Crypto lounge thread

BasedBaker

Robin
Trad Catholic
Disclaimer: I'm not shilling coins to you

Has anyone looked in CKB (Nervos)? It's a UTXO POW chain platform that focuses on interoperability. I don't quite understand it myself but I think this has potential to 100x or go to 0. It's dumped down to "ICO" prices with the bear market so I'm thinking about it but other than reddit there is not much talk about it on /Biz. If you know anything about it let me know. This has been on my radar for a couple of weeks now but I have avoided doing a deep dive because of how busy I have been recently.
I just bought a few bucks worth to see what happens.

Blade Runner

Hummingbird
Orthodox
I don't think there will be a likely driver for the next move beyond the leanings of whale traders.

It looks like it's heading back up to around $43-44K.

Traders don't have much conviction. Just trading this tight range.

Eventually it will get so tight a whale(s) will make a big move one way or the other and it will start a new trend.

That's how I see it going down, absent of new news.
Looks like we are going for new lows ... I don't mind though.

cosine

Woodpecker
Any good low cap alts that recently got crushed? Always interested in something far out on the risk curve....
I personally think LUNA from the Terra blockchain is a great idea, and it's been cut dramatically.

They still have the funding to give lots of grants to developers, and I like what they are doing with UST and buying tons of bitcoin.

Ultimately, since bitcoin is their strategy to back their UST stablecoin, it suggests that bitcoin is the real asset. You could just buy more bitcoin at these prices.

Parmesan

Kingfisher
Other Christian
Equities, gold, crypto, all heading downward recently. I'm not liking this trend. It looks to me like dumb money is on its way out of crypto and every other bubble. Could be nice prolonged buying opportunity for established coins. Though admittedly, I was getting rather comfortable seeing my gains the last 2 years.

Cynllo

Woodpecker
Other Christian
I personally think LUNA from the Terra blockchain is a great idea, and it's been cut dramatically.

They still have the funding to give lots of grants to developers, and I like what they are doing with UST and buying tons of bitcoin.

Ultimately, since bitcoin is their strategy to back their UST stablecoin, it suggests that bitcoin is the real asset. You could just buy more bitcoin at these prices.

UST is trading at $0.93. Not sure what's going on.

I would not be buying alts now. Buy them when they are down 99%.

kurtybro

Woodpecker

Yes bitcoin is always a go, but with the volatile depegging it'd be wise to stay away from UST.

Im thinking <10 M MCAP longshots are worth investigating...too many out there though.

Parmesan

Kingfisher
Other Christian
Looks like we are going for new lows ... I don't mind though.
I started monthly auto buying in Sep of 2019, nearly the double dip bottom of the bear market as I recall. I had got a new job and could have easily afforded 2/3 times more, still regretting that. I'm not much of an alts guy, but the upside for bitcoin/crypto as a replacement currency and financial backend is still very strong. This could be another great buying opportunity for those possibly willing to wait a few years to see big gains again. Not sure how crypto will fare in a true recession/depression, I think a lot of liquidity from speculators will dry up. On the other hand, there could be real demand from people seeking safe haven from collapsing currencies.