Demons Can Put Thoughts Into Your Mind

TheFunto

Pigeon
Hi brother, I have found much benefit in deliverance prayer in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, and have followed and used the vocabulary offered by Derek Prince in his books, testimonies and sermons one can find on YouTube, Kindle and other places. I very much recommend, the words and language is very useful.

fortyfive

Sparrow
There is actually a simple, proven way how to greatly reduce unwanted thoughts and overthinking.

The first is to recognize bad thoughts and deliberately change our thinking towards good thoughts. Its called ,,renewing mind,,
Bible is teaching us to do “Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is–his good, pleasing and perfect will.” – Romans 12:2

When we are thinking bad thoughts then we feel badly too. Bad thinking produces bad emotions and feelings.
The consequences of our beliefs in the mind are not just actions but feelings as well.

The second proven way how to divert bad thoughts is to start enjoying little everyday things and activities no matter how trivial and boring they look to others. You can even be counting clouds in the sky and enjoying it. Look at little kids. They are happy almost all the time.
Dwelling on negative thoughts is done by choice. Everyone can cut them, except possessed people.
We can think about what we want.

This second method is closely described in the famous book, Flow: The Psychology of Optimal Experience

SUNNDANCE1

Chicken
In the old Testament, God made Lucifer the Sun God. In the new Testament, he was promoted to the Atmosphere God. He was put in charge of protecting his children and giving them Oxygen to breathe. Lucifer has never been demoted and resides in the "air we breathe".
His negative whispers start from the time we awaken.. over time, if you believe what he is saying, you are in hince "worshiping another God".. or (worshiping Satan).
Once Satan controls the mind, the body will follow.

ThaDJ1

Chicken
Very Good Article and thought provoking. I would like to interject/share with a few thoughts. First, you are along the right lines saying that we are tempted, there can be no doubt. However I would argue about the point of "outside of Heaven" being the ONLY place that Lucifer can affect thoughts. (i .e.Heaven is Safe). We know that 1) Lucifer tempted AND TURNED Angels in HEAVEN in the beginning. (The Earth was formless and void). Study that. To understand where we are headed one must understand where we came from. Not so much "we" as humans, but "we" as the good side. Lucifer and all the Angels started in Heaven with the Creator. Heaven, however was the Earth BEFORE we came into existence. So much out there to support this - right out of the Bible. It is very interesting. After the rebellion, Lucifer was allowed to remain on the Earth along with 1/10 of his angels. (The other 9/10ths of his rebellion are impisoned until the Tribulation). This allowance was to test us. He wants our souls as much as God does. We are clearly allowed to be tested. That is proven. Satan and his Angels can act to influence us...influencing our thoughts But I believe it is LAW that we are allowed to choose the choices that allow us to reach / attain our place in Heaven or Hell (removed from Heaven). I also believe Heaven is here on Earth after the Return of Christ. Lucifer's angels (Demons as some call them) can't even mess with us unless allowed by God (Yahweh). It is assumed both sides can make moves to affect some type of outcome (protection, blessings, etc) but only when allowed by God. We must choose to notice the signs. I believe we are supposed to be tested. That is the whole point. This world existence is to see how we handle our test. Even in the end times (Revelations) it clearly states that Lucifer/Satan will be imprisoned for a THOUSAND years after Christ returns but then, be RELEASED once again for a short time to test those on the Earth who live with God. Imagine that. After the Tribulation and Christ's return to the Earth to reign for a thousand years... Satan is then released to test us again. Our existence on this earth is show our true colors. We are in the time where we must be able to stand up to the coming persecution. It may mean our lives here on this earth. Do not allow Satan or his Angels to win the battle for your soul. Continue to prove to God that you are fearful of his awesomeness.

