Crypto lounge thread

Cynllo

Sparrow
Other Christian
Does anybody have experience staking ETH or other cryptos? I plan on holding my ETH for at least a few more years, so I might as well stake it.

I haven't staked on the chain, but I have staked using third parties that then create a token, which can be exchanged. Not all, but some of the staked tokens have fallen in value. But it's an option. I will probably stake some when we put in a new obvious bottom.

Mikeyd03

Woodpecker
Does anybody have experience staking ETH or other cryptos? I plan on holding my ETH for at least a few more years, so I might as well stake it.
I have some staked on Coinbase as well as lido. I'll be honest i staked a good chunk of ETH and at times regret it because I see so many other opportunities that will yield me more than 4.5%.....that being said....the staking is much less risky than speculating on other projects. Hoping ETH 2.0 will quit dragging ass and release in 2022.

Knight.of.Logos

Woodpecker
Orthodox Catechumen
I haven't staked on the chain, but I have staked using third parties that then create a token, which can be exchanged. Not all, but some of the staked tokens have fallen in value. But it's an option. I will probably stake some when we put in a new obvious bottom.
Seems like a good option but I wonder if doing that would be a taxable event? If so I'd rather just stake ETH without converting it, even if I make less money.

fiasco360

Kingfisher
Orthodox
I'm staking ATLAS-RAY at the moment. I believe ATLAS will be a premier metaverse game. The discord is always filled with chatter, dev team provides consistent updates and appears to have heavy hitter backing. Not to mention it looks great.

I got into a bit of a meme coin that I'm staking as well called WOOF. Let's see what happens.

Bought STEP and SOL on the dips.

Mikeyd03

Woodpecker
asdf

Doh.

I was hoping we were finally heading somewhere in the general direction of the moon too. Seems like it would be about time, but here were are under 47k this morning :|
Need to get back above $50k and hold. Chop for now. And then there's always the very real possibility of being wrong....

That being said, anyone who has spent $1500 or more on gas fees is eligible for the gasdao airdrop. It's not much.....but it's something.....token has dumped 80% upon launching. Can check your eligibility at gasdao.org

Opensea needs to get off their behind and drop their token already.

Talus

Robin
Other Christian
Talus your not degen enough, $1500 is pocket change when your apeing into pool 2's. ohm forks, sos forks etc.
Something just clicked for me after re-reading your comment. Altcoins last cycle were all about unique projects trying to find niche market value. Altcoins this cycle are all about leverage and max profit yield. Perhaps a sign of the times.

BasedBaker

Robin
Trad Catholic
Something just clicked for me after re-reading your comment. Altcoins last cycle were all about unique projects trying to find niche market value. Altcoins this cycle are all about leverage and max profit yield. Perhaps a sign of the times.
In this theory which coin stands out to you the most?

Talus

Robin
Other Christian
In this theory which coin stands out to you the most?
Personally, GNT, Omisego, MOD token. Platforms that presented themselves as projects trying to create a viable product for the free market, and if they were successful, you would reap the rewards holding their token. But as kangaroo pointed out, they just got pumped and dumped and that's the end of that. This market, there is no mincing of words or objectives. It's all about yield returns. The altcoins sole purpose is to pump and dump now. No veil.

Ouroboros

Woodpecker
Invested in a shitcoin called 'unvaxxed seamen' (NwBTC). It was created by mods who were disenchanted by 'unvaxxed sperm' (initially a rug pull, now led by an incompetent poet with no marketing strategy or funds). I wouldn't be irresponsible enough to recommend anyone invest in a shitcoin with a controversial name, BUT this one is below $400,000 market cap right now and I believe it at least has a good chance of reaching the ath of unvaxxed sperm (11m), potentially higher.

fokm

Woodpecker
Other Christian
Gold Member
Crypto airdrops in 2022 are going to make 2021 look like peanuts. Prepare accordingly.
Got any advice for those of us who aren't familiar with this? I've only been seeing you post about airdrops...

Are there certain wallets, platforms, cryptos I should be looking into?

I have recently begun staking IOTA that I purchased literally 4 years ago. I'm excited to see what the rewards for that hold.