Crypto lounge thread

Sounds like you didn't store it in a wallet (directly), you left it with the exchange.

Your concerns are valid, but bottom line unless you have it in a personal wallet you don't really own anything other than a promise from the exchange.

Can I ask which exchange you used?

I'm on the wallet MyMonero. I had to login to my wallet but this time I scrolled down and the transactions showed up. The correct amount is now on my wallet. Just like I suspected, I have a 4 USD digit amount.

I signed up for a couple more brokers today and I hope by the end of next month I figure out how to unlock my KeepKey. I have my eye on coins I can't get from Coinbase like Monero and ADA. I'll post up the issues I'm running into and hopefully can get some help. Keepkey's customer support sucks.

I honestly feel like a million bucks even though I'm not where I want to be in life. Just a couple more years and it will still be more challenges as I go higher and higher.

Deepdiver

Crow
Gold Member
This was actually interesting - now to find someplace to build a solar farm to run it...

https://veden.com

New SHA256 Bitcoin Miner is Here!​

lab_miner_top_small.jpg

Veden is on a mission to help keep Bitcoin decentralized.​

We are a Canadian company with extensive mining experience and we are concerned with the number of ASIC Mining Manufacturers controlled by Chinese companies
We believe this is a concern shared by many Bitcoin miners.
As volume customers of many of the past and current ASIC providers like Bitmain, Pangolin, Canaan, ASICminer, Baikal, Halong, Innosilicon, and Pandaminer, who produce or produced various machines going by names like Antminer, Dragonmint, Whatsminer, Baikal Giant, AvalonMiner, PandaMiner, StrongU, FusionSilicon we also have found quality and customer service to be lacking the standards of other Western or European cultures.
Over 15 months ago, we decided to do something about it.

Introducing the VedenMiner​

Veden technologies has assembled a world class group of experts to design and build a BETTER SHA256 Bitcoin Miner. We have created a miner that will last longer, operate quieter, more efficiently, and come with Western company standards of quality, customer service and support.
Some unique features of the Veden Miner
  • Can be programed to mine other coins
  • Can be upgraded remotely through software as we continue to improve our miner
  • Can be repurposed for other uses

Specifications:
  • Hashrate: 68 Th/s
  • Power Consumption: 100 Watts
  • 110 V / 220 V
  • Made in America
  • Programable FPGA
  • 1 Year warranty
  • Graphene for better efficiencies, less noise, and longer life

joost

Kingfisher
This Veden looks like SCAM.

-CEO is a hired actor to give more credibility.
-They say their miners are more efficient since they don't use brute force to mine. So a proprietary (hidden/secret method).
-They're from Mexico.
-Graphene? I don't think so. Maybe 15 years from now.
-20X more efficient? If it was 30% I would be weary but 20X???
-$150 to ship a miner? If they're made in America, I would expect free shipping for a "small" $4k item.

If the product really worked like they say, it would gain traction really fast and it would be in all magazines. China would already have one and would be copying the design.

Deepdiver

Crow
Gold Member
This Veden looks like SCAM.

-CEO is a hired actor to give more credibility.
-They say their miners are more efficient since they don't use brute force to mine. So a proprietary (hidden/secret method).
-They're from Mexico.
-Graphene? I don't think so. Maybe 15 years from now.
-20X more efficient? If it was 30% I would be weary but 20X???
-$150 to ship a miner? If they're made in America, I would expect free shipping for a "small" $4k item.

If the product really worked like they say, it would gain traction really fast and it would be in all magazines. China would already have one and would be copying the design.
Damn I hereby nominate the Stonefaced Joost (respect) to be our official new crypto projects and devices evaluator. As a Cyber Security professional I was keyed in on the FPGA versus ASICs typical in the China Miners.

Are Field Programmable Gate Arrays performance characteristics that much greater than ASICs?

joost

Kingfisher
Damn I hereby nominate the Stonefaced Joost (respect) to be our official new crypto projects and devices evaluator. As a Cyber Security professional I was keyed in on the FPGA versus ASICs typical in the China Miners.

Are Field Programmable Gate Arrays performance characteristics that much greater than ASICs?

I'm a mere kingfisher ;)

As far as I know, ASICs came after and had a better performance.
ASIC hardware was much more powerful than the FPGA miners, in consequence, crypto enthusiasts and companies decided to move towards the latest ASIC miners.

source is some article from 2018:

Deepdiver

Crow
Gold Member
Gloves Off interview of Harry Dent with Richard Heart Hex founder who played devils advocate to Harry's pending 80% to 90% markets (Stocks and Cryptos) crash predictions...

