Crypto lounge thread

Invested in an altcoin trading app, accidently. All I had on my mind was bitcoin.

What's the go to move here? The amount is not much actually.

Their tagline for trading:

"Trade in 250+ Altcoins with upto 6x leverage with massive liquidity from world’s leading exchanges."

They also claim $100 million insurance from BitGo.

JayJuanGee

Crow
Gold Member
Will be investing more into bitcoin probably within the first few days of July. Just a hunch this time.

Would've accepted loss last night if hadn't uninstalled the trading app hahah.
Of course, with bitcoin if you can establish some kind of meaningful target for yourself in terms of what percentage of your assets that you want to have in bitcoin, then dollar cost averaging, buying on dips and HODL seem to be a great combination, once you reach your target.

Trading tends to be a bit more advanced, and hopefully guys are not trading too much of their BTC holdings based on short term hunches that might end up getting them screwed if they are playing around too much.

I surmise that you are waiting until July because you have some kind of short term BTC price prediction theory? rather than just having some cashflow coming in at that time?

I have seen a lot of attempts at BTC technical analysis that just do not necessarily come out very good unless they largely take into account longer term BTC price prediction models such as the most current prevalent ones: 1) stock to flow, 2) 4-year fractal and 3) s-curve exponential growth based on metcalfe and networking principles.

Leads

Robin
Anyone care to chime in regarding Travala (AVA). I keep hearing its going to spike and is currently like 30 cents. I am cheap as ballz and refuse to even look at stocks above one dollar. I want massive gains and zero risk....

JayJuanGee

Crow
Gold Member
Anyone care to chime in regarding Travala (AVA). I keep hearing its going to spike and is currently like 30 cents. I am cheap as ballz and refuse to even look at stocks above one dollar. I want massive gains and zero risk....
Massive gains and zero risk seem like a difficult thing to achieve, but what is your timeline?

If you are thinking about get rich-quick, then that is a kind of gambling, and sure it could happen, but it tends to involve a decent amount of risk, yet if you have ways to calculate the risks and manage the risks, you could still end up achieving your various goals - even though the more solid approach would be to try to get rich more slowly and to insure that you are continuously building your principle.

By the way, some investments might appreciate in a few weeks, and others could end up taking years to play out, so there is that kind of fundamentals calculation, too, in terms of trying to understand what you are investing in.

I don't know about the specific shitcoin that you list, so not really sure about if it has much if any fundamentals or more likely pumpamentals that you seem to be attempting to verify if they exist in that particular project.

Leads

Robin
I didn't even know AVA is an actual coin. Check the youtuber Clear Value Tax, who made 100k from it already. This guy is pretty legit and convinced me to sign up for Webull but the crypto world does seem full of shitcoins. Stockmarket in general feels like gambling but a good 10k windfall would be nice. As far as timeline, I think a year or two is good

Leads

Robin
Boom. and just like that, Expedia partners with Travala. Its still like 36 cents so now I just need to find how to buy it. Cant do it in webull

JayJuanGee

Crow
Gold Member
Boom. and just like that, Expedia partners with Travala. Its still like 36 cents so now I just need to find how to buy it. Cant do it in webull
Sure, with shitcoins, it is good to figure out how to get in and also how to get out.

Maybe if you are not already in, and if you have not figured out those two issues (how to get in and how to get out), you still might be able to profit from a pumpening, if there is an ongoing pumpening, or you might end up buying at the top, after the shitcoin has already experienced its pumpening. Of course, if you know how to get in and how to get out, you might want to explain that to other guys, but surely, some guys might be o.k. with finding out how to get in, without really working out the details regarding how to get out.... still exciting.. but maybe does not end up resulting in actual get rich quick, rather than get rich on paper quick. :D:D;)

Bumping this thread, as it has been a while. BTC seems to be on a pretty good run as of the last few weeks.

Just curious as to what you gents think of XLM, XRP and ADA? While 90% of my crypto sits in BTC, I'd like to consider some other options as well to diversify a bit better, and have more potential for growth relative to what BTC has been this last year. Investing ideas? Let's hear them. Thanks!

gework

Ostrich
Gold Member
Bumping this thread, as it has been a while. BTC seems to be on a pretty good run as of the last few weeks.

Just curious as to what you gents think of XLM, XRP and ADA? While 90% of my crypto sits in BTC, I'd like to consider some other options as well to diversify a bit better, and have more potential for growth relative to what BTC has been this last year. Investing ideas? Let's hear them. Thanks!
One thing I think it's worth looking at is the list of coins down from all time highs:

https://www.coingecko.com/en?view=all_time_high

On that list EOS and XLM are quite high.

BTC has just opened up from tight Bollinger squeezes on 1d and 3d. I am taking this as bullish over the next month - or 3. I was negative due to the virus situation, though I see stimulus is coming in again.

