Derek Chauvin Trial

wannable alpha

Woodpecker
Can someone explain to me how George Floyd's life was worth $27 million? A career criminal, drug addict 46 year old man, he had made nowhere close to that amount before nor was he going to make anywhere near that amount in the remainder of his life of say 40-45 years.

Maybe 500K or a million tops would have been enough even if his case of wrongful death was justified. Besides shouldn't the city government wait till the trial concludes to settle the suit.

What this shows is that it is a message to the police department. Lean too harshly on blacks and the taxpayers pay. This means a cut in city services which means the residents will be mad at the cops for being too harsh on blacks. This is an indirect and very blatant way to defund the police and put a divide between the cops and the public that supports them.

It's similar to the Central Park 5 getting $41 million in compensation. As if those thugs lost that amount of money for their little time in prison and "damage to reputation".

This model of high compensation is obviously not financially sustainable. But this is like Holocaust reparations and trials of 95 year olds. It is about sending a message to whites or any group that falls foul of the woke establishment.

Papist

Sparrow
Also, having unspeakably horrible things happen to him in prison. I know Chauvin isn't perfect, but I feel very bad for him. I've seen the full video and don't see what else he could have done in the situation. As I said before, I've been praying for him.

Speaking of that, I don't own a TV and just happened to see the full video on a right-leaning live stream. I avoid political arguments IRL, but the few normies to whom I've mentioned it seem completely unaware that it even exists, let alone knowing details like St. Floyd's saying "I can't breathe" multiple times long before the neck to the knee, and his obviously resisting arrest and trying to drive off while being completely wasted.

I'm guessing the MSM has completely buried it? I imagine just showing it on the nightly news for the Boomers and on social media for everyone else would make a huge difference. I can't see how anyone who doesn't think in pure terms of "white bad, black good" could see it and support the St. Floyd narrative.

I saw video footage of Chauvin kneeling on Floyd and it disgusted me. I got the impression Chauvin was basically a bully who enjoyed the power his job afforded him. However, I still don't think he's guilty of murder, indeed if he had been taught those techniques I'm not sure he's actually guilty of anything criminal, and in which case some senior police officer should be standing in the dock instead.

Cuchulainn2016

Woodpecker
I saw video footage of Chauvin kneeling on Floyd and it disgusted me. I got the impression Chauvin was basically a bully who enjoyed the power his job afforded him. However, I still don't think he's guilty of murder, indeed if he had been taught those techniques I'm not sure he's actually guilty of anything criminal, and in which case some senior police officer should be standing in the dock instead.
I saw the video footage as well, and thought he was treated the suspect very gently. But then, I had no idea the suspect was going to die because of a drug overdose, and I don't evaluate situations like that with my emotions.

bucky

Ostrich
Everyone saw that. They played it on the MSM 24-7.

Did you watch the 20 minutes or so before the knee to the neck? What would you have done if you were a cop with a large, aggressive, intoxicated violent felon who's resisting and trying to drive off? Just let him go and hope for the best?

Papist

Sparrow
I saw the video footage as well, and thought he was treated the suspect very gently. But then, I had no idea the suspect was going to die because of a drug overdose, and I don't evaluate situations like that with my emotions.

Everyone saw that. They played it on the MSM 24-7.

Did you watch the 20 minutes or so before the knee to the neck? What would you have done if you were a cop with a large, aggressive, intoxicated violent felon who's resisting and trying to drive off? Just let him go and hope for the best?

Putting pressure on someone's neck is dangerous for very obvious reasons - it's a major airway and transports oxygenated blood to the brain. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that applying significant pressure on the neck can cause unconsciousness or death, indeed it can be done very quickly.

I am a Christian first and foremost. I don't view myself as either left or right wing, as so many people do. I am well aware that the media manipulates the masses, and I do believe that it is very biased against traditional American values. I therefore get my news from a variety of sources, including the alternative media, as everyone should. I have read that Floyd was intoxicated, I understand he was resisting arrest and he was definitely a scumbag by all accounts. However, I am not sure that the autopsy does conclude that he died solely as a result of either an overdose or as a result of cardiovascular disease. This is an article I found on the Scientific American:

Ultimately, the initial report overstated and misrepresented the role of chronic medical conditions, inappropriately alluded to intoxicants, and failed to acknowledge the stark reality that but for the defendant’s knee on George Floyd’s neck, he would not be dead today.

By Monday, June 1, in the context of widespread political pressure, the public received two reports: the preliminary autopsy report commissioned by Floyd’s family by private doctors, and—shortly thereafter—a summary of the preliminary autopsy from the Hennepin County Medical Examiner’s Office. Both reports stated that the cause of Floyd’s death was homicide: death at the hands of another.

In my humble opinion this whole case depends on two things:

1) Can it be proven beyond reasonable doubt that Chauvin's actions led to Floyd's death? Initially I thought this was unlikely, however if both the autopsy reports conclude that it is homicide, then this might be possible. If I beat up an old lady and she dies as a result of the injuries she sustained, does it matter whether or not she had late stage cancer, osteoporosis and cardiovascular disease?

2) Can mens rea be established? Now this is why Chauvin can surely not be found guilty of murder. I cannot believe that it can be shown that he was trying to kill Floyd.

Now even if Chauvin's actions led to his death, if he can prove that he was trained to do what he did, then he can justifiably claim that he was following procedure.

However, was he following the correct procedure? How long was he kneeling on Floyd's neck? I would have thought it would have been taught as a way of controlling someone until they can restrain him. I have heard he used it for several minutes.

As for what I would have done. There were four coppers there, I believe. Surely four coppers could have restrained him without kneeling on his neck for several minutes? Could they not have applied wrist locks? Knelt on his back, or his legs?

I am not a cheerleader for either party. I want to see a fair trial and justice done. I will reserve judgement until all the facts are presented in court.

bucky

Ostrich
Putting pressure on someone's neck is dangerous for very obvious reasons - it's a major airway and transports oxygenated blood to the brain. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that applying significant pressure on the neck can cause unconsciousness or death, indeed it can be done very quickly.

I am a Christian first and foremost. I don't view myself as either left or right wing, as so many people do. I am well aware that the media manipulates the masses, and I do believe that it is very biased against traditional American values. I therefore get my news from a variety of sources, including the alternative media, as everyone should. I have read that Floyd was intoxicated, I understand he was resisting arrest and he was definitely a scumbag by all accounts. However, I am not sure that the autopsy does conclude that he died solely as a result of either an overdose or as a result of cardiovascular disease. This is an article I found on the Scientific American:

1) Can it be proven beyond reasonable doubt that Chauvin's actions led to Floyd's death? Initially I thought this was unlikely, however if both the autopsy reports conclude that it is homicide, then this might be possible. If I beat up an old lady and she dies as a result of the injuries she sustained, does it matter whether or not she had late stage cancer, osteoporosis and cardiovascular disease?

2) Can mens rea be established? Now this is why Chauvin can surely not be found guilty of murder. I cannot believe that it can be shown that he was trying to kill Floyd.

Now even if Chauvin's actions led to his death, if he can prove that he was trained to do what he did, then he can justifiably claim that he was following procedure.

However, was he following the correct procedure? How long was he kneeling on Floyd's neck? I would have thought it would have been taught as a way of controlling someone until they can restrain him. I have heard he used it for several minutes.

As for what I would have done. There were four coppers there, I believe. Surely four coppers could have restrained him without kneeling on his neck for several minutes? Could they not have applied wrist locks? Knelt on his back, or his legs?

I am not a cheerleader for either party. I want to see a fair trial and justice done. I will reserve judgement until all the facts are presented in court.
So, you're saying didn't watch full video. Watch the full video. That will answer your question about what the cops could have done to restrain St. Floyd.

