Crypto lounge thread

The vaults (single-assets) are based on lending and are boosted with farm tokens, which will be worth something as long as the market holds up.

The dual or more asset pools are based on accruing trading fees (and staking fees). If you are using farming they use the farm reward to buy more of the pool tokens, which is where a lot of the high APYs come from.

You can see by the non-fluffed pool rates on Raydium that high rates are realisable - https://raydium.io/pools/

The rates are up to 55% on crypto-stable pairs and 14% on stable-stable pairs.

Those may be boosted in farms of fusion, a little tipple for early-adopters.

In short, a lot of the bankster cream they sluff in their closed system is being handed over to the little guy; and even on the completely reality-based options the rates are quite nice and sound.

The risk are attacks, of which there have been few. The biggest risk has been depositing into fake platforms that get pulled.

I can't say which the most solid is overall. I have avoided the ones with poorer hallmarks though.

For something on BSC, it would be good to see it on Binance, who have vetted them - that is Beefy, Auto and Bake.

I use Beefy, which I like as it has no ponzi tokens and no stupid fees (like AUTO). I also use Acryptos and was using AutoFarm. The best ETH vaults in terms or rates have been Acryptos and Beefy. This required to switch your BTC to Binance pegged BTC.

For Solana - Raydium.

For ETH - Uniswap and 1Inch.

There will probably be a multi-billion dollar blow up at some point, but so far there has been virtually nothing. Mitigate it by spreading between chains and farms. I also use some centralised lending platforms.

The high interest rates are real 1) as an early adopter; who 2) sells when this pops and reality kicks in. Crypto is mostly stupid and bares little to sound economics, but it will get there. There will be the opportunity the make it big from DeFi, as there was on BTC and ETH.

When one day this all calms down and is based on real economics, Joe Schmo will still be able to use his assets for liquidity, but the rates will likely be between 2-10% above real inflation. While now this is all being creamed by the gated-usury system.
Thank you for writing that informative post.

I am interested in DeFi, though I don't know a whole lot about it. I am guessing it will be like altcoins -- there will be ones that perform great, but many will go bust. Although I did not get into ETH super early, I got into it at a point where it was not too well known, but it had lots of momentum, support, and a large development team behind it. Has there been any DeFi platforms that are emerging and look good, in your view, similar to ETH in 2016-17? Raydium does sound good, but what would make it better than one of the many other DeFi platforms? I haven't done a ton of research, but to me many of them look very similar.

fokm

Woodpecker
Gold Member
If you'd been earning interest on ETH since about Jan 2020, you'd have more in interest than your principle.

The key thing with these for next season is to get in near the bottom and put in three years of compound interest.
Can you please expound on exactly how to do this with an example?

I would assume that, for instance, ETH is near the bottom right now if I were looking at a 2-3 year time span.

Coja Petrus Uscan

Hummingbird
Gold Member
Can you please expound on exactly how to do this with an example?

I would assume that, for instance, ETH is near the bottom right now if I were looking at a 2-3 year time span.

I was using Crypto.com initially, which was one of the earliest centralised platforms to offer stable rates in crypto.

If you have their one of their second tier cards there is 5.5% and 6% APR on ETH and BTC respectively, when using a three month deposit. You could also use Nexo with at least 10% of your balance in NEXO to get 6% and no term. It seems if you put it in for a 1 month term they give you 7% per year. I have listed other platforms before - search the forms for [Youholder].

So let's say you bought 200 ETH at $120 in March 2020. That is $24,000. Then you split to DeFi to net you 10% interest to date. ETH went to $4K. So the principal is now $800,000 and the interest $80,000; almost 4X the principal.

Coja Petrus Uscan

Hummingbird
Gold Member

I am interested in DeFi, though I don't know a whole lot about it. I am guessing it will be like altcoins -- there will be ones that perform great, but many will go bust. Although I did not get into ETH super early, I got into it at a point where it was not too well known, but it had lots of momentum, support, and a large development team behind it. Has there been any DeFi platforms that are emerging and look good, in your view, similar to ETH in 2016-17? Raydium does sound good, but what would make it better than one of the many other DeFi platforms? I haven't done a ton of research, but to me many of them look very similar.

