Crypto lounge thread

bucky

Ostrich
Just checked crypto prices and whoa, looks like maybe one of those dips when you should buy is on its way. Weird how BTC seems to have a wall at 60k it just can't get past.

I'm trying to decide between buying XRP or DOT next. Which would you guys go with? Or would you pass on both for now?

BillMcNeal

Sparrow
Just checked crypto prices and whoa, looks like maybe one of those dips when you should buy is on its way. Weird how BTC seems to have a wall at 60k it just can't get past.

I'm trying to decide between buying XRP or DOT next. Which would you guys go with? Or would you pass on both for now?
It had that $20k wall a few years ago, and then crashed badly. No idea what's about to happen though.

DOT is pretty close to an ATH, while XRP is maybe 70% below its ATH, with that lawsuit suppressing it. XRP did just double in price in the last couple of days though. So it's tough to know the right moves there.

fireshark

Sparrow
Looking for nice pullbacks on BNB and DCR. I think we'll go sideways / downish for another couple days. Support levels are being tested before volume builds again. Overall, BTC in a nice rising triangle type pattern.

KCS looks like a good buy, generally speaking, though I'd wait for its current pump to consolidate before grabbing.

lonewolf1968

Kingfisher
It had that $20k wall a few years ago, and then crashed badly. No idea what's about to happen though.

DOT is pretty close to an ATH, while XRP is maybe 70% below its ATH, with that lawsuit suppressing it. XRP did just double in price in the last couple of days though. So it's tough to know the right moves there.
Last time it touched the 20k wall in 2017, Bitcoin was above 15k and it only lasted 2 weeks above those levels. We've been above 50k for 5 weeks so far. consolidating. Hopefully it's just fueling up before the second leg of the bull run. Not an expert though.

Coja Petrus Uscan

Hummingbird
Gold Member
Screenshot-at-2021-04-08-14-22-26.png

This time last cycle it had heavily crashed through that light-blue EMA-21. It's only had a few small dents this year.

It's (BTC) failed to break the ATH on the last move, though due to movement to alts. The move down also looks quite weak.

I am expect it to go sideways for April and star another leg up in May-June. MACD is not sure what's happening and RSI at 50. Bollinger bands are pinching in 1d and 3d. Looking at a tight consolidation, before a boom on some good news. Coindesk IPO could have an affect, but with such news the market tends to price it in when it comes out, rather than when it happens.

BTC seems to be the most predictable market.

Screenshot-at-2021-04-08-14-47-01.png

Key:

Orange - 2013 bubble baseline
Red - 2017 bubble baseline
Purple - 2021 bubble baseline
Black - 2013 bubble resistance
Neon (lower) - 2017 bubble resistance
Neon (upper) - 2021 bubble resistance

The three resistance lines all come out of a move around March and when followed take you to the ATM about 9 months later. Following that, it would give us ~$240,000 in December 2021.

Coinbase IPO April 14th.....

My gut says this is the match that lights the fuse. The entire investing world, robin hooders, and boomers alike are about to be introduced the largest on ramp for Bitcoin and crypto.

Lives are about to be changed in the coming months, just my opinion.
Please explain

I mostly use the expertise on this forum. A couple of weeks back Deepdiver posted one of his charts explaining that BTC is on course to peak at 68k and then lose 50 percent of its value. I was subsequently ready to act upon his advice

What is the Coinbase IPO?

lonewolf1968

Kingfisher
Yes.

CAKE may have it in it to get into the top 10-15 coins. The TVL was briefly bigger than Uniswap. Uniswap cap is 3X its TVL. CAKE is less than 50%. To match UNI that would push CAKE up to $120. Curve still most undervalued. Being added to Coinbase did not do much.

One advice for the newbies cause I'm one. Don't sell your whole bag cause it may continue going higher. 'let the winners run' Bought at 8 and sold at 18

Guys what's behind xrp's rise? Is it being manipulated up? How can this coin fly up in value so fast when they have some major billions of it being minted? As far as I can tell the major selling point is reduced climate change and transacting speed( trade off cost for monopolistic control?)Looks like they have any army of a either shills or true believers (guessing both). I don't get it since there is no scarcity behind their tokenomics.

Last edited:

Coja Petrus Uscan

Hummingbird
Gold Member
Guys what's behind xrp's rise? Is it being manipulated up? How can this coin fly up in value so fast when they have some major billions of it being minted? As far as I can tell the major selling point is reduced climate change and transacting speed( trade off cost for monopolistic control?)Looks like they have any army of a either shills or true believers (guessing both). I don't get it since there is no scarcity behind their tokenomics.

Binance has cornered the market for blockchain with centralised control.

XRP has only been a speculative asset for its long lifetime. I believe it was originally created about 15 years ago. Binance Smart Chain is hosting the speculative economy to the tune of XRP's cap, each month.

Deep, sleeper MYST making a move.

Last edited:

Penitent

Pigeon
I haven't bought any RARI but since it was mentioned here by several people I have kept an eye on it. Usually I stick to investing but with this token it looks like a good candidate for swing trading. It has reliably bounced back and forth between $30-$40 dollars for weeks now.

Sephiroth

Pigeon
@CPU and all, thanks for the great info here. How are you all currently buying your crypto? Just off of Binance? I prefer the decentralised buying, but there is still need for an anon on-ramp from fiat, and my local community is pretty sparse.