't even make this up. They will spend all their time about irrelevent culture war nonsense and fail to cover the most important topics.

JayR

Woodpecker
I did not see your question. I can assure you, I have zero affiliation with Bisq and just got started with crypto. Buying is the easy part, but building an anonymous infrastructure is the real hard part. If my government push me to go to the edge of my risk limit, there is no way in hell I am willing to share any info on my holdings with them either.

Are you in USA? How do you plan to handle taxes on your crypto transactions? I entered the market just this year and went to great lengths to make sure my initial stake and subsequent purchases were private/anonymous/untraceable. However, as tax-reporting time fast approaches, I'm going to need to make a decision soon as to whether or not to divulge to Uncle Sam that I own crypto (perhaps I just did?) and surrender some of my anonymity.

Coja Petrus Uscan

Crow
Orthodox Inquirer
Gold Member
Are you in USA? How do you plan to handle taxes on your crypto transactions? I entered the market just this year and went to great lengths to make sure my initial stake and subsequent purchases were private/anonymous/untraceable. However, as tax-reporting time fast approaches, I'm going to need to make a decision soon as to whether or not to divulge to Uncle Sam that I own crypto (perhaps I just did?) and surrender some of my anonymity.

Are you planning on leaving The US, or moving to Puerto Rico?

There´s another token lottery on Raydium AcceleRaytor in 1 hour (you can apply for another 24 hours).

Already got my tickets :D

Maybe a few smart ones are secretly holding a big stash and trying to throw the IRS off their trail haha

Jamal D

Robin
The short answer is. I have already paid taxes on the money I invest, and I am not willing to feed the beast that wants me dead.

I am digging myself out of the KYC hole, and plan for a Great Reset of my crypto investing.

BURNΞR

Pelican
Here is the inflation as a myth meme I talked about earlier:

Another inflation take. It has to do with Supply Chain, stupid!:

I know this is a crypto thread but it blows my mind that these people have some sort of hive mind and agree about reality in ways that make no sense.

BURNΞR

Pelican
I'm curious what do you guy's think of this flaw with Bitcoin?

EDIT: The Odysee link isn't working, so here's YouTube.

I've heard these critiques since 2017 when I first got into crypto.

1st critique is the 1mb block size, bad because limited transactions speed, expensive. That's the price of decentralization and if there is a solution in the future that everyone agrees on the miners can implement it. BTC has pivoted from internet cash to store of value. I don't care that I have to wait hours or even days to move my store of wealth. What I actually care about is money that cant be controlled by governments and goes up in value over time rather than going to zero. If all you care about using BTC to buy depreciating assets or coffee then there's lightning network, Venmo, PayPal or whatever company that will become its transacting layer do it for you. Most people do not spend bitcoin to purchase things in the West because of the capital gains tax that comes when you sell your btc for fiat or anything else.

2nd critique is about forks. Not a problem at all, the market determines what has value, as it should be, not something that is top-down enforced by authorities. If people in the future think Bitcoin Cash is a better thing to store value or pay with they can use it. I don't see the problem here.

3rd critique is about BTC's second layer Lightning Network. Bad because it's straying away from peer-to-peer cash which it was intended to be originally. As mentioned before, BTC has pivoted from digital cash to store of value. Nobody cares about how fast I can spend my money, banks already do this well enough with credit cards. What I care about is not having my wealth in the hands of other people at the central banks and government that eventually run away with it like we've seen in history in numerous countries. Lightning Network isn't Bitcoin so I don't take this as a serious criticism. There will be many companies that will attempt to build layers on top of Bitcoin to profit off it. They might accomplish it or not, doesn't matter to the store-of-value.

full disclosure: I'm not a Bitcoin maximalist.

Coja Petrus Uscan

Crow
Orthodox Inquirer
Gold Member
Already got my tickets :D

Thank for the reminder. Heads up would be welcome in future. It's easy to forget these things.

Raydium lending on Tulip (formerly SolFarm) has been good of late, typically about 80-90% APY.

I've given there leverage pools ago for several months, but it is a risk. The upside is you can pool with just one token and borrow the other. If you are in a bull market you can pool just USD and it's going to go up. Maybe more than holding. But if the coin booms you will be left behind.

You are best off leverage pooling two tokens that might have similar returns, e.g. RAY-SRM. By borrowing the one you think will perform worst you will increase your yield if you are correct.

I put some ALEPH-USD in several months ago. Aleph has gone up moderately in price, but I am left with an over 400% return.

I went into the Tulip-USD pool, but Tulip has gone up lots since I got in, so the returns are much less than holding.

Thank for the reminder. Heads up would be welcome in future. It's easy to forget these things.

Ok well to that end there is another one called TabTrader launching for which the pools open on 1st Dec @ 12:00 UTC

The 100 RAY 7-day staking deadline is Today @ 12:00 UTC

https://raydium.medium.com/tabtrader-is-launching-on-acceleraytor-bc570b6a9628

Nice to see on this one they've also added an additional category of tickets available for people who've been staking RAY for a minimum of 90 days.

Definitely worth trying to get involved in these. $GENE which launched last week would have cost $80 for 100 if you had a winning ticket and hit almost $3200 a day or two back. Unfortunately I didn't have a winning ticket but you since you get your money back anyway it's no loss.

-----

I've also been speculating on a few SOL meme coins and bought this one last week which did very well yesterday after being added to coinmarketcap/coingecko: https://www.coingecko.com/en/coins/solar-bear

Not sure on the criteria for picking these kind of coins but thought this one had a cool name :squintlol: