Crypto lounge thread

Deepdiver

Crow
Gold Member
whats the best deskop wallet for keeping btc on my laptop?
Trezor via the Trezor App on Win10 for BTC, BCH, LTC, ETH etc

Last edited:

Stats

Woodpecker
Trezor via the Trezor App on Win10 for BTC, BCH, LTC, ETH etc

i dont want a hardware wallet just need to move stuff off my phone asap. so free software wallet that can on a laptop

bucky

Ostrich
I notice that both ETH and ADA are surging lately. Is this a "two cryptos enter, one crypto leaves" type of situation, or could both have a long term future? Asking mainly because I follow a Cardano group a little bit and they seem to frame themselves as in competition with Ethereum.

bucky

Ostrich
ADA has like 3 developers, ETH has 2200, you decide.

Short term ADA could outperform, long term ADA goes to 0.
Thanks, I've heard that before, that number of developers is a major factor. I'll have to ask the ADA fanatics their opinion about that for a counterpoint.

"Long term ADA goes to 0" brings up another point I've been wondering about. That is, 5, 10, 20 years in the future are we going to see most of the cryptos that are in the top 25 or so now go to zero in value, or are they going to linger around to different degrees, perhaps because they each have different functions? I'm too new to this to have any idea.

Deepdiver

Crow
Gold Member
One of the reasons I sold all my Cardano after a 33X run is despite having great respect for their PhDs peer reviewed technology papers like the Quantum Resistant Cryptography paper etc - I came to realize that they are more of a Slush Fund for PhD Tech Research "Grants" a Crypto Projects Grant Factory if you will - whereas ETH and BnB are the two dominant DeFi and NFT blockchains and NFTs are a transformative disruptive technology with Huge Innovation in process... Can't name a major DeFi or NFT project running on the Cardano-ADA blockchain so EOS and ADA propaganda about being the next Ethereum or in EOS case the ETH killer is total B.S. ETH and BNB are the Gold and Silver of Smart Contract Blockchains with the most adoption and innovation - I like ADA tech better but they are focused on their research without the entrepreneurial drive to compete for mass adoption of their tech vs ETH and BNB which is why ETH and BNB going parabolic and ADA and EOS have S curve plateaued versus Hockey Sticking.

Coja Petrus Uscan

Hummingbird
Gold Member
Do ETH hodlers plan to try and time the dip or just keep hodling for the near future?
Screenshot at 2021-05-10 02-42-09.png

When BTC started tipping down heavily on dominance, I began thinking about dumping all ETH and BTC for CAKE. Would have been a good move as CAKE is 4X since then, despite ETH's good run. Only chiseled off a hunk of BTC for BNB to pool with.

I believe we will continue to see BTC make a dive with ETH, BNB and [other] rising. ETH is close to 50% of BTC's cap now. My guess is ETH will not flip BTC. But I think the MSM, normie, legacy finance buzz still has a good push in the next weeks for ETH. These people are years behind the curve (buying ETH now). New smart money is chiseling off hunks for new, green pastures.

I am on the lookout for bigger possible risers than going from position 2 to position 1. I am looking at 20-50 to >= 10 and 100-300 to >= 50 moves. There are a lot of decent DeFi projects on BSC, but few are likely to hit to top 50. It has got to be something more substantial.

For now I will hold ETH longer as I think it's a safe bet that will have solid gains. If something takes my eye later in the year I can start chipping bits off.

I got into this party WAY WAY WAYYYY too late, but I wanted to chime in and say that I appreciate all your guys input as some of you guys here are basically giving tickets to the million dollar clubs for free based on some reading further back in the thread

If only we would've listened when it mattered

anyway, keep up the good work and sorry for the spam post

fireshark

Robin
If anyone is interested in whitelisting for Solanuim please consider using my ref link. https://solanium.io/?code=cCYZYuU5
(just gives me 1 more ticket for the lottery)

More info: (they are working on making the UI usability really high, that's great for the SOL ecosystem)
The Solanium platform is a decentralized platform on the Solana blockchain. The platform will introduce decentralized fundraising, time-weighted token staking and governance voting to the Solana ecosystem.

We are giving high priority to both UI and UX, as we think good UI is one of the core principles that are currently lacking or not prioritized in the ecosystem. We feel that this is one of the most important factors to onboard new(bie) users to the Solana ecosystem.

The platform will be an all-in-one solution for Solana, with integrated wallet, DEX and transaction management. All major Solana wallets will be supported. The platform will extend any connected wallet with inline wallet management. The user does not have to leave the platform to see token balances, send or receive tokens or manage token accounts. Experienced users can still manage their wallet through their wallet provider, and any changes will directly be reflected on the platform.

Do ETH hodlers plan to try and time the dip or just keep hodling for the near future?
With how fast ETH and some of the Alts are rising, it's starting to feel like it's December 2017 again. Of course, past does not predict future, and there may be months of this bull run or longer. Keep in mind, Eth was trading at $100-$200 a year ago, and now it is close to $4,000. I won't give any advice, but I think personally right now and the next 2-3 months are a good and safe time to take profits unless one wants to wait 3-5 years for another cycle. This is assuming the 4 year cycle trend continues, which it may not.

bucky

Ostrich
With how fast ETH and some of the Alts are rising, it's starting to feel like it's December 2017 again. Of course, past does not predict future, and there may be months of this bull run or longer. Keep in mind, Eth was trading at $100-$200 a year ago, and now it is close to $4,000. I won't give any advice, but I think personally right now and the next 2-3 months are a good and safe time to take profits unless one wants to wait 3-5 years for another cycle. This is assuming the 4 year cycle trend continues, which it may not.
I agree it feels a lot like 2017, but I was thinking maybe it's different this time because of the stimulus payments and what they'll do to the USD. That's why I finally found the motivation to get off my butt and actually buy some crypto a few months ago. Crypto seems to be proving itself a better alternative than gold and silver for hedging against inflation at at the moment, although who knows where we'll really be in a year.