Democrats’ ‘War Game’ for Election Includes West Coast Secession, Possible Civil War

Leonard D Neubache

Owl
Gold Member
It's the narrative that counts.

You advocate for separation because it's the moral position. "You guys can do what you want in your own space".

And when they inevitably decline then their position becomes clear. They are not interested in living to their own values in their own space. They want to destroy you wherever you live and breathe, no matter the cost.

Then you have the moral position to do likewise.

It's the narrative that counts.

You advocate for separation because it's the moral position. "You guys can do what you want in your own space".

And when they inevitably decline then their position becomes clear. They are not interested in living to their own values in their own space. They want to destroy you wherever you live and breathe, no matter the cost.

Then you have the moral position to do likewise.

Normal, sane people often project their altruism onto everyone else. The problem is that not everyone else shares their proclivities for peace and harmony.

Leonard D Neubache

Owl
Gold Member
That's what has been happening over the last 30 years in particular.

"If we just give them this little thing then they'll chill out and we can all just get along."

Those people didn't realize that the demands were a prop for the aggression, not the other way around.

Hence you have to trick them into signalling their end-game. A call for separation does that. They will counter-signal their desire for your complete annihilation and then the matter can be dealt with honestly.

Callixtus

Robin
Even states like Oregon and Washington to my understanding are right leaning politically in the eastern half of those states away from the Pacific Coast/Seattle & Portland (and college towns).

Very true. I lived in the NW most of my life. Drive 30 minutes out of the major cities in any direction and you're on a different planet, go east of the Cascade Mountains and you're in a completely different galaxy, comparatively. OR/WA are generally great places to live, aside from the major cities and respective state government leadership, full of natural beauty and wonderful people. It's unfortunate that the cities are trash and blue politics rule, that's why I can't stand to live there anymore and it breaks my heart.

Dr Mantis Toboggan

Kingfisher
Gold Member
Very true. I lived in the NW most of my life. Drive 30 minutes out of the major cities in any direction and you're on a different planet, go east of the Cascade Mountains and you're in a completely different galaxy, comparatively. OR/WA are generally great places to live, aside from the major cities and respective state government leadership, full of natural beauty and wonderful people. It's unfortunate that the cities are trash and blue politics rule, that's why I can't stand to live there anymore and it breaks my heart.

Same is true of California except it's more the far northern part of the state as well as the interior. People think of San Francisco and the Bay Area as "northern California" which they are relative to the other major population center in the state, but if you look at a map they're actually right in the middle of the state on a north-south axis. I used to drive between Tacoma, WA and the Bay Area semi-regularly and once you get about 90 minutes north of SF you're in rural, deep red country pretty much all the way until you hit Eugene, OR. The problem (from an electoral standpoint) is that hardly anybody lives up there.

Easy_C

Crow
That's what has been happening over the last 30 years in particular.

"If we just give them this little thing then they'll chill out and we can all just get along."

Those people didn't realize that the demands were a prop for the aggression, not the other way around.

Hence you have to trick them into signalling their end-game. A call for separation does that. They will counter-signal their desire for your complete annihilation and then the matter can be dealt with honestly.

the other reason is that it gives you a decent cause to rally around. "No taxation without representation" was an extremely reasonable ask for the colonies in the form of wanting representation in parliament and was necessary in order to get enough support from colonial citizens to effect a separation.

Callixtus

Robin
I used to drive between Tacoma, WA and the Bay Area semi-regularly and once you get about 90 minutes north of SF you're in rural, deep red country pretty much all the way until you hit Eugene, OR. The problem (from an electoral standpoint) is that hardly anybody lives up there.

Also the "I don't care what happens in the White House, all I care about is what happens in MY house" mentality. A lot of red leaning folks in blue states assume regardless of whether they vote, they're outnumbered by the opposition and have already lost from the start so they don't bother.

That was really good. I'm tempted to send it to my virus true-believing, never Trumping tradcon/SJW family.
man.....don't stir the pot if you can...just keep the peace, and the ones that you think might have more nationalistic/conservative values, try to pull them to your side...but brother, cherish your family no matter how dysfunctional they may be. I say this as someone that has almost none at the grand ole age of 35