TLDR Harry maintained that the only safe asset now is 30 Year T-Bonds but had his eyes opened to holding Stable Coins (USDC etc) and staking the value via the HEX platform for 8% to 38% APR "interest"... Seems like an interesting way to get APR style interest returns on stablecoins - I prefer USDC (US audited) versus USDT or BUSD (Audits? Audits? We don't need no stinking Audits!) etc... I chuckled at Richard's irreverent attitude towards the people borrowing the stakers assets at high interest to leverage up to speculate on hot Cryptos likely to Pump and then Dump - for the stakers to then be able to buy up at the bottom of the next mega BTC/Cryptos 85% dump.

Last edited:

Deepdiver

Crow
Gold Member
A very interesting XMR trading chart setup on the most secure and private crypto of all - Monero which has completed an intermediate 5 wave with a minor 5 wave fifth and turned into an intermediate A B and Now C leg corrective wave against the previous up trend ..

Fractal Wave Rules are that the 5 Wave and ABC Correction are part of a larger Major 5 Wave Up correlating to the 5 Wave and current ABC correction in Bitcoin - BTC being the tide that raises and lowers all ALTs. The ABC Rule is that the forming C leg which will resist the 200 MA on the 4 Hour Chart then break through below 200 on the Daily Chart.

The C Leg will at least equal the A leg due from the B top and could extend 1.618 times A as the C leg is the fastest and typically longest corrective wave. A High - Low = 115, B high 225 - A leg 115 = Target C=A of 110.

Considering this ABC is actually a larger Major Wave 2 retrace the exciting prospect is that the next Major Wave 3 will be a long Impulsing Wave back up to the range of the previous XMR All Time High of 469.00 basically a 4X+ trade setup in the world's most private, secure and secret Crypto.

1614358696258.png

Interesting the larger Weekly Chart Fibonacci Ladder from the more recent $29 Swing Low to the Previous ATH of 469.50 shows major resistance at the .618 Golden Ratio retrace of 300 likely to be tested after the current A-B-C completes at or near the 110 A=C Target on the way back up to and past the $469.50 ATH.

1614360009451.png

And the Fibonacci 5 Wave to C Extension Shows a 4.236 XMR Fib Extension to 1,229.
1614360632303.png

Last edited:
Shot in 2018:

Summary: Get a second passport especially if you live in the US. Some people have lost out on money because some exchanges won't let US citizens invest. Regulations will increase and the taxman wants his fair share.

My thoughts: Technology is advancing and I don't think the government is fast enough to catch up. Burneremail here mentioned atomic swaps and that could be a way to bypass some of the restrictions with ICOs as an American investor.

I'm currently enhancing security with my cryptos and the longer term goal might be to renounce my citizenship. I don't want to be around when the fighting starts!

Here's another one:

Summary: Don't think you can outsmart the IRS as the US needs tax funds. Develop a tax strategy to keep more of your money. The IRS is going to require crypto investors to certify under perjury that they're in compliance with the law.

bucky

Ostrich
This has probably been asked before, but it's the kind of thing that changes and I'm a newb so I'll ask again: what are your three favorite cryptos that are not Bitcoin? And if you feel like it, why?

Also, what's your favorite dark horse? That is, a coin that's probably not going anywhere but might, just might, be the next big thing.

This has probably been asked before, but it's the kind of thing that changes and I'm a newb so I'll ask again: what are your three favorite cryptos that are not Bitcoin? And if you feel like it, why?

Also, what's your favorite dark horse? That is, a coin that's probably not going anywhere but might, just might, be the next big thing.
I'm not really a crypto junkie. I don't like watching youtube videos about it. I do have some experience in programming.

These are the coins that I like:
Monero: Untraceable coin that at the moment is probably used by criminal organizations. IMO this is the best bang for the buck with my top 3. There are apparently ways to sell these for cash.
LINK: Smart contracts are going to be the future and I have heard from someone in the programming world that next year is prime time.
ETH: Same with LINK. Only caveat is Coja Petrus Uscan did say ETH is too gas heavy so another coin can overtake it. I might take my gains on this particular coin and walk off with a 5 digit amount. I might want to go back to school with my gains.

