Dating in a pandemic

TexasJenn

Robin
Woman
A couple weeks ago I got on a dating site. My profile makes it 100% clear I'm looking for a Godly man and nothing less will do. All the men who've messaged me have been respectful except one guy, whom I blocked when he made sexual innuendo.

I had a great phone call last night with someone from the site. He seems like a good guy - Christian, actively involved in his church, volunteers, sweet, smart and reflective, family-oriented, similar life goals... but he got the jab. Does this mean he may now possibly be sterile, unable to father children? He asked if I'd like to go on a date. But I'm worried about this. I told him a soft version of my concerns, said I'll have to do some reflecting before we have a chat about Covid and our interpretations. What a bummer.

He's already gotten the shot, so it seems impolite to tell him he may end up sterile or with other complications. I guess I'll just have to find a way to express my views in a soft way.

He just texted me this morning telling me how much he enjoyed talking, how at ease he felt. We clicked very well, conversation flowed effortlessly, could have talked all night. I guess from now on I'll have to ask where a man stands on all this before I give him my number. As for him, I'm not exactly sure what to do. I can offer to be friends, but the fact is I'm not interested in hanging out with a new person if they've been vaccinated, and I generally don't have men as friends, anyway.

On one hand, I think this makes it harder to find a suitable match. On the other, I think it just makes it clearer upfront whether or not we're aligned in our thinking.

(I posted about this in the vaccine thread, but thought it wouldn't hurt to start a thread about the topic.)

Ah_Tibor

Woodpecker
Woman
There's all kinds of factors that go into choosing a spouse. Some of them may even seem inconsequential, but they're not.

My husband has always been a "gamer," and he likes some aspects of nerd culture. It gave me some pause when were dating, and it still comes up as a married couple. He goes to bed too late, his eyes hurt, and he has few other hobbies.

He's realizing now, at 33 and trying to break out of the white-collar job he's had for almost ten years, that he doesn't have a lot of skills. He has interests, talents, a good work ethic, etc-- but it's hitting him hard how much time he's devoted to garbage. But I knew he was going to end up here eventually.

This wasn't my line in the sand when we were dating, though. I think accepting the vaccine has a whole host of other considerations. You'll probably be thought of as crazy, he's probably easily swayed by others, maybe his family is overbearing. Who knows, really? Maybe ask him about his motivations.

Anyway, just be honest. Stuff that bothers you now will still bother you later. And this one could have physical consequences. We don't know how but we do know why.

TexasJenn

Robin
Woman
I think accepting the vaccine has a whole host of other considerations. You'll probably be thought of as crazy, he's probably easily swayed by others, maybe his family is overbearing. Who knows, really? Maybe ask him about his motivations.

Anyway, just be honest. Stuff that bothers you now will still bother you later. And this one could have physical consequences. We don't know how but we do know why.
My main concern is the potential side effects, including damaging his fertility. There are numerous elements in the modern world that can negatively impact fertility, but voluntarily getting injected with experimental gene therapy seems like one of the more threatening.

Of course, it's likely we won't have meaningful data on this for years, if ever. But every cell in my body has been telling me loud and clear all along to avoid the vaccine for these risks. My close friends and family feel the same way. And with all the shedding stories, I'm intentionally avoiding vaccinated people unless contact is necessary. My intuition is saying my chances for future success creating a healthy, happy family are higher with a man who is not vaccinated, like me. So this is one more thing I'll need to screen for up front.

I will ask him what his rationale for getting the vaccine was. I don't think he'll react too badly. We had a long conversation on numerous topics last night, and he strikes me as very open-minded and level-headed. I'll also be sure to state my views in a way that's respectful of the decision he's made, while also clear about my stance.

Feyoder

Kingfisher
I will ask him what his rationale for getting the vaccine was

Good idea. He might have been forced by work or maybe he's in the military.

Otherwise, I can't really understand how a reliable, trustworthy person can get this poison injected in themselves. You need to be completely immersed in the media created reality--which is a huge problem in and of itself. How can you rely on a captain to steer the ship if his orders are coming from fox news or some other globalist mouth piece.

Genevieve

Chicken
Woman
Kind of a difficult situation because of the timing, but as you said it makes things more clear. It seems to me that you would want to find a suitor relatively quickly, especially during these times, but you also want to keep the prospect of having children open as well. Since he is Christian, maybe you want to bring up the fact that getting the vaccine poses a moral/ethical dilemma due to the use of aborted fetal cells in the research and development, in a soft way as you said. I personally would not take my chances as infertility is a tough cross to bear as a couple. Just my two cents, forgive me as this does seem to be a delicate matter.

TexasJenn

Robin
Woman
Otherwise, I can't really understand how a reliable, trustworthy person can get this poison injected in themselves. You need to be completely immersed in the media created reality--which is a huge problem in and of itself. How can you rely on a captain to steer the ship if his orders are coming from fox news or some other globalist mouth piece.
I feel the same way. But an old friend of mine who's one of the smartest, most free-thinking people I know got the vaccine for her and her family and said she has no worries about it. I was very surprised, but it goes to show that not all who get the vaccine are the crowd-following types.

This man describes himself as a conservative Christian, seems intelligent. If I had to guess why he did it, it was probably with the goal to protect others around him. He has a big family, leads a number of ministry groups at his church, and volunteers regularly.
I personally would not take my chances as infertility is a tough cross to bear as a couple.
This is how I feel, too. There are enough forces working against God-fearing couples who hope to create a family. I don't need to sign up for more voluntarily.

My mistake was having a long, enjoyable conversation before broaching this topic. At the very end, I brought it up and he told me he had gotten the shot. In my mind I heard a record needle scratch. So disappointing. Oh, well. Live and learn. Surely there are some great, upstanding men out there who are avoiding the vaccine like the plague as I am.

I think I'll probably ask if he wants to stay in touch and see how this situation plays out. Maybe it won't be as bad as I think. It's really too early to tell how this is all going to go.

Vigilant

Kingfisher
Woman
A couple weeks ago I got on a dating site. My profile makes it 100% clear I'm looking for a Godly man and nothing less will do. All the men who've messaged me have been respectful except one guy, whom I blocked when he made sexual innuendo.

I had a great phone call last night with someone from the site. He seems like a good guy - Christian, actively involved in his church, volunteers, sweet, smart and reflective, family-oriented, similar life goals... but he got the jab. Does this mean he may now possibly be sterile, unable to father children? He asked if I'd like to go on a date. But I'm worried about this. I told him a soft version of my concerns, said I'll have to do some reflecting before we have a chat about Covid and our interpretations. What a bummer.

He's already gotten the shot, so it seems impolite to tell him he may end up sterile or with other complications. I guess I'll just have to find a way to express my views in a soft way.

He just texted me this morning telling me how much he enjoyed talking, how at ease he felt. We clicked very well, conversation flowed effortlessly, could have talked all night. I guess from now on I'll have to ask where a man stands on all this before I give him my number. As for him, I'm not exactly sure what to do. I can offer to be friends, but the fact is I'm not interested in hanging out with a new person if they've been vaccinated, and I generally don't have men as friends, anyway.

On one hand, I think this makes it harder to find a suitable match. On the other, I think it just makes it clearer upfront whether or not we're aligned in our thinking.

(I posted about this in the vaccine thread, but thought it wouldn't hurt to start a thread about the topic.)
Oh my! You've given me more criteria. I am always thankful to God for ways to narrow down a potential spouse. One being their eschatology. I hadn't even thought about the jab!

FactusIRX

Kingfisher
I would ask him why he got the vaccine and his general viewpoint on COVID. Even if he believes in it, see if he’s open to changing his mind, or if he’s a cult member.

As for the vaccine making you sterile, there’s no indication it makes everyone who gets it sterile.

byzfash

Pigeon
Woman
There's all kinds of factors that go into choosing a spouse. Some of them may even seem inconsequential, but they're not.

My husband has always been a "gamer," and he likes some aspects of nerd culture. It gave me some pause when were dating, and it still comes up as a married couple. He goes to bed too late, his eyes hurt, and he has few other hobbies.

He's realizing now, at 33 and trying to break out of the white-collar job he's had for almost ten years, that he doesn't have a lot of skills. He has interests, talents, a good work ethic, etc-- but it's hitting him hard how much time he's devoted to garbage. But I knew he was going to end up here eventually.

This wasn't my line in the sand when we were dating, though. I think accepting the vaccine has a whole host of other considerations. You'll probably be thought of as crazy, he's probably easily swayed by others, maybe his family is overbearing. Who knows, really? Maybe ask him about his motivations.

Gaming is an automatic red flag to me. It's great that your husband is realizing that it's a waste of time.

Vigilant

Kingfisher
Woman
There are enough forces working against God-fearing couples who hope to create a family
Biblically, family is already the married couple, whether they produce children or not. It may come to being married and not having children, if one cannot produce children or the risk is too high in serious defects. Even though extending the family is very important, companionship and being a husband's help is even more important that having children. Being fruitful and multiply does not limit production to just producing children.
When you discuss further with him, consider including this aspect and see how flexible he is on it.

Last edited:
There is no good excuse for a Christian man to have taken the vaccine this early. It shows he either is blue pilled, i.e., doesn't know what's really going on, or he is just really quick to throw out his values to submit to authority. If it's the first, well then is it really a good idea if a female romantic partner "red pills" him? And if the second, then he's just not a man with any backbone and clearly God isn't first in his eyes, and there's a whole host of problems there, but suffice to say he will almost definitely be very clingy and not the leader you need.

Btw when I say having got the vaccine "this early," I'm not necessarily excusing getting it down the road, although I kind of am. As I don't think the vaccine is a sin across the board (though it is for some, including myself), I can understand Christians getting it in certain circumstances. But it is absolutely not OK to have gotten it this soon, without resisting it at all or putting forth any kind of fight. My job has been pressuring me to get it for three months and I'm still showing up no problem. My sister is a nurse who has been pressured from the beginning and she's still unvaxxed, etc. If you're gonna lose a fight, at least make sure your opponent knows he was in a fight. Anyone who has gotten the vax this soon is either knowingly supporting this Satanic system or is totally blind to how the world works. Either of those options is not a suitable Christian head of household.

Last edited:

Vigilant

Kingfisher
Woman

When I think of a young Texan lady, this is it:

Attachments

• beautBlondeTexanLadyHorseRide.JPG
    beautBlondeTexanLadyHorseRide.JPG
    25 KB · Views: 21

TexasJenn

Robin
Woman
Anyone who has gotten the vax this soon is either knowingly supporting this Satanic system or is totally blind to how the world works.
Generally I agree. But as I mentioned above, I have a very intelligent, free-thinking friend who got her family and herself vaccinated and says she's not worried about any side effects. She and her husband are generally highly suspicious of the system, very conservative about mainstream medicine, even went with a holistic midwife when she had kids, so I was surprised. This shows that not all who get the vax are sheeple types.

TexasJenn

Robin
Woman
Even though extending the family is very important, companionship and being a husband's help is even more important that having children. Being fruitful and multiply does not limit production to just producing children.
When you discuss further with him, consider including this aspect and see how flexible he is on it.
I asked him generally where he stands on kids. He said he's open to it and would go all in if his woman wanted it, doesn't specifically long for it, but would be happy either way.

I'll also find a way to be happy whether I'm able to have kids or not - but it seems wise to set myself up for the best chance of having a family, something that feels totally natural and good, something that feels even revolutionary in these times.

