Day in the life of a regime employee

ed pluribus unum

Ostrich
Protestant
One common thread I noticed in a couple of these is that the employees' evening always seems to be occupied by 'birthday party with friends from work at this super cool club' or 'meeting with client for supper at fancy restaurant, omg look at these appetizers!'... it seems like, either by accident or by design, their every waking hour is occupied by something related to their employer (I won't say "work").

Gimlet

Pelican
These useless tech people are all getting laid off. My first corporate job early 90s, my dad told me that if I am going to get a cup of coffee, to carry a clipboard so it looks like I have a purpose. (It worked)
Today these people flexing about doing nothing didn't see that the gravy train is over... About 90k laid off this month and more to come.
image_2022-11-17_223218195.png

GuitarVH

Ostrich
Orthodox Inquirer
These useless tech people are all getting laid off. My first corporate job early 90s, my dad told me that if I am going to get a cup of coffee, to carry a clipboard so it looks like I have a purpose. (It worked)
Today these people flexing about doing nothing didn't see that the gravy train is over... About 90k laid off this month and more to come.
View attachment 51013

Well, all the infrastructure and surveillance to enslave mankind is now built and up and running perfectly. Thanks for helping us construct your prison but we don't need you any more. Take care and good luck in the future!

paternos

Kingfisher
Catholic
It's so funny watching the faces of these guys and hearing them talk watching these videos.

Well, all the infrastructure and surveillance to enslave mankind is now built and up and running perfectly. Thanks for helping us construct your prison but we don't need you any more. Take care and good luck in the future!
You are absolutely correct, everything is automated, and I believe that big tech is losing contact with us.

Recently, I've been utilizing Yandex a lot more than Google to find what I'm looking for. Google is deleting more and more from their search engine.

Last edited:

TCOCBR18

Robin
Orthodox
In the past couple months, videos showing the average work days of Silicon Valley employees have been going viral. Here's one:

This thread can collect and discuss similar videos.

Having watched these videos, these people seem to hail from a different world altogether, Lord have mercy.
I just finished being a regime employee today. I resigned from a national security job for moral reasons. But it's the Big Tech part of the regime conglomerate that is most baffling, as they seem most detached from normal humanity. My wing of the regime seemed a lot more normal, albeit dystopian in its own different ways.

paternos

Kingfisher
Catholic
This is the LinkedIn girl that started it all, showing the peak of decadence.

foto_no_exif (19).png

Life without God. In a way I feel for her, also a product of her time.

But this sentence: "inspiring young professional females to pursue their dreams"

"Young professional females" what does that mean? This new version of "sex and the city".
I'm curious how many girls identify with her. And then part 2: "pursue their dreams"

How is what she is doing pursuing dreams?

Last edited:

bubs

Woodpecker
Protestant
No wonder big tech pushed working from home so hard. Anything is more productive than that!
Yeah watching that video of a typical Twitter Day it looked like maybe 2-3 hrs of work at best and the rest is just exposing an enormous waste of company money in Overhead. Elon would be more profitable to let people work from home 2-3 hrs a day vs all of that wasted luxury resort environment at the office.

It_is_my_time

Crow
Protestant
The coming/already here, economic crash is going to be a major reckoning for a lot of people. And the funny thing about it is, it will largely be caused by the people who will be hurt the most. Give the low IQ and spoiled brat youth the right to vote and they vote away the easy/comfortable life they had. They don't know any better. It is why democracy is the most evil form of govt. and always leads to tyranny. Young/inexperienced people and women have no reason to say how a tribe should govern itself.

Anyway, I just saw this yesterday and had to giggle. Seeing a lot of the current thing commissars lose their positions is going to be great over the next few months.

"Tech layoffs are disproportionately hitting HR and DEI teams."

ultralight_hiker

Sparrow
Protestant
If anyone hasn't seen the movie "The Circle", I highly suggest watching it. It seems pretty accurate, as it deals a lot with the cultish community of big tech and their employees. Much of it rings true with many of the videos we've seen lately.

bubs

Woodpecker
Protestant

So this raises the question….is it better for large corporations and government to create beaurocracies and lots of BS jobs to keep the population busy, or have the corporations stay lean and mean with most essential staff and pay large taxes and government pays useless people a basic income to do whatever they like? And this is all a question before AI and robotics continue to displace the needs for human employment.

It_is_my_time

Crow
Protestant
So this raises the question….is it better for large corporations and government to create beaurocracies and lots of BS jobs to keep the population busy, or have the corporations stay lean and mean with most essential staff and pay large taxes and government pays useless people a basic income to do whatever they like? And this is all a question before AI and robotics continue to displace the needs for human employment.
Excellent question.

I would rather pay the busy bodies a monthly stipend to stay home and leave the rest of us alone. So they have money to live on and stay out of our way and no longer think of themselves as "super smart" and "super successful".

But somehow people have to buy groceries and shelter. So that is a great question. Right now, I don't think many corporations are comfortable paying 6 figures for a 25 year old child to play work or $300,000 to a "diversity executive". We will find out.