Crypto lounge thread

Coja Petrus Uscan

Hummingbird
Gold Member
By just submitting name and national ID number, not the copy of the document - I assume you meant non-US ones?
Anything that works with US citizens will require ID copy... at least it used to be so.
Any experience opening business crypto account recently - what kyc do they require (US)?

Not sure. Bilaxy exchange asks for your name and ID number to be able to transact $210,000 per day. It doesn't ask what country that ID is from. Quite likely US IPs are blocked.

I am going to try for a business account for crypto, but I expect it to be a paper heavy process. Though you can setup a business account with Advcash in 24 hours. You can buy crypto there, but we already established they block US IPs. I also think its a Russian operation.

RedPillUK

Pelican
A family member wanted help to start DCAing into crypto, so I called her up and started explaining everything, but Coinbase fees are insane. She is only putting in some really small amounts to get started, but the fees to do that weren't worth it at all, so I moved her onto coinbase pro, and showed her how to do a limit order, then it wouldn't verify her bank account etc, etc.

Eventually I just gave up and told her to move to the exchange I'm using, Bitpanda,, that way the fees are lower (still not low enough to trade regularly but ok for longer term investments). It has it's own token BEST for saving money on trading fees, (like Binance and BNB), it has about the same amount of cryptocurrencies as coinbase, and you can also invest in a crypto index, that splits your money between the top 25 cryptocurrencies, which is automatically rebalanced each month. Last month it was up about 88%.

I much prefer putting my money in that than a random altcoin, as its much less volatile but still makes huge gains. It seems to go up 3-5% a day recently and when BTC drops it tends to stay steady or drop about 1-2%. All the losses are counteracted by huge gains in the other coins. It's not going to make the most money in this market but it's much less stressful than putting all your money on a few extremely volatile shitcoins, which drop 30% when bitcoin drops by 5%. And anyway 88% in a month is still incredible and outperforming both BTC and ETH.

Anyway, she signed up and got verified a few hours later, and she's happy now. So, if you have a residence in Europe, stop using Coinbase and check out BitPanda. If it's ok with Roosh I'll share my affiliate link here, if you use it we both get a 10 euro bonus.

mgill0600

Pigeon
A family member wanted help to start DCAing into crypto, so I called her up and started explaining everything, but Coinbase fees are insane. She is only putting in some really small amounts to get started, but the fees to do that weren't worth it at all, so I moved her onto coinbase pro, and showed her how to do a limit order, then it wouldn't verify her bank account etc, etc.

Eventually I just gave up and told her to move to the exchange I'm using, Bitpanda,, that way the fees are lower (still not low enough to trade regularly but ok for longer term investments). It has it's own token BEST for saving money on trading fees, (like Binance and BNB), it has about the same amount of cryptocurrencies as coinbase, and you can also invest in a crypto index, that splits your money between the top 25 cryptocurrencies, which is automatically rebalanced each month. Last month it was up about 88%.

I much prefer putting my money in that than a random altcoin, as its much less volatile but still makes huge gains. It seems to go up 3-5% a day recently and when BTC drops it tends to stay steady or drop about 1-2%. All the losses are counteracted by huge gains in the other coins. It's not going to make the most money in this market but it's much less stressful than putting all your money on a few extremely volatile shitcoins, which drop 30% when bitcoin drops by 5%. And anyway 88% in a month is still incredible and outperforming both BTC and ETH.

Anyway, she signed up and got verified a few hours later, and she's happy now. So, if you have a residence in Europe, stop using Coinbase and check out BitPanda. If it's ok with Roosh I'll share my affiliate link here, if you use it we both get a 10 euro bonus.

Yes the coinbase fees are ridiculous, however you can get a coinbase PRO account but have to provide photo ID. This is what I did and the fees are much lower using the coinbase PRO app.

aynrus

Kingfisher
Not sure. Bilaxy exchange asks for your name and ID number to be able to transact $210,000 per day. It doesn't ask what country that ID is from. Quite likely US IPs are blocked.

I am going to try for a business account for crypto, but I expect it to be a paper heavy process. Though you can setup a business account with Advcash in 24 hours. You can buy crypto there, but we already established they block US IPs. I also think its a Russian operation.
Yes, Bilaxy officially doesn't work with US people. Anyway they probably can tell by ID number if it's a US one. Same about Advcash, no US persons. Anyone who works with US asks for copy of ID + selfie, seems like.

BasedBaker

Pigeon
I enjoy CoinMetro. You can access it in the States with the exceptions of NY, WA and HI. Not a ton of volume or coins, but the coins they have are quality projects. Very new exchange but a great team and something I think will only get better as time goes on. CEO seems to be pretty based, from what I can tell.

Penitent

Pigeon
Are there any professional advisors that give advice such as when to buy and sell different crypto assets? I can learn a lot reading the news, listening to podcasts, watching youtube, and gleaning from this forum but since there is so much money to be made in crypto I wonder if it wouldn't be a good investment to subscribe to some service or other.

Deepdiver

Crow
Gold Member
WOW 6000 point BTC run to a new ATH 56,370

So much for selling my BTC for a major 5th Wave top turn

It turned to 50,725 then rocketed up today!

Pancake Swap (Cake) on the Binance Blockchain surged from 60 cents in January to $19.14 today - go figure.

1613776410502.png

Last edited:

lonewolf1968

Woodpecker
Are there any professional advisors that give advice such as when to buy and sell different crypto assets? I can learn a lot reading the news, listening to podcasts, watching youtube, and gleaning from this forum but since there is so much money to be made in crypto I wonder if it wouldn't be a good investment to subscribe to some service or other.
There is this guy I found on Youtube called Benjamin Cowen who seems to have solid analysis and no BS. He has a premium service and newsletter for updates and that sort of thing, not too expensive. However, I don't pay for that, by only plunging into the space and the community you'll know what coins are crap and will learn eventually. For instance, I bought ada at 0.12 and got rid of XRP shortly after the SEC filing. I think no need to pay huge amounts for Premium service unless you're looking for alts with 100x potential. Still even Ivan on tech has been speaking about BNB, Matic, polkastarter, Uniswap and other coins daily for around a year at no charge and those are coins that have done x10 or more.

Coja Petrus Uscan

Hummingbird
Gold Member
Who is the schmuck who recommended 1Inch? Total disaster! Buy HBAR! Still happy with BTC and CAKE!

Guilty.

Though I also recommended CAKE (not here) and Venus.

XVS is the next buy.

Which are up over 1,000%.

Ahead of the market every day, except the Valentine's Day massacre, this month.

I don't post my specific orders here, but I placed equal bets in 1Inch, Cake and Venus as my top choices. 1Inch and Curve are still lagging on TLV to market cap, which is probably the best single metric you can make buys on. Badger is another undervalued on this metric. Most of the top projects are more than their TLV, while 1Inch is 20%; Curve is 10% and Badger 5%.

The DeFi gold rush (Aug-Feb) is over. It's going to be very hard to pick new movers and in terms of ETH, the gas prices are too high for most people now, which will be good for CAKE. My best bet for another 10X move for DeFi is Swerve (up 4X from the above post). This is in FTX's DeFi basket and has been since it was a single-digit million cap coin - seems all the other are $200M+ - many now in billions; it's listed but not tradeable on Crypto.com when they only list the top 200 coins; it's on Binance; and trades with large volume.

tomzestatlu

Kingfisher
Guilty.

Though I also recommended CAKE (not here) and Venus.

Which are up over 1,000%.

Ahead of the market every day, except the Valentine's Day massacre, this month.

I don't post my specific orders here, but I placed equal bets in 1Inch, Cake and Venus as my top choices. 1Inch and Curve are still lagging on TLV to market cap, which is probably the best single metric you can make buys on. Badger is another undervalued on this metric. Most of the top projects are more than their TLV, while 1Inch is 20%; Curve is 10% and Badger 5%.

The DeFi gold rush (Aug-Feb) is over. It's going to be very hard to pick new movers and in terms of ETH, the gas prices are too high for most people now, which will be good for CAKE. My best bet for another 10X move for DeFi is Swerve (up 4X from the above post). This is in FTX's DeFi basket and has been since it was a single-digit million cap coin - seems all the other are $200M+ - many now in billions; it's listed but not tradeable on Crypto.com when they only list the top 200 coins; it's on Binance; and trades with large volume.
So you think potential for 1inch is over, because of the gas prices?

I have got only some small money on exchange willing to take a risk for hundreds % profit. So I appreciate your advices.
I could sell 1inch with no significant lose now and trade it for something more promising. But I myself have no idea.

Coja Petrus Uscan

Hummingbird
Gold Member
So you think potential for 1inch is over, because of the gas prices?

I have got only some small money on exchange willing to take a risk for hundreds % profit. So I appreciate your advices.
I could sell 1inch with no significant lose now and trade it for something more promising. But I myself have no idea.

I think ETH, TVL in DeFi and gas prices will all continue to go up; along with DeFi tokens. The cost to unlock is now probably too high for a very significant portion of people who have deposited in DeFi. But there is a setup for ETH to be seriously challenged. Bitcoin has failed at what it was often initially described as - internet money; and ETH has currently failed as a protocol for decentralised applications. With the rise of CAKE and Binance Coin; with Binance Chain's low fees and higher TPS, Binance looks like the best placed to challenge. I think TRX and EOS have already failed in that challenge.

I am keeping 1Inch and other DeFi tokens that have not moved much. You never know what will happen. For example, I was recently considering selling a few tokens that have been very sluggish over the last year, specifically BAT ant BitTorrent. A few days later they began moving up and are now up about 150% and 350% from where they were when I was thinking of selling.

There is never that much logic in which projects that get pumped. I am going to hold everything I've got for now; and then sell everything when we get a lot of sell signals:

- 1W MACD turning down with 1W RSI turning down - https://cryptowat.ch/charts/KRAKEN:BTC-USD?period=1w_Monday
- decline in exchange traffic: https://siterankdata.com/binance.com * you can't see it here because at the time the rank was calculated on a three month average, but traffic turned down around the day of the crash
- Bitcoin search volume : https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=today 5-y&geo=US&q=bitcoin
- Tweet volume : https://bitinfocharts.com/comparison/bitcoin-tweets.html
- Reddit stats: https://subredditstats.com/r/bitcoin

I don't have any specific conviction for holding. I am just looking for things that look like they can go up, then I'm selling everything. I don't think we're anywhere near that point yet. Right now I can't see any obvious buys. Suggestions welcome. Over the last few months there were obvious gifts with DeFi, as was there obvious gifts in 2017 with ETH competitors.

Last edited:

Deepdiver

Crow
Gold Member
My Dark Webinaut researcher just sent me PBR's BITS Monthly Feb 2021 Report with the BITS process and several dozen reccs by crypto category....

Shoot me a protonmail adx for a copy

Deepdiver

Crow
Gold Member
One of the Sell Signals I use is price run up measured in X times buy price and CMC Total Coin Market Cap ranking...

I bought ADA because I really liked the Tech Fundamentals story (Multiple PhDs with Multiple Peer-Reviewed Papers including Peer-Reviewed Quantum Computing Resistant Cryptography - fascinated me) - much more educated team than Ethereum and EOS combined with no punk assed crypto kiddies (EOS we will kill Eth and ADA) unprofessional attitudes.

So when Cardano (ADA) bottomed at 3 Cents a year or so ago I threw some Beer/Cigars money at it and Stellar which was the only crypto Jim Rickards reccd due to his IBM relationship as a favorite IBM project.

