Crypto lounge thread

Coja Petrus Uscan

Crow
Orthodox Inquirer
Gold Member
Do you suppose that happens in 2 months? 6?

I am looking at the MACD and RSI on the 1 week, as always. Very predictable indicator.

My hunch was that the fall to $33K would be a good mid-term entry, based on RSI.

The recent move up to about $48K looked like it may be a new protracted bull, but instantly bulled back to indecision.

The MACD looks like it's shaping up to really consolidate tightly at this $40K level.

People aren't sure if it's going up or down from here.

But when it does make a move, it should be quite big and protracted.

With that said. There has just been a tipple top on 1 week, suggesting it will go down more. But it's already looking like it wants a 4th.

kurtybro

Woodpecker
I can see 20K too, even though the activity in the space is now very bullish. It's obvious BTC is entering the stages comparable to the early internet - the early 90s. The Bitcoin Conference had a lot of high-key speakers.

I am holding until the next big movement up/down and will trade that direction.

Been meaning to ask you, since youre into analysis...

What do you suppose will happen when (if) the ETH 2.0 merge finally occurs? Do you think a majority of the mining power will migrate to other chains? if so, which ones look good? I'm looking at XMR/KDA/ETC/FLUX. It's hard to tease apart exactly how much of the ETH mining power is in ASIC vs GPU, which is a big deal. Does a chain immediately become more valuable if there's a sudden influx of new miners? Will we see chains get attacked by marauding mining pools?

Or perhaps it's all moot if the GPU hardware just gets dumped on the resale market for gaymers and other chains don't end up significantly impacted...

Coja Petrus Uscan

Crow
Orthodox Inquirer
Gold Member
Been meaning to ask you, since youre into analysis...

What do you suppose will happen when (if) the ETH 2.0 merge finally occurs? Do you think a majority of the mining power will migrate to other chains? if so, which ones look good? I'm looking at XMR/KDA/ETC/FLUX. It's hard to tease apart exactly how much of the ETH mining power is in ASIC vs GPU, which is a big deal. Does a chain immediately become more valuable if there's a sudden influx of new miners? Will we see chains get attacked by marauding mining pools?

Or perhaps it's all moot if the GPU hardware just gets dumped on the resale market for gaymers and other chains don't end up significantly impacted...

No specific insight, but if more people mine it, it is more demand and more people who are expecting to sell it higher.

I've noticed that Alexa ranks (that measure web traffic) for crypto projects is generally down. Solana is an exception. While traffic for exchanges has stayed stable.

One take-away from that is we are not getting many new entrants, while those who are in are maintaining their activity, which would suggest the price may have bottomed.

Coja Petrus Uscan

Crow
Orthodox Inquirer
Gold Member
I don't know if you're still bag-holding $CAKE @MrFreezy - they've just moved their staking over to a new model with different rates depending on term of your deposit, from flexible to one year. Should have dumped this along with other DeFi tokens last year. Anyway. The flexible rate is currently 18% (was about 63% yesterday). While the one year term is currently 384%. The latter will likely drop to 200-300%.

I've bitten the bullet and gone all in one the one year term within a few hours of opening. Expecting this to be a bumpy ride.

Screenshot from 2022-04-25 21-20-57.png

MrFreezy

Banned
Catholic
Thanks for the info. Yes still holding on to it. And yes should have gotten rid of it when it was 50 CAD a piece. I was stacking it on Binance for a while till Binance shut down Ontario users. Will check out Pancake Swap.
Glad to have you back buddy. Hopefully Russia and your financial situation didnt pull you down too hard!

Mikeyd03

Woodpecker
I am looking at the MACD and RSI on the 1 week, as always. Very predictable indicator.

My hunch was that the fall to $33K would be a good mid-term entry, based on RSI.

The recent move up to about $48K looked like it may be a new protracted bull, but instantly bulled back to indecision.

The MACD looks like it's shaping up to really consolidate tightly at this $40K level.

People aren't sure if it's going up or down from here.

