Crypto lounge thread

The Beast1

Peacock
Orthodox Inquirer
Gold Member
Im trying to swap eth for it, but fees are $115 for a swap? Am I missing something here.
Unfortunately, that's the cost of operating on ETH lvl1. I purchase mine over the weekend in the off hours when it dips to 60$. You can set a custom gas fee which i've done and just waited for the transaction to complete.

Eventually they'll open up a mainnet which they'll allow you to convert the placeholder tokens for the mainnet tokens.
Ethereum is a trash network. Just like bitcoin, it needs to die so real projects with sensible fees can take off.

I like the project because of the big names attached to it. There's also some JP Morgan clearinghouse advisors. It's been hinted that this will be the platform that JPM uses for their crypto clearinghouse. Regardless, i'll suffer the gas fees because between that and the main use case of hosting content on the chain is enticing enough for me to throw some cash at it and hodl for a few years.

joost

Pelican
Unfortunately, that's the cost of operating on ETH lvl1. I purchase mine over the weekend in the off hours when it dips to 60$. You can set a custom gas fee which i've done and just waited for the transaction to complete.

Eventually they'll open up a mainnet which they'll allow you to convert the placeholder tokens for the mainnet tokens.
Ethereum is a trash network. Just like bitcoin, it needs to die so real projects with sensible fees can take off.

Bitcoin network was expensive at one time because Roger Ver and his friends were spamming the network to push their shitcoin (BCH).

You can transfer Bitcoin for 5sat/byte. That's a few cents per transfer. And you pay $60 ("half" of actual fee) to transact on ether and say Bitcoin should die?

All shitcoins push the idea that their shitcoin is somehow better than Bitcoin but none has the same liquidity nor the same scale being decentralized.

Ethereum should die because it's the mother of all shitcoins. They're enabling thousands of shitcoins (rug pull scams) to be created every month.

Remember that everybody makes money in a bull market. I made a lot of money with Bitcoin but being honest, it was pure luck.

Improve

Chicken
Whats your preferred method for buying/swapping? CEX/DEX? I've almost exclusively been using SOL ecosystem the past 6 months as ETH fees always made me scratch my head.

The message I send to someone else:
Easiest way:
Buy XLM somewhere kucoin/binance, transfer it to gate.io
Sell it for USDT on gate.io then buy metis with USDT
If you buy XLM and transfer it to gate, you save on gas fees as it's a free transfer. If you buy any ethereum token, you're paying gas fees.
USDT works on ethereum blockchain. If you buy it to transfer, you're paying gas fees.

Cynllo

Kingfisher
Other Christian
Should I keep hoovering up LINK? Every time it dips I buy some but am really starting to think it's a waste of time.

LINK was an early mover in 2020. Hopefully we can see a few more coins that have taken a bashing have a run.

It looks to me like this has bottomed and will ebb into another run up.

@Improve - I thought you were trolling with the Vatalik's mum stuff. But that coin does look like it could have a good run up to #50 or so. Oasis another that has been having a good time; and Osmosis. But Metis looks like it could have a very good run. IMO this space is all crowded and much of the wood will die over the coming years. Metis' main DeFi platform is having major growth - https://defillama.com/chain/Metis

It's on PCS - https://pancakeswap.finance/swap?in...cy=0xbb4cdb9cbd36b01bd1cbaebf2de08d9173bc095c

Improve

Chicken
@Improve - I thought you were trolling with the Vatalik's mum stuff. But that coin does look like it could have a good run up to #50 or so. Oasis another that has been having a good time; and Osmosis. But Metis looks like it could have a very good run. IMO this space is all crowded and much of the wood will die over the coming years. Metis' main DeFi platform is having major growth - https://defillama.com/chain/Metis

It's on PCS - https://pancakeswap.finance/swap?in...cy=0xbb4cdb9cbd36b01bd1cbaebf2de08d9173bc095c

Exactly, crypto space is crowded. That is why one needs to look at fundamentals of a project, the team and what the value is. Netswap (main DeFi/Swap platform on Metis chain) has achieved 200m TVL in less than 2 months of launching. Everything screams top 100/50 project.

Thanks, will be looking into Oasis and Osmosis.

fiasco360

Kingfisher
Orthodox
Easiest way:
If you buy XLM and transfer it to gate, you save on gas fees as it's a free transfer. If you buy any ethereum token, you're paying gas fees.
USDT works on ethereum blockchain. If you buy it to transfer, you're paying gas fees.
Gate IO is requiring KYC with pictures of passport/licenses. I have some remaining STEP on there I was never able to withdraw because of this. Just remembered this because I tried logging in and withdrawing.

LINK was an early mover in 2020. Hopefully we can see a few more coins that have taken a bashing have a run.

It looks to me like this has bottomed and will ebb into another run up.

How do I bridge it to the Metis mainnet if I buy it on Pancakeswap?

king bast

Kingfisher
Protestant
Easiest way:

I recently used the tron network to transfer USDT between exchanges - cost $1 usdt
Using the ethereum network to make that same transfer would have cost $25!

JoeChill

Kingfisher
Protestant
Gold Member
Usually, I receive my BAT rewards from using my Brave browser on the 8th of every month. I still haven't received my rewards and it's the 13th. Is anyone else experiencing this? Are they no longer depositing BAT into Uphold wallets?

fiasco360

Kingfisher
Orthodox
I got into the METIS/Nett farm but it wasn't cheap to get everything set up. Cheapest way I found was buying METIS on MEXC exchange and transferring it off to ETH Mainnet (metamask wallet) then using the METIS bridge and finally getting into Nett farm (had to swap METIS for some Nett.)

This still wasn't cheap to do. I also tried to just use my ETH -> Metamask Wallet -> Uniswap to METIS -> Transfer to Andromeda Wallet -> Swap to even out METIS/Nett and farm.

I spent hundreds of dollars just to do this. Along the way I ran into a whole host of issues of not leaving enough gas fees in my wallet and losing out money on failed transactions.

I don't see how ETH can survive this long term. You can literally buy SOL on any major exchange, use a SOL wallet and transfer whatever you want across the DEX platforms for pennies on the dollar.