Crypto lounge thread

RalphMalph

Woodpecker
Anyone else holding a few thousand DOGE? Whaddaya think, hodl or dump today? I'll probably hodl because what I've got still isn't a life changing amount of USD, but I sure see a lot of voices saying DOGE is a joke and pump and dump. It'll be interesting to see.
I'm dumping my $3.80 worth of DOGE before Friday. The smart speculators will dump this INFLATIONARY coin before the SNL broadcast this week. :squintlol:

The rates on loaning out crypto are crazy, seems too good to be true so it makes we worry it is. 7-10% interest, compared with a savings account which offers a fraction of a percent nowadays.
The reason is for things like BTC, it's expensive to buy enough to have on an exchange when a lot of people just buy and trade instead of taking the coins off to cold storage. The exchanges save money on custody, etc if they just rent the BTC rather than buy it, even at 10%

Deepdiver

Crow
Gold Member
The rates on loaning out crypto are crazy, seems too good to be true so it makes we worry it is. 7-10% interest, compared with a savings account which offers a fraction of a percent nowadays.
My research indicates that you are being paid for extreme counter party risk for these almost too good to be true high interest rates. More than a few instances of not being to get your staked or worse loaned cryptos back.

fireshark

Woodpecker
Orthodox Inquirer
Raydium user experience is a bit better. Picked up 20 RAY to stake and I'm hoping to get into the Mercurial Finance IDO, but I don't know when it starts. I see there is a MER presale on FTX on the 13th, so maybe it will start then? Need to be staking 7 days in advance for the snapshot.

Coja Petrus Uscan

Crow
Orthodox Inquirer
Gold Member

Those are the loaning rates that you get on Venus (XVS) and Aave. There are higher rates on more complex platforms and also on centralised platforms, overviewed here.

These rates are annual, including compound. They probably won't remain so high outside of a bull-market.

Some rates:

* the second number is the bonus of the platform token **

ACryptos - https://app.acryptos.com/

These are single asset vaults. These are lent out to people to gamble.

BUSD - 23% & 14.4%+
USDT - 24.3% & 10.6%+
DAI - 5.69% & 50%+
UDSC - 50.8% & 4.3%

These are two asset pools that are used as liquidity for exchanges (known as swaps). You put in an equal dollar denominated value of two coins and get get a about 0.3% (on average) of the exchange value. They are often supplamented with a platform token **

For assets that are stable in price, you get a stable, predictable return, e.g.

USDT-BUSD - 40.5% & 21.3%+

However when you deposit two tokens that are likely to shift in value, you can end up with less than you you would have by holding. For example if you deposit $1,000 worth of BNB and $1,000 worth of USDT and the price of BNB double to $2,000 - the USDT will still be worth $1,000; while your BNB amount will have shrunk as a result of people balancing the pool to $1 : $1 in the pooled tokens. But if you are conservative and scared of crypto, two asset pools are a good way to get very good returns (but less than holding crypto).

USDT-BNB - 55% & 55%+

** Platform tokens are essentially worthless. As we are in a bull market and heading to 10% real inflation, you want to be in pure crypto and not fiat. And as such people are hoarding platform tokens and re-depositing them from unrealistic yields. This will get ugly when winter comes, but for now, the gains will stack up.

AutoFarm Network - https://autofarm.network/

USDT-USDC-BUSD-DAI
- 62.2% & 8.2%
USDT-BUSD - 49.1%

N.B. that some of the rates may be platform tokens recycled back into the pool.

Beefy Finance is not loading ATM - https://app.beefy.finance/

I don't hold any, other than a few I got in a Doge-mania freebie. But Doge is getting the most mentions on Twitter right now. The down-tick at the end is due to not having all the data for the current day.

View attachment 30715

Bitcoin ahead on web-searches, which are more normie. One way of looking at that is the Twitter activity is ahead of the curve. When retail-normies really start piling in (I think it will be September, again) DOGE could charm them.

With top five, ten coins, the likelihood of them multiplying are probably more in the order of 3X. Most projections would have them in that range. There are a few in the top 50 that may be able to push for a top ten - Solana, maybe Theta which goes live next month, Terra, CAKE, FTT, AVAX.

I have taken the gamble of selling some top-tier coins. Sold half of BTC, which is down for BNB (up 50%); and sold LINK, which is also down, for Alpaca (up a few hundred %). ETH is getting a lot of press and making moves, but I will probably chip some of that off soon. The rewards are more likely to 10X+, while more likely to have more meager gains.

Solana and FTX have just duplicated the activity we saw on BNB earlier in the year, following the rise of PancakeSwap. In which BNB rallied, followed by a rally in its DeFi infrastructure. As mentioned Solana is weaker in its implementations, but strong as a blockchain. So that is where my selling down will go for now.

DOGE is a wildcard as it is fueled by memetic energy.

I don't hold any, other than a few I got in a Doge-mania freebie. But Doge is getting the most mentions on Twitter right now. The down-tick at the end is due to not having all the data for the current day.

