Crypto lounge thread

Deepdiver

Crow
Gold Member
This might not be related but what do you think about holochain?

Is it a good investment to buy for longterm hold?
Holochain does not use PoW or PoS but a rather nebulous consensus between groups of nodes/agents - it would take a full security audit of their code base for me to trust this - interesting yes - secure I do not know.

Holochain does not use PoW or PoS but a rather nebulous consensus between groups of nodes/agents - it would take a full security audit of their code base for me to trust this - interesting yes - secure I do not know.
I read somewhere that the company and team allocated for themselves almost 44 billion worth of holochain, this is crazy in my opinion.

Thanks for the opinion, it seems i will have to overlook it.

" Soros Asset Management Is Betting Big On "Crypto Infrastructure"​

Well, that pretty much settles it
So the crypto world isn't decentralised.

He who owns the infrastructures owns the system.

These guys do nothing, the miners with their powerful computers do all the work, then various asset management companies takes the profit and glory through shareholding.

Basically the asset management companies dont have to spend lot of cash to make billions, the miners are just the slaves.

Anyway, enough of idealism, if you can't beat them, join them.

JohnKreese

Pelican
So the crypto world isn't decentralised.

He who owns the infrastructures owns the system.

These guys do nothing, the miners with their powerful computers do all the work, then various asset management companies takes the profit and glory through shareholding.

Basically the asset management companies dont have to spend lot of cash to make billions, the miners are just the slaves.

Anyway, enough of idealism, if you can't beat them, join them.

No. Reading the article, one can actually conclude the opposite. None of the "infrastructure" plays mentioned in the article represent some centralized entity or service.

However, Soros and crew betting on select aspects of the crypto space (exchanges, tax services, etc.) is significant. That the master currency manipulator isn't messing with coins themselves makes me think that this isn't some fake out on his part.

No. Reading the article, one can actually conclude the opposite. None of the "infrastructure" plays mentioned in the article represent some centralized entity or service.

However, Soros and crew betting on select aspects of the crypto space (exchanges, tax services, etc.) is significant. That the master currency manipulator isn't messing with coins themselves makes me think that this isn't some fake out on his part.
:like::like:

Coja Petrus Uscan

Hummingbird
Gold Member
Regarding the Soros article. There are two sides to this space - digital assets. On the one hand they have the potential for great control and centralisation; and on the other they can be anarchic and uncontrollable.

The backbone is emerging to build applications that are truly decentralised. They will be built using decentalised services for computing power, VPNs, databases, accounting ledgers etc. These will be operated by decentralised nodes that cannot be taken down. If a project team is comprimised, it will just be forked, as was OpenOffice and Apache products in general.

The current financial system is antiquated. They want it to me more controlling, but it needs to be re-built. If authorities want to investigate you they have to research in multiple honey pots, possibly requiring legal intervention. They want to move from this antiquated system to a system that resembles projects in the crypto-space, but controlled centrally and subject to kill switches. So whenever you sign up for a financial account, you present a unique identifier and all your financial transactions could be pulled out with one query.

If you take tax evasion for example. At current our systems are in legacy mode. You typically have to declare and pay yourself. There are some aspects that use automatic tax payments that have been grafted on. Currently most people who evade taxes for their lifetime won't be caught as it is too much heavy lifting. With this system, there will be no need, as all tax will be taken automatically.

They will no doubt be hard-selling this soon with how easy this makes things. Currently signing up for a bank account is heavy lifting. Particularly business accounts. This is because compliance has to manually check various facets. And at current most of those facets are documents that you proved. By and large you can forge all your KYC and proof of funds documents. They are just pieces of paper. If they require notorisation, that too can be faked. In the new system there won't be any documents. It will all be digital. You apply for an account online, submit your identifier, do a video KYC. They then automatically check your financial history in whatever reduced access system of the CBDC system they have. If you don't get flagged for a PayPal payment to [email protected] or similar proto-crimes, you could have an account in a few hours.

CERN

Pigeon
Crypto's going to fall out.

Bitcoin might gain strength again for a little while. But cyrpto's are going to plummet, except for XRP.

XRP's going to be implmented as the exchange medium between central bank digital currencies.