Papist

Sparrow
So, you're saying didn't watch full video. Watch the full video. That will answer your question about what the cops could have done to restrain St. Floyd.
No, I haven't watched the full video. I will endeavour to do so. Are you telling me that kneeling on St. Floyd's neck was the only way to restrain him?

I noticed @Dusty disliked my post, which has piqued my interest a little. I will summarise my thoughts again:

I want to see a fair trial and justice done, whatever that may be. I will reserve judgement until all the facts are presented in court.

I'd be interested to see what people think of that, especially @Dusty, whose thoughts I would like to read.

I anticipate that Chauvin will be acquitted, likely on all charges, and then he will be charged federally for civil rights violations.

I also anticipate Kyle Rittenhouse will be acquitted in his case, likely as to all charges, but certainly as to all homicide charges. Rittenhouse will then be indicted federally and either convicted or beaten into submission via attrition and made to take a plea deal for civil rights violations. Rittenhouse will do some federal time and be a felon for life.

bucky

Ostrich
No, I haven't watched the full video. I will endeavour to do so. Are you telling me that kneeling on St. Floyd's neck was the only way to restrain him?

I noticed @Dusty disliked my post, which has piqued my interest a little. I will summarise my thoughts again:

I want to see a fair trial and justice done, whatever that may be. I will reserve judgement until all the facts are presented in court.

I'd be interested to see what people think of that, especially @Dusty, whose thoughts I would like to read.
Most likely yes, that's what I got out of the video. They'd tried everything up until that point. Floyd was a huge, strong guy, and likely even stronger due to the drugs in his system at the time, and he was bent on resisting by any means necessary. Had Chauvin let him up, the whole song and dance would have started again and continued until he finally ODed, which, of course, the cops didn't know was going to happen.

Fwiw, both I and the right-wing livesteamers on whose show I watched the full video on initially thought "yeah, the looks excessive" when we'd just seen the part the MSM showed. I'm not kidding when i say I don't see how a reasonable person could watch the whole video and think the cops did anything wrong.

Enoch

Ostrich

You reached your conclusions without looking at all the evidence. At least you are willing to admit that.

If George Floyd had just sat in the police cruiser, he might be alive today. Besides, isn't he technically a Covid death?

Are you telling me that kneeling on St. Floyd's neck was the only way to restrain him?
The Minneapolis Police Department thought so when they trained Chauvin; his execution of technique was what suffered, not his choice in technique, much in the same way that a well-meaning surgeon will occasionally lose a patient, particularly one who is rocking about on the operating table, in the grasp of the demonic. His loss of technique might have had something to do with trying to restrain a raging bull hopped up on enough funny juice to kill an elephant. I bet not many other ways would have worked, short of a bullet. His attempts at unarmed restraint are remarkable given the circumstances.

nor was he going to make anywhere near that amount in the remainder of his life of say 40-45 years
Given his history of drug abuse and criminal behavior, and given the fact that the fentanyl in his system was sufficient to kill him, I would estimate his future earning power very close to, if not, $0.00. Even a million would have been an egregious window into how intersectional partisan politics actually work. 27 million is a blown out wall.

Papist

Sparrow
You reached your conclusions without looking at all the evidence. At least you are willing to admit that.

If George Floyd had just sat in the police cruiser, he might be alive today. Besides, isn't he technically a Covid death?
What conclusion did I reach?

Here is my post again:

I asked eight questions:

1. Can it be proven beyond reasonable doubt that Chauvin's actions led to Floyd's death?
2. If I beat up an old lady and she dies as a result of the injuries she sustained, does it matter whether or not she had late stage cancer, osteoporosis and cardiovascular disease?
3. Can mens rea be established?
4. Was he following the correct procedure?
5. How long was he kneeling on Floyd's neck?
6. Surely four coppers could have restrained him without kneeling on his neck for several minutes?
7. Could they not have applied wrist locks?
8. Knelt on his back, or his legs?

Okay, maybe I am demonstrating my slight disbelief that four people armed with batons, handcuffs, cs gas (?) and tasers (?) couldn't restrain one unarmed guy without kneeling on his neck. But questions 1, 3-8 were all actually genuine questions that need to be answered.

