Crypto lounge thread

Ok we just had ETH break the $2000 barrier approaching it's ATH. It looks like the high 'gas' cost logjam is starting to loosen up. And it appears that $BTC is starting to loose it's dominance based on total market cap.

Hup!!!! BTC just broke $60k barrier

Is this the start of the inter-chain era in crypto?

Last edited:

Blade Runner

Pelican
The point, which you missed it by the way, was that the banks will use crypto as an excuse to transition to digital dollar. Crypto alone isn't going to cause hyper inflation, but it's one more step in the wrong direction. At least with the dollar there's some enforceable legality behind it to some extent, and believe me the rest of the world know's it has value, can't say the same for your precious slavecoin. At the end of the day people have to realistically work within the framework handed us. If you want to start your own bank and create a new currency go right ahead man, but crypto is the oligarchs, not the everymans. You've been fed a lie.
Your approach is wrong to the questions at hand, and that's why you are incorrect in every conclusion. You have everything backwards but still don't get it. Crypto exists because of monetary repression and no way out from the elites who are next to the money printer. We know the system can't be reformed already, yet you claim that we are doing their bidding by NOT playing their game? Your position is totally nonsensical.

Deepdiver

Crow
Gold Member
LOL PBS Boston just did a segment on Neuro Science and Art - Can you measure the quality of Art via brain scans??? - Answer: inconclusive since everyone's tastes are different from Kitsch to Leonardo, Michelangelo, Picasso... one persons art is another persons BS thus BS Artists became a term of Art pun intended..

So rather than dismiss all new technologies on cryptographically secure blockchains as criminal enterprises - in the early days of steam and electrical power those folks were referred to as LUDDITES - lets focus on the real criminal enterprises - Giant Tech Inc that have forced artists and creator makers to sell their audio and video creations (Songs/Music/Videos/Photos) etc for basically 99 cents per download with a 50%+ fee to the big tech networks that they then also monetize all eyeballs with aggressive adverts. In the case of YouTube the original copyright holders of video songs often receive ZERO% royalties while the account holder who uploaded it gets a few pennies and Goog-Tube keeps the lions share.

Now with NFTs creators and artists can upload a digital instance of their work onto various blockchains and depending upon the NFT platform - get paid MARKET VALUE upon first sale of their NFT creations and receive 10%, 20% or 30% share upon each resale (A.K.A. "Flip").

My NFT platform I am building will protect creatives over techno pirates... How many times have you listened to music videos etc on Goog-Tube and not had to pay anything but watch a video advert every 5 minutes or so - no worse than TV - but the Artists have NO control over the distribution of their work and or any way to insure a continuous monetization of their talents and creations.

NFT tech changes ALL of this piracy business model and will bring massive creative disruption to the Big Tech Video, Music, and Images Oligopolies

Non Fungible Tokens are not techno voodoo - NFTs are an ERC721 solid technical solution to the problem of protecting and properly monetizing creatives intellectual property rights both virtual, digital and physical.

Good luck with all that US dollar money laundering...

Deepdiver

Crow
Gold Member
Your approach is wrong to the questions at hand, and that's why you are incorrect in every conclusion. You have everything backwards but still don't get it. Crypto exists because of monetary repression and no way out from the elites who are next to the money printer. We know the system can't be reformed already, yet you claim that we are doing their bidding by NOT playing their game? Your position is totally nonsensical.
CERN is likely a CCP agitation propagandist infecting the forum with SJW Groupthink... CERN Maintains USD GOOD and Cryptos BAD when the facts and history since the Creatures were unleashed on Jekyll Island in 1913 (Author: G. Edward Griffin) resulting in the purchasing power of fake fiat USD collapsing while real technological money BTC, BCH, ETH, XMR, ADA, NFTs, DeFi, DefiChain Cryptos skyrocketing in value - the delusionals are the ones clinging to their constantly worth-less USDs, Euros, Yen, Yuan Pesos etc fiat currencies etc.

USD now worth-less than 4 cents of 1913 value. Facts can be such inconvenient truths.

1617387560388.png

Last edited:

Deepdiver

Crow
Gold Member
Latest Upbeat Alts info from Weiss:

This Is the Altseason We’ve Been Waiting For 2Apr21...​

The two largest cryptocurrencies have regained their footing after a brief correction saw Ethereum trade below its 21-day moving average. Meanwhile, altcoins continue climbing higher as investors hunt for projects that could offer massive upside.

• Bitcoin (BTC, Tech/Adoption Grade “A-”) is approaching the $60,000 price level as it looks to set a new high past $61,000.
  • Ethereum (ETH, Tech/Adoption Grade “A-”) is also eyeing a breakout past its previous high above $2,000.
  • The Weiss Crypto Indexes were broadly higher during the six-day trading week through Thursday.
After an extremely positive week for the crypto market, let’s see how our Weiss Indexes performed. This week’s index data was cut one day short due to the Good Friday holiday, but there was no shortage of action.

The broader crypto market boomed, with very few exceptions >>

New to the crypto realm. New to the forum. I am thinking of buying mostly BTC and XMR. Am also interested in Tezos (XTZ), which is a dApp platform (PoS), and FIRO, which is a privacy coin that looks like it is at least as private if not more so than XMR.

Firo can be mined on a GPU (currently $3.50/day on my GTX 1070ti). If any of you have a midrange or better graphics card, check out 2cryptocalc.com and you can check which coin to mine.

Firo had a 51% attack back in Feb, days before they released an update that should make such an attack much harder. The price took a hit then...I am not shilling any coins here just a regular guy putting my thoughts out there.

