Derek Chauvin Trial

JburgP

Chicken
One of the benefits of being retired and a home body is I can watch gavel to gavel coverage of the trial. I watched all of the jury selection and the jury is without a doubt a jury intent on conviction. I do think Derek Chauvin will be found guilty of a lessor charge than Felony murder he will probably be found guilty of 3rd degree murder. There must be some kind of a guilty verdict to mitigate "woke" outrage. Justice isn't the question in this trial community appeasement is the question and in the "woke" condition America unfortunately finds itself in today Chauvin must be sacrificed on the alter of "wokey correctness."

DanielH

Pelican

de5276239d0aa3a6.jpeg

b095fa716ca13cf7.jpeg

f8bd20f2f58533de.jpeg

fa4393a88f04080e.jpeg

Source
What kind of an IQ must one have to wear a hoodie that clearly identifies who you are whilst rioting. To be fair it could just be hubris.

kazz

Kingfisher
Floyd had a prior arrest back in May of 2019, similar to the infamous Chauvin one, where he ingested the drugs and had an extreme health reaction, got taken to the hospital and ended up surviving.

Interesting how similar his behavior was (erratic babbling) on both videos (2019, 2020).

He reminds me of John Cofee from The Green Mile when I look at this video along with the other one. Unless its an act, it seems like he is slow really as in 'simple' minded.

Renzy

Pelican
Since it's clear that some of the people commenting on this thread have not watched the body cam footage in full, I thought it might be helpful to repost these along with the transcripts -

Body cam footage from former officers Thomas Lane and J. Alexander Kueng

Officer Thao's footage begins at the point three officers are trying (unsuccessfully) to get Floyd into the police car:

Note that in Thao's footage at 1:33 (while Floyd is in the back of the squad car) and 30 seconds later at 2:04 (when two officers are trying to get him back into the car after he shoves his way out) he repeatedly says "I can't breathe" well before he's on the ground.

Text/transcript for Officer Lane's body cam footage -

Last edited:

Renzy

Pelican
George Parry, former federal and state prosecutor, and former Chief of the Police Brutality/Misconduct Unit of the Philadelphia DA's Office from 1978-1983, gives a breakdown of the events and his view of the case given the evidence:

u175-5.png

From an article, written by Parry in August of last year:

C8795828-A3BE-441B-9580-B0C829D7F35B-493x400.png

This is an illustration from the Minneapolis Police Department’s official training materials on how to safely and properly subdue a suspect suffering from “excited delirium,” a potentially lethal medical condition which, due to the rising use and abuse of illicit drugs, has grown to epidemic proportions on the streets of America.

Look closely. The depicted suspect is flat on the ground with his head turned to the side in what the illustration calls “the recovery position to alleviate positional asphyxia.” The officer on the left is kneeling on the side of the suspect’s neck.

Look familiar?

Last edited:

griffinmill

Kingfisher
My opinion on this case is that Chauvin did cause Floyd's death. It wasn't asphyxiation, but rather the stress of the situation that was placed upon a heavily intoxicated man with many underlying health issues. But how much to blame is Chauvin? He was dealing with a 6'4 erratic individual who had been behind the wheel of a car when the police first intervened.

Floyd's death was just a terrible accident and I'm not sure what could have been done differently. Floyd was totally uncooperative and high as a kite. He refused to stay in the cop car and behaved totally unpredictably.

Crucially, Chauvin didn't go rogue. He referred to his training and didn't do anything that wasn't in the manual. There is nothing to suggest race played any kind of part in this because it's ludicrous to believe a white cop decided to murder a black man while being filmed by onlookers.

The whole problem with this case is the optics: the knee-on-neck is an emotional image and most media are race baiters who are very skilled at getting all of the low IQ minions around us worked up into a lather without them ever researching stats or facts.

Also, just to pick up on a point others have mentioned here. The stupidity of some of these witnesses is truly shocking. Particularly that slut who was banging Floyd. It's a horror show. What kind of woman sleeps with a career criminal drug addict loser like Floyd?

^In the end, that's all it should boil down to: was it Chauvin's knee that resulted in Floyd's death or the cocktail of drugs that Floyd ingested. Was it the knee or the drugs that killed him?