The probably is most of what I read on the internet about this trial is speculative, hearsay or subjective and usually based on the person's political affiliation. The mainstream media is emotional, hysterical and disingenuous. I don't know what's true and what's false. If only someone could come up with a way to present both sides of the argument, perhaps to teams - one advocating Chauvin's innocence, the other side his guilt - maybe that would be the best way to get to the bottom of all this.

DanielH

Pelican
What conclusion did I reach?

Here is my post again:

I asked eight questions:

1. Can it be proven beyond reasonable doubt that Chauvin's actions led to Floyd's death?
No
2. If I beat up an old lady and she dies as a result of the injuries she sustained, does it matter whether or not she had late stage cancer, osteoporosis and cardiovascular disease?
False equivocation, there's pretty much never a justifiable reason to beat up an old lady. We're talking about a massive man on drugs who has done this before on camera (swallowing drugs and resisting arrest). This man also needed to be restrained and resisted arrest for a very long time.
3. Can mens rea be established?
No
4. Was he following the correct procedure?
Yes. The department had training on that technique as a non-lethal restraint maneuver.
5. How long was he kneeling on Floyd's neck?
Less than the length of time it takes for someone to overdose from swallowing a ton of drugs with known health problems
6. Surely four coppers could have restrained him without kneeling on his neck for several minutes?
Not safely. Tasers have led to death. If they repeatedly tazed him we would be in the same exact situation we are in now as it clearly wasn't police action that led to his death. They were doing what they were trained to do.
7. Could they not have applied wrist locks?
He was handcuffed
8. Knelt on his back, or his legs?
Everything they can
Okay, maybe I am demonstrating my slight disbelief that four people armed with batons, handcuffs, cs gas (?) and tasers (?) couldn't restrain one unarmed guy without kneeling on his neck. But questions 1, 3-8 were all actually genuine questions that need to be answered.
The four officers with the exception of Mr. Chauvin were not exactly strong men in comparison to the 6'6" muscle bound, high on fentanyl George Floyd. I wrestled for 11 years. It is very difficult to restrain someone of your own size. CS gas would severely harm someone who already can't breathe due to drug overdose and covid - as he claimed a dozen times before he was on the ground.
The probably is most of what I read on the internet about this trial is speculative, hearsay or subjective and usually based on the person's political affiliation. The mainstream media is emotional, hysterical and disingenuous. I don't know what's true and what's false. If only someone could come up with a way to present both sides of the argument, perhaps to teams - one advocating Chauvin's innocence, the other side his guilt - maybe that would be the best way to get to the bottom of all this.
You're literally a low information poster who hasn't seen the full video trying to muddy up the waters here with some false air of neutrality. Stop. Nobody on the left will ever come to our side to defend us. We're past that point. We need to pray for and defend Mr. Chauvin for the sake of preventing total anarchy - the outcome when certain groups realize the law doesn't apply to them.

No

False equivocation, there's pretty much never a justifiable reason to beat up an old lady. We're talking about a massive man on drugs who has done this before on camera (swallowing drugs and resisting arrest). This man also needed to be restrained and resisted arrest for a very long time.

No

Yes. The department had training on that technique as a non-lethal restraint maneuver.

Less than the length of time it takes for someone to overdose from swallowing a ton of drugs with known health problems

Not safely. Tasers have led to death. If they repeatedly tazed him we would be in the same exact situation we are in now as it clearly wasn't police action that led to his death. They were doing what they were trained to do.

He was handcuffed

Everything they can

The four officers with the exception of Mr. Chauvin were not exactly strong men in comparison to the 6'6" muscle bound, high on fentanyl George Floyd. I wrestled for 11 years. It is very difficult to restrain someone of your own size. CS gas would severely harm someone who already can't breathe due to drug overdose and covid - as he claimed a dozen times before he was on the ground.

