Derek Chauvin Trial

Johnnyvee

Ostrich
Other Christian
Although I might disagree with most here on the actual case, I still think that Chauvin was represented in a less than satisfactory manner by his defence. Law is not my field at all, but I pointed out before the sentence, and it seemed obvious to me, that he should have gone for a non-jury trial.

I also think that when they did decide to opt for a jury, that he should have taken the stand. That would have given him a chance to "humanize" himself before the jury, who are not trained professionals like the police and judges etc. They are easily emotionally swayed like most people I would guess, and the picture of him as some sort of monster/racist cop could have been altered. Strange decision again! Don`t know if the outcome would have been any different, but it think that he would have stood a better chance at least.

I actually think that the police losing control, which might be a consequence of the development that we are seeing, could work in our favour. That means that people are forced to wake up and take matters into their own hands. So, maybe more support for the 2nd amendment and so on. Or maybe it`s just a part of things that must happen in order to progress towards the trials and tribulations that are coming.

The Penitent Man

Kingfisher
Protestant

National Fraternal Order of Police: "The trial was fair and due process was served."​

o_O

8d0b3af677f50813.png
Imagine the confidence one must have knowing an organization like this has your back.

Renzy

Pelican
Catholic
Although I might disagree with most here on the actual case, I still think that Chauvin was represented in a less than satisfactory manner by his defence. Law is not my field at all, but I pointed out before the sentence, and it seemed obvious to me, that he should have gone for a non-jury trial.

I also think that when they did decide to opt for a jury, that he should have taken the stand. That would have given him a chance to "humanize" himself before the jury, who are not trained professionals like the police and judges etc. They are easily emotionally swayed like most people I would guess, and the picture of him as some sort of monster/racist cop could have been altered. Strange decision again! Don`t know if the outcome would have been any different, but it think that he would have stood a better chance at least.

I actually think that the police losing control, which might be a consequence of the development that we are seeing, could work in our favour. That means that people are forced to wake up and take matters into their own hands. So, maybe more support for the 2nd amendment and so on. Or maybe it`s just a part of things that must happen in order to progress towards the trials and tribulations that are coming.

I think the takeaway from the Left/BLM/Antifa is going to be mob rule works. You get the behavior that you reward and the lesson we are teaching the Left is that threats and intimidation work.

We rioted all last summer, and will do it again unless he's convicted.

Well, they got what they demanded and so I think in the Left's political paradigm they'll view the conviction thusly: the system may be racist and biased, but if you're threatening enough you can influence the outcome. On this I now agree with them. That isn't how it's supposed to work, but that is the new reality.

Despite the fact that the jurors were anonymous I have no doubt their identities could have easily been found out. You think none of their coworkers noticed they've been out of the office for the last couple of weeks? You think these jurors' employers don't know why their employees haven't been at work since last March?

The jury could have been moved away from what is literally the epicenter of the riots, they could have been sequestered early on, even just the weekend before closing arguments. You had a sitting congresswoman insinuating threats if they didn't deliver a conviction and still we're all supposed to believe he'd receive an impartial judgement.

Redcrosse

Kingfisher
Other Christian
She’s white, therefore she’s a beneficiary of systematic racism so deserved what she got. And she probably used the N word too. The nice man on TV told me Saint George was a gentle giant and a gentle giant would never do that unless he had a reason.

Actually, on second thought, it was probably her white boyfriend who did that to her and she (being a brainwashed victim of the white patriarchy and suffering from internalized misogyny brought on by her foolish decision to cohabitate with a criminal white male rather than a noble black freedom fighter against the system) blamed it on an innocent black man and the police used their white privilege and systematic racism powers to frame the innocent black man George Floyd. I’m so happy my advanced college education has prepared me to see through white supremacist lies. Also, anyone sharing that photo should be banned from the internet altogether.

Last edited:

Sam Malone

Ostrich
Catholic
Gold Member
Somewhere in this thread there are a couple of posts that show how the Minneapolis Police Department training manual (or maybe the Minnesota training manual ?) shows how to use that knee-in-the-back tactic to subdue someone. If I remember correctly, it's an Israeli model that was incorporated into the training.

Back to my point, if a couple of members on here were able to find that information, Chauvin's attorney should have been able to as well.

I agree, I don't think the defense did the best job they could have for Chauvin.

Rogue Statistician

Robin
Protestant
I just had a weekly work call, where I interface with many government workers.

The immediate topic of discussion was the verdict. Keeping in mind that ALL of the people on this call are white the conversation was as follows:

1) Many members of the team work remote, all in conservative areas, and all complained about those of you reading who do not agree with the verdict.
2) White boomer lady started crying.
3) Many members all masturbating over our legal system finally working.
4) Complain about their own sin of "white savior" complex
5) Speaking of george floyd in Christological terms that would rival the Greek Orthodox Church down the road.

