Derek Chauvin Trial

DanielH

Pelican
Wearing hoop earrings should be considered contempt of court.

Same goes for fake eyelashes, yoga pants and singlets

Edit: Well Daniel beat me to it.
Absolutely. It's a disgrace. I can't believe the prosecution didn't tell her to act more professionally.

The attorney went on to ask her if it would help her memory to hear the transcript of her prior testimony and she responds by saying "I don't want to." He then impeaches her, approaches her, and jogs her memory. She previously testified to investigators that the 6 foot 6 George Floyd appeared like a small and frail man. She rolls her eyes and talks back to the judge, then interrupts again. The judge then clears the jury from the room and absolutely grills her. As the judge is reprimanding her, she again talks back to him, saying she interrupted to finish her answer. The judge responds "I will determine when your answers are done." Beautiful.

Dusty

Peacock
Gold Member
Live on the Killstream: White female firefighter with big hoop earrings cross examined by the defense. She was shouting at Chauvin and the officers telling them she wants to help Floyd, he needs medical attention. Defense attorney was very cordial at first. Asks her about her firefighting training and her 4 months at the academy. Then the attorney asks her (paraphrasing):

"How would you like it if someone started shouting at you as you were fighting a fire, telling you what to do? Do you think that would impact your ability to do your job"
*Gets flustered* "No it would not with my training"
"How about if there were 12 people shouting at you telling you what to do?"
"Again, I'm confident in my training"
"What if those onlookers threatened you"
"I'll refer you to my previous answers"

She then gets defensive, snaps back at the attorney, interrupts him, and gets warned by the judge. Love to see it.
She was rather embarrassed when Chauvin’s lawyer read her her testimony to law enforcement shortly after the incident where she described Floyd as a small and slender man. Mofo was 6’4”, 230 lbs. She was quite angry when that was brought up. She also said she observed Chauvin wearing gloves. He was not. Unreliable witness.

I watched some of the trial.

Holy smokes, I don’t envy the lawyer and judge dealing with these low IQ individuals. They have to constantly rephrase questions and dumb them down in an effort to make them understand.

The MMA guy was wearing a Black Lives Matter t-shirt under his white button down shirt- you could see the lettering through the white shirt.

wannable alpha

Woodpecker
If I understand, it was one million dollars for every time he said he couldn't breathe.

Main points from the article -

“And what happens is that trickles down to decisions in the communities across this country. When there is a city council or a mayor deciding, ‘Oh, should we get rid of no-knock warrants, should we get rid of chokeholds, do we want to change these policies?’ They have 27 million reasons now why they should. And that will make decisions happen. That will make accountability happen.”

i.e. this will make politicians put pressure on beat cops to go easy on blacks.
-------
The settlement includes $500,000 for the south Minneapolis neighborhood that includes the 38th and Chicago intersection that has been blocked by barricades since his death, with a massive metal sculpture and murals in his honor. The city didn’t immediately say how that money would be spent.

i.e. psych war against the cops. Imagine being a cop in this neighborhood and trying to arrest a disorderly black man against the backdrop of St. Floyd mural.

Papist

Sparrow
Live on the Killstream: White female firefighter with big hoop earrings cross examined by the defense. She was shouting at Chauvin and the officers telling them she wants to help Floyd, he needs medical attention. Defense attorney was very cordial at first. Asks her about her firefighting training and her 4 months at the academy. Then the attorney asks her (paraphrasing):

"How would you like it if someone started shouting at you as you were fighting a fire, telling you what to do? Do you think that would impact your ability to do your job"
*Gets flustered* "No it would not with my training"
"How about if there were 12 people shouting at you telling you what to do?"
"Again, I'm confident in my training"
"What if those onlookers threatened you"
"I'll refer you to my previous answers"

She then gets defensive, snaps back at the attorney, interrupts him, and gets warned by the judge. Love to see it.
To me it's as though these witnesses are desperate to appear as though they're doing their best to help convict Chauvin. They're making a conscious effort to avoid saying anything that could help the defence. Now I know they're witnesses are there at the behest of the defence team, but nobody likes being shouted at by twelve people, for heaven's sake! She's clearly not being honest.

With so many women on the jury, I fear that will work against Chauvin because they will tend to be persuaded by emotion rather than logic and reason.

Papaya

Peacock
Gold Member
Off-duty EMT.

41145420-9420365-image-m-47_1617140324666.jpg

He was right

Last edited:

Renzy

Pelican
With so many women on the jury, I fear that will work against Chauvin because they will tend to be persuaded by emotion rather than logic and reason.