You're literally a low information poster who hasn't seen the full video trying to muddy up the waters here with some false air of neutrality. Stop. Nobody on the left will ever come to our side to defend us. We're past that point. We need to pray for and defend Mr. Chauvin for the sake of preventing total anarchy - the outcome when certain groups realize the law doesn't apply to them.

(I would have simply liked your post, but I lack that ability, so I have chosen to proffer the above mental reenactment in its stead. More than earned, sir.)

SlickyBoy

Hummingbird
The Minneapolis Police Department thought so when they trained Chauvin;
So did (do) the Israelis when they taught it to the Minneapolis police department, and many others.
But of course, nobody talks about that;

"I think it's interesting that there's a taboo against certain aspects of this story being told. I just mentioned the Israelis being at the forefront of training American police in terror tactics today. They trained many Twin Cities officers and may very well bear some of the responsibility for the death of George Floyd since one of the things that they taught them was the knee on the neck thing which actually the Israelis developed in Palestine, in 2004 or five or so, and then they started teaching it to American officers and that's how it got into the United States, but we never talked about that in the mainstream media, or the universities, anybody who brings it up here in the United States gets shot down by the immensely powerful Jewish Zionist lobby."

Papist

Sparrow
So did (do) the Israelis when they taught it to the Minneapolis police department, and many others.
But of course, nobody talks about that;

"I think it's interesting that there's a taboo against certain aspects of this story being told. I just mentioned the Israelis being at the forefront of training American police in terror tactics today. They trained many Twin Cities officers and may very well bear some of the responsibility for the death of George Floyd since one of the things that they taught them was the knee on the neck thing which actually the Israelis developed in Palestine, in 2004 or five or so, and then they started teaching it to American officers and that's how it got into the United States, but we never talked about that in the mainstream media, or the universities, anybody who brings it up here in the United States gets shot down by the immensely powerful Jewish Zionist lobby."
It'd be interesting to know whether the Israeli police use it against the public, or whether it's just reserved for the Palestinians.

Many here don't seem to understand (from their postings) that if it wasn't Floyd and Chauvin, it would be Jerome and Thomas, or Darius and Brad, or Terrell and Robert, etc. This was a lid waiting to blow for a long time propped up primarily by self-hating mentally-ill whites, fat people, jews, and other aliens that have been dialecting the justice system and the media for the past 76 years. Without media coverage none of the riots would have happened. This whole (((year of rioting))) and now the ((((((trial)))))) is just another gloating from an enemy elite that has conquered a people and is neener-neenering them saying "watch how many ways we can destroy your world and you can't do anything to us". Is it a shame that this man died and the last thing people have is a video of a cop with his knee on his neck? My creator despises those who revel in chaos and death and insult, so yeah I would not have wished for his death, despite how much of a dangerous animal the guy was. Really just bad optics. The dude would have died in the back of a squad car, or in an ambulance, or in the emergency ward. The cop would have used the same tactic if not more strong-arm on another perp who could have been acting even worse.

The issue at hand is this social experiment of a trial is going to be used as a solidification to complete the genocide on whites who are being dehumanized by the alien media non-stop. I get some people are sensitive when I bring up impurities and not mixing race-with-race yeah yeah, but the end goal here is really just total annihilation of an entire demographic of people who were born without a certain percentage of melanin. The blacks will be destroyed by it as well because as a cohesive racial group they really only operate on a professional level in the prison system. Outside the penal system, any ghetto is literally the same thing as tribal Africa. They do not have the ability, no matter how hard these fat leftists and the jewish diaspora tries, to become rulers of themselves in a geographical boundary where other races co-occupy. The wise ones of Africa are burdened by alphabet agencies and economic agents to no end, and only they have a semblance of order. We would all be living in a different world if the black leaders of the 1960s told LBJ to suck a fat one, that they don't need no white man's dollar or guilty tax. Be prepared to live and act accordingly, and if that means outside the law (the law which relegates you white man as inhuman and not able to have the same (((rights))) as everyone else), then so be it.

