Crypto lounge thread

Coja Petrus Uscan

Hummingbird
Gold Member
For whoever is holding Dogecoin, you can get 30% APY on it at FTX.
Some other nice rates.

Screenshot-at-2021-04-20-17-19-19.png

Mikeyd03

Robin
The run up n $ARRR has given me feelings of massive FOMO. I confess I made an account and wallet to buy it at .13 cents but did not pull the trigger mostly due to procrastination.

You can't win them all.

That being said...I will be DCAing into this project. There are many people that have been in the crypto space (much smarter than me) who see pirate chain as a major competitor to XMR.

Won't be a huge portion of the portfolio, but just thought I'd let you guys know.

BillMcNeal

Sparrow
So....what's Pundi X[old] (NPXS)?
Lol, literally just dumped mine a couple hours ago. Bought $100 worth, saw it go to $400 and back to $150 and got out. I think it's yet another payment token. It felt like it had promise when it was a fraction of a cent, but they just recently did a 1000:1 reverse swap so 100,000 became 100. In the crypto space that just kills sales, since you don't feel like you can 100x your money off of something that costs $5.

Coja Petrus Uscan

Hummingbird
Gold Member
The run up n $ARRR has given me feelings of massive FOMO. I confess I made an account and wallet to buy it at .13 cents but did not pull the trigger mostly due to procrastination.

You can't win them all.

That being said...I will be DCAing into this project. There are many people that have been in the crypto space (much smarter than me) who see pirate chain as a major competitor to XMR.

Won't be a huge portion of the portfolio, but just thought I'd let you guys know.

Is there anything that makes that stand out? It has much more meme potential than boring XMR. It would be funny to see a verboten privacy coin rattle normies with high-meme energy.

In 2017 there were a few privacy coins I remember popping up - AnonCoin, DeepOnion. Seems they have withered.

XMR and ZCash have been very sedimentary.

Testing out Alpaca Finance with 4X. Alleged APY is XXX%. Risk unknown.

Coja Petrus Uscan

Hummingbird
Gold Member
Testing out Alpaca Finance with 4X. Alleged APY is XXX%. Risk unknown.

Alpaca is an automated, DeFi auto-farming platform. There is one on ETH called Alpha, but it has not taken off, in part due to the ETH gas issue.

You make a deposit and select your leverage. The leverage is taken from coins lent on the platform.

That is used to buy you in on a liquidity pool. This gives you a share of trading fees on that pool, e.g. BNB-CAKE (trading fees below). I believe the yield farming refers to a reward token on the underlying liquidity pool, e.g. CAKE. You get an extra bonus of Alpaca rewards. The current borrowing rate is the interest you will pay for borrowing the leverage. Calculated in total this gives the "Total APR", and when they are compounded that gives you a "Total APY". In the case of below it would be 627.81% of your principal. Those are all variable.

Screenshot-20210420-232654.png

It comes with the normal risks of margin trading, though the platform takes steps to lessen the chance of liquidation.

Other than platform risk, there are two risks:

1) their is a dramatic change in the price of your pooled assets
2) the borrowing interest exceeds your farming interest

As you can pool stablecoin pairs, that means 1) is unlikely to happen.

fiasco360

Kingfisher
Margin trading is the path to getting rekt. Do not recommend
I started out on BitMex years ago and it was like a drug when you get the initial profits. Then all it takes is a bad day to wipe you out. Although I was leveraging 10-20x at this time like a degenerate gambler.

Recently I was leveraging on another exchange- around 1.5-3x but my issue was that my collateral was in the tokens I was longing so naturally as the value went down my liquidation point got higher and higher. If I had kept my collateral in USD or USDC/USDT I would have been fine - but I had to reduce my position size significantly to accommodate for that and ended up losing 5 figures in the matter of an hour. I didn't have immediate access to my PC so I couldn't place my stop loss all that well on mobile. Luckily the amount I lost was just a portion of previous profits made.

2-3x leverage is fine especially when your limit order is captured by dips and you aren't FOMO chasing a bullish/bearish run -but people need to make sure collateral is in USD variants, you have a stop loss set up and you pay attention to fees (both trading fees and funding fees while holding a position)

I'm at the point now though where it's a good idea to just drop 2-3k USD into small cap coins that have potential (or even meme ones) because at least a small amount will 10-20x and even if the rest don't you will come out with a lot of profit. Obviously not on margin here because of the volatility.

Mikeyd03

Robin
great day.

found out I got a couple air drops from last year.

>UNI
>FORTH

I think it would be a great idea if we mentioned future upcoming airdrops here on the forum as it has been a nice windfall.

airdrops.io is another resource.

Hey I could use some help with keepkey:

I've tried recovering my crypto by connecting my wallet on 2 different computers and 2 different browsers. The keepkey just won't connect to my computer.

I do have my seed password. Will entering that give me access to my crypto? I've been so busy I don't have time to jump through hoops to access my money.

Thanks for helping me out, I really appreciate it.

rainy

Kingfisher
I bought Doge in DEC knowing it was a joke but wanted to experiment with a hyped meme coin. Can’t believe I’ve actually made some good money from it.

Safemoon might be the next. Very early but the hype around it is growing quickly. And right now $100 gets you around 20M safemoon. I bought some as if it runs anything like Doge has my profits would be many many times more.

Unlike Doge, the safemoon supply lessens as coins get burned with each transaction.

fiasco360

Kingfisher
Anyone caught the Citadel activity? Speculation on it being a very serious cause for concern for the financial economy.

We all know the real and financial economies died in 08 and were kept alive till 2018/2019 where it began to fail again.

One such post;

I understand it could be a nothingburger but these people are evil and will cause major distractions to cover up their crimes and funnily enough the internal situation within many countries as a result of their lockdown script is doing just that. And lets not forget the possibilities of Ukraine.
Doubt reddit would allow this post to have 141k upvotes and it not be some kind of psyop.

Cervantes

Woodpecker
Hey I could use some help with keepkey:

I've tried recovering my crypto by connecting my wallet on 2 different computers and 2 different browsers. The keepkey just won't connect to my computer.

I do have my seed password. Will entering that give me access to my crypto? I've been so busy I don't have time to jump through hoops to access my money.

Thanks for helping me out, I really appreciate it.
The seed password lets you initialize a new keepkey into the state your current one is probably in now. So the only reason to use the seed password is if you lost or broke the current keepkey, or if you reset your current keepkey into factory state.

If you think your keepkey is broken somehow and unable to communicate with any computer, then I would buy another keepkey, initialize it with the seed password and try to use it.