Demons And The City

Aizen

Kingfisher
Orthodox
I've actually been to this place. It's at "Hudson Yards", which is the nicest mall in all of NYC.

That being said, the mall strictly attracts rich foreigners looking for some good architecture and interiors, which are rare in the city. Wealthy Chinese absolutely love this place. And I don't blame them; the rest of the city lays in smoldering ruins.

The structure you referred to is quite eerie. I remember scaling to the top of it on the opening day, and thinking "What's the point?" It didn't inspire any sort of spiritual feeling within me - on the contrary, it felt like somewhat evil. Never felt this way in any other landmark I've visited.

Zep

Pelican
Scripture shows us when we intently walk with God we need to be aware of individuals, around us, who try to influence our behaviour.

1 John 2:16
For everything in the world—the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life—comes not from the Father but from the world.

Jesus gives us the truth for our strength.

Luke 5:16
But Jesus often withdrew to lonely places and prayed

Are some mental disorders really demonic influences?
Ask because I lost someone who became very depressed and angry, who ended up being diagnosed with delusional thoughts/disorders.
Sometimes I wonder if some negative entity attached to this individual given the company kept. I have prayed for this individual to find peace of mind by coming to Jesus.

The answer is somewhere in this video, Father Ripperger illustrates on a whiteboard the difference between mental illness and demonic possession.

All of these posts decrying the inherent hideousness of cities, reminds me of a couple of fantastic documentaries that are both over a decade old. One from the BBC, the other also from British television on Channel 4. There is no sign of them getting a physical release, nor have they been streamed or televised in years. I wonder if it's because their messages are so crucial as to require suppression.

The first is "Why Beauty Matters," hosted by Roger Scruton. Basically a visual and audio treatise on how visual art, architecture and music, before the modern era, had the goal of elevating the human spirit and even redeeming tragedy through beauty being an end unto itself. It also showcases the cult of ugliness and "innovation" for it's own sake, that the modern art world has become; as well as how the soul-crushing Bauhaus and Brutalist inspired architecture of the modern world has aged like curdled milk, and has lead to the archetypical dilapidation and aesthetic rot common to modern cities:

The other is more tangentially related, but still relevant. It's called "The Mona Lisa Curse," hosted by Robert Hughes. It deals more specifically with how the rise of grotesque novelty pursuing modern art is at least partially the product of art transitioning into being more and more of an investment and status object for the rich. This transition being unwittingly spurred on by the Mona Lisa's unexpected rise to iconic celebrity cultural phenomenon. In other words: now every artist or "artist" wants to make the next "Mona Lisa," and every wealthy corporate high climber wants to own the next "Mona Lisa.":

I am also reminded of some of the "art works" that permeated the art school I used to attend. A section that was literally just a bunch of random stones littered together; various works that were just a random conglomerations of geometric or deformed shapes, either painted in bright garish colors, or allowed the underlying material and rust and stains to show through. What they all had in common, is that rather than harmonizing with the landscape and surrounding buildings, they actively warred with them. They simply did not belong. "Landscape graffiti" is how I would describe them.

Besides that, there were these stairs leading from the library that would play a musical ditty when you went up or down them. Well, musical at first, that is. In my initial years there, I remember the melodies being digital but pleasant and soothing. Akin to the music you would hear when booting up your computer (i.e. Windows 95, XP, etc.), or loading up a video game console. Then in the later years they permanently switched the sounds to out of tune discordant violin noises. Basically, imagine hearing various deformed interpretations of the shower scene from "Psycho" every time you went up and down the stairs to your local library.

Yes. You can literally find more beauty in a startup sound from a computer or video game console, than from an art school:

Last edited:
I've actually been to this place. It's at "Hudson Yards", which is the nicest mall in all of NYC.

That being said, the mall strictly attracts rich foreigners looking for some good architecture and interiors, which are rare in the city. Wealthy Chinese absolutely love this place. And I don't blame them; the rest of the city lays in smoldering ruins.

The structure you referred to is quite eerie. I remember scaling to the top of it on the opening day, and thinking "What's the point?" It didn't inspire any sort of spiritual feeling within me - on the contrary, it felt like somewhat evil. Never felt this way in any other landmark I've visited.
Chainsmokers/Illenium did a music video on this. I thought it was pretty sick(cool).

Jackie

Chicken
Woman
The city of New York allows satanic rituals, voodoo, and santeria rituals and sacrifices to go on in their parks. The first time I ever saw a satanic ritual in a park in NYC was when I was six years old in a neighborhood park. It still goes on today and no one cares. There are no news stories or warnings for parents, just a few news articles about it but they are usually very careful in what they write so that they do not offend anyone, or they make a big joke out of it. They don't care that children play in these parks and see these things. There is nothing funny about walking through a park and seeing a voodoo doll tied to a tree, a goat head, dead chickens and ducks, a sacrificed baby rabbit and this was all in one park which is named Forest Park In Queens. That city is also loaded with child molesters.

