Dating in a pandemic

rosyclouds

Chicken
Woman
Catholic
We met on this very website. That's right, I met the man of my dreams on rooshvforum.com :D

He sent me a message, I replied, and the rest is history... in the making.

It's early days yet, and so far it's a fairy tale :love:

We hope to post a big announcement once it's all official :D
Wow! That's great and somewhat unsurprising in a sense given the type of people this forum attracts. Best of luck!

rosyclouds

Chicken
Woman
Catholic
I have to disagree. People on this forum are top quality men, doing their best to follow in the footsteps of Lord Jesus Christ and carrying their Cross the best they can. That's more than what 90% of population does.

Edit: And I also think the same about the ladies on the forum, I'm really happy that it's the case.
I'm confused, I don't think we are in disagreement because I agree with your statement. I meant this forum attracts quality Christian people so it's unsurprisingly they connected here. Sorry for any misinterpretation.

vintageoiseau

Chicken
Woman
Orthodox Inquirer
Yes, I am doing social things, but so far most of the good men I've met in the wild are taken. Still, it's nice to meet good men and see they exist.

I just heard from a spate of military men, every one of them "deployed and will be home in a few weeks," some of them ready to retire and settle down, all of them hyper masculine and very gentlemanly.

But I asked this army man I've been messaging whether they have to get the shot, and he said yes, no choice. He totally buys the safety argument.

It breaks my heart to see these strapping manly men with the "I got the shot" icon over their handsome pictures.
I have been going through this a thousand times over.

I've encountered men, so incredible, masculine, following Christ in most cases, who got the shot to: keep their job, travel, upkeep status of material things, etc.

I am concerned because oddly some of the more masculine arenas are where these mandates are most offensive. For example, more "alpha" guys in high-powered positions, especially who need to travel, cave to the pressure. Very few will buck the system for the sake of dissenting against this, even though it is satanic.

My heart breaks every time they proclaim their injection. :(

The other day some guy told me about his injection, then went on a ramble about his new Tesla.

TexasJenn

Woodpecker
Woman
Orthodox Inquirer
I've encountered men, so incredible, masculine, following Christ in most cases, who got the shot to: keep their job, travel, upkeep status of material things, etc.

I am concerned because oddly some of the more masculine arenas are where these mandates are most offensive. For example, more "alpha" guys in high-powered positions, especially who need to travel, cave to the pressure. Very few will buck the system for the sake of dissenting against this, even though it is satanic.
Amen, sister.

Before meeting my sweetheart, I chatted with hundreds of men over the past few months since I got on a dating site, many of them very attractive in every way... except for being vaxxed. It was just maddening. I felt like I was living in some alternate twisted dimension. Some of them admitted I may have a good case against it, but they felt they had to do it to keep their job and so on, had no idea it was so dangerous.

For me, the most heart-breaking were the hyper masculine, honorable, God-loving military men defending the country with their very lives, submitting to this poison. I generally avoided deployed men, but did talk to this one military man a bit. I made my anti-vax case and he said he'd inform his entire troop of men and share the links I'd provided. Hopefully it got through to some of them.

My fella and I live many states away and are both taking big leaps of faith to give this its best chance. It's absolutely a needle in a haystack situation and we both marvel at how blessed we are.

To anyone out there with faltering hope... don't give up, keep the faith, and pray diligently for what you need while walking with God :)

canuckj

Robin
Other Christian
I realize this is a women's forum but since the title is "Dating in a Pandemic" I was wondering if anyone had recommendations for a good way to meet a potential spouse? Are there recommended aps that people have tried? I am interested in a serious relationship with a Christian women hopefully leading to marriage. For what it is worth I am in Canada but most aps are probably North-America in reach. Where I live without being vaccinated restaurants, gyms and coffee shops are off limits so it makes it pretty awkward.

vintageoiseau

Chicken
Woman
Orthodox Inquirer
I realize this is a women's forum but since the title is "Dating in a Pandemic" I was wondering if anyone had recommendations for a good way to meet a potential spouse? Are there recommended aps that people have tried? I am interested in a serious relationship with a Christian women hopefully leading to marriage. For what it is worth I am in Canada but most aps are probably North-America in reach. Where I live without being vaccinated restaurants, gyms and coffee shops are off limits so it makes it pretty awkward.

I have tried Orthodox and Single. It's okay, and has I think people all over the world. Probably the best bet to find someone serious and devoted to the faith, outside of church, if going the app route! I find the vax conversation to be so awkward, especially confronting it with men as a woman, so online dating has actually been helpful that way.

vintageoiseau

Chicken
Woman
Orthodox Inquirer
Amen, sister.

Before meeting my sweetheart, I chatted with hundreds of men over the past few months since I got on a dating site, many of them very attractive in every way... except for being vaxxed. It was just maddening. I felt like I was living in some alternate twisted dimension. Some of them admitted I may have a good case against it, but they felt they had to do it to keep their job and so on, had no idea it was so dangerous.

For me, the most heart-breaking were the hyper masculine, honorable, God-loving military men defending the country with their very lives, submitting to this poison. I generally avoided deployed men, but did talk to this one military man a bit. I made my anti-vax case and he said he'd inform his entire troop of men and share the links I'd provided. Hopefully it got through to some of them.

My fella and I live many states away and are both taking big leaps of faith to give this its best chance. It's absolutely a needle in a haystack situation and we both marvel at how blessed we are.

To anyone out there with faltering hope... don't give up, keep the faith, and pray diligently for what you need while walking with God :)

Thank you Jenn! This is so helpful, and I am sooo happy for you. I believe God can make anything happen, but it's true, we are definitely in a needle in a haystack situation, for both men and women.

TexasJenn

Woodpecker
Woman
Orthodox Inquirer
Personally I had no luck with apps, even the Christian ones. My fella and I have daydreamed about creating a great dating app or forum for Orthodox Christians - but right now we're having too much fun going to church often and doing many other wonderful things.

How about getting acquainted with a single lady on this forum? If you're open to traveling for real love, it might just work.

It's early days for us, but once my man and I discovered how compatible we are, he hopped on a plane, flew several states to meet me, and convinced me to come back with him, where I am now, living a life more dreamy and beautiful than I even imagined. It's looking very likely this is The Real Deal for us, and we thank God every day.

Even before we got together, I had some great conversations on this forum. It's worth a shot.

Other than that, I recommend regularly attending a good church and getting involved.

Also, pray daily for what you need, while walking with God, and He will answer.

Good luck! I'll pray for you :blush:

TexasJenn

Woodpecker
Woman
Orthodox Inquirer
Thank you Jenn! This is so helpful, and I am sooo happy for you. I believe God can make anything happen, but it's true, we are definitely in a needle in a haystack situation, for both men and women.
Thank you so much!

In my beloved, God answered every prayer, checked every box, and over delivered with beautiful qualities I could hardly imagine.

We both remark daily and often how very blessed we are. And now we're taking seriously our commitment to walk with God daily and give frequent tributes for his endless blessings :blush:

vintageoiseau

Chicken
Woman
Orthodox Inquirer
Thank you so much!

In my beloved, God answered every prayer, checked every box, and over delivered with beautiful qualities I could hardly imagine.

We both remark daily and often how very blessed we are. And now we're taking seriously our commitment to walk with God daily and give frequent tributes for his endless blessings :blush:

Yes!! I am in a tele group with many single Ortho ladies, who are beautiful and praying for husbands, and we have these conversations often. I try to remember "exceedingly abundantly above" when things seem hopeless.

We are a small population, but I trust the Lord.

I am so happy to hear your story and love to see God's glory, thank you <3 your marriage will surely bring Him glory as well.

canuckj

Robin
Other Christian
Personally I had no luck with apps, even the Christian ones. My fella and I have daydreamed about creating a great dating app or forum for Orthodox Christians - but right now we're having too much fun going to church often and doing many other wonderful things.

How about getting acquainted with a single lady on this forum? If you're open to traveling for real love, it might just work.

It's early days for us, but once my man and I discovered how compatible we are, he hopped on a plane, flew several states to meet me, and convinced me to come back with him, where I am now, living a life more dreamy and beautiful than I even imagined. It's looking very likely this is The Real Deal for us, and we thank God every day.

Even before we got together, I had some great conversations on this forum. It's worth a shot.

Other than that, I recommend regularly attending a good church and getting involved.

Thanks TexasJenn. Hopefully if the restrictions loosen I will be able to travel again. I would be open to relocating. Thanks for the prayers. I also looked through the introduction thread and was surprised there are so many good women of varied backgrounds on here :)

joy_grace

Sparrow
Woman
Other Christian

Congrats dear, I'm happy for you. And honestly feel a bit jealous reading it haha... Reading your post warms my heart. :blush:

No-Designation Man

Kingfisher
Other Christian
We met on this very website. That's right, I met the man of my dreams on rooshvforum.com :D

He sent me a message, I replied, and the rest is history... in the making.

It's early days yet, and so far it's a fairy tale :love:

We hope to post a big announcement once it's all official :D
So after the pending nuptials are signed, is the official name change going to be DCJenn or TexasRoosh? ;)

TexasJenn

Woodpecker
Woman
Orthodox Inquirer
So after the pending nuptials are signed, is the official name change going to be DCJenn or TexasRoosh? ;)
haha it's not Roosh - but eventually we're definitely going to send him a thank you letter for being our key connector to True Love :love: Thanks to this forum, I'm a new Orthodox inquirer and we'll most likely be married in the church in spring.

Roosh's forum has literally changed my life and my entire world. It's no exaggeration to say I owe some thanks to Roosh and all you fine people for what could be my salvation :blush:

Ah_Tibor

Kingfisher
Woman
Orthodox
haha it's not Roosh - but eventually we're definitely going to send him a thank you letter for being our key connector to True Love :love: Thanks to this forum, I'm a new Orthodox inquirer and we'll most likely be married in the church in spring.

That's exciting! Spring weddings are nice!

I was complaining to my husband that our friends aren't getting married or having kids and he told me I'm getting old, lol (One of our friends is engaged and getting married but she's been with her man for a long time and they have a house and I genuinely thought she was at least engaged already. I do hope they have kids.)