Derek Chauvin Trial

Towgunner

Woodpecker

This is indicative of how stupid things have become. I recall hearing the part of the prosecution's closing argument that said George Floyd had a "big heart". And this "big heart" of his was the same "big heart" that held a pregnant woman hostage threaten to kill her and her unborn baby. Its not like this information is being hidden, for Pete's sake, any person can look this up and verify it. This just speaks to the ridiculous condition this country is in right now.

What frightens me our society excuses such behavior.

Sam Malone

Ostrich
Gold Member
Oww1BWe.jpg
The Space Jam sequel wasn't looking promising before his deleted Tweet.

I expect a box office disaster.

This verdict might just be the straw that finally broke the camel's back. We see celebs calling for the head of the Columbus police officer who saved a black girl's life by shooting another girl trying to stab her and we have the GOP worried about the Chinese treatment of their citizens. This isn't going to fly any longer. The GOP better come up with some better messaging real fast if they want to keep conservatives on the GOP plantation.

Topic for another thread but the alt-right (or whatever) needs to formulate a better way to weed out grifters and false allies.

Feyoder

Kingfisher
This is indicative of how stupid things have become. I recall hearing the part of the prosecution's closing argument that said George Floyd had a "big heart". And this "big heart" of his was the same "big heart" that held a pregnant woman hostage threaten to kill her and her unborn baby. Its not like this information is being hidden, for Pete's sake, any person can look this up and verify it. This just speaks to the ridiculous condition this country is in right now.

What frightens me our society excuses such behavior.

It's amazing. The media can basically get people to do whatever the oligarchs want.

skullmask

Woodpecker
This verdict might just be the straw that finally broke the camel's back. We see celebs calling for the head of the Columbus police officer who saved a black girl's life by shooting another girl trying to stab her and we have the GOP worried about the Chinese treatment of their citizens. This isn't going to fly any longer. The GOP better come up with some better messaging real fast if they want to keep conservatives on the GOP plantation.

I dunno about the GOP but there were people who raised objections to Trump when he ran in 2016. They pointed out his association with the Kushners and others of that ilk. But people were high on hopium and wouldn't listen, including me. Because Trump said the things we so desperately wanted to hear. We must be on guard against that ever happening again.

fokm

Woodpecker
Gold Member
I dunno about the GOP but there were people who raised objections to Trump when he ran in 2016. They pointed out his association with the Kushners and others of that ilk. But people were high on hopium and wouldn't listen, including me. Because Trump said the things we so desperately wanted to hear. We must be on guard against that ever happening again.
It's the same with learning Game. Pay attention to their actions.

Trump said the right things most of the time. What did he *do* though? Look who he hired. Look who he let run the White House.

He talked a great game, but ultimately his role was, in my opinion, to demoralize by allowing defeat. He appeared to be a fighter the entire time. He was certainly not.

Look for actions next time.

I also think we have some great ways of weeding people out now that we did not have before. Get these people to say that Jan 6th was in no way an insurrection. Ashli Babbit shouldn't have been shot. America First means we don't consider Israel.

We have so many more filters now. It's up to us to use them.

Edit: Just realized, you can apply those rules to Don Jr, and he fails the test big time.

BlueMark

Woodpecker
Gold Member
That George Floyd Square poster is classic apex fallacy applied to race relations. Instead of focusing on the members of the police who are in a position of power over black people, it instead applies the matter to all white people, even the ones working in the sewers like in that "stop oppressing us" meme. Conveniently distracting us from any potential real matters of power while focusing on the false racial narrative.