Defunding the police is the next step in the BLM agenda

PillBoxer

Pigeon

Just saw this one this morning. I feel like the real goal here is to drop the black incarceration rate by eliminating both the enforcement mechanism for offenses and changing laws that are disproportionately committed by certain segments of the population.

Sort of a see no evil, prosecute no evil. If they keep this up we won't have Law or Order.

Gimlet

Woodpecker

Just saw this one this morning. I feel like the real goal here is to drop the black incarceration rate by eliminating both the enforcement mechanism for offenses and changing laws that are disproportionately committed by certain segments of the population.

Sort of a see no evil, prosecute no evil. If they keep this up we won't have Law or Order.
No way.

The majority of blacks who are incarcerated are young men in for drug offences and senseless violence. They require little health care and are great to put to work. A sizeable amount of goods made in the US are made in prisons by inmates earning anywhere from 0 to $1.00 per hour, and if they owe restitution a portion of those wages are deducted from their pay. A lot of retailers who have put out messages of support of BLM sell products made in US prisons. And they know it, this fact is transparent. A 25 year old drug dealer is the best type of prisoner under this model. There is simply no way that people who matter want to get rid of that cash cow.

I could get specific but I will not dox myself. Instead here are a couple of links of in-prison factory operators:

https://www.nationalcia.org/national-conference
https://www.unicor.gov/Index.aspx

Unicor current graphic showing prison factories:

factories.JPG

budoslavic

Peacock
Gold Member
Seattle Police Chief is resigning. There is going to be a Press Conference today at 11.

Kruse's thread continue...
=====
The Chief's decision comes as the @SeattleCouncil made a series of cuts to @SeattlePD's budget today, including forced layoffs of officers and cuts to pay for command staff.
The budget cuts come after months of protests following the death of George Floyd in Minneapolis, which spurred pledges from @SeattleCouncil members to defund SPD by 50%.
Chief Best has been vocal in her opposition to those cuts, and told me in an interview today that she felt targeted by a "punitive" proposal to cut her pay by 40%: "I do feel like it's ... animus toward me specifically."
Chief Carmen Best is the first black woman to lead the @SeattlePD. She is well respected by the rank and file, as well as community leaders. Seattle's political and activist class will have to own this.
=====

Weird. Maybe if they gave press passes to some actual conservative outlets then they might get some less biased questions.

You'd almost think they were trying to maintain the status quo and then bitching about the lugenpresse on twitter in a desperate attempt to maintain a shred of credibility with gullible conservatives...
Not giving access to MSNBC and the NY Times, etc. is up there with defunding NPR on the list of "things the GOP would have done 20 years ago if they were in fact a right of center party".

Laner

Hummingbird
Gold Member
Unless you disable their CNS they can keep going especially on PCP. You need a hit to the spinal cord or brain to stop them. Not an easy shot with a pistol on a moving target.
Yep, and thanks the Chinese dumping massive amounts of cheap PCP into the west coast this summer, we are in for some pretty wild arrest footage.