BTC and ETH moreso have just had good rallies. These are typically followed by some deflation into alts.

So I bought a bunch of EOS the night before, or maybe two days ago. XLM is another I am considering, simply as it's activity is quite good and it's down heavily from all time highs.

Some others I am looking at are:

* I will give with my estimation for short-term gains if lucky enough to get a pump.

BAT - this is one of the most stable coins, and I feel, most undervalued given it's one of the few coins with a real economy. It's never had a heavy pump and moves up and down a lot slower than others. Gains: 1X, maybe 2 at a push.

BitTorrent - This had a major pump before falling heavily. Again another coin with good activity and you can earn money with it from the increasingly popular DLive platform. I feel it deserves another pump. Gains: 2-3X.

Status and Enjin - two with good activity, both have fallen after large recent pups. I am reluctant to buy back into these at the moment. Gains: 1-2X.

Though I am more a fan of buying micro caps that have good footprint, but have managed to fly under the radar.

MYST - decentralised VPN, working beta (good), excellent team and backing. The project is going live in September. Down from market cap of about $80-100. Currently about $2.5M. I bought in at $1m. I think this has potential to do me 100X.

PRE - decenentralised search engine, working product and one of the most visited crypto sites, advised by Ethereum co-founder, has flown under the radar. Good project. Their weakness it marketing/outreach. I bought in when the market cap was $250K ($1,000). It was about $2.5M yesterday and is now about $4.5M. Currently up 20X, think it very likely to hit 100X.

Cred (LBA) - lending platform integrated with Uphold. Gains: 1-3X.

I recently bought another someone posted above, Travala.com (AVA). I bought at $0.33. It was at $0.08 not long before that. Got bought up by Binance. Is a crypto booking platform. I have used it. Today it was up to about $2. Now it's $1.36. I wouldn't buy now, but it's one I'd buy later and sit on.

I also like LBC, but hoping to buy in a bit cheaper. A number of other I am interested in, but those are some top picks.

Thank you gework for the solid insights.

I'm based in California right now. What is the best U.S. exchange that is open to California residents to fund via ACH, debit or credit cards that you can purchase XLM, XRP, BTC, ADA, etc? I've been using CoinBase Pro, but they don't have all the coins I wish to open positions on. Any pointers as to what exchanges to consider? Thank you.

gework

Ostrich
Gold Member
Thank you gework for the solid insights.

I'm based in California right now. What is the best U.S. exchange that is open to California residents to fund via ACH, debit or credit cards that you can purchase XLM, XRP, BTC, ADA, etc? I've been using CoinBase Pro, but they don't have all the coins I wish to open positions on. Any pointers as to what exchanges to consider? Thank you.
I use Crypto.com. I think that works in the US and is KYC light for non-US at least. They also have a very good debit card program. Issue is you need to take note of the buy price. The markets are thin for alts and you can end up paying a premium. The reason I use it is because they have 0% fees on card purchases until the end of September; and I can only move money there by card.

I think BitRex is based in The US and Binnance has a US site.

I just bought a few more based on these ones not having much upwards price movement in the last month and not having recent large pumps:

Cosmos
Chainlink
AlgoRand
BAT
Icon
MCO

You can loan them all out on flexible terms on Crypto.com, for 2, 2, 2.5, 2, 10 and 4% p.a. respectively.

EOS and XLM had made too much of a move up for me to want to buy more.

ETH is pushing towards $400.

Last edited:
Whatever altcoin you buy remember to put in a stop loss just above where you bought in. This will prevent you from getting rekt when bitcoin moves up to 14k and eventually 20k. When bitcoin goes up, alts get hammered sometimes really badly they get washed away. If if you hold long enough your altcoin may recover but it is a gamble and will cause you a lot of anxiety.

Many of you think this is common knowledge but even I forgot about it not having touched exchanges in ages.

JohnKreese

Pelican
I use Crypto.com. I think that works in the US and is KYC light for non-US at least. They also have a very good debit card program. Issue is you need to take note of the buy price. The markets are thin for alts and you can end up paying a premium. The reason I use it is because they have 0% fees on card purchases until the end of September; and I can only move money there by card.

I think BitRex is based in The US and Binnance has a US site.

I just bought a few more based on these ones not having much upwards price movement in the last month and not having recent large pumps:

Cosmos
Chainlink
AlgoRand
BAT
Icon
MCO

You can loan them all out on flexible terms on Crypto.com, for 2, 2, 2.5, 2, 10 and 4% p.a. respectively.

EOS and XLM had made too much of a move up for me to want to buy more.

ETH is pushing towards $400.
Could cross-reference this in one of the travel points/credit card threads. I just got approved for 5 new cards and need to do some manufactured spending. The 0% fee promotion is the perfect opportunity.