The enemy is going to try to kill you passively first, through their millions of angry proxy pawns on the street, through their gene-altering demonically-enhanced injections, through cutting off your resources making you dependent on the state and therefore making you do tricks like a dog to survive (cucking, shilling, bowing, kneeling, scraping to every clown world demand they come up with). But if a grassroots movement sprung up, they would send in their white male agents who they dangle the carrot of pension over to come and kill you, because to those guys, they "got families" and still believe in the law like its 1950 or something, armed with an unlimited budget to go get everyone off the street who can possibly interfere with the agenda of killing you and your progeny. Makes most peoples blood boil when you put the picture together, but the trick is not to just stick your head in the sand and pray, but actively prepare a counter for every move the enemy is making.

Check out James 2:14-26
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"14 What good is it, my brothers and sisters, if someone claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save them? 15 Suppose a brother or a sister is without clothes and daily food. 16 If one of you says to them, “Go in peace; keep warm and well fed,” but does nothing about their physical needs, what good is it? 17 In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.

18 But someone will say, “You have faith; I have deeds.”

Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by my deeds. 19 You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that—and shudder.

20 You foolish person, do you want evidence that faith without deeds is useless[a]? 21 Was not our father Abraham considered righteous for what he did when he offered his son Isaac on the altar? 22 You see that his faith and his actions were working together, and his faith was made complete by what he did. 23 And the scripture was fulfilled that says, “Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness,”[b] and he was called God’s friend. 24 You see that a person is considered righteous by what they do and not by faith alone.

25 In the same way, was not even Rahab the prostitute considered righteous for what she did when she gave lodging to the spies and sent them off in a different direction? 26 As the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without deeds is dead."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you're going to be making moves in the street today, you have to be elite. Don't put your energy into this mockery of justice. What will happen will happen because the outcome of this sham is in the control of the enemy. Observe, take a mental note, and move on. That's all I got to say about that.

eradicator

Peacock
Gold Member
Maybe I'm being obtuse, I don't get how the oligarchs win when we have nonstop outrage porn. Whether it's "justice for Breonna Taylor" riots or "justice for George Floyd" riots.

Whatever. The narrative is clear, outrage=good. Police=bad.

The fake news media empires certainly win with more eyeballs on their outrage porn. Soros and (((the jews))) who are attempting to remake the justice system are successfully shifting the overton window.

But to what end? Turn the usa into another cucked country like France/UK/Germany etc? We are already there. At least most of the states are already there. Not all. But eventually we will be. But who wins?

Papist

Sparrow
Maybe I'm being obtuse, I don't get how the oligarchs win when we have nonstop outrage porn. Whether it's "justice for Breonna Taylor" riots or "justice for George Floyd" riots.

Whatever. The narrative is clear, outrage=good. Police=bad.

The fake news media empires certainly win with more eyeballs on their outrage porn. Soros and (((the jews))) who are attempting to remake the justice system are successfully shifting the overton window.

But to what end? Turn the usa into another cucked country like France/UK/Germany etc? We are already there. At least most of the states are already there. Not all. But eventually we will be. But who wins?
I think the objective in the US is to get rid of the First and Second Amendments. In a globalised world, having free speech in the US provides a platform for 400 million people to reach anyone who can access it. Now, Big Tech are already censoring people but there are still forums, such as this one, as well as alternative media, which can disseminate verboten information and ideas .

But if people can be convinced that the Constitution was just written by a bunch of dead, white, slave-owners...then who cares if it's scrapped?

fokm

Woodpecker
Gold Member
There's also the fact that when the elites have us fighting with ourselves, we don't pay as much attention to what they are doing.

I can be outraged about Tibet, or BLM, or Trump, or the environment, etc. It's all a manipulation so I am not paying attention to the real important stuff that may affect my children and grandchildren (which is also the reason they are staunchly anti-family; once you have kids, you stop thinking only about yourself and think on much larger timelines).

We really are part of the largest psyop of all time.