Crypto lounge thread

Mikeyd03

Woodpecker
So google search trends are showing that "NFTs" have passed "crypto" in interest levels. Most of that interest is coming from Asian regions. Really interesting.

Also Rio De Janeiro allocating 1% to BTC. Max Keiser has been suggesting another country (outside of El Salvador) is going to adopt BTC as legal tender. At that point it's hard not to imagine game theory playing out.

bucky

Hummingbird
Other Christian
Was anyone else convinced that Solana was the next big thing when it was around 200 USD? Looking to find some company for my misery here.

BasedBaker

Robin
Trad Catholic
Anyone have any experience with TAXbit? Or any other recommendations for an app to calculate US taxes related to crypto?

Interesting I have not but will look at it. Thanks for sharing it.

DavidKnight

Pigeon
Catholic
Have not used TaxBit but I'm currently working with CoinTracker. What most impresses me is how it can assemble and calculate transactions for even the most obscure coins, such as alts you have to swap for on the Pancake service. It's free for 25 yearly transactions and then jumps up to a little above 50 bucks for 100.

bucky

Hummingbird
Other Christian
Interesting I have not but will look at it. Thanks for sharing it.

Have not used TaxBit but I'm currently working with CoinTracker. What most impresses me is how it can assemble and calculate transactions for even the most obscure coins, such as alts you have to swap for on the Pancake service. It's free for 25 yearly transactions and then jumps up to a little above 50 bucks for 100.
Thanks! Taxbit is 50 USD to use at their lowest tier, so I'll look into CoinTracker. I might be low enough on transactions to qualify for the free tier.

fiasco360

Kingfisher
Orthodox
Was anyone else convinced that Solana was the next big thing when it was around 200 USD? Looking to find some company for my misery here.
Yep. I was convinced we were going to see it worth at least 0.5 eth.

I think once the general market started its downturn - the VCs who initially invested took some profits off the table.

BasedBaker

Robin
Trad Catholic
What do you all think about investing in a BTC ATM? I'm starting to see more of them pop up. I have never once thought about buying any BTC there because I image the fees are outrageous, but with crypto being brought to the mainstream I could see normie easily wanting to go that route.

lonewolf1968

Kingfisher
Other Christian
What do you all think about investing in a BTC ATM? I'm starting to see more of them pop up. I have never once thought about buying any BTC there because I image the fees are outrageous, but with crypto being brought to the mainstream I could see normie easily wanting to go that route.
I'm a noob and this is only one out of the dozens of models to tell if you should buy or not, pretty much 101. On red you buy a lot and on blue you sell and run for the hills. Orange and Yellow are good buying opportunities. We're in Yellow right now. Best thing to do is DCA what you can afford to lose.

Capture.JPG

BasedBaker

Robin
Trad Catholic
I'm a noob and this is only one out of the dozens of models to tell if you should buy or not, pretty much 101. On red you buy a lot and on blue you sell and run for the hills. Orange and Yellow are good buying opportunities. We're in Yellow right now. Best thing to do is DCA what you can afford to lose.

View attachment 37226
I appreciate your response, but I was asking about a BTC Automated Teller Machine. But I could easily see how it could be misconstrued to buy BTC At The Moment haha.

fiasco360

Kingfisher
Orthodox

View attachment 37226
Those red dips are becoming smaller and smaller.

Wish I held the BTC I was mining in 2011.

cosine

Woodpecker
I appreciate your response, but I was asking about a BTC Automated Teller Machine. But I could easily see how it could be misconstrued to buy BTC At The Moment haha.
My money strategy:
1. Obtain cash-flowing assets, mostly real estate
2. Don't slack off or quit my job until #1 does really well
3. Buy some crypto, mostly BTC.

I have a little more than 1 whole BTC. Given that there's only 14.4 million or so actually in circulation, and Michael Saylor or Max Keiser each control a hundred thousand or more, my 1+ BTC should serve me well if it really becomes the future of money.

For me personally, I might as well just focus on steps 1&2.

Sure, BTC Automated Teller Machines could drive adoption, but I guess I don't personally see why I'd need one. If you can show me that they generate stable, predictable, reliable cash flow then that sounds great. But then it'd also be adding another step and complicating my life.

Why would you buy a BTC ATM over bitcoin, real estate, FAANG stocks, S&P 500?

LucasRutherford

Banned
Catholic
I agree, I also recently began to be interested in Solana. It strongly breaks the trends of other cryptocurrencies, and moves forward when others depreciate. In addition, they have the most promoted media project. Also, if you look at its chart, you can quite simply predict the growth of cryptocurrency further. I think it is worth taking a closer look at it even now, and it will be relevant, perhaps even for several years more. I have already earned from Solana a bit and now I want to get into [LINK REMOVED - MOD]. Reselling cryptocurrencies for a higher price is an additional source of income, and I always use this strategy, first invest in cryptocurrencies, make a profit, and then trade it.

Last edited by a moderator:

cosine

Woodpecker
If/when Russia invades Ukraine, I think the US stock market will drop a good bit. 10-30% over 2-5 days. No idea what will happen to crypto. I'm guessing short-term drop, but no long term impact.