Arlene

Chicken
Woman
When I have a bad though I imagine it to be a demon and I kill him in a sadistic way. Dont know if it should be that way. But kinda like a dragon and I hold a sword and cut him thousand times. Sometimes I burn them.
I fired the sign of the cross at them, the one time they visited me at night, and yelled, Get out and NEVER COME BACK!" I asked Fr. if it was ok to be that angry, since anger is a passion we try to avoid, but he said it was fine to be angry at Satan. When we got baptized into the church last year, we all went outside and spit at all the Demons.:)

Arlene

Chicken
Woman
I’m sleeping with the Psalms being read from an audible Bible app.

Protestants are generally free will v predestination. Most people outside Protestantism think that most Protestants are Calvinist but most retain the RC view of free will. I can understand why calvinists want to promote the Sovereignty of God doctrine but it seems clear that God has chosen to limit himself by his own word and delegate authority.

I have heard it preached that if you are worried about committing blasphemy against the Holy Spirit then it is the reliable sign that you’re not reprobate, the Holy Spirit is still present. A reprobate mind would be unwilling and unable to repent but would probably double down with the hatred.

Attributing supernatural moves of the Holy Spirit to Satan can move people dangerously close to this blasphemy however. Certain denominations have a doctrine of Cessationism which holds the Holy Spirit stopped His miracles with the last of the NT apostles. This doctrine comes from Calvin’s polemic against miracles within the RC church and the Scottish Enlightenment. This might make it easier to attribute good supernatural works to Satan following the Pharisee’s example.
I go to sleep listening to the Psalms too!

I'm gonna share something with you guys from the second volume of the Philokalia, it's called 'Homily on Virtues & Vice' by St John of Damascus (in my opinion, the best Church Father for us in the west to read in order to understand the logic of the Orthodox Faith). In this, he speaks about the process in which we come to act out sinful thoughts, words and actions. This entire homily is important anthropological data we must all study. Please pray for me, as now that I have shared this with you, the demons shall come down upon me fiercely.

ben1

Sparrow
I agree in practice that we often get many wicked thoughts that are not from God and which it is the Christian's obligation to reject. However, I am trying to think of a biblical basis for believing that demons have access to the brains of believers.

In the New Testament we see demonic possession (a grotesque parody and counterfeit of the Christian's possession of the Holy Spirit). Otherwise, though, I am trying to understand is there is a biblical basis for a saved Christian to receive direct mental influence from a demon.

Arlene

Chicken
Woman
I'm gonna share something with you guys from the second volume of the Philokalia, it's called 'Homily on Virtues & Vice' by St John of Damascus (in my opinion, the best Church Father for us in the west to read in order to understand the logic of the Orthodox Faith). In this, he speaks about the process in which we come to act out sinful thoughts, words and actions. This entire homily is important anthropological data we must all study. Please pray for me, as now that I have shared this with you, the demons shall come down upon me fiercely.

Thank you for sharing, I was unable to open the link but I will find it sourced elsewhere.

Troller

Pelican

Mark 7:14-23 NIV​

Again Jesus called the crowd to him and said, “Listen to me, everyone, and understand this. Nothing outside a person can defile them by going into them. Rather, it is what comes out of a person that defiles them.” After he had left the crowd and entered the house, his disciples asked him about this parable. “Are you so dull?” he asked. “Don’t you see that nothing that enters a person from the outside can defile them? For it doesn’t go into their heart but into their stomach, and then out of the body.” (In saying this, Jesus declared all foods clean.) He went on: “What comes out of a person is what defiles them. For it is from within, out of a person’s heart, that evil thoughts come—sexual immorality, theft, murder, adultery, greed, malice, deceit, lewdness, envy, slander, arrogance and folly. All these evils come from inside and defile a person.”

