Dating in a pandemic

Ah_Tibor

Kingfisher
Woman
Orthodox
Look for people who LOVE THE TRUTH. That is more important than possessing the whole truth and making perfect decisions based on it (because nobody has this or does this).
This is a good point. A lot of very good, moral people are getting the jab because they genuinely believe they're protecting others. And a lot of people who are OK with living outside general societal rules are not very good or moral, so this is just another thing.

Unless you're into big picture type stuff none of this will make any sense at all.

Maddox

Woodpecker
Protestant
Of course, now that my subscription ran out, I'm getting messages from men enticing me to renew so I can reply. It feels very gamey. I'm sure they have an algorithm that's geared toward giving you juuuust enough bait to keep you hooked. I'll just take a break for a while and regroup.

I know they run this game with men. In the past when I was on those sites, right after I choose not to resign, I get an email from the company telling me some hot babe is apparently interested in my profile.

No surprise they pull these tricks with female members too.

Ah_Tibor

Kingfisher
Woman
Orthodox
I can see that argument. But as long as I'm fertile and could be a mother, I see it as too great a risk to consider anyone who has had the mRNA jab. It's impossible to know the full story, but every cell in my body is screaming stay away from this, so that's what I'm going to do.

This actually can be a valid point for normies. If you're pregnant or trying, they tell you to stay away from all kinds of things. Unpasteurized cheese, deli meat, green tea, etc. (Which is hard when you just want a turkey hoagie.) "I JUST WANT TO BE SAFE"

I dunno. I don't care if I look crazy half the time so I just start screaming about eugenicists. I'm fun at parties.

TexasJenn

Woodpecker
Woman
Orthodox Inquirer
I know they run this game with men. In the past when I was on those sites, right after I choose not to resign, I get an email from the company telling me some hot babe is apparently interested in my profile.

No surprise they pull these tricks with female members too.
Totally. "Hot" isn't even something I'm looking for... but they tried to entice me with the "hottest" guy yet just after my subscription ran out.

I see through their twisted scheme, now view that site as a scam and won't return. This was match.com, by the way. Do NOT recommend.

Free sites have more time-wasting people, but at least you're not getting scammed.

Ah_Tibor

Kingfisher
Woman
Orthodox
Totally. "Hot" isn't even something I'm looking for... but they tried to entice me with the "hottest" guy yet just after my subscription ran out.

I see through their twisted scheme, now view that site as a scam and won't return. This was match.com, by the way. Do NOT recommend.

Free sites have more time-wasting people, but at least you're not getting scammed.

I tried Plenty of Fish when I was still single. First response was from a Chinese Buddhist med student (he was polite). Also some guy recruiting strippers (was not polite) and another who was in some of my college classes-- who was nice but there wasn't any spark.

Just the weirdest collection of responses. I never met anyone or carried on more than a few messages. My husband said he had an OKcupid profile and a few dates but they were very bland.

TexasJenn

Woodpecker
Woman
Orthodox Inquirer
I got on a free site and am getting WAY more messages, more in the first 12 hours than I got in a month on Match.com, which was a waste of money. The quality of people seems the same on the free site - except perhaps they're smarter for avoiding the scam! Live and learn.

Last edited:

stugatz

Pelican
Catholic
Avoid OKCupid, that place is free but it's nutcase town. (And that was in 2013. They've degenerated even worse and become a less lewd version of Tinder now. Although if you have low expectations on there...maybe you'll have a better time.)

Ah_Tibor

Kingfisher
Woman
Orthodox
Avoid OKCupid, that place is free but it's nutcase town. (And that was in 2013. They've degenerated even worse and become a less lewd version of Tinder now. Although if you have low expectations on there...maybe you'll have a better time.)

I know someone (relative of a relative) who got married, had two kids, and then divorced someone from there. I feel kind of bad for her, though. I think it's the sort of mistake you have to learn the hard way (even if everyone else sees it coming).