All of this reporting we're seeing on how emotional the testimonies of witnesses are as we watch teary eyed soliloquies about how they felt are irrelevant. In the end, the substance of the case should be what the cause of death was - based on the autoposy and toxicology reports - not speculations from Tyrone the MMA fighter who thinks it was a "blood choke".
Even if it was the knee (which it looks like is doubtful), they still need to prove the requisite criminal intent. I don’t see how it would even go beyond potential criminal negligence (recklessness). He dragged the guy out of the car and put his knee down on his neck because he just hated blacks? Out of all the blacks he inevitably dealt with during his career, he chose to murder this one black guy in front of a dozen witnesses with cameras because of pure uncontrollable hatred for his skin?

Foolsgo1d

Peacock
Its a show trial. No way in hell will this guy walk and any facts surrounding Floyds health is irrelevant to proceedings as far as the mob is concerned.

Anything less than first degree murder will be just another excuse to Burn, Loot, Murder.

The USA and by extension the West is in serious decline and this case is just one of many examples to point to. A drug addict criminal dies at the hands of a white cop - massive riots for months on end with multiple fatalities, muggings, violence and looting.

Some black retired cop who tried to stop a bunch of looters gets murdered - crickets.

The insanity inside the USA has infected the world and in some form or another it will be cleansed. I dont know by what or when but a reckoning will come for this whole decaying, corrupt mess we're in.

Its a show trial. No way in hell will this guy walk and any facts surrounding Floyds health is irrelevant to proceedings as far as the mob is concerned.

Anything less than first degree murder will be just another excuse to Burn, Loot, Murder.

The USA and by extension the West is in serious decline and this case is just one of many examples to point to. A drug addict criminal dies at the hands of a white cop - massive riots for months on end with multiple fatalities, muggings, violence and looting.

Some black retired cop who tried to stop a bunch of looters gets murdered - crickets.

The insanity inside the USA has infected the world and in some form or another it will be cleansed. I dont know by what or when but a reckoning will come for this whole decaying, corrupt mess we're in.
On top of that you have individual blacks and members of various organizations making terroristic threats if the jury does many do what they want. This is all facilitated by social media and encouraged by whatever they call the regular media. None of it will even be investigated by “law enforcement,” before or after these people riot. The government of the USA is in an open war by proxy against its subjects.

Max Roscoe

Kingfisher
Remember that we are dealing with a society that has redefined rape from a man attacking and forcibly penetrating a woman against her will to some bizarre "consent theory" crime where woman can post-fornication, decide that they "revoke consent" and thus were raped. This revocation of consent requires no informing of the man, and can be done years after the fact, even if the woman was your girlfriend and not a stranger, as happened to Harvey Weinstein.

If rape now means sex with girlfriend that she has a certain feeling about after the fact, then murder can surely mean whatever Derek Chauvin did to George Floyd.

He will be found guilty.

Now, he has a good attorney, so there is the hope that he will only be found guilty of one of the lesser charges, and innocent of the serious murder charges.

The reality is the public does not approve of police putting their knee on a citizen's neck for 9 minutes, and one of the very few ways they have of voicing this discontent is through a jury vote. The government certainly isn't going to make police more peaceful or friendly. So they will vote guilty on at least one charge to protest police violence, which is a huge problem in America.

The bigger question is how will the media cover this. Manslaughter is the accidental or unintentional killing, like if I glance away while driving and hit someone with my car. I did not intend to kill the victim. I do not know the victim. I do not have any ill will against him. But my actions caused him to die. It is fairly easy to make the case that Chauvin had an unintentional role in Floyd's death and is guilty of manslaughter. Anyway, manslaughter is the only charge it is possible to prove legally.

If the media correctly describes (LOL) the justice of such a verdict, then people will view the manslaughter verdict as good and celebrate it. But if the media says "people are outraged that Chauvin was not convicted of murdering Floyd in the first degree," then people will view the manslaughter verdict as bad and riot and destroy and probably kill. I know where I have my money.

homersheineken

Kingfisher
My opinion on this case is that Chauvin did cause Floyd's death. It wasn't asphyxiation, but rather the stress of the situation that was placed upon a heavily intoxicated man with many underlying health issues. But how much to blame is Chauvin? He was dealing with a 6'4 erratic individual who had been behind the wheel of a car when the police first intervened.

