Deals on Style thread

Cobra

Hummingbird
Gold Member
All of us shop. Sometimes we pay too much on style. Thought I could make it at least a bit easier since I do stuff below to find out about them as soon as they're out there.

Few things I do:

1. I sign up for email alerts from places like Express and Macy's.
2. Use certain apps and websites to check for deals (Fatwallet and Slickdeals have served me best)
3. Visit aftermarket stores such as "TJ Maxx" and "Marshalls" in person to see what they have (TJ Maxx is starting to stock up on Express nowadays)

I'll use this thread to post deals as soon as I get them before they go stale so everyone can take advantage of them. I'll also try to post pics of the TJ Maxx / Marshall's stuff if I see something good.

I searched for similar threads but couldn't a collective thread dedicated to deals.

Likewise, feel free to post if you find something good.

Cobra

Hummingbird
Gold Member
First one. I've got comments below each deal which will include as much detail as I have at the time. For some reason, links below don't go directly but they work using copy/paste; not sure why.

Macy's coupon for 25% of $100+ : http://slickdeals.net/permadeal/120...pon-already-reduced-mens-apparel-and-footwear
Seem to have some sweet blazers btw that can be tailored.

Perry Ellis has 50% off: http://slickdeals.net/permadeal/120...nal-20-off-sitewide-pants-from-12-shirts-from
Problem is that Perry Ellis shit can seem a bit lanky looking depending on what it is so be careful ordering online.

Decent leather wallet for $9: http://slickdeals.net/permadeal/120...-abboud-leather-wallets-passcase-trifold-more
Haven't bought this but comments on the link above seem good.

Express shirts are "Buy 1 get one 50% off" : http://www.express.com/clothing/Men...at840006?om_rid=NuJbs$&om_mid=_BTc1rFB86BdsWQ
If you want to buy on a discount, because you need shirts NOW, cool. BUT, Express has better sales if you wait.

Overall on the above, the Macy's deal is great if you didn't know about it. The rest are so so.

I never really liked H&M in the past but stopped through there before heading off the playa last week and got some awesome linen pants for $19 and a couple pairs of those canvas shoes for like $12 a piece. They have sum good casual summer stuf.

Carlos100

Kingfisher
Gold Member
The Dappered style blog does a good job at announcing sales and sale items as they occur. I have purchased a lot of good stuff at good prices by watching that blog.

One curious thing about that blog is that if you read the user comments from more than a year ago, you will see a good number of posts referencing red pill philosophy or game science. Starting about a year ago, it appears that the site's operators started moderating out all such comments. Several comments of mine that indirectly mentioned the manosphere were not posted. I emailed them to ask why and they didn't respond.

rudebwoy

Peacock
Gold Member
I buy a lot of stuff from Saks 5th avenue outlet in Buffalo. I am sure there are a lot all over the place and the discounts apply at there regular stores.
I signed up for a More card which is there discount card, a few times they have sent me $25 coupons for when I spend over $100.

TheFinalEpic

Pelican
Gold Member
There's quite a few apps now that offer discounted sales, JackThreads comes to mind.

Also, Frank and Oak is a pretty solid site, depending on your style, they offer decent dress shirt/casual patterned shirts for 40ish bucks.

I'm an advocate for Simons too, their brand is pretty cheap, yet nicely made, and doesn't burn a hole in your wallet.

kaotic

Owl
Gold Member
Do you guys get measured up first, I need slim fitting suits/apparel. I know there are some wholesale warehouse suit brokers that give good deals in SoCal i think ?

Cobra

Hummingbird
Gold Member
Extra 40% off this upcoming weekend at Express in case you want to plan better before the right sizes/colors are gone. Inside tip from a friend that works there.

Cobra

Hummingbird
Gold Member
I bought two blazers. One below

http://www.express.com/clothing/blue+linentocotton+blazer/pro/6113241/cat560005

I also bought some pocket squares (interchangeable).

The 40% off and 10% on top made it almost 50% off.

So, 2 blazers, a v neck and a set of pocket squares (4 interchangeable ones - 2 pieces with 1 color on each side) for about $295 with tax.

Not bad because Express blazers are decent quality.

Blazin Manhattan this weekend with these..

Meadowlark

Hummingbird
Gold Member
Slickdeals is the best, I got a pair of Osiris kicks on clearance from their web store for $20 with free shipping.

In the last 2 weeks AE outfitters has had two 50% off clearance sales where I nabbed two shirts for $4 each with free shipping.

With slickdeals you gotta act fast though.

Basil Ransom

Crow
Gold Member
Slickdeals would be 100 times more useful if they had some sort of filtering mechanism. 99% of the stuff on the site is in categories in which I have no interest. Using the site a lot may end up making you lose money by buying pointless stuff.

If you are looking for a specific product, like whey protein, it's great - set up an account and create an alert and you'll get notified of whey protein deals.

Dappered has a forum with a deals thread. http://threads.dappered.com/showthread.php/3781-Deals-Around-the-Net-Open-Thread?p=170633

Frontenac

Kingfisher
LL Bean (www.llbean.com) is a good brand for outdoors-type clothes, similar to stuff you'd find in Orvis or Filson. The quality it not as high, but it has a lot of American made stuff, and is much cheaper.

I bought a pair of these boots in January and they've been great. They're made in the USA, tough as nails, and very sharp.

Managed to snag them for $140, so there are good deals occasionally.

Best thing about the site is that there is no shipping costs, even if you're ordering from Canada.

Bonobos makes great stuff (especially for slim guys like me) and if you guy any of their sale stuff with the code SALEBRATE this weekend you can pull another 20% off. Basically all my pants I now buy from bonobos, and if you're a kind of obscure size stuff will be on sale for you all the time.

Drazen

Ostrich
Gold Member
I signed up for Tommy Bahama's mailing list a while back in-store. I get about 2 free $50 gift cards from them every year, one around Father's Day and one around Christmas. One of them is just straight $50 bucks off, the other is $50 off $100.

Meadowlark

Hummingbird
Gold Member
Basil Ransom said:
Slickdeals would be 100 times more useful if they had some sort of filtering mechanism. 99% of the stuff on the site is in categories in which I have no interest. Using the site a lot may end up making you lose money by buying pointless stuff.

If you are looking for a specific product, like whey protein, it's great - set up an account and create an alert and you'll get notified of whey protein deals.

Dappered has a forum with a deals thread. http://threads.dappered.com/showthread.php/3781-Deals-Around-the-Net-Open-Thread?p=170633

Very easy, I have "deal alerts" set up where I get a message via the app (or email if you want) about new things posted. Hence I have an active "american eagle outfitters" alert set.

Cobra

Hummingbird
Gold Member
This is what I'm wearing today .. I'm a shirt and jeans guy but gonna try it.

This polo is 50% off at Express this week. Jeans are Rocco slim fit which go on their best sales end of season.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    341.2 KB · Views: 2,983