Lots of good info and I like the variety of backgrounds here. Diversity of thought = the real diversity.

Last edited:

Coja Petrus Uscan

Hummingbird
Gold Member
If anyone has bought Bluzelle (BLZ), don't stake it. At least two people have been left in limbo due to an error on their (BLZ's) end. Not clear if anything will be done about it. Doesn't bode too well for the project. Their web front-end is certainly not that great.

Having further thoughts on crypto. It is starting to look a lot like the Tower of Babel. Reading crypto Twitter is like the prelude to an Egos Anonymous meeting - before it all goes wrong.

I think there are few things more poisonous for the soul than accruing massive gains by doing nothing. Similar to being an attractive woman who mines eyeball seconds. The space is full of a graceless exuberance and self-worship, based on gains. Vitalik Buterin being a rare exception.

Some are saying that there will be no crash this time. But that this bubble, is again, mostly built on what is outlined above and the lack of fundamentals, you can bet your eroding dollar it will crash spectacularly again. May you pull the trigger before the precise moment of the impact when the Tower of Babylon falls.

PancakeSwap has now pipped Uniswap for total value locked (https://defillama.com/home). So I would expect CAKE to make a move towards the top 10 this year. BNB also looks strong. More projects are going dual chain. About 5% of crypto locked in DeFi.

Coja Petrus Uscan

Hummingbird
Gold Member
Screenshot-at-2021-04-03-14-57-19.png

Penitent

Pigeon
If anyone has bought Bluzelle (BLZ), don't stake it. At least two people have been left in limbo due to an error on their (BLZ's) end. Not clear if anything will be done about it. Doesn't bode too well for the project. Their web front-end is certainly not that great.
Too late, already staked. Was the problem trying to withdraw? I know that sometimes it takes a couple 2-3 days before the tokens transfer over when converting because they do it manually.

This is a very easy to understand newbie guide to understand crypto. The authors are going to explain smart contracts, DEFI, and probably NFTs. I know topics like fees, the lightning network, wallets, and how bitcoin's prices fluctuate yet I still learned a decent amount of what possibly could be one of the most profitable assets in recent times. I like how it's structured and I hope once the smart contract course comes out I can find a way to make money off of it.

Bruv, CERN has spoken.

Discussion closed.

Who are you anyway?

Just a FYI, I didn't mind hearing the guy out about crypto skepticism. The resource I linked to doesn't even have explanations on how prices are being determined. I put him on ignore since it's very clear that he is the authority on the topic (which he isn't). I learned about why Satoshi made bitcoin, how nodes operate, and other types of wallets I never knew existed. Regardless of what the end game the blockchain is I think it's the evolution of money. Buddy of mine who's smarter than me doesn't think crypto is the real deal...when I make my first million off this asset I'll be sure to hire him haha..

Last edited:

Coja Petrus Uscan

Hummingbird
Gold Member
Too late, already staked. Was the problem trying to withdraw? I know that sometimes it takes a couple 2-3 days before the tokens transfer over when converting because they do it manually.

I don't think so.

It seems that there have been problems with people creating an account with their staking platform and then not being able to get back in. There is no facility on the staking platform to recover from your seed. A wallet is made to be created on their chain, but isn't. To recover your coins your need to install their CLI, but you can't because their system has malfunctioned; and they don't like to communicate.

This looks like it may be the best metric yet.

Last edited:
Binance and Coinbase both double charged a transaction of mine a while ago. Coinbase finally got back to me after about 2 weeks while Binance never got back to me. Coinbase wants me to send in a bank statement.

I'm really annoyed at this terrible customer service. It makes me want to either mine my own or sell my services to get crypto while bypassing the brokerages. Any pointers?

Bitcoin bootcamp:

$3k-4k. I wouldn't do it just want to throw this out there.

Coja Petrus Uscan

Hummingbird
Gold Member
I'm really annoyed at this terrible customer service. It makes me want to either mine my own or sell my services to get crypto while bypassing the brokerages. Any pointers?

Binance customer support is notoriously bad. It's meant to be better to use the support for SafePal wallet, and use Binance through that.

I had an account with them. I think it was empty, but I wanted to check, but had lost the 2FA. Was never able to get a response.

Crypto.com used to have very good support. Usually reply within a few hours. I think they are at several days now. Kraken is said to be good.

tomzestatlu

Kingfisher
From your point of view, would it affect your decision to continue holding BLZ?

Coja Petrus Uscan

Hummingbird
Gold Member
From your point of view, would it affect your decision to continue holding BLZ?

I'm involuntarily not holding BLZ at the moment :oops: But I can't recommend the staking. There are quite a number of people confused and having issues, in their channels.

I don't think it's a huge issue. You can see some of the partners here - https://bluzelle.com/ecosystem

I will be holding for the year, then likely selling along with everything else. I would intend to buy again cira 2023, if they look like they can develop more and the 4 year crypto cycle continues.

Really can't see anything worth buying at the moment, though riding to BTT bubble 30X. Justin Sun's mercliness shilling has come through. AUTO was added to Binance. It boomed, before crashing.

I have had a 70% offer for my Mt Gox coins. At current the earliest I would get them back is mid-2022. Seems like it could be the best long-term.

AUTO (https://autofarm.network/) offers 10% BTC + 7% AUTO APY on BTC(B); and 14% WBNB-BTC(B) + 30% AUTO APY on WBNB-BTC(B), which could patch a lot of that gap. Plus likely appreciation this year to $140,000-200,000.

What would you take?

Example 100 BTC lost on Gox:

Option 1: wait until at least mid-2022 for 23 BTC
Option 2: get 16.1 BTC within about a month