View attachment 30715

Bitcoin ahead on web-searches, which are more normie. One way of looking at that is the Twitter activity is ahead of the curve. When retail-normies really start piling in (I think it will be September, again) DOGE could charm them.

With top five, ten coins, the likelihood of them multiplying are probably more in the order of 3X. Most projections would have them in that range. There are a few in the top 50 that may be able to push for a top ten - Solana, maybe Theta which goes live next month, Terra, CAKE, FTT, AVAX.

I have taken the gamble of selling some top-tier coins. Sold half of BTC, which is down for BNB (up 50%); and sold LINK, which is also down, for Alpaca (up a few hundred %). ETH is getting a lot of press and making moves, but I will probably chip some of that off soon. The rewards are more likely to 10X+, while more likely to have more meager gains.

Solana and FTX have just duplicated the activity we saw on BNB earlier in the year, following the rise of PancakeSwap. In which BNB rallied, followed by a rally in its DeFi infrastructure. As mentioned Solana is weaker in its implementations, but strong as a blockchain. So that is where my selling down will go for now.

DOGE is a wildcard as it is fueled by memetic energy.
Doge will be a dollar soon, i am positive about that, maybe the success of dogecoin might help fly soon meme coins to the moon:)

Penitent

Woodpecker
Orthodox
I mean more broadly. How will people start using it, and do you envisage it being used for general business purposes? If so, do you think it will be used by business to avoid taxes or pay taxes on XMR? Or will it be more of a grey-economy?
I was wondering myself how it will play out, but it seems to me in the long run there will only be a few winners in terms of currencies that actually become recognized and adopted for day to day use. Monero seems like a contender to become one of those currencies.
Whaddaya think, hodl or dump today?
I was actually wondering if there was some way to buy a put option on doge before Elon appears on SNL because it will likely take a dump, at least in the short run. I just don't know where or how that would be possible.

bucky

Ostrich
Remember to have a plan to take profits for alts. I bought some request network 3 years ago at ~0.10, felt like a genius when it was up at ~1.00 but it dropped like a rock and sat at ~0.01 for most of the last 2.5 years.

Its trading @ .15 again so clearly I am a genius because I'm beating the S&P over that time.
I feel like I'll be looking at my DOGE at around $0.20 in a few weeks and telling myself I should have listened to that powertower guy and everyone else. Yet still I hodl.

fokm

Woodpecker
Gold Member
If you have a Gemini account you can trade DOGE free for one week only.

This in theory should fuel a (very) short-term rise.

Nate_Drake

Sparrow
What's the sentiment on how long the bull run lasts? Seems that everyone that got in early 2020 is ready to take profits (can't blame them) yet we seem to be on a collision course with inflation once all of the free lunches from covid runout. If anything causes a super cycle how about inflation plus a real estate crash in urban areas?

Coja Petrus Uscan

Crow
Orthodox Inquirer
Gold Member
What's the sentiment on how long the bull run lasts? Seems that everyone that got in early 2020 is ready to take profits (can't blame them) yet we seem to be on a collision course with inflation once all of the free lunches from covid runout. If anything causes a super cycle how about inflation plus a real estate crash in urban areas?

We are on about a one month delay on the bull-moves of 2017. So my projection is to Jan 2022. I began buying in Jan 2020 based on the bull cycle and it has served as a good measure so far - down to the indication that we would see a large fall in BTC dominance now.

As some have mentioned, one wildcard is the devaluation of the US dollar and other fiat currency. As Harry Dent has noted, he had only just got up to date with the new financial landscape, in which markets are driven by central bank policy and not economic fundamentals or even speculation. I am fairly convinced that the powers that be will do whatever they can to stave off recession. This could go on for years. If you told any financial person 20 years ago what central banks would be up to today, they would think you were smoking pot. Now the same people are demanding financial and economic clown world to keep getting ridiculous gains. But at the same time there could be a black swan crash; and it is not apparent what effect that would have.

Me feeling is that a stock crash is bad for crypto, at least initially. While currency worry and big inflation will probably be bullish for crypto. It is hard to see where gold and commodities fit into the picture.

I also lean to thinking that currency devaluation will lend to drawing out the bull-cycle. If there is 10%+ real dollar inflation, it is hard to see where would shift to, other than maybe gold tokens and backed, tokenised financial products on FTX - like VanEck Junior Miners, SLV.

There is no sign this is going bear. All social, search metrics are sideways. I don't think it's anywhere near the top. It will depend on how much corporate money can be pulled in, which will be very good news. Why would these corps wants to hold billions of -10% return USD? The word is that the corporate onboarding is picking up. At the moment I am feeling the cap will head towards $8T. Of top coins I think there will be good moves for CAKE, FTT, LUNA, SOL, maybe MATIC and AVAX, FTM. Lower cap: XVS, RAY, SRM.

Please post if you are able to successfully get your coins back. I might sell half to get my original investment back.

I've been told I'll get them back. But it's been nearly 40 days since they vapourised. They are scheduled to release on BSC and PancakeSwap in June, with subsidised liquidity pools. I would wait and see what action that brings to decide on the future of that hold.

Last edited: