Did we land on the moon?

Do you believe that we landed on the moon?

• Yes

Votes: 81 51.6%
  • No

Votes: 50 31.8%
  • Don't know / not sure

Votes: 26 16.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

typtre

Robin
Truth is simple.
Very simple - so simple that a child can understand it.
In fact, so simple that only a child can understand it.
Unless you become a child again you will not be able to understand it.

6 And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.
7 And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.
8 And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day.
9 And God said, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear: and it was so.
10 And God called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called he Seas: and God saw that it was good.
14 And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:
15 And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so.
16 And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.
17 And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth,
18 And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good.
BS. Now I'm pretty sure that you're a shill, because no engineer could buy into that psyop, especially not an aerospace engineer.
21 Have ye not known? Have ye not heard? Hath it not been told you from the beginning? Have ye not understood from the foundations of the earth?
22 It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in:
Hath it been told to you from the beginning that the Earth was a Globe? Or did they tell you when you were a child...
This BTW is NOT a flat earth thread, so don't contaminate it with your disinfo. Stick to the topic on hand.
By all means, go ahead. The discussion of the topic is not put on pause. I merely try to attack the problem from another angle.

Uzisuicide

Woodpecker
Gold Member
I don't see it but 'they' say the have photo evidence of one of the Apollo landing sites.

Scientists captured this striking image of the Apollo 15 landing site by shooting a powerful radar signal from Earth into space and bouncing it off the lunar surface.

Scientists spent two years developing the technology to take these detailed images of the moon from Earth, and now, they can capture snapshots of lunar objects as small as 16.4 feet (5 meters) across from about 238,855 miles (384,400 kilometers) away.

On the topic of the Moon Landing, I present this video which shows that human beings did walk around on the Moon.

(I've bolded the numbers I used for this.)

That video was done live.

I did a little (not precise) measurements from that video a few times. I estimated that the hammer was about 1.5 meters off the surface, and it fell from 0:59 to 1:00 in the video itself, so about 1 second of free-falling, I got the same 0.92 s using my phone's stopwatch a few times.

Using this simple free-fall calculator:

I plug in those numbers.

I hope no one here disagrees that the Lunar gravity is 1.625 m/s^2, that value is from wikipedia, if one disagrees with that, then this whole post is pointless. I'm assuming one agrees that the Moon is there, and it is smaller than the Earth, resulting in a lower gravity.

At that acceleration on the Moon, and at that height above the surface, it should take about 1.3 seconds for an object to fall in a vacuum, so the hammer is most likely less than 1.5 meters but more than 1.0 meters off the surface, and it impacted in the neighborhood of a velocity of 2.2 m/s, that last bit of information is interesting to know, but not really critical for this post.

The simplest explanation is that that was filmed in an actual vacuum, no atmosphere whatsoever, that accounts for the hammer and the feather falling at the same rate and impacting the surface at the same time in that video. While that could be filmed in vacuum chamber on Earth, (The Space Power Facility was constructed in 1969, so it could've been used to fake the 1971 Apollo 15 mission) that does not account for the time it took for the hammer (and the feather) to reach the surface, especially since it was filmed live, I don't have any information to believe that this was pre-filmed. If it were on Earth, it should only take about 0.5 s to hit the surface instead of the observed 1.0 s.

There is a difference of 0.5 s that isn't accounted for in that video that people who claim the Moon landing was fake need to answer for. The only way to account for that 0.5 s is that it was filmed in a gravitational field that is less than the Earth's, and the observations from the video, along with the time of free-fall in that video point to it being filmed on the Moon as the simplest explanation.

andy dufresne

Kingfisher
Um
On the topic of the Moon Landing, I present this video which shows that human beings did walk around on the Moon.

I did a little (not precise) measurements from that video a few times. I estimated that the hammer was about 1.5 meters off the surface, and it fell from 0:59 to 1:00 in the video itself, so about 1 second of free-falling, I got the same 0.92 s using my phone's stopwatch a few times.

I plug in those numbers.

I hope no one here disagrees that the Lunar gravity is 1.625 m/s^2, that value is from wikipedia, if one disagrees with that, then this whole post is pointless. I'm assuming one agrees that the Moon is there, and it is smaller than the Earth, resulting in a lower gravity.

At that acceleration on the Moon, and at that height above the surface, it should take about 1.3 seconds for an object to fall in a vacuum, so the hammer is most likely less than 1.5 meters but more than 1.0 meters off the surface, and it impacted in the neighborhood of a velocity of 2.2 m/s, that last bit of information is interesting to know, but not really critical for this post.

The simplest explanation is that that was filmed in an actual vacuum, no atmosphere whatsoever, that accounts for the hammer and the feather falling at the same rate and impacting the surface at the same time in that video. While that could be filmed in vacuum chamber on Earth, (The Space Power Facility was constructed in 1969, so it could've been used to fake the 1971 Apollo 15 mission) that does not account for the time it took for the hammer (and the feather) to reach the surface, especially since it was filmed live, I don't have any information to believe that this was pre-filmed. If it were on Earth, it should only take about 0.5 s to hit the surface instead of the observed 1.0 s.

There is a difference of 0.5 s that isn't accounted for in that video that people who claim the Moon landing was fake need to answer for. The only way to account for that 0.5 s is that it was filmed in a gravitational field that is less than the Earth's, and the observations from the video, along with the time of free-fall in that video point to it being filmed on the Moon as the simplest explanation.
Your whole premise is that the video you show wasn't tampered with in the time scale. Sorry....you'll need more than that.

Oh and weren't all 'moonlanding' videos done 'live'? What's the point of stating that?

Read moondoggie.

Enoch

Ostrich
Seems like it would be pretty easy 50 years later to go back to the Moon and collect the evidence that we were actually there. Might as well get started on the Moon Base while we are at it.

Right?

Peacock
Gold Member
Um

Your whole premise is that the video you show wasn't tampered with in the time scale. Sorry....you'll need more than that.

Oh and weren't all 'moonlanding' videos done 'live'? What's the point of stating that?

Read moondoggie.

The wizardry here is a lot more simple: a large falcon feather is a stiff object whose weight offsets its drag and will not come anywhere close to reaching terminal velocity in the first meter of freefall. You can repeat the same experiment and find that the feather falls straight down with very little drag if held the same way as the astronaut did. In fact someone debunked it, replicated the same experiment proving that the falcon feather falls at the same rate as a hammer if dropped from a small height.

In order for this stunt to have been truly convincing, they should have used a sheet of paper, or a down feather (or any object that wouldn't fall fast and straight if dropped from a small height) instead of a large, stiff feather of a raptor that is the fastest animal on earth, with diving speeds above 380km/h.

This stunt is great piece of wizardry, because in the english language, feather is the epitome of lightness: featherweight, light as a feather etc. As well, most people have never handled a large, stiff raptor feather, unlike our ancestors who used it to write on paper. This is how most people think a feather falls:

It's a brilliant piece of magic, 99.99% of normies will fall for it.

Volador26

Pigeon

I plug in those numbers.

Props to you for running the calculation, I’d give you a like but alas still a newbie. This reminds me of another data point: the fact that in the films of the lunar rover the moon dust being scattered around floats in a way only possible in a total vacuum. As you know, there are man made vacuums on earth, and not one is big enough to hold more than a few people, let alone a film studio.

Peacock
Gold Member
Props to you for running the calculation, I’d give you a like but alas still a newbie. This reminds me of another data point: the fact that in the films of the lunar rover the moon dust being scattered around floats in a way only possible in a total vacuum. As you know, there are man made vacuums on earth, and not one is big enough to hold more than a few people, let alone a film studio.

Not true, there are some dust clouds and the "rooster" trail formed is not a perfect parabole as you'd expect in vacuum, it's likely just a trail of slightly humid dirt shown at slower speeds.

typtre

Robin

Dave: Oh, well watch this.
Joe: *transmits interruption*
Dave: Joe, do you have a good picture...
Joe: *interrupts* Bea...
Dave: ...there, I got, uh...
Joe: Beautiful picture, Dave.
Dave: *awkward silence*
Dave: Well, in my left hand I have a...

If their acting and ability to follow a script was as good as your math, you might have me fooled for a second.

budoslavic

Owl
Gold Member
Yes, we landed on the moon. This is the first photo from #Perseverance Mars rover. Yes, that's Ted Cruz who fled from Texas.

EuijBGvUcAYynEC

joost

Kingfisher
A classic:
So how many people realized that not one astronaut would swear on the Bible that they ever went to the moon? I kind of always assumed they would have no problems doing this if they had actually.

NASA Astronauts Violently React To Being Asked To Swear On Bible They Went To Moon (Neil Armstrong, Buzz Aldrin, Ed Mitchell, John Young, Alan Bean, William Anders, Eugene Cernan, Alfred.

Another interesting unedited interview with Buzz Aldrin:

Relevant observations:

My company was called "ABCDigital" and Aldrin mistook that for ABC National News.

With two professional cameras there, lighting, security, etc., Buzz thought, at least for a few minutes (especially with showing the newly discovered fake footage), that the story of the moon landing fraud had broken worldwide. This is why he said, in anger, "And this makes you a real famous person for having discovered all this!? What an ego you must have to want to propel yourself (your career) like this!"

In other words, he did not say that I was wrong about my discovery, only that I had wrong motives for exposing it!

Additionally, Aldrin, in the same angered and confused state, thinking that the news of the moon landing fraud had finally been exposed by ABC National News, "Well you're talking to the wrong guy! Why don't you talk to the NASA administrator! We're just PASSENGERS going on a flight! (In other words, they never PILOTED the lander to the moon, only riding around the earth in orbit as PASSENGERS.)

Last edited:

Eezageeza

Chicken
Not sure what’s the point of believing moon landing is a hoax. It’s like that dude who is trying to prove dinosaurs don’t exist. Anyone can selectively pick evidences to support their beliefs.

Personally I rather believe in the human ingenuity, our remarkable ability to accomplish something so challenging when we put our mind into it. This is the same belief and inspiration that we want to instill in our children and the future generations. Instead of telling your son that the government are liars you tell them stories of great human achievement to inspire him to become greater than his predecessors. Instead of telling that global warming is a hoax you say that yeah it’s probably warming up a bit but no worries, our scientists will find a way to make our planet into a even better place.

Progress is not linear. Egyptians built the pyramids but later civilizations could not or chose not to replicate them. Whether for technological or economic cultural reasons. Europe went into dark ages after the remarkable progress of Roman civilization. It’s sad that space exploration stalled the past 50 years. But there has not been a paradigm shifting development in space travel technology. On the other hand who could have imagined we will have all the knowledge of the world in the palm of your hand.

Belief is not absolute. If you believe personality and personal improvement will increase your success with women you’ll have much more success than a guy who believe you are doomed by you genetic lack of attractiveness.

Believe whatever you will but do consider how it will affect your internal framework of viewing the world.
"On the other hand who could have imagined we will have all the knowledge of the world in the palm of your hand."

Reading this part of your comment on my mobile phone made me suddenly feel like I was holding Eve's apple...
I nearly dropped it, but didn't...

Oh My Goodness!

I still believe in the moon landing. The graphics of the launch of the Saturn V were too high definition for their time to fake with the available CGI (where CGI even existed). Given the existence of missiles (esp ICBMs) today, it's reasonable to believe that tech came from somewhere. Moreover, if such advanced tech was used just for the launch, it's not hard to believe they also had the tech for the moon landing itself. Perhaps the biggest point in question is the size of the moon lander. Sure, the moon has 1/3rd the gravity they say, but the lunar lander is less than 1/10th the size of the Saturn V.
Anyways, as someone who graduated with a science degree, I still believe in genuine science. I get that people want to doubt the moon landing, but I find doubting it to be of incredible insignificance to the overall problem. Doubting long-accepted science only removes your credibility with someone who accepts science. Looking at this from a spiritual perspective, that's exactly what Satan wants because he wants people to doubt your message about truth. In their mind, Satan says: "That religious guy is crazy enough to think people didn't land on the moon, thinks the earth is flat, believes conspiracy theories, etc."
The bigger problem I see, from a spiritual perspective, is that we live in an age where truth is being questioned, disregarded, "disproved", and disappearing, and its happening in both the left and right political camps. It's happening more in the left, but it's also happening in the right.
An old relevant saying of mine: "If you search hard enough, you will find it, even if it's not there." The statement applies to truth and evidence: If you search hard enough for evidence of your beliefs, you will find such "truth" even if it doesn't exist. Anything can be "proven" - even the greatest of lies - because we as humans don't possess the infinite knowledge to know anything with absolute certainty.
Satan is making great strides in getting us to question truth, so be very cautious what ideas you keep AND what you throw away.