Floyd's death was just a terrible accident and I'm not sure what could have been done differently. Floyd was totally uncooperative and high as a kite. He refused to stay in the cop car and behaved totally unpredictably.

Crucially, Chauvin didn't go rogue. He referred to his training and didn't do anything that wasn't in the manual. There is nothing to suggest race played any kind of part in this because it's ludicrous to believe a white cop decided to murder a black man while being filmed by onlookers.

The whole problem with this case is the optics: the knee-on-neck is an emotional image and most media are race baiters who are very skilled at getting all of the low IQ minions around us worked up into a lather without them ever researching stats or facts.

Also, just to pick up on a point others have mentioned here. The stupidity of some of these witnesses is truly shocking. Particularly that slut who was banging Floyd. It's a horror show. What kind of woman sleeps with a career criminal drug addict loser like Floyd?

I agree with what you're saying in theory, but you're contradicting yourself.

If Chauvin caused his death, that's not an accident. Chauvin was the officer in control of the situation and if he causes the death, that's on him and it's no longer an accident.

But this is just semantics.

The video clearly shows him resisting arrest multiple times, injesting illicit drugs and complaining for a long time that he can't breathe. And even after he "can't breathe', he's not only able to continually verbalize "can't breathe", but also somehow find the strength and oxygen to continue to resist arrest.

As many have said this is just a show trial. We don't have a justice system. We have a penal system. And that system is entirely dependent on what the elite want it to be, not on some ideal of fairness or equality as the founders envisioned.

We also have a media system who's job isn't to report injustices or inequality in this system, but rather to reaffirm the elite's belief system of superiority creating a show trial. Just like every other "race" trial the country has seen the last few generations.

It's theatre. Comedy for them, tragedy for the rest of us who will have to again deal with the consequences.

Last edited:
What kind of an IQ must one have to wear a hoodie that clearly identifies who you are whilst rioting. To be fair it could just be hubris.

Organizational support. For the same reason why Antifa wasn't ever touched by the police in Democrat ruled cities because Antifa is their paramilitary arm. Whilst the Police suddenly sprung into actions when their opponents came.

Also who gets the book thrown at them despite evidence and the truth proving the guilt otherwise shows which side has State backing or not.

Renzy

Pelican

Derek Chauvin trial: police chief to testify against former officer in 'remarkable move'

The police chief himself is going to be one of the witnesses testifying against Chauvin:

As the prosecutor Jerry Blackwell addressed the jury for the first time in the murder trial of Derek Chauvin last week, he reeled off a list of witnesses expected to testify: from eyewitnesses who watched as the former officer held his knee on George Floyd’s neck for nine minutes and 29 seconds, to forensic pathologists, use of force experts and members of the Minneapolis police department.

Among the most significant on this long list was the most senior member of that department, Chief Medaria Arradondo.

It is, of course, rare for an officer-involved death to make it to criminal trial, but it is rarer still – perhaps unprecedented, experts say – for a police chief to testify against one of their own former officers.

The testimony from the police chief is expected to be that Chauvin used excessive force. It will be interesting to see how this squares up when the medical examiners' give their testimony as to the cause of death.

Although a spokesperson for the Minneapolis police department would not comment on the nature of the chief’s testimony, Blackwell made clear in his opening statement that Arradondo was not likely to pull his punches.

“He is going to tell you that Mr Chauvin’s conduct was not consistent with Minneapolis police department training,” Blackwell said. “He will not mince any words. He’s very clear. He will be very decisive, that this was excessive force.”

3600.jpg

Arradondo, Minneapolis’s first Black police chief and a lifelong veteran of the beleaguered police force, assumed his position in 2017 and was thrust into the national spotlight as soon as Floyd’s death occurred. He moved to fire the four officers involved in the incident within days, in the face of significant criticism from Minneapolis’s police union, who accused him of acting “without due process”.

griffinmill

Kingfisher
If Chauvin caused his death, that's not an accident. Chauvin was the officer in control of the situation and if he causes the death, that's on him and it's no longer an accident.

But can't you cause a death without it being intentional? Maybe I didn't make my wording clear. Chauvin was responsible for the death but didn't intentionally and knowingly choose it.