Crypto lounge thread

gework

Pelican
Gold Member
nola said:
Giacomo Casanova said:
Do you know if there is a way to short EOS? This evaluation is ridiculous...
Futures on Bitmex
You can also short in BitFinex. And right now the rates are close to zero. You borrow EOS, use it to buy dollars or something else, then when EOS goes down, you can buy back EOS cheaper and pay back the EOS loan plus the currently meager interest. If I remember correctly you can borrow 3.3X to start with and then bunk it up to 5X.

gework

Pelican
Gold Member
The one day view looks really bad to me. Cashed out 95%. Though I think we could see it pop up to about $12K soon I think we're heading down in general on the year.

asdfk

Kingfisher
Can anybody recommend a good tutorial / course on crypto day trading? I want to have a fundamental understanding of trading and markets.

sonoran_

Kingfisher
Gold Member
Couple days ago I was mentally and psychologically get sick of all the charting ive been doing, so I just yolo'd for the 1st time a cross margin long on ADA. To give you perspective, I usually do a 2x leverage.

Today I just got liquidated for the 1st time. I lost my entire bitmex account and although it wasnt much in value, it was a sizable amount for me.

The weird part is that I dont feel any emotions to losing this money.

Lesson is: dont trade when emotional.

M3B

Ostrich
Gold Member
The other lesson is: don't gamble when margin trading

An alternative lesson: always use a stop loss

sonoran_

Kingfisher
Gold Member
Yea, was just completely reckless of me and it was done out of frustration.

^^ margin can be done long or short

redbeard

Hummingbird
Matt3B said:
The other lesson is: don't gamble when margin trading

An alternative lesson: always use a stop loss
You bet your sweet ass I'm going 100x long next time we're parabolic.

Kentemo

Robin
Gold Member
Try to get a feel for shorting/longing BTC first. Don't immediately start with margin trading and leverage if you don't know what to do.
Try to be disciplined too, every trade should be a small percentage of your overall portfolio. When you feel confident you can take on higher positions. BTC isn't going anywhere.

Kentemo

Robin
Gold Member
Sidney Crosby said:
Do you guys really think that Warren Buffett has that much influence? I would have thought that a lot of people would see him as an old goof that doesn't understand technology.
I do listen to him, just not when he talks about crypto. Buffett hasn't been big on technology in the first place.
Also his portfolio consists mainly out of major US banks, so he might have a conflict of interest against it.
I agree with the following interview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAvYvyj37UU

Funny to hear what he says next, but I wouldn't give his opinion any second thoughts regarding crypto.
(I know a lot of people agree with me, but I guess there will still be a lot of FUD from these kind of articles regardless).

I think the older people do take his words with more influence. A lot of the 35-40+ crowd still see crypto as very risky, speculative, and scammy. A guy like Buffet making the same remarks gives them reassurance to stay out. If Buffetts tune changed to 'invest in cryptocurrency' a lot of those guys would revaluate their opinions and look into the idea as well.

Vincent Chase

Kingfisher
Gold Member
gework said:
Does anyone know any web/desktop (Linux) coin trackers that allow you to set alarms for percentage changes in a coin that they import from exchange accounts and wallets?

I use BitUniverse for mobile that does this. But I prefer to keep it switched off in the day to not get distracted.

Recently I bought into Decentraland, Kyber, Gifto and Golem and they all had big pumps that I would have sold out on, but I only caught one of them near it's peak, Kyber, which I cashed in today.
Delta has the application also for Linux. You could just use that. I'm not sure how good the import functions are, for the stuff I used like Coinigy they work pretty shit.

Overall best to build your own Excel spreadsheet with live prices, customise as you wish and build in any bells and whistles you need.

True Balla said:
I think the older people do take his words with more influence. A lot of the 35-40+ crowd still see crypto as very risky, speculative, and scammy. A guy like Buffet making the same remarks gives them reassurance to stay out. If Buffetts tune changed to 'invest in cryptocurrency' a lot of those guys would revaluate their opinions and look into the idea as well.
I'm 35 and I think it's risky NOT being in crypto. Of course, there a lot of guys who can't stand the volatility but overall the price of Bitcoin has gotten the attention of investors in the 35+ crowd. With nothing but terrible investment vehicles, many are looking for something that will give them riches