Derek Chauvin Trial

Dusty

Peacock
Gold Member
The law states that if you shoot a man falling from a skyscraper and the bullet kills him, you are still guilty of murder. Doesn't matter he was seconds away from crashing into the pavement and dying. Its still murder. Plus opioid overdoses happen almost always instantly, GF was still conscious and functioning although sluggish.
That’s the second time you used that retarded analogy.

What happened here is not anything like shooting a person jumping off a skyscraper.

get2choppaaa

Pelican
But the opioid we're talking about here is fentanyl, a lethal dose of fentanyl will kill you instantly. You don't take a lethal dose of fentanyl, walk into a store, get into an altercation then suddenly overdose because digestion has kicked in.
Not in all cases. The delivery form has impact on the rate of absorption. Transdermal vs nasal vs ingestion via stomach ect....

Many people start having OD reactions and are given Narcan, which blocks the receptors and allows for the drugs to pass through the system.

Again I think you read something on the internet and are running with it and are also not paying attention to the FACTS of the case.

Johnnyvee

Pelican
Fascinating. It's like we watched two separate trials.

I haven`t watched the trial at all. I was talking about the video(s). It`s not a big deal to me either way, but I can`t understand the sentiment that apparently most guys here have on this subject. Maybe it`s because I`m not a huge fan of police in general, but I think that this specific case is quite clear. Doesn`t have anything to to with my stance on race and immigration, as I believe that it`s best to maintain racially homogeneous nations anyway.

Dusty

Peacock
Gold Member
I haven`t watched the trial at all. I was talking about the video(s). It`s not a big deal to me either way, but I can`t understand the sentiment that apparently most guys here have on this subject. Maybe it`s because I`m not a huge fan of police in general, but I think that this specific case is quite clear. Doesn`t have anything to to with my stance on race and immigration, as I believe that it`s best to maintain racially homogeneous nations anyway.
How did GF die?

get2choppaaa

Pelican
Did you watch all the footage? Did you see his interactions with Police during the time before he was placed on the ground?

Factually:

Chauvin followed SOP for the department.
Chauvin had an unsafe scene with the bystanders threatening him.
Police are under no obligation to give aid to a person. They are obligated to secure the scene. That restraint position, no matter how bad it looks, is one of the LEAST dangerous positions to keep an individual under, and is incredibly rare to result in injury to the detainee. (like 2 out of 100000)

People don't seem to understand (not saying this is YOU but many fall into the category) that Police do not exist to give CPR/Aid/… Their job is to prevent a person from illegal acts or to apprehend individuals who are committing illegal acts. The rate of escalation of force is relative to the actions of the detainee.

Floyd had a history of swallowing drugs @ arrest. He was hospitalized and nearly died for this last year. SOOOOOOO when you bear all that in mind its pretty obvious that the FACTS prove this case was not a good case for Chauvin being responsible for Floyds death... unless we are going to suggest something ludicrous like its the Cops fault anytime someone breaks the law, effectively takes a suicide pill, and is combatant with the police and dies as a result of conditions they enacted to themselves prior to or during the detention.

Dusty

Peacock
Gold Member
The state had to back away from the claim that Floyd died from having his neck choked.

Their medical expert said Floyd died from being in the prone position and from the weight of Chauvin and the other cops on his back.

Crowder replicated the prone position with people on top, and he said it was uncomfortable but not bad. Crowder didn’t die.

Last edited:

Towgunner

Woodpecker
I've been listening to the closing arguments, as much as I can, so, this is just my opinion. I very much agree that the prosecution relied on emotion to make their case. The prosecutor was making a lot of excuses for Floyd's behavior. I found myself rolling my eyes as they tried to defend Floyd's reluctance to get into the car because he was claustrophobic. Give me a break. The defense was a lot more spot on with the technicalities of the case, in other words, not trying to appeal to emotion and being objective. The footage shows the officers working together reviewing their procedures and looking for insight. I did NOT hear any racial slurs or indications that the arresting officers were out to get a black man for the heck of it. They seemed pretty poised, professional and unless provoked pleasant, as they can be, with Floyd.

I could be off. These things drone on and on, so, I've been listening on and off.

Renzy

Pelican
This is what you're dealing with on a day to day basis with so many issues. A strong positive opinion based on absolutely nothing. How can you live like this?

I didn't watch the trial

I didn't watch the prosecution present their case

I didn't watch the defense present their case

I didn't hear from any of the expert witnesses from either side

I didn't review the medical examiner's report or read the toxicology report

BUt It's ObvIOUs tO mE thAt hE's cLEArLy gUILty!

It’s about evidence, right and wrong, and the integrity of the justice system.

The video is very misleading. I too thought it looked excessive in the beginning. The bodycam footage, toxicology and autopsy reports are showing a different story. This is why they have the trial right? To hear out all the evidence. Can't really have an honest opinion on the case from the video alone, at least one that says Chauvin definitively committed murder.

Johnnyvee

Pelican
This is what you're dealing with on a day to day basis with so many issues. A strong positive opinion based on absolutely nothing. How can you live like this?

BS! Watching the video is enough. When did the police become our friend by the way. Haven`t they been banging people over the head with batons for the last 12 months due to the c-19 issue?

I live in the world of empiricism every day, as science (biology) is what I do for a living. I don`t see a court of law as science really, although they sometimes use the tools of science. Anyway, I have my opinion on this, and I`m not changing it for the sake of popularity. I respect your opinion also Feyoder, deal with it!

griffinmill

Kingfisher
One thing that occured to me today. Not once during this trial has race been mentioned, not even by the prosecution. Remember the OJ trial? It was all about race from the prosecution despite it having even less to do with that case than the Chauvin trial.

It's helpful to remember this when you hear the BLM activist talking heads on MSM pontificating about this being about a racist white guy murdering a black man.

The procecution doesn't even believe that.

Johnnyvee

Pelican
I didn't watch the trial

I didn't watch the prosecution present their case

I didn't watch the defense present their case

I didn't hear from any of the expert witnesses from either side

I didn't review the medical examiner's report or read the toxicology report

BUt It's ObvIOUs tO mE thAt hE's cLEArLy gUILty!

I don`t care about the verdict as such, but I do believe my own eyes. Most people know that a human needs oxygen to survive, and he could have let up a little at any stage there. A trial will usually be emotional in nature, and might serve to confuse rather that enlighten.

Papaya

Peacock
Gold Member
^This is why the demagogues win...always

8600007eb4a492d94fd618e79bcafef0.jpg

310119_214567545277445_152196238181243_576693_735972431_n.jpg

Believe your eyes....

Last edited:
One thing that occured to me today. Not once during this trial has race been mentioned, not even by the prosecution. Remember the OJ trial? It was all about race from the prosecution despite it having even less to do with that case than the Chauvin trial.

It's helpful to remember this when you hear the BLM activist talking heads on MSM pontificating about this being about a racist white guy murdering a black man.

The procecution doesn't even believe that.

The prosecution has most likely been banned from such lines of attack. Chauvin isn't facing hate crime charges, and his interaction with floyd was initiated solely due to his job requirements. You can't call it profiling if he's already scuffling with other arresting officers when you get there.

Enoch

Ostrich
I don`t care about the verdict as such, but I do believe my own eyes. Most people know that a human needs oxygen to survive, and he could have let up a little at any stage there. A trial will usually be emotional in nature, and might serve to confuse rather that enlighten.
Are you aware that your eyes were watching something captured on video at a very specific angle?