Central banks are most likely going to start issuing their own currency; i.e. digital dollar. They're going to take over the game from bitcoin and the others, when they do that XRP will be left.

XRP has a use case that makes it the clearing house between international exchanges. If I want to order something online from mexico, I can use my debit card and U.S. dollar digital coins to buy from mexico, and they recieve their payment in mexican pesos.

Because of WEF and their ultimate game plan reset only XRP will be standing.

The sad part here is all the people holding XRP waiting for when the big transition is going to happen and trying to captialize off of the market change. Yet, it will most likely be gradual and not instant if anything. There will be some early 'winners' playing WEF's rules and it'll be enough to get everyone else to try to jump on board as it's happening, but ultimately by getting XRP you're actually playing into what they want, which is to devalue the dollar.

Silver is generally a smart move to get into, but that's an 'end of days' scenario if youre banking on silver saving your life. Ultimately what the gloablists currently want is to devalue the dollar. This is being accomplished with crypto. It's decieving because libertarians and individuals who think they are 'beating the system' are actually playing right into their hands. By investing in pseduo-currencies such as crypto it means you aren't investing in your countrys currency, which means your country's currency is going to drop inevitably at some point depending on how many people go 'all-in' into crypto's. It's a similar process in stocks.

Cyrpto is not a smart 'currency' to invest in or even go after, the more people doing so destroys markets and economies. By being 'libertarian' and thinking you are 'winning' by buying crypto you're actually doing exactly what they want; i.e. destroying any potential for a strong national currency. Crypto is odd because it's almost as if it's a fiat of a fiat in a sense. Fiat currency has no intrinsic value. The dollar is strong, insanely strong actually, it's so strong that being trillions in debt as the U.S. is and it still is strong. The reason for a currency strength is pereception. If you believe it's strong, than it is. And the dollar is strong because there is no hyper inflation occuring even though were trillions in debt.

Hyper inflation occurs via perception. In other words if everyone thinks hyper inflation is going to occur then it will, if they don't know about it then it doesn't happen, in other words it would seem hyper inflation is triggered by thinking there's hyper inflation. It doesn't just happen.

When the economy 'crashes', or 'if' it crashes, it will be because of pseduo hyper inflation. Not because we went over the national debt, were already trillions in national debt. Hyper inflation occurs when theres a perception that the currency is suddenly valued different so everyone gets on board. Again, the dollar is strong, insanely strong, and WEF, NWO, bankers and oligarches know it. This is why they push crypto so hard, they're trying to devalue and undermine the dollars worth.

Last edited:

West_001

Sparrow

Bitcoin might gain strength again for a little while. But cyrpto's are going to plummet, except for XRP.

XRP's going to be implmented as the exchange medium between central bank digital currencies.

Central banks are most likely going to start issuing their own currency; i.e. digital dollar. They're going to take over the game from bitcoin and the others, when they do that XRP will be left.

XRP has a use case that makes it the clearing house between international exchanges. If I want to order something online from mexico, I can use my debit card and U.S. dollar digital coins to buy from mexico, and they recieve their payment in mexican pesos.

The sad part here is all the people holding XRP waiting for when the big transition is going to happen and trying to captialize off of the market change. Yet, it will most likely be gradual and not instant if anything. There will be some early 'winners' playing WEF's rules and it'll be enough to get everyone else to try to jump on board as it's happening, but ultimately by getting XRP you're actually playing into what they want, which is to devalue the dollar.

Silver is generally a smart move to get into, but that's an 'end of days' scenario if youre banking on silver saving your life. Ultimately what the gloablists currently want is to devalue the dollar. This is being accomplished with crypto. It's decieving because libertarians and individuals who think they are 'beating the system' are actually playing right into their hands. By investing in pseduo-currencies such as crypto it means you aren't investing in your countrys currency, which means your country's currency is going to drop inevitably at some point depending on how many people go 'all-in' into crypto's. It's a similar process in stocks.