Biggest sleeper:
ENJ: I want more exposure to NFTs and I think this is in the top 3 for NFTs. I suggest reading more about it. If I remember and am interpreting the information correctly the next generation uses NFTs as a status symbol. ENJ is used for building video games and this potentially could be used to build a Pokemon-esque game. Atari already has a partnership with them so I think this one has legs. I'm still playing around with the broker Kucoin and I think I can get some ENJ by swapping coins.

BasedBaker

Sparrow

For the darkhorse check out $OCEAN. They are betting on the monetization of data. The project to me is the most interesting one I've come across. Will it translate into a financial windfall? Who knows, but I've bought it and plan on hodling for 3-5 years. If you are in the US you can purchase on KuCoin or CoinMetro.

These are the coins that I like:
Monero: Untraceable coin that at the moment is probably used by criminal organizations. IMO this is the best bang for the buck with my top 3. There are apparently ways to sell these for cash.
LINK: Smart contracts are going to be the future and I have heard from someone in the programming world that next year is prime time.
ETH: Same with LINK. Only caveat is Coja Petrus Uscan did say ETH is too gas heavy so another coin can overtake it. I might take my gains on this particular coin and walk off with a 5 digit amount. I might want to go back to school with my gains.

ETH and Monero I agree with.
Other than those two, BCH and XLM could develop nicely.
BCH is a Bitcoin fork, where useful development is still happening.
XLM is for quick and cheap payments and uses similar technology as XRP.

Last edited:

lonewolf1968

Kingfisher

Cardano is the one i have most of the faith in. I also like aave, 1inch and Uniswap. I respect other forum members opinions but I would avoid forks like the plague. Avoid bitcoin cash, litecoin, bsv and ethereum classic, they are trash.

Coja Petrus Uscan

Hummingbird
Gold Member

For dark horses I am taking a punt on this:

I bought in when it was a $150,000 market cap. Just popped up to $500,000 and back down.

It could be complete junk, but it aims to be the Crypto.com of The Middle East.

It has had a big pancake down from about $5M cap.

I think The Middle East should be pretty good for crypto. They won't do anything about it unless The Fed & Co. lean very heavily on it. The obviously don't care about tax evasion etc., since there aren't really any taxes and outward remittances are also very liberally treated. Dubai has a government funded crypto valley and a government controlled free zone is now accepting BTC, ETH, USDT for its services. To put that in perspective it would be like Nevada Secretary of State accepting crypto for LLCs.

I am low on tips at the moment, but there is a platform called Polkastarter - https://www.polkastarter.com/ - for crowd-funding projects. I have a chunk of the Polkastarter token, but I don't know how the platform actually works. However, virtually everything that IDOs (like IPOs) on Polkastarter goes up 50X or more.

Here is a list of upcoming important dates:

* click on March 2021 tab

media%2FEvJuPhZWQAAfYzI.jpg%3Fname%3Dsmall

lonewolf1968

Kingfisher
For dark horses I am taking a punt on this:

I bought in when it was a $150,000 market cap. Just popped up to $500,000 and back down.

It could be complete junk, but it aims to be the Crypto.com of The Middle East.

It has had a big pancake down from about $5M cap.

I think The Middle East should be pretty good for crypto. They won't do anything about it unless The Fed & Co. lean very heavily on it. The obviously don't care about tax evasion etc., since there aren't really any taxes and outward remittances are also very liberally treated. Dubai has a government funded crypto valley and a government controlled free zone is now accepting BTC, ETH, USDT for its services. To put that in perspective it would be like Nevada Secretary of State accepting crypto for LLCs.

I am low on tips at the moment, but there is a platform called Polkastarter - https://www.polkastarter.com/ - for crowd-funding projects. I have a chunk of the Polkastarter token, but I don't know how the platform actually works. However, virtually everything that IDOs (like IPOs) on Polkastarter goes up 50X or more.

Here is a list of upcoming important dates:

* click on March 2021 tab

media%2FEvJuPhZWQAAfYzI.jpg%3Fname%3Dsmall
How do you get that polkastarter token? Uniswap?

Coja Petrus Uscan

Hummingbird
Gold Member
How do you get that polkastarter token? Uniswap?

You could get it on there. I got it on Bilaxy. They may have low-KYC for small amounts, but are lax.

If you figure out how yo participate in the token sales, I would be grateful for an update.

Some details here:

I think Polkastarter should have a good run this year on its own. It's up 800% this year, but its only on a handful of exchanges. With the action and attention I think its likely Binance or another major exchange will pick it up soon.