Mark 7:14-23 NIV​

Again Jesus called the crowd to him and said, “Listen to me, everyone, and understand this. Nothing outside a person can defile them by going into them. Rather, it is what comes out of a person that defiles them.” After he had left the crowd and entered the house, his disciples asked him about this parable. “Are you so dull?” he asked. “Don’t you see that nothing that enters a person from the outside can defile them? For it doesn’t go into their heart but into their stomach, and then out of the body.” (In saying this, Jesus declared all foods clean.) He went on: “What comes out of a person is what defiles them. For it is from within, out of a person’s heart, that evil thoughts come—sexual immorality, theft, murder, adultery, greed, malice, deceit, lewdness, envy, slander, arrogance and folly. All these evils come from inside and defile a person.”
Yeah, this also applies to the Mark of the Beast. Anyone who "drinks" it (scripturally speaking) (the vaccine), and does so unwillingly (by violence and force), does not receive the Mark or its harmful effects on the soul. Fr Savvas the Athonite gave a good sermon about this back in Dec 2020:

meta meta

Chicken
I just found your blog while researching about dopamine. It's refreshing to see an active community that is determined to keep the secular poison out in order to preserve their faith in God. I am a Muslim. Not sure if that will cause any ruckus here but we believe that Christians are under the banner of People of the Book just like us Muslims.

This post really made sense to me. I thought it would be interesting to say that demonic whispers in Islam is called waswas. We believe that every person is born with a qareen or a demon that lives with them through their life. These qareen know you like the back of their hand. They know your lowly desires and your preferences as they are individual to every person. The qareen constantly whispers vile, despicable thoughts into the hearts of men. If you find a sudden thought of such evil you seek refuge in God as they attack ruthlessly in every opportunity to lead you astray. Praying everyone stays strong and steadfast in this fight against the evils of this world.

DeusLuxMeaEst

Pelican
Gold Member
Roosh's post is absolutely true. I've been continuing to struggle with sexual temptation. I've written before on the forum about sleep paralysis and strange, possibly demonically influenced dreams.

I'm continuing to have succubus type dreams and strong temptations from women in the real world. This has gone into overdrive since focusing more on my faith.

Just last night I had a dream with a female demon angry at me for not succumbing. Yesterday during the day a coworker approached me out of the blue to go out for a drink. This coworker is an atheist, liberal and immoral, as I have knowledge she sleeps around while being married. In fact, her and demon may be one and the same.

I know it sounds crazy, but spiritual warfare is very real. The demons know your weakness and for me it's always been lust.

Aloha50

Sparrow
I just found your blog while researching about dopamine. It's refreshing to see an active community that is determined to keep the secular poison out in order to preserve their faith in God. I am a Muslim. Not sure if that will cause any ruckus here but we believe that Christians are under the banner of People of the Book just like us Muslims.

This post really made sense to me. I thought it would be interesting to say that demonic whispers in Islam is called waswas. We believe that every person is born with a qareen or a demon that lives with them through their life. These qareen know you like the back of their hand. They know your lowly desires and your preferences as they are individual to every person. The qareen constantly whispers vile, despicable thoughts into the hearts of men. If you find a sudden thought of such evil you seek refuge in God as they attack ruthlessly in every opportunity to lead you astray. Praying everyone stays strong and steadfast in this fight against the evils of this world.
Welcome friend. Interesting learning about the gareen, sounds plausible. In Christianity it's been said we fight three enemies: the world, the flesh and the devil (more likely demon(s) as most of us will never have interaction with Satan. He can only be in one place at one time - not God - so he probably only deals with really big fish). I was thinking that it's probably often our corrupt flesh that is the culprit. When we are immediately tempted by a women that immediacy is because our flesh is a part of us. For a demon to be able to react that quick or be ready to act when the women appears would grant him foreknowledge something demons don't have (again they aren't God who only has foreknowledge).

I also recommend Derek Prince. This sermon is very good:

I also recommend going right to God in prayer. I often ask God to force the enemy out into the light; out of his dark corners so he can be identified. I also ask God to help me by giving me special discernment in recognizing the voice of the enemy.

edit to add: I believe that our God is a god of specifics, so praying in specifics often yields better results

This Scripture is also very important:

Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world. Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God: And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.3
1 John 4:1-3