Crypto lounge thread

bucky

Ostrich
I wouldn't trade BTC or even the altcoins, yet. What I'm wondering is what take you guys have on the alts that might do best with BTC moving into the 100k range. Ethereum? Cardano? What about privacy coins like BEAM? Monero?

I think BTC is the hodl of all hodls so for me, even though I see other coins fulfilling various roles, I look at them as trending investments or assets (speculations) that will do MUCH better than stocks for the foreseeable future. Thanks guys
There was a big story about Elon wanting to back Dogecoin bigtime a few days ago if he can get the whales that hodl most if it to relinquish a but and destroy some. So of course I spent the day daydreaming of the tiny amount I bought on a whim gaining 1% of the value of BTC and making me a millionaire while that still means something.

Hodl made me chuckle for some reason, but I'm such a newb at this that as far as I know maybe it's been a crypto in joke for years.

Deepdiver

Crow
Gold Member
When we selling all crypto Deepdiver?
Never sell all - just Trading on parabolic Runs Up into USDC to buy back in at the larger Wave Degree Corrections...

Just tested above the Major Waves 3 to 4 .786 Extension left and Due for the Larger Degree Primary Wave One that Comprises this entire Major 5 Wave into an ABC correction... for the Larger Degree Primary Wave 2...

This is the point where the action gets real interesting the Larger Primary Wave 2 retrace turns into the Primary 3 impulsing Extension up into lofty Max Kaiser $220K BTC Range. The right hand side Fib Retracement for Wave 5 now likely to correct to .618 $40K over the next week or two.

1613943207834.png

Blade Runner

Pelican
Precisely my prediction. Let's hope it does and then we snap more up.

In the future do you foresee yourself off ramping or just using the tech to move in and out of other cryptos and/or stablecoins? I'm talking 5-10 years down the line.

Never sell all - just Trading on parabolic Runs Up into USDC to buy back in at the larger Wave Degree Corrections...

Just tested above the Major Waves 3 to 4 .786 Extension left and Due for the Larger Degree Primary Wave One that Comprises this entire Major 5 Wave into an ABC correction... for the Larger Degree Primary Wave 2...

This is the point where the action gets real interesting the Larger Primary Wave 2 retrace turns into the Primary 3 impulsing Extension up into lofty Max Kaiser $220K BTC Range. The right hand side Fib Retracement for Wave 5 now likely to correct to .618 $40K over the next week or two.

View attachment 29276
At its 50 day line. Good call. I can only say this on this forum. But God impressed upon me to buy BTC when it was around $3K. I didn't get any. I realize that it would actually have meant more to my spiritual life if I got into a habit of doing what God wants. Won't make that mistake again.

Deepdiver

Crow
Gold Member
Precisely my prediction. Let's hope it does and then we snap more up.

In the future do you foresee yourself off ramping or just using the tech to move in and out of other cryptos and/or stablecoins? I'm talking 5-10 years down the line.
I will keep trading lower market cap hot alts to earn to keep accumulating BTC and BCH for the larger impulsing 3 and 5 wave runs up. I like Ren lots of buzz and still under 1.5B market cap. Maybe Cake if we get a .618 retrace off the parabolic spike high.

bucky

Ostrich
I assume most people here were around for the 2017-2018 crash. Is anything really different this time?
I'm a latecomer newb who only first purchased crypto a little over a week ago, but I'd say the stimulus checks in the US are the big difference. Trillions of USD created out of thin air, and trillions more to come. That's what convinced me to start buying crypto. I figure it can't do worse than USD at this point, and I'm basically just converting the "free" money the government sends me into BTC and some other coins, so I've nothing to lose. It's my understanding that that's largely what's driving the current surge.

I'm a latecomer newb who only first purchased crypto a little over a week ago, but I'd say the stimulus checks in the US are the big difference. Trillions of USD created out of thin air, and trillions more to come. That's what convinced me to start buying crypto. I figure it can't do worse than USD at this point, and I'm basically just converting the "free" money the government sends me into BTC and some other coins, so I've nothing to lose. It's my understanding that that's largely what's driving the current surge.
Can somebody please tell me via PM how they're getting their stimulus check? Do you get it after filing your taxes? I have a lot of money, mostly due to Bitcoin but I want to use them NEETbux to get more crypto. I'm late to the party but as far as I know I never got the $600 or the $1200.

Just my opinion bucky you're not late at all to crypto especially with DEFI. Putting money into crypto is shorting the dollar.

Sorry for the derail.

bucky

Ostrich
You have to stick your head out the window and shout "SHOW ME THE MONEY"

Then Joe Biden will ride his bike to your house with check in hand.
Indeed. I thought this was common knowledge.

Seriously though, to the guy who asked, there are lots of reasons you might not have gotten it. A quick Google...I mean duckduckgo since we're fascists...of "why didn't I get my stimulus check" will probably solve this for you. As for how you get it, the IRS deposits it to whatever account they used to deposit your last return, if they have an account for you on file. If not, I think they mail a physical check.

username

Ostrich
Gold Member
I assume most people here were around for the 2017-2018 crash. Is anything really different this time?

A few things off of the top of my head...

- I believe in 2017/2018 that was mostly driven by Chinese but right now seems like Americans are driving it up this time.

- With all the stimulus right now there is so much money floating around looking for a place to go. Almost every asset is way over previous all time highs.

- In 2017/2018 a big push of Bitcoin in North America was the acceptance of Bitcoin by various businesses as well as the roll out of Bitcoin ATMs and a few big crypto activist like the Winklevoss brothers. Now we've seen non-crypto businessman Elon Musk and Tesla actually throwing big money behind Bitcoin.

Last edited:

bucky

Ostrich

View attachment 29276
Just fell below 51k. You're looking kind of prophetic. Still waiting until 40k to buy? That was the only thing I may have possibly understood from your post.