Crypto lounge thread

Knight.of.Logos

Woodpecker
Orthodox Catechumen
I agree it feels a lot like 2017, but I was thinking maybe it's different this time because of the stimulus payments and what they'll do to the USD. That's why I finally found the motivation to get off my butt and actually buy some crypto a few months ago. Crypto seems to be proving itself a better alternative than gold and silver for hedging against inflation at at the moment, although who knows where we'll really be in a year.
You are right, the situation is different now. I think whenever the crash/correction comes, whether that is in a few months or sometime next year, I think it won't be nearly as dramatic as 2017. I plan on holding 80%+ of my assets at least 5 more years or so, but I am trying to time this bull run so I can get some profits in the next year, in case it does crash again and I missed out on taking profits at a good time.

I think there’s just more shiny things that will keep peoples’ money in the ecosystem for longer, and even long term.

More shitcoins to swap and gamble on. More ways to use DEFI to farm, pool, etc where you can actually turn crypto into a cashflow.

The USD inflation narrative, although imo less true than many here think, is like the icing on the cake that turbocharged the crypto world.

Today, i sold some of my underperforming assets for litecoin, i believe litecoin has a great future.

I see bitcoin as gold, ethereum as diamond or platinum and litecoin as silver :)

I think there’s just more shiny things that will keep peoples’ money in the ecosystem for longer, and even long term.

More shitcoins to swap and gamble on. More ways to use DEFI to farm, pool, etc where you can actually turn crypto into a cashflow.

The USD inflation narrative, although imo less true than many here think, is like the icing on the cake that turbocharged the crypto world.
I believe the profits people will make from some shitcoins will help shoot up the prices of some good projects. I.e they will use their profits from shitcoins to reinvest in some good projects which in return will shoot up their prices.

Kieran

Pelican
Gold Member
A lot of people are bullish on LTC at the moment thinking it's going to pump soon. I'm tempted to buy in now. Any other input from people here would be appreciated.

I was also reading how ETC is going to become one of the most profitable coins to mine because of the ETH updates. I thought the pump was purely due to people confusing it for ETH or because of it being on Robinhood, and that it's pretty much a dead coin with no development. Anyone know more?

fireshark

Woodpecker
Orthodox Inquirer
ETH miners are looking for their next thing. I don't think it's really decided at this point. I would expect some seemingly random coins to pump until they settle on something.

Small time GPU miners may just get out altogether sooner or later.

Deepdiver

Crow
Gold Member
What's the sentiment on how long the bull run lasts? Seems that everyone that got in early 2020 is ready to take profits (can't blame them) yet we seem to be on a collision course with inflation once all of the free lunches from covid runout. If anything causes a super cycle how about inflation plus a real estate crash in urban areas?
Diesel/NatGaz/Gasoline goes up, Taxes go up, inflation hits 20% on shadowstats.com, Cryptos moon ETH to 10K+ due to DeFi and NFTs boom and well BTC which is in a B wave Top Turn on the 50 DMA to the C target 200 DMA we complete a larger Primary Wave (Decade timeframe) 1 (the 5 Wave is the larger Primary 1 and Primary 2 = the ABC move so to answer your question move my 0-1-2 Waves 3 data points Fibonacci Extension tool to 0 start of Primary Wave 1 to Primary Wave 1 Top and C target on the 200 DMA and tell us where the 1.618, 2.618, 3.618 and 4.236 targets are - keep in mind a Super Cycle is a Century Time Frame so we need 9 more decades of data for a Super Cycle to play out - where will BTC be in 90 years?

Todays BTC Chart B high hit the Pitchfork RMS Mid red line 3 times and has now retraced to the 9-20-50 Resistance Convergence - next a slight bounce on the Orange 100 then down to the .5 Fib Red 200 DMA near the end of May... So use the Tradingview Fibonacci 3 data points Fib Extension on wave 1 zero start to ATH Wave 5 down to C Target and you will have your new Primary 1 and 2 waves extension... Primary Wave 3 will be a moonshot at 1.618 times Primary wave 1 (1-5 on the Chart) near the end of 2021. Add 1.618 Times Primary 1 to Primary 2 C leg target. Do the math ;-)

1620672656602.png

Last edited:

bucky

Ostrich
Diesel/NatGaz/Gasoline goes up, Taxes go up, inflation hits 20% on shadowstats.com, Cryptos moon ETH to 10K+ due to DeFi and NFTs boom and well BTC which is in a B wave Top Turn on the 50 DMA to the C target 200 DMA we complete a larger Primary Wave (Decade timeframe) 1 (the 5 Wave is the larger Primary 1 and Primary 2 = the ABC move so to answer your question move my 0-1-2 Waves 3 data points Fibonacci Extension tool to 0 start of Primary Wave 1 to Primary Wave 1 Top and C target on the 200 DMA and tell us where the 1.618, 2.618, 3.618 and 4.236 targets are - keep in mind a Super Cycle is a Century Time Frame so we need 9 more decades of data for a Super Cycle to play out - where will BTC be in 90 years?