But when it does make a move, it should be quite big and protracted.

With that said. There has just been a tipple top on 1 week, suggesting it will go down more. But it's already looking like it wants a 4th.
when most of crypto twitter is bearish....i get bullish

Mikeyd03

Woodpecker
if we should see a consolidation/bear phase over the next year imo it is the best time to start setting yourself up for the next cycle (don't get complacent):

>Continue researching (100x & 1000x opportunities exist)
>Continue experimenting (six figure airdrops will happen in the future)
>DeFi & NFTs are not going anywhere (don't sleep)
>Level up income outside of crypto

There is no reason anyone reading this should not be able to make life changing gains come next cycle....imo the key is to survive. It's the same reason people fail in any endeavor (they quit/don't stick it out). Sure.....there is the possibility of a future prolonged bear market, but I don't think we are close yet. Just some thoughts.....happy to be on this journey with my roosh bros.

BasedBaker

Robin
Trad Catholic
if we should see a consolidation/bear phase over the next year imo it is the best time to start setting yourself up for the next cycle (don't get complacent):

>Continue researching (100x & 1000x opportunities exist)
>Continue experimenting (six figure airdrops will happen in the future)
>DeFi & NFTs are not going anywhere (don't sleep)
>Level up income outside of crypto

There is no reason anyone reading this should not be able to make life changing gains come next cycle....imo the key is to survive. It's the same reason people fail in any endeavor (they quit/don't stick it out). Sure.....there is the possibility of a future prolonged bear market, but I don't think we are close yet. Just some thoughts.....happy to be on this journey with my roosh bros.
I agree with you that most people(myself included) want that instant gratification and quick gains. This is a great opportunity to practice patience for me as well.

Blade Runner

Hummingbird
Orthodox
I'm ready to pull the trigger again but am waiting, as a lot of the flows from USD/fiat may be on hold since the markets will be difficult due to tightening and even the dirtiest shirt will get money (bonds) since there is nowhere else to go for "risk free" assets.

Coja Petrus Uscan

Crow
Orthodox Inquirer
Gold Member
I'm ready to pull the trigger again but am waiting, as a lot of the flows from USD/fiat may be on hold since the markets will be difficult due to tightening and even the dirtiest shirt will get money (bonds) since there is nowhere else to go for "risk free" assets.

Still waiting for the next big move before that decision. Think it's going to weave closer between 38k and 42k, before breaking one way or the other.

Found this new farm on BSC. Offering 35%+ on USD. Untested, but will give it a try.

Coja Petrus Uscan

Crow
Orthodox Inquirer
Gold Member
The Central African Republic, one of the poorest countries in the world, has made BTC legal tender.

Just 191 other countries to fall.

Panama looks to be legitimising crypto.

Blade Runner

Hummingbird
Orthodox
So the markets are up after the suggestion that a large increase in rates won't occur and most of it had been priced in. What would cause a bounce or lower levels, now, for BTC? I don't see it.

Cynllo

Woodpecker
Other Christian
So the markets are up after the suggestion that a large increase in rates won't occur and most of it had been priced in. What would cause a bounce or lower levels, now, for BTC? I don't see it.

I don't think there will be a likely driver for the next move beyond the leanings of whale traders.

It looks like it's heading back up to around $43-44K.

Traders don't have much conviction. Just trading this tight range.

Eventually it will get so tight a whale(s) will make a big move one way or the other and it will start a new trend.

That's how I see it going down, absent of new news.

BURNΞR

Ostrich
Agnostic
Disclaimer: I'm not shilling coins to you

Has anyone looked in CKB (Nervos)? It's a UTXO POW chain platform that focuses on interoperability. I don't quite understand it myself but I think this has potential to 100x or go to 0. It's dumped down to "ICO" prices with the bear market so I'm thinking about it but other than reddit there is not much talk about it on /Biz. If you know anything about it let me know. This has been on my radar for a couple of weeks now but I have avoided doing a deep dive because of how busy I have been recently.