MBell

Sparrow
Woman
Orthodox
Having lived in both a larger urban area and a more suburban setting, I have noticed that a more subtle indicator of spiritual degeneracy and overall degradation was the presence of astrology and new age stores. It was common to see such establishments in a city but I noticed one day that they were springing up in my local town. I was in college and I heard how my friend's mother was regularly using a psychic for advice to make life decisions. Some friends whom I considered to be religious also talked about reading their horoscopes every morning before class. On a visceral level, this stuff has always made me uncomfortable. Growing in my faith has helped me to see how evil can sneak in gradually through various guises and overtake a community with its poisonous influence. In my experiences, demonic influence gained a foothold through a seemingly benign interest in psychics and astrology in my community.

PaulC

Robin
Reading the posts in this thread on art made me think of Alton Brown, the celebrity cook. He was a Christian family man, and would have his grandmother on his television programme. He posted pictures of the Bible, firearms, and tactical knives on his Instagram feed. He lived in a beautiful, light-filled Antebellum home. All in all, he seemed like a normal guy.

At one point he took an interest in off-putting, ugly modern art. He said that it occurred during a trip to NYC. He claimed that a storm appeared and he took refuge in the first building he came upon. That store was a modern art gallery. The owner of the gallery befriended him and taught him about modern art. He then began a collection.

Mr. Brown later divorced his wife and moved into a large brick loft with black walls and dark furniture. I believe he described it as "industrial", but I just remember thinking it was creepy. (Most of the pictures I'm seeing online now seem OK, but I distinctly remember him having shelves with mummified animals and medical devices or some such.) He ended up marrying his interior decorator. During the COVID lockdown, he made the mistake of live-streaming from his home, where he revealed his true self. Turns out he's not a normal guy after all, and his new wife came across as borderline demonic.

As I later found out, prior to being a TV cook, he worked in film production. He was the cameraman filming the famous music video for the song "Losing My Religion" by homosexual band R.E.M.

Gimlet

Kingfisher
The city of New York allows satanic rituals, voodoo, and santeria rituals and sacrifices to go on in their parks. The first time I ever saw a satanic ritual in a park in NYC was when I was six years old in a neighborhood park. It still goes on today and no one cares. There are no news stories or warnings for parents, just a few news articles about it but they are usually very careful in what they write so that they do not offend anyone, or they make a big joke out of it. They don't care that children play in these parks and see these things. There is nothing funny about walking through a park and seeing a voodoo doll tied to a tree, a goat head, dead chickens and ducks, a sacrificed baby rabbit and this was all in one park which is named Forest Park In Queens. That city is also loaded with child molesters.

The jews perform their animal sacrifice rituals openly, right in the streets of Brooklyn every year, slaughtering tens of thousands of chickens. The stench is unbearable. The practice is called Kapparot, you can find plenty of videos on Youtube.

messaggera

Kingfisher
Woman
Have heard of the murder of Sister Margaret Ann Pahl?
She was murdered (at the age of 71) by a Catholic priest who practiced satanic rituals; including human sacrifices and SRA. He stabbed her 31 times.

The case went to the State Supreme Court - the priest was convicted and denied appeal. There was only one other conviction for homicide of a Catholic Priest in the United States - this was the second.

The priest was very popular, especially among the Polish communities and often heard confessions in Polish. When he died they still buried him as a priest. He died of a heart attack.

Another case came forward about satanic abuse, and was dismissed. However within those documents it shows police were protecting abusive priests within the community. The same community that was ranked fourth in the nation for human trafficking.

If corrupt police are going to protect satanic abuses by a priest it is no wonder why human trafficking flourishes.

Philonous

Sparrow
I remember when I was younger, I actually had the ambition of moving to a big city like New York, or somewhere in Florida, Georgia or California in order to make contacts and get a leg up in the illustration and/or animation fields. Looking at the output from animation studios and the art world in general, I can't imagine working for an art company and being able to look at my face in the mirror each day. If there is one area of culture that the theological and political Left control with an absolute iron fist, it's definitely the art world. Trying to make contacts with people who aren't basically card carrying members of BLM, ANTIFA or the Communist Party/Cultural Marxism is a laughable joke.

I'd recommend anyone wanting to become an artist, to self train via online tutorials or schools, similar to what is recommended on this list/article:

The author of this article also started his own online art school:

Also if you happen to be blessed to be near an old school style atelier, and can afford it, then go. They are very traditional and conservative, and will train you in the manner of classic masters like Leonardo and Michelangelo:

Whatever you do, avoid standard university/secular art schools like the plague. Both for being overpriced, usually having a "too many cooks in the kitchen" type of inefficient training, and the constant Marxist indoctrination you will have to endure/bite your tongue at (I speak from personal experience.) The Marxism in universities is already bad enough; in a university art school, that already noxious level of Marxism is turned up to 11. It's like being in the very center of the Hive, just mere feet away from the queen.

It is a blessing that the internet can aid us in pursuing training and a possible living outside of having to uproot ourselves from communities and go into devilish cities. I do not know how the current online purge of conservatives may affect this in the future though.
I was wondering when I’d find a fellow artist on this forum. Now I wonder how to go about telling my story without completely breaking my anonymity (this, when I’ve only been on here a week).

In the 1980’s, in the Mid-Atlantic—a year out of high school—I enrolled in my one and only year at a big-city private art college. At the time the place had yet to completely devolve into a cultural-marxist babysitting service, but it was well on its way. “Art School Confidential”.

That was between my ages of 19 and 20. Me being the belated Gen-x son of two WWII-era parents (since deceased).

Well, my parents and other relatives had remembered the art college from its pre-1960s days, its pre pop-art days. Back then it had taught European academic painting, classical marble sculpture, architecture, etc. And it still taught some academic painting—to a degree. Still taught some traditional sculpture—to a degree. But the rest of the stuff was just Mark Rothko garbage, and there was no way to really convey this to my family (they weren’t artists themselves).

And would I say there were demonic influences there?

After I had left the place in disgust, I met this lady at our local church; she was an unattractive woman I didn’t particularly like—but occasionally she’d say something that struck me as unusually insightful. And as it turns out she had also been a former student at that same art college. And she just blurted out one Sunday after the sermon that she remembered feeling “dark unseen presences” the whole time she was there.

And so privately I thought about that—and I wound up agreeing with it. Yes, the place gave me those spooky feelings (as did that part of the surrounding city). Granted, I was so angry about the pseudo-intellectual “aesthete” garbage I mentally blotted it out, but I was having an awful lot of nightmares the year I was there.

But I agree with all the recommendations you put in your post. The Art Renewal site—I have that bookmarked. Learning from artists online.

I didn’t go back to oil painting until last year—32 years after leaving that art school. I did some drawings for payment, some pencil portraits and tattoo designs, but for decades I was engaged in much more basic vocations (the kind where you “clock in” and “clock out”).

My first completed oil portrait since I went back to it is one of Aleksandr Dugin. Don’t know how people on this site feel about Dugin, but I’m in agreement with him.

I’m now working on a Virgin Mary portrait in the vein of Bouguereau. I’m using the same black gown for my Virgin that Bouguereau used in his “Virgin With The Angels”.

Learn from people online, and if you weren’t blessed to grow up with family or friends who are artists (I wasn’t), then also seek some sort of intelligent social interaction online, as you’re dealing with a craft that demands you work alone for long stretches. And the social interaction is the only thing that’s going to pull you out of ruts.

Jünger

Ostrich
My first completed oil portrait since I went back to it is one of Aleksandr Dugin. Don’t know how people on this site feel about Dugin, but I’m in agreement with him.
I knew of Dugin years ago because of alt-right sites where he was discussed, but Duginism made no impression on me. Now he is a bete noire that Glenn Beck tells me I need to worry about- something of a surprise there.

Philonous

Sparrow
I knew of Dugin years ago because of alt-right sites where he was discussed, but Duginism made no impression on me. Now he is a bete noire that Glenn Beck tells me I need to worry about- something of a surprise there.
Matthis is...quite the painter of the nude!

I’m laughing. Obviously, it’d be hard to find an artist whose done more nudes than Bouguereau, but those aren’t the paintings of his I focus on.

As a polemicist Dugin is about nations returning to their traditional religious values, about the resistance of “globohomo” and the other so-called “human rights” both major US political parties now stand for (want us to go to war for), and about individual nations restricting the greater portion of their comities to the longitudinal region of the world they themselves occupy. I find it hard to disagree with such positions.

However, on a forum as large as this you can have Ukrainian Orthodox Christians who will oppose him due to their own nationalism, or Greek Orthodox Christians who oppose him because he supports the Moscow side of the Constantinople-Moscow Schism. Some may be looking to win American supporters of these positions. Which is fine, but when it comes to me they’ll have to look elsewhere.

Jackie

Chicken
Woman
My sister has schizophrenia. Her first psychotic episode was when she was 16, we were home alone and she came running out of her room saying that there was a devil in there and it was talking to her. She ran out of the house only wearing a t-shirt and underwear. Then she was hospitalized and diagnosed with schizophrenia. I have always been there for her when she is in the hospital, I bring her food and anything else she wants and visit her almost every single visiting day she has but she hates me so much. She has even tried to poison my food and threw a glass table at me. It's not normal how much she hates me and I love her so much. I really believe that she might be possessed because sometimes when she is not hearing voices, she will talk really sweetly to me and she will be so loving and happy. But when she is hearing voices, she talks about the scariest things anyone could imagine.