I got locked out of trading on Binance.com as a US Citizen and I ignored the cryptos in my acct there - Then I noticed Stellar at 25 cents and ADA at 99 cents - that was 10X and 33X times my buy price... So I phooked around with Binance.com and though I could not trade any more I was finally able to actually withdraw to my Kucoin ADA and Stellar wallet adxs - I noticed I had some crud cryptos (5,000 TEL etc) and dust on Kucoin that I was able to trade at no cost to KCS and then I bought BTC with 75% of my ADA, all of My Stellar and All of my crud coins/dust via KCS.

The decision to sell Stellar was simple - same lead dev as Ripple and likely to be next to be sued for $1.5B like the SEC did targeting ripple.

Cardano was sold based upon my simple consideration of Price move times Market Cap - phreaking ADA was up 33X times my buy in at 3 cents to 99 cents and the CMC Market Cap ranking is now 5th... at $36B market cap - has ADA proven to be a market share threat to Ethereum dominance of DeFi yet - NO its just starting to be adopted as a better tech alternative to Eth and ETH has the advantage of Metcalfes Law of Major Networks growth in value - the bigger the network the value grows exponentially - ADA is behind Eth on Network adoption value - so is ADA going to 33X again from its 3 cents crash low in 2018/19 - it may pop another 1X but 33X requires another major Crypto crash...

Then there is the Crypto OG Wisdom that Alts no matter what their fundamental buzz and story - Alts only have one purpose - to generate 10X to 100X returns to allow more accumulation of Bitcoin (and some Bitcoin Cash) for the long term.

HTH

Deepdiver

Crow
Gold Member

Weiss Crypto Ratings have a logical rating system
Top Coins by Adoption
Top Coins by Technology
Top Coins by Market Momentum
Top Coins by Investment Risk

Then there is the PBR BITS methodology...

Example REN

B.I.T.S. is designed to automatically alert us to ideas when investor sentiment is low. We
call this buying at the bottom of the fear curve. You can read how the system works here.

B (Business Value Ratio): The business value ratio measures the daily dollar value of
all transactions compared to the total value of the cryptocurrency. When the business
value ratio dips below its average (red line), it’s a sign the crypto token is cheap.
As you can see from the chart above, REN just dipped back into value territory.

I (Insiders): Ren is a protocol with a who’s-who list of crypto companies and investors
involved in its success.
At the start, Ren got its backing from Polychain Capital, Huobi Capital, FBG Capital, and
several more. These parties are heavily involved in the space and can help guide the team
along the path to success.
There’s also the Ren Alliance and its 60-plus members. These include top DeFi projects
like Aave (AAVE), Yearn.finance (YFI), Curve (CRV), Maker (MKR), Quantum Labs, and
more. And recently, Ren partnered up with Alameda Research. It manages over $100 million in
digital assets and trades up to $1.5 billion per day across thousands of products. It’s
exactly the kind of entity you want to be helping move the needle on your project.
Ren will now work closely with Alameda to add support for Solana and begin bringing
assets to and from the network in Q2 2021. This catalyst should launch Ren higher.

T (Technicals): We use technical analysis to tell us when the selling is over. The Relative
Strength Index (RSI) measures how strong a cryptocurrency is based on its previous
trading history. If today’s price is higher, the RSI moves up. If today’s price is lower, the
RSI moves down. REN’s relative strength index value is firmly above the midline, indicating the bulls are in
charge.

S (Social Media): Our research has shown that before a cryptocurrency takes off, we
usually see a surge in “chatter” on our social media tracker. Ren saw a spike in social media
activity late last year as the entire market was being swept
away in the first charge of this bull market. This brought a surge of interest to Ren. Since
then, the social media indicator has calmed and formed a base over the last month.
Interest remains high, and we believe Ren is ready for its next surge.

Blade Runner

Pelican
I wouldn't trade BTC or even the altcoins, yet. What I'm wondering is what take you guys have on the alts that might do best with BTC moving into the 100k range. Ethereum? Cardano? What about privacy coins like BEAM? Monero?

I think BTC is the hodl of all hodls so for me, even though I see other coins fulfilling various roles, I look at them as trending investments or assets (speculations) that will do MUCH better than stocks for the foreseeable future. Thanks guys