Daycares

Enoch

Hummingbird
Where I live a number of Catholic schools have closed down. However luck would have it that the one near my office is doing extremely well and has a long history in the community. That's likely where I will send my kids when they're older.

I'm not down with 5 yr olds being taught LGBTQLMNOP propaganda, BLM propaganda, anti-white propaganda and sex ed in these public schools and non-religious private schools.
I don't think private schools are the solution anymore. A friend of mine's daughter is in Catholic school and he claims that they are subject to the same "health and safety" guidelines as the public schools. So in a couple months when your kid must have the poke to attend school that requirement will extend to private schools.

Dr Mantis Toboggan

Pelican
Catholic
Gold Member
I don't think private schools are the solution anymore. A friend of mine's daughter is in Catholic school and he claims that they are subject to the same "health and safety" guidelines as the public schools. So in a couple months when your kid must have the poke to attend school that requirement will extend to private schools.

Depends on where you are I think. Catholic schools in red/purple states in the US should be fine, Canada/Australia/UK are probably going to get brought under the state boot. US blue states and continental Europe probably a mixed bag.

Also haven't sent our daughter to day care and don't plan on it, I'm fortunate enough to be able to support everyone on just my paycheck and the wife spends a couple hours a day finding things at Goodwill to sell online, uses the proceeds for spending money and sends some back to her family.

JoeChill

Robin
Protestant
Gold Member
Reading the book "Nursery Crimes" by Linda Williams forever changed my views on daycare.

Nursery-Crimes-Finkelhor-David-9780803933996.jpg

Last edited:

doodydota

Sparrow
Catholic
Stefan Molyneux made a great point.
If you put your child in daycare to be raised by a minimum-wage immigrant "because you're busy with your career", what do you think will happen when you're old? Your children will put you in a nursing home where a minimum-wage immigrant will take care of you. You set the standard it's OK to prioritize making money over family.

thetruewhitenorth

Woodpecker
Orthodox
Staff working in daycare services are all too eager to make false allegations to Children's Services (in the US and some other countries: Child Protection Services.) and claim "the child's well-being is in danger in the parents' hands". if that happens, the parent is in real danger of his/her child to be taken away from him/her by the state.
If you can, keep your children away from daycares. For your own and your children's sake.

Overall agree, but not all daycares are the same. If you absolutely have to send your child to a daycare, I would recommend finding one run by Eastern Europeans.

Our kid goes to a place managed by a Serbian lady with a few members from ex Yugoslavia. They're quite traditional and old school in their approach to children, firm yet feminine. We're happy we found them.

Nevertheless, if you can afford your wife being homemaker and staying with kids full time, it is probably the best option.

infowarrior1

Crow
Protestant
Overall agree, but not all daycares are the same. If you absolutely have to send your child to a daycare, I would recommend finding one run by Eastern Europeans.

Our kid goes to a place managed by a Serbian lady with a few members from ex Yugoslavia. They're quite traditional and old school in their approach to children, firm yet feminine. We're happy we found them.

Nevertheless, if you can afford your wife being homemaker and staying with kids full time, it is probably the best option.

Could you leave your kid with your mother or mother in law. I read that they do this in East Asian Countries when they don't put them in daycare.

thetruewhitenorth

Woodpecker
Orthodox
Could you leave your kid with your mother or mother in law. I read that they do this in East Asian Countries when they don't put them in daycare.

People do it in many cultures. I take it you don't have kids?

Even in North America leaving your kids with your parents or in-laws is not rare, especially among Christian families.

In our particular case, we dont have any relatives in North America, we're foreign born and raised.

Prores

Sparrow
Orthodox
My wife stays home with our 1 year old daughter full time. Developmentally speaking there’s no comparison between her and other kids who are raised in groups by strangers.

Walked earlier, talked earlier, got prayed with by my wife. We might be driving beaters and not materially be where some 2-income families are at, but I wouldn’t do it any other way.