Vigilant

Kingfisher
Woman
Now, that's a good sign from him! You are wise to include both the ideal and being flexible.
I asked him generally where he stands on kids. He said he's open to it and would go all in if his woman wanted it, doesn't specifically long for it, but would be happy either way.

I'll also find a way to be happy whether I'm able to have kids or not - but it seems wise to set myself up for the best chance of having a family, something that feels totally natural and good, something that feels even revolutionary in these t

Generally I agree. But as I mentioned above, I have a very intelligent, free-thinking friend who got her family and herself vaccinated and says she's not worried about any side effects. She and her husband are generally highly suspicious of the system, very conservative about mainstream medicine, even went with a holistic midwife when she had kids, so I was surprised. This shows that not all who get the vax are sheeple types.
Are they Christian? Because I know a few people that fit that description, but like Buddhist Eastern mysticism types, and they posted on FB about getting the vaccine. I could see that coming, whether they posted it or not. Ultimately our "values" mean nothing. We are all weak without God, at least when the going gets SUPER tough. If I'm leaning on my strength or "values," I'll fold as fast as anyone. I'm reminded of the great scene in The Dark Knight.

Now, that's a good sign from him! You are wise to include both the ideal and being flexible.

Yeah true. Nobody is going to get this perfect scenario, and the difficulties exist to encourage us to turn to God more. Maybe I shouldn't be so harsh. Ultimately imo the agenda of the vaccine wasn't all about the first doses but the subsequent doses, keeping people coming back. I mean that's the whole idea of Big Pharma, keep people sick/reliant. So just because a person is vaccinated now doesn't mean they will keep coming back. And ultimately I HIGHLY doubt one or two doses would sterilize a person, especially if that person was otherwise healthy.

Vigilant

Kingfisher
Woman
Yeah true. Nobody is going to get this perfect scenario, and the difficulties exist to encourage us to turn to God more. Maybe I shouldn't be so harsh. Ultimately imo the agenda of the vaccine wasn't all about the first doses but the subsequent doses, keeping people coming back. I mean that's the whole idea of Big Pharma, keep people sick/reliant. So just because a person is vaccinated now doesn't mean they will keep coming back. And ultimately I HIGHLY doubt one or two doses would sterilize a person, especially if that person was otherwise healthy.
I never had the impression you're being harsh. I like your thinking process on this issue. If you're a youngster, I am impressed. I don't trust the medical industrial complex so much that I live in pain almost daily because I am afraid to go and get help. I just try natural ways and prayer, although I do confess to rely on an anti-inflammatory when it's too painful.
Cell phones lower fertility in men apparently, and [edit] why I never keep it on my body is that it is linked to breast cancer. Also wifi affects fertility in females, and in about five generations could become sterile, so there's lots of soft depopulation tactics to try and avoid.

Last edited:
I never had the impression you're being harsh. I like your thinking process on this issue. If you're a youngster, I am impressed. I don't trust the medical industrial complex so much that I live in pain almost daily because I am afraid to go and get help. I just try natural ways and prayer, although I do confess to rely on an anti-inflammatory when it's too painful.
Cell phones lower fertility in men apparently, and [edit] why I never keep it on my body is that it is linked to breast cancer. Also wifi affects fertility to females, and in about five generations could become sterile, so there's lots of soft depopulation tactics to try and avoid.

Youngish. 37.
I used to get drunk, smoke weed, take pills and smoke pack a day cigarettes every day. Now I don't do any of that but do still take ibuprofen from time to time. I was in chronic pain until 4 years ago, my whole body was wrecked from just a terrible lifestyle of sitting around playing video games, watching porn among all the above substances. I'm a world better now following a similar path as you with prayer and as natural remedies as possible. God has been so good to me. Lately I just think about that a lot, how amazing Jesus is to save a wretch like me. I thank God a lot. If this world ever gets to us, we need only remind ourselves that it's extremely fleeting compared to the eternity awaiting us thanks to Christ's finished work on the cross.