Cyrpto is not a smart 'currency' to invest in or even go after, the more people doing so destroys markets and economies. By being 'libertarian' and thinking you are 'winning' by buying crypto you're actually doing exactly what they want; i.e. destroying any potential for a strong national currency. Crypto is odd because it's almost as if it's a fiat of a fiat in a sense. Fiat currency has no intrinsic value. The dollar is strong, insanely strong actually, it's so strong that being trillions in debt as the U.S. is and it still is strong. The reason for a currency strength is pereception. If you believe it's strong, than it is. And the dollar is strong because there is no hyper inflation occuring even though were trillions in debt.

Hyper inflation occurs via perception. In other words if everyone thinks hyper inflation is going to occur then it will, if they don't know about it then it doesn't happen, in other words it would seem hyper inflation is triggered by thinking there's hyper inflation. It doesn't just happen.

When the economy 'crashes', or 'if' it crashes, it will be because of pseduo hyper inflation. Not because we went over the national debt, were already trillions in national debt. Hyper inflation occurs when theres a perception that the currency is suddenly valued different so everyone gets on board. Again, the dollar is strong, insanely strong, and WEF, NWO, bankers and oligarches know it. This is why they push crypto so hard, they're trying to devalue and undermine the dollars worth.
Huh?

Last July, I saved up a big down payment started a search for housing. I was looking to hedge against inflation with ~20% of my down payment and decided to buy gold/silver instead of crypto because i had a much larger exposure to crypto than metals. I ended up getting a house a month or so ago and cashed out my position for ~5% loss which would have been more but for the silver bull last summer. During that same period, BTC/ETH went x5.

Why I didn't go with crypto after a halvening I do not know, but it cost be tens of thousands of dollars and more importantly millions of Satoshis.

Cervantes

Woodpecker

The dollar is being devalued due to massive money printing. They don't need "libertarians" to buy crypto to devalue the dollar - it will happen regardless. Getting out of the dollar is an obvious good move. Since nobody knows what will hold value a diversified strategy is correct: gold/silver, real estate, crypto, stocks and commodities.

Cervantes

Woodpecker
As for NFTs I was going to post some "Digital Art" on Rareible and allow resales at the 30% resale fee where you get 30% of each resale and the reseller keeps 70% to see how difficult it is to use - all the images will be my own photos that I took as the "Digital Bullshite Artist" (Are any NFTs not Bull Shite?) and learn:
NFT is for money laundering. When you anonymize coins in a mixing service the coins become hard to trace that is true - but they also become considered "dirty". You cannot deposit mixed coins in a fiat offramp service like coinbase.

What to do? Buy an expensive NFT, and then sell it again to someone else. Now you have clean coins - or at least plausible deniability. Only you have to make sure that there is a market for that NFT you just bought.

That is, suppose two guys are doing their own money laundering exchange via an NFT at a vastly inflated price and you swoop in and buy that beeple token. You'll never get that money back. You have to have a trusted middle man. Via one address he sells you an NFT, and via another address you sell him a different NFT. You're left with an NFT token that has a history of great value - which makes it more plausible as a medium of exchange next time you need to do money laundering exchange.

A lot of "modern art" is just money laundering.

Remember when Hunter Biden was an "artist":

This is the same thing but on the block chain.

CERN

Pigeon
Getting out of the dollar is an obvious good move. Since nobody knows what will hold value a diversified strategy is correct: gold/silver, real estate, crypto, stocks and commodities.
So you don't want national currency?

Crypto is imaginary money. Cyrpto is not a 'stratgey' for making money, its a strategy being used against 'freedom' seekers to devalue national currencies to allow for a third party currency to take over.

It's not just about 'libertarians' or those who don't want to be restricted. It's about gloablists using their own ideology (non-national curency = pseduo freedom) against them.

Cervantes

Woodpecker
So you don't want national currency?

Crypto is imaginary money. Cyrpto is not a 'stratgey' for making money, its a strategy being used against 'freedom' seekers to devalue national currencies to allow for a third party currency to take over.

It's not just about 'libertarians' or those who don't want to be restricted. It's about gloablists using their own ideology (non-national curency = pseduo freedom) against them.
Crypto may be a ludicrous way of implementing a store of value, but it is a million times less ludicrous than having your money based on paper certificates that your enemies print ad infinitum and give to themselves.