Todays BTC Chart B high hit the Pitchfork RMS Mid red line 3 times and has now retraced to the 9-20-50 Resistance Convergence - next a slight bounce on the Orange 100 then down to the .5 Fib Red 200 DMA near the end of May... So use the Tradingview Fibonacci 3 data points Fib Extension on wave 1 zero start to ATH Wave 5 down to C Target and you will have your new Primary 1 and 2 waves extension... Primary Wave 3 will be a moonshot at 1.618 times Primary wave 1 (1-5 on the Chart) near the end of 2021. Do the math ;-)

View attachment 30826
Um...so = hodl?

iop890

Peacock
Orthodox Catechumen
Gold Member
Went all in on ETH at ~2450 and still hodling for now. I don't really know what I'm doing but I like when number go up.

@Deepdiver Do you still see ~4200(we're basically there now) as the target for ETH, with a dip happening over the next week? Or do think it will keep rising?

Penitent

Woodpecker
Orthodox
A lot of people are bullish on LTC at the moment thinking it's going to pump soon. I'm tempted to buy in now. Any other input from people here would be appreciated.
LTC could be overbought at the moment, might want to wait a few weeks and buy the dip if you like Litecoin:

Deepdiver

Crow
Gold Member
Went all in on ETH at ~2450 and still hodling for now. I don't really know what I'm doing but I like when number go up.

@Deepdiver Do you still see ~4200(we're basically there now) as the target for ETH, with a dip happening over the next week? Or do think it will keep rising?
LTC is a BTC Follower... The ETH Fib Extension left graph 1.618 = 4240 so that is current impulsing wave 3 1.618 times wave 1 Target...
1620676416090.png

Coja Petrus Uscan

Crow
Orthodox Inquirer
Gold Member
Jamie Dimon bidding up the gas prices for his $1T AUM of late-money o_O

Screenshot at 2021-05-10 23-47-09.png

Gas prices are spiking big right now. The last times gas prices spiked like this (23 Feb & 20 Apr) the coincided with corrections. For the former, at the same time; preceding the latter. Everything is correcting big right now, ETH is lagging.

Will be picking up fresh coins tomorrow.

2017 vs 2021 trends.

Screenshot at 2021-05-11 00-13-37.png

Screenshot at 2021-05-11 00-15-16.png

As mentioned we are about a one month lag behind generally following 2017's patterns. Looks like it's time for this ETH play to flip over to alts.

Last edited:

Deepdiver

Crow
Gold Member
Jamie Dimon bidding up the gas prices for his $1T AUM of late-money o_O

View attachment 30828

Gas prices are spiking big right now. The last times gas prices spiked like this (23 Feb & 20 Apr) the coincided with corrections. For the former, at the same time; preceding the latter. Everything is correcting big right now, ETH is lagging.

Will be picking up fresh coins tomorrow.

2017 vs 2021 trends.

View attachment 30829

View attachment 30830

As mentioned we are about a one month lag behind generally following 2017's patterns. Looks like it's time for this ETH play to flip over to alts.
Or short CME ETH futures at the top target for the wave 4 ETH retrace...

Blade Runner

Ostrich
Orthodox
You are right, the situation is different now. I think whenever the crash/correction comes, whether that is in a few months or sometime next year, I think it won't be nearly as dramatic as 2017. I plan on holding 80%+ of my assets at least 5 more years or so, but I am trying to time this bull run so I can get some profits in the next year, in case it does crash again and I missed out on taking profits at a good time.
It'll be closer to the standard set so far, I say it fulfills what Woo says it will. Sky towards August, keep going up hard into the close of the year, and then start taking steps back in Q1 2022, as predicted. Unless some big quake hits all financial worlds. Who knows, but I don't see that until 2022-23.