I have another call later, which will be worse since there are more women on it...

Renzy

Pelican
Catholic
Gavin Newsom's wife sees the verdict as "retribution on toxic masculinity". I find that rather ironic considering Floyd had been sent to prison five times, and once held a gun to the stomach of a pregnant woman while committing a home invasion. The violent junky felon is held up as a saint while Chauvin, the evil white male, is the exemplar of toxic masculinity:

Rogue Statistician

Robin
Protestant
Gavin Newsom's wife sees the verdict as "retribution on toxic masculinity". I find that rather ironic considering Floyd had been sent to prison five times, and once held a gun to the stomach of a pregnant woman while committing a home invasion. The violent junky felon is held up as a saint while Chauvin, the evil white male, is the exemplar of toxic masculinity:

Core to communist propaganda is the forced adherence to beliefs that are outright false, or a purposeful inverse of reality.

We are arguing with people whom, if born a few decades ago would kill you for not believing in Lysenkoism.

It_is_my_time

Crow
Protestant
I just had a weekly work call, where I interface with many government workers.

The immediate topic of discussion was the verdict. Keeping in mind that ALL of the people on this call are white the conversation was as follows:

1) Many members of the team work remote, all in conservative areas, and all complained about those of you reading who do not agree with the verdict.
2) White boomer lady started crying.
3) Many members all masturbating over our legal system finally working.
4) Complain about their own sin of "white savior" complex
5) Speaking of george floyd in Christological terms that would rival the Greek Orthodox Church down the road.

I have another call later, which will be worse since there are more women on it...

Yep, there are a lot of white people who don't get it. And I doubt they ever do. And by "get it", I mean no amount of social emasculation will be enough for BLM.

Boomers - their time is done. What they think or don't think no longer matters.
Women - don't really matter. The way things are heading they will have little input or influence as society unravels.

The rest are the "blue check mark midwits" or the white liberals, who are intelligent enough to do a task or career job but not intelligent enough for critical thinking outside of this job.

Don't let this black pill you.

FactusIRX

Banned
View attachment 30442

:(

Yeap exactly. I don't know how you stay a cop like this (especially if you're not close to pension).
Generally, the higher up the court you go, the more political it becomes, so no, Chauvin will not receive any more "justice" at the appeal levels than he did at the trial level. The only thing Chauvin can hope for at this point is the story dies down and some of the social pressure is off the judge, so the judge doesn't give Chauvin 400 years at sentencing.

Rogue Statistician

Robin
Protestant
Yep, there are a lot of white people who don't get it. And I doubt they ever do. And by "get it", I mean no amount of social emasculation will be enough for BLM.

Boomers - their time is done. What they think or don't think no longer matters.
Women - don't really matter. The way things are heading they will have little input or influence as society unravels.

The rest are the "blue check mark midwits" or the white liberals, who are intelligent enough to do a task or career job but not intelligent enough for critical thinking outside of this job.

Don't let this black pill you.
1024px-Scottish_Covenanter_Flag.svg.png
Jesus And No Quarter

Renzy

Pelican
Catholic
Somewhere in this thread there are a couple of posts that show how the Minneapolis Police Department training manual (or maybe the Minnesota training manual ?) shows how to use that knee-in-the-back tactic to subdue someone. If I remember correctly, it's an Israeli model that was incorporated into the training.

Back to my point, if a couple of members on here were able to find that information, Chauvin's attorney should have been able to as well.

I agree, I don't think the defense did the best job they could have for Chauvin.

With regards to Chauvin's defense, his attorney (Nelson) was essentially alone and a facing a prosecution that had a team of 14 lawyers, including one of the states top prosecutors (Matthew Frank). Minnesota’s Attorney General, Keith Ellison, promised all the money and people necessary to get a conviction. From what I've read Nelson's background was in drunk driving cases. All things considered, I thought he did an admirable job given what he was going up against.

Dominus

Chicken
Ive got a cousin whose father in law owns a major roofing manufacturing company. He's in South Florida and lives in an 8000 sq ft house that looks like something out of MTV Cribs. He and his wife host a big Thanksgiving every year and Ive gone 3-4 times.

The old guy and I were smoking cigars outside and sipping some expensive whiskey one time when there was news about a hurricane brewing in the Caribbean. He told me (Im paraphrasing) "Every time one of these hurricanes hits its terrible but for me its like winning the lottery" There was a measure of guilt in what he said

This type of incident and the manufactured strife is just an economic opportunity for scumbags like Sharpton and the MSM. Why doesnt he fly to Chicago where 40 some odd black men are shot by other black men every weekend ? Cause its terrible but theres no money in it :poo: