Crypto lounge thread

BeefStew

Pigeon
My opinion might be in the minority among crypto people, but I feel that virtually all/most cryptocurrency is going nowhere. Bitcoin will probably remain valuable because it was the first and is also seen as a digital gold/store of value. Some of the other bigger ones might pan out if their underlying technology is good.

While Bitcoin can remain as a store of value or collectors item, it's pretty useless as a currency. Slow and costly for small transactions. Then we have all of those other coins that are trying to be currency/transaction coins with smaller fees, where everyone thinks their coin will somehow come out on top and see mass adoption, but never will, especially when there are hundreds of them now. Then you have a bunch of other alt-coins tied to companies that aren't going anywhere or are scams.

Overall, I see the situation as being similar to the internet-boom, where these technologies will become antiquated as other technologies improve upon them in the following years (e.g. AskJeeves < Google).

People seem to think crypto will bring upon an era of freedom from fiat, but it's most likely acting as the free observable proto-tests for the Government to come out with their own highly centralized digital coin in the future, and is actually helping to expedite that. I see other people who think crypto will attain mass adoption because "the people" will fight against fiat or a digital currency, but we've seen that people are sheep and can't even fight against trivial political correct issues ruining individual and collective lives and stagnating progress.

Virtually everyone who buys crypto nowadays is doing so simply to make money, not for the technology. It's just steal from Peter to pay Paul; dump your bag on the next sucker and make a profit off someone else's loss.

I agree with much of what you have to say. Whichever group fields a DEX coin that has true utility which includes top rated customer service to fix transaction hiccups, an audit capability and increased security including having backup mirror servers in another geographical location to mitigate disaster recovery just might win the brass ring. Otherwise it's going to become the .com debacle all over again but this time with a more far reaching global effect.

bucky

Ostrich
My opinion might be in the minority among crypto people, but I feel that virtually all/most cryptocurrency is going nowhere. Bitcoin will probably remain valuable because it was the first and is also seen as a digital gold/store of value. Some of the other bigger ones might pan out if their underlying technology is good.

While Bitcoin can remain as a store of value or collectors item, it's pretty useless as a currency. Slow and costly for small transactions. Then we have all of those other coins that are trying to be currency/transaction coins with smaller fees, where everyone thinks their coin will somehow come out on top and see mass adoption, but never will, especially when there are hundreds of them now. Then you have a bunch of other alt-coins tied to companies that aren't going anywhere or are scams.

Overall, I see the situation as being similar to the internet-boom, where these technologies will become antiquated as other technologies improve upon them in the following years (e.g. AskJeeves < Google).

People seem to think crypto will bring upon an era of freedom from fiat, but it's most likely acting as the free observable proto-tests for the Government to come out with their own highly centralized digital coin in the future, and is actually helping to expedite that. I see other people who think crypto will attain mass adoption because "the people" will fight against fiat or a digital currency, but we've seen that people are sheep and can't even fight against trivial political correct issues ruining individual and collective lives and stagnating progress.

Virtually everyone who buys crypto nowadays is doing so simply to make money, not for the technology. It's just steal from Peter to pay Paul; dump your bag on the next sucker and make a profit off someone else's loss.
Heh. You could be right. I got into crypto about two months ago and I'm up about 1k now. I sometimes wonder if I won't be kicking myself next year for not having gotten out right now.

Penitent

Pigeon
It seems that there have been problems with people creating an account with their staking platform and then not being able to get back in. There is no facility on the staking platform to recover from your seed. A wallet is made to be created on their chain, but isn't. To recover your coins your need to install their CLI, but you can't because their system has malfunctioned; and they don't like to communicate.
I haven't experience this problem. My plan is to leave the coins staked until September when the offer expires. Hopefully I wont have any trouble getting the tokens back.

Blade Runner

Pelican
No it's not, the key is understanding WHY it is a "store of value."

CBDCs change nothing, they make legit hard money like BTC even more valuable.

CERN2.0

Chicken

Front page: China Creates Its Own Digital Currency, a First for Major Economy

Elon Musk
Mar 24
"Pay by Bitcoin capability available outside US later this year"

Elon Musk
Mar 24
"Tesla is using only internal & open source software & operates Bitcoin nodes directly. Bitcoin paid to Tesla will be retained as Bitcoin, not converted to fiat currency."
---

Ford BladeRunner says,"But its an alternative to a non manipulated, sound money, right, right guys?"

@Roosh:
Send Musk a tweet for me, I don't have twitter:

@Musk
"Crypto's dead. I dismantled BTC. It's in the crypt. Crypto's no more. CERN has spoken. Discussion closed."

Last edited:

CERN2.0

Chicken
He's got a $1.5 billion Bitcoin hot potato burning a hole in his pocket that no amount of Boring spaceship talk can ever hype up enough to get rid of. Crypto's in the crypt.

Look at WSJ acting SJW with China and Musk being buddy buddy. They want to be like,"Here comes your global currency boys and girls!" But it's too late, because I already dismantled the hell outta BTC. Why, because Buffett says so? Ha. No, because CERN said so, and what I say, like Musk, just magically happens. It's amazing, me and Musk have the same superpower, what I say just becomes truth.

I know Musk is never getting rid of that BTC unless he pawns it off on China, and that's never going to happen. Once the gamer noobz give up on his slavecoin and the boomers are done buying his cars he's going to have to retire to Texas and find an acting job or start a pawn shop to throw out all of his batteries.

Crypto is global slavecoin. But it doesn't really matter, because I already dismantled BTC.

@La Águila Negra
CERN or maybe I'm Nakamoto, you don't even know the person that made BTC, what does that tell you?

Last edited:

CERN2.0

Chicken
Sensationalism only gets you so far. I've participated enough in the alarmist triggering of the globalists and what's next on their agenda. At the end of the day it's impossible to know anyone's true intentions and so simply being the boy who cried wolf constantly isn't my cup of tea though I've done my fair share. If you don't realize by now that these people don't care at all about your freedoms in the slightest then I don't know what to tell you. But I'm dropping out of the alarmist game from now on though. There's too much trash coming down the pipeline and not enough time to gauge with any accuracy what is staged, planned, or organic. And so I'll leave the sensationalism respectively to Roosh if he wants it. Though at the end of the day it's impossible to know the true state of these peoples souls and or their true intentions and so I respectfully disagree with this forum and the nature of these discussions in general, even though I'm culprit #1.

Crypto is not and never will be a real world practical solution ok. So the sooner you all realize that the better. As far as presuming and assuming the state of the oligarch "elites" souls, there's no telling, only God knows. And so their true intentions are hidden from us. I would caution against constantly overreacting to whatever "agenda" we think motivates them, because it's impossible to know and becomes fruitless and ultimately a waste of time. Even though I should add, in the case of Musk and WSJ front page globalist agenda with China now having digital currency, its pretty obvious they want you mining the crypts and digging your own graves.

Ultimately though knowing what might come down the pipeline isn't always helpful believe it or not. Why? Because normally common sense logic can come to the correct decision(s) in the moment and doesn't always need massive foresight of presumed manipulation. Common sense overrides basic illogical evils if men are actually acting normal, if you aren't at least normal though then you're probably following Musk on twitter. Everyone is attributing to the slow boiling of the frog in some way because many people want to be a 'prophet' and act like they know everything. Well, not everyone, we see patterns and want to simply connect the dots, but doing so can have the opposite effect and cause chaos even though it may have been well intended. But here is WSJ, front and center, probably trolling these forums looking at the people who participate in crypto and using everything you say against you and most likely along with the rest of silicon valley selling everything to China. I'm not participating in digital dollar ok kids. Its not going to happen. And guess what, neither are boomers. The USD is essentially what they see as literally = to money. They know nothing else. You take that away youre asking for problems.

Bladerunner and others on here would have you simply throw in the towel and act as if we can't do anything and to wait for a 'proper reset', whatever that means. If you guys have better solutions you should seriously speak up and provide them, preferably something other than imagination land crypto and something in line with real world economics and how markets actually operate. At the end of the day you have to be realistic and hold fast to USD and also to be realistic in what you think "gloablists" are doing, because no one knows the whole story and so its a fools errand to think we should try. Also in my opinion (which I'm entitled too whether you care or not) I think Roosh should shut down this crypto thread. I think China getting onboard with digital currency and Musk ready for global BTC is proof enough it's not what you think it is. How do you beat the slavecoin crypt's? Hold fast to USD or your nations currency, and if they're telling you hyper inflation is coming it's probably not, and even if it were it wouldn't make a difference for the most part. If you want an explanation go back and reread what I wrote. I'm done participating in the gloablist sensationalism which is non-stop, and so I'm out, discussion over. Goodluck.

Last edited:

eradicator

Peacock
Gold Member
Btc and eth seem like relatively safe spots to stash your savings to avoid inflation. It helps to try to time the dips but at the moment I am not trying to trade btc daily just stash some cash there

MrFreezy

Pigeon
If anyone has bought Bluzelle (BLZ), don't stake it. At least two people have been left in limbo due to an error on their (BLZ's) end. Not clear if anything will be done about it.
Too late! Stacking it but not too huge of an amount. Lets see if i can get it out.
Btw. Did you check on ZelaaPayAE? up 348% in the last month. Unfortunately i m already over my crypto budget. Otherwise I would happily buy this fantastic product from Ali Baba and the 40 bandits. Next cycle for sure.
All in all everything CPU recommended turned out fantastic. You just got a nose for the right investment my friend, don't you? BLZ, Cake and even 1Inch seems to be coming back up at the moment. You must be Jewish bro! Ha ha.
This stuff already paid for my brakes and will pay for my brand new suspension on my beautiful Toyota Matrix 2008 XR. Lets see if it can pay for an older home in the middle of nowhere Saskatchewan...

Blade Runner

Pelican
Bladerunner and others on here would have you simply throw in the towel and act as if we can't do anything and to wait for a 'proper reset', whatever that means.
Did you read anything I ever wrote? I read your paragraphs and am amused - I don't need to worry about empty challenges and bluster - but one thing I don't do is project what I'm thinking on to others, or make up their points of view. That's debate fallacy 101 stuff. It's not that you even set up straw men, you just blatantly misrepresent even your paraphrasing of others points of view. For example, I would "have you simply throw in the towel". Uh, no. Go back and read a bit, son.

Mortay

Sparrow
KCS had a nice pump these past few days. I wasn't even trying to invest in it. I bought some recently because you get lower fees on Kucoin when you use KCS. Was pleasantly surprised to see it pump immediately after I bought some. Could be a good long-term hold. I could see it following after Binance Coin.

fiasco360

Kingfisher
MobileCoin (MOB) has 10xed over the past ten days, Signal (encrypted messaging app) has announced they'll be using it for peer-to-peer money transfer within the app.
I got into that around 25 cents or so. Looking at COPE as well, got into that around $2.5

kel

Ostrich
I got into that around 25 cents or so. Looking at COPE as well, got into that around $2.5
Wow, congrats, that's quite a bump. I'm not really invested in many alts myself - too risky for my blood, plus too hard to manage it all - but found it interesting. I know it's plebian, I'm meant to appreciate the store of value alone, and fine, but I really do think being able to easily, anonymously send money p2p is a nice feature. It's something I want and I doubt I'm alone.

COPE, unlimitedcope.com - I don't even know how to evaluate this stuff.

bucky

Ostrich
Wow, congrats, that's quite a bump. I'm not really invested in many alts myself - too risky for my blood, plus too hard to manage it all - but found it interesting. I know it's plebian, I'm meant to appreciate the store of value alone, and fine, but I really do think being able to easily, anonymously send money p2p is a nice feature. It's something I want and I doubt I'm alone.

COPE, unlimitedcope.com - I don't even know how to evaluate this stuff.
To be fair, he said that he "got in," but not how much in. It would be easy to put 10 USD down on 100 different alt coins, and you'd be very likely to hit one of those 10X or more surges, but you wouldn't be doing better than if you'd just put it all on BTC (caveat, I'm bad at math and it's too early in the morning to work that out, but I think that's correct).

On the other hand, if he did put a few k on MOB right before it jumped 10x then yeah, nice.