For Raydium, search the forum for it. There are about 20 posts covering it. The main thing that sets SOL apart is it has order-book DEXs, while the others are based on liquidity pools. The issue with liquidity pools is it is better to just hold the coins much of the time.

I would say it has already emerged. UNI has been in the top 10. CAKE has been at position 20. There about 10-15 DeFi projects in the top 100.

I doubt UNI will move too much. The ship has sailed with that. It's like LINK, just moving with the market. The DeFi gold rush is mostly over. It is just a question of what movements there will be on other chains - RAY, QUICK in particular.

There is also a thread: https://www.rooshvforum.com/threads/the-decentralized-finance-defi-thread.38655/

The Beast1

Peacock
Gold Member

Back in January of 2009, I read the blockchain white paper and thought of it as an interesting solution to a problem no one was having... yet. I viewed bitcoin as stupid.

I still hold this opinion. Bitcoin is a proof of concept that has been co-opted and become a frankenstein for the TPBP. In other words, bitcoin is dial-up and Coinbase is AOL. AKA Crypto 1.0.

DeFi, on the other hand, is Crypto 2.0. Imagine, NFTs of real bonafide, "shares" of actual productive companies. DeFi will DESTROY Wall Street and high finance. It removes the air from lower Manhattan and eliminates all of the fees Wall Street uses to survive.

This is the real power of blockchain and what I believe Satoshi intended to have happen.

The problem is that Crypto space is filled with lolbertarian nerds who feel the need to buck against entities like the SEC instead of working within their frameworks they already have (very few finance people are involved at this moment in time, though it's changing fast). The LBRY fiasco especially makes me face palm. The regulatory bodies have low cost and easy legal mechanisms in place that crypto companies can use to make themselves legal. It's trivially easy to register an SEC Form D and it is possible for these companies to do a Direct Public Offering utilizing crypto to legally open up their crypto startups to non-accredited investors. BAM! Totally legal crypto! If scam penny stocks can make themselves legal in the eyes of the SEC then so can Crypto.

Wall Street has been at the helm of every industries creative destruction. It's now time for Wall Street to get its own treatment. That is what DeFi is.

What coins are big now may ultimately not be the players in Crypto 2.0. Look for alt coins with a significant corporate presence. Though, I don't see these appreciating the same way the ETH and BTC have.

Back in January of 2009, I read the blockchain white paper and thought of it as an interesting solution to a problem no one was having... yet. I viewed bitcoin as stupid.

I still hold this opinion. Bitcoin is a proof of concept that has been co-opted and become a frankenstein for the TPBP. In other words, bitcoin is dial-up and Coinbase is AOL. AKA Crypto 1.0.

DeFi, on the other hand, is Crypto 2.0. Imagine, NFTs of real bonafide, "shares" of actual productive companies. DeFi will DESTROY Wall Street and high finance. It removes the air from lower Manhattan and eliminates all of the fees Wall Street uses to survive.

This is the real power of blockchain and what I believe Satoshi intended to have happen.

The problem is that Crypto space is filled with lolbertarian nerds who feel the need to buck against entities like the SEC instead of working within their frameworks they already have (very few finance people are involved at this moment in time, though it's changing fast). The LBRY fiasco especially makes me face palm. The regulatory bodies have low cost and easy legal mechanisms in place that crypto companies can use to make themselves legal. It's trivially easy to register an SEC Form D and it is possible for these companies to do a Direct Public Offering utilizing crypto to legally open up their crypto startups to non-accredited investors. BAM! Totally legal crypto! If scam penny stocks can make themselves legal in the eyes of the SEC then so can Crypto.

Wall Street has been at the helm of every industries creative destruction. It's now time for Wall Street to get its own treatment. That is what DeFi is.

What coins are big now may ultimately not be the players in Crypto 2.0. Look for alt coins with a significant corporate presence. Though, I don't see these appreciating the same way the ETH and BTC have.
You’re either two months too late for April Fool’s Day or this is a Black History Month monologue on how the merchants plan on keeping everyone eternally enslaved. Good luck to you.

Defi can't destroy wallstreet.

Wallstreet is part of defi and regulations is the tools wallstreet use to put people in line.

If you had to just get one or two DeFi tokens, which would you get? I am strongly considering putting down a small investment on some. It does seem very promising, I just haven't had time to delve into it the same way I looked into Ethereum and altcoins in 2017. I don't think it will "destroy Wall Street", but I can understand the enthusiasm for it.

The Beast1

Peacock
Gold Member
If you had to just get one or two DeFi tokens, which would you get? I am strongly considering putting down a small investment on some. It does seem very promising, I just haven't had time to delve into it the same way I looked into Ethereum and altcoins in 2017. I don't think it will "destroy Wall Street", but I can understand the enthusiasm for it.
The tokens that I like are being used to power services(what I'd actually invest in). Looking at their prices, they haven't appreciated much and I don't expect them to because that would defeat their utility.

Think of it this way, prior to crypto being a thing would you invest your fiat by switching to other fiat (in the forex markets) and keep it there ? No, you'd invest in a bonafide asset like a business, property, or PMs priced in that fiat or what not.

The two tokens im interested in are nexo and hbar. I'd only hold nexo and do so in their dividends paying account.

Crypto is so new that its utility is still being figured out. I believe DeFi is that utility and is how crypto will suck the wind out of wall street

The regulations that make crypto defi viable are easy and accessible for every one. Again, nerds with zero finance backgrounds. This will change over the next few years as real finance types hop into the defi show.

Deepdiver

Crow
Gold Member
ETH is showing quite a bit more resilience than BTC at the moment which is building support between the BTC 9 DMA and the BTC 20 DMA. I chalk it up to the many ERC20 Tokens, many ETH Blockchain DeFi and NFT projects... building organic ETH demand.

ETH tested the 200 Red DMA (Daily Moving Average) but not quite hitting the 200 RED DMA on its .618 Retrace of the Primary Wave 1 Up at its recent ATHs then reaching its .618 retrace recent swing low. Now ETH after oscillating the purple 100 DMA has closed above the Green 9 DMA and the Blue 20 DMA hitting resistance at the 50 Gold DMA. Once we close above the 50 DMA ETH will sine wave the 50 Back up in fractal wave degrees testing the various Fibonacci Extension targets in the Graph with the now major Wave 3 impulsing wave up to the most probable Fibonacci Extension target of 1.618 at $8,600 later this year or early 2022.

Gentlemen this is the ETH DIP.

1622835836637.png

Last edited:
ETH is showing quite a bit more resilience than BTC at the moment which is building support between the BTC 9 DMA and the BTC 20 DMA. I chalk it up to the many ERC20 Tokens, many ETH Blockchain DeFi and NFT projects... building organic ETH demand.

ETH tested the 200 Red DMA (Daily Moving Average) but not quite hitting the 200 RED DMA on its .618 Retrace of the Primary Wave 1 Up at its recent ATHs then reaching its .618 retrace recent swing low. Now ETH after oscillating the purple 100 DMA has closed above the Green 9 DMA and the Blue 20 DMA hitting resistance at the 50 Gold DMA. Once we close above the 50 DMA ETH will sine wave the 50 Back up in fractal wave degrees testing the various Fibonacci Extension targets in the Graph with the now major Wave 3 impulsing wave up to the most probable Fibonacci Extension target of 1.618 at $8,600 later this year or early 2022.

View attachment 31311

If it wasn't for Bitcoin I think ETH would have broke above the W it was making with a target of 4k USD. I foolishly gambled a long on ETH around 1800 and currently losing. The other thing is... it may be an ETH dip but it can be an ETH crash if BTC falls if you are trading against USD and not BTC.

bucky

Ostrich

View attachment 31311

If I understood correctly, you're predicting ETH will go up over 3x by the end of the year or early next year. Would you say ETH looks more promising than BTC during that timeframe?

SlickyBoy

Hummingbird

Uniswap is far and away the leader in the Defi platforms. Huge backers behind it; that token will do very well. I'd grab some of their tokens while it's relatively cheap. I don't know anything about Raydium.