Vigilant

Kingfisher
Woman
Protestant
I can see that argument. But as long as I'm fertile and could be a mother, I see it as too great a risk to consider anyone who has had the mRNA jab. It's impossible to know the full story, but every cell in my body is screaming stay away from this, so that's what I'm going to do.
I wish you & this forum member @berenmsc were living in the same country:
;)
"I'm seeing a girl at the moment, and on our second date she mentioned that he had been jabbed twice. I said nothing but my heart broke for her, she doesn't know what she has done. Now I'm trying to find a way of separating myself from here since, for as bad as it may sound, she is a genetic dead end most likely. And even if she somehow, through God's grace could still conceive, it sets a very bad precedent."

TexasJenn

Woodpecker
Woman
Orthodox Inquirer
I wish you & this forum member @berenmsc were living in the same country:
;)
"I'm seeing a girl at the moment, and on our second date she mentioned that he had been jabbed twice. I said nothing but my heart broke for her, she doesn't know what she has done. Now I'm trying to find a way of separating myself from here since, for as bad as it may sound, she is a genetic dead end most likely. And even if she somehow, through God's grace could still conceive, it sets a very bad precedent."
Ugh!

The nice man from a few weeks ago called again the other night. Nothing has changed, but I was happy to talk to him. I reiterated my concern, said I'll do some more research because if it weren't for this, I'd meet him - but the more I read, the worse it looks :confused:

Vigilant

Kingfisher
Woman
Protestant
Ugh!

The nice man from a few weeks ago called again the other night. Nothing has changed, but I was happy to talk to him. I reiterated my concern, said I'll do some more research because if it weren't for this, I'd meet him - but the more I read, the worse it looks :confused:
If you're in Christ He will bring you to your future husband, perfectly suited to you.

Maintain a peaceful and joyful expectation, being always ready because it often happens when least expected.

Feyoder

Pelican
Ugh!

I agree with roosh though that this is a kind of grooming for the "big one". So even if this vax was benign (and it's obviously not) what if he goes and gets the next one because there's an even worse (and completely unforeseeably effective) media etc fear mongering campaign?

TexasJenn

Woodpecker
Woman
Orthodox Inquirer
I've thought all along this is all just a beta test for a more aggressive attack later.

I can't respect and admire a man who signs up for this, which means there's no point even meeting.

Zanardi

Woodpecker
Orthodox
SARS-COV2 is actually computer generated, its a code.
Can you give more details about how is this thing possible?

Ugh!

This is because you decide only to read the negatives. Then yes, the more you read, the worse it looks. It's akin you wanting a driving license, but watching on YouTube videos containing only horrific car crashes. Yes, car crashes happen but much more people go home safe and have no traffic problems whatsoever.

I think you're a nice woman and I wish you all the best in finding the one suited for you. But reading this topic, I have the strong feeling that you put the vaccine test above all, disqualifying everybody that took it and disregarding that human personality is much more than a vaccine. You met a nice guy, your female instincts like him and you're being confused now because this is not going as you'd expect.

Last edited:

TexasJenn

Woodpecker
Woman
Orthodox Inquirer
But reading this topic, I have the strong feeling that you put the vaccine test above all, disqualifying everybody that took it and disregarding that human personality is much more than a vaccine.
There are a number of must-haves and must-not-haves in a partner. I've decided that for me, the mRNA vaccine is a must-not-have. A man could have the most wonderful personality in the world - but if he's unemployed, still bitter about his ex, or chose to be injected with this vaccine, it's not going to work, so better not to get involved at all.

I've talked to two men who didn't get the vaccine. One of them had a generally insecure and doubtful attitude once he got me on the phone, and the other made too many comments clearly indicating he was looking to hook up ASAP.

Last edited:

Vigilant

Kingfisher
Woman
Protestant
There are a number of must-haves and must-not-haves in a partner. I've decided that for me, the mRNA vaccine is a must-not-have. A man could have the most wonderful personality in the world - but if he's unemployed, still bitter about his ex, or chose to be injected with this vaccine, it's not going to work, so better not to get involved at all.

I've talked to two men who didn't get the vaccine. One of them had a generally insecure and doubtful attitude once he got me on the phone, and the other made too many comments clearly indicating he was looking to hook up ASAP.
When one seeks character as a top priority, the straight and narrow of this generation gets narrower, but God is a sovereign provider.