When I saw the final make-up of the jury I had the same thought. Women tend to use their feelings as a barometer of right and wrong more so than men. So these sorts of teary eyed appeals to emotion are generally going to be much more effective on them since they tend to forego logic when someone activates the feelz.

budoslavic

Owl
Gold Member
@KittyLists: Alliance Mart in Milwaukee, WI.
Upload date January 29, 2021
Man starts throwing stuff off store shelves, owners/security get into fight with the man.
Original Black Panthers of Milwaukee leader Darryl King Rick Farmer II claims the business owner 'brutally assaulted a 'mentally challenged' black man' and has ordered the business to shut down.
King has taken part in extorting many local businesses for being 'racist,' seemingly unchecked by law enforcement.
This is a common theme for the "Original Black Panther" groups.
The Original Black Panthers of VA have a history of doing this, as well.
There are two sets of laws in this country.

jonNorth

Sparrow
I think there will only be unrest if the master manipulators of the inner city demographics want it to happen.

Ordinary black people shrug this stuff off until they are told to be angry or given some type of incentive to wyl' out. Most see more violence and human misery in one day than what happened in the Floyd video. If only we could unite against our common enemy

Renzy

Pelican
Is there an estimation when the trial will end?

According to multiple articles, around 2-4 weeks:

The trial is taking place at the heavily fortified Hennepin County Government Center in downtown Minneapolis, and is expected to last about four weeks.

Minnesota court officials anticipate that the trial will last between two and four weeks.

Opening statements began on Monday (29th), so we're probably looking at some time around the second half of April for things to wrap up if those estimates are correct.

Dusty

Peacock
Gold Member
Here’s a PDF link to the George Floyd autopsy report.

some excerpts:

III. No life-threatening injuries identified
A. No facial, oral mucosal, or conjunctival petechiae
B. No injuries of anterior muscles of neck or laryngeal
structures
C. No scalp soft tissue, skull, or brain injuries
D. No chest wall soft tissue injuries, rib fractures (other
than a single rib fracture from CPR), vertebral column
injuries, or visceral injuries
E. Incision and subcutaneous dissection of posterior and
lateral neck, shoulders, back, flanks, and buttocks
negative for occult trauma

Blood drug and novel psychoactive substances screens:
1. Fentanyl 11 ng/mL
2. Norfentanyl 5.6 ng/mL
3. 4-ANPP 0.65 ng/mL
4. Methamphetamine 19 ng/mL
5. 11-Hydroxy Delta-9 THC 1.2 ng/mL;
Delta-9 Carboxy THC 42 ng/mL; Delta-9 THC 2.9 ng/mL
6. Cotinine positive
7. Caffeine positive

Signs associated with fentanyl toxicity include severe respiratory depression, seizures, hypotension, coma and death. In fatalities from fentanyl, blood concentrations are variable and have been reported as low as 3 ng/mL.

Urine drug screen: presumptive positive for cannabinoids,
amphetamines, and fentanyl/metabolite
D. Urine drug screen confirmation: morphine (free) 86 ng/mL

NECK: Layer by layer dissection of the anterior strap muscles of the neck discloses no areas of contusion or hemorrhage within the musculature. The thyroid cartilage and hyoid bone are intact. The larynx is lined by intact mucosa. The thyroid is symmetric and red-brown, without cystic or nodular change. The tongue is free of bite marks, hemorrhage, or other injuries.
The cervical spinal column is palpably stable and free of
hemorrhage.

The coronary arteries are present in a normal distribution, with a right dominant pattern. Cross sections of the vessels show multifocal atherosclerosis, with 75% proximal and 75% mid narrowing of the left anterior descending coronary artery; 75% proximal narrowing of the 1st diagonal branch of the left anterior descending coronary artery; 25% proximal narrowing of the circumflex coronary artery; and 90% proximal narrowing of the right coronary artery.

Renzy

Pelican
^In the end, that's all it should boil down to: was it Chauvin's knee that resulted in Floyd's death or the cocktail of drugs that Floyd ingested. Was it the knee or the drugs that killed him?

All of this reporting we're seeing on how emotional the testimonies of witnesses are as we watch teary eyed soliloquies about how they felt are irrelevant. In the end, the substance of the case should be what the cause of death was - based on the autoposy and toxicology reports - not speculations from Tyrone the MMA fighter who thinks it was a "blood choke".

Dusty

Peacock
Gold Member
^In the end, that's all it should boil down to: was it Chauvin's knee that resulted in Floyd's death or the cocktail of drugs that Floyd ingested. Was it the knee or the drugs that killed him?

All of this reporting we're seeing on how emotional the testimonies of witnesses are as we watch teary eyed soliloquies about how they felt are irrelevant. In the end, the substance of the case should be what the cause of death was - based on the autoposy and toxicology reports - not speculations from Tyrone the MMA fighter who thinks it was a "blood choke".
36504E22-91BB-48E1-A5AF-4305566A6E56.jpeg