Papist

Woodpecker
Autoimmune conditions are apparently rising by 9% a year in the UK. (1) I am one of the four million living here who is currently afflicted. I think mine is likely a result of poor (hedonistic) lifestyle choices - drinking, smoking (ciggies & marijuana) and eating too much junk food.

I am now looking at a diet to send it into remission, as many others have claimed to have done, e.g. (2). The problem is there are so many out there, some of which have conflicting info. Many folks claim a whole food plant based diet (WFPB) has worked for them, others have fastidiously eliminated certain foods from their diet - e.g. dairy, gluten, lectins, nightshades.

The Autoimmune Protocol, the Pagano Diet, the Alkaline Diet, WFPB diet, Carnivore diet, the lectin-free diet - all of these claim to work miracles. Whilst I am absolutely convinced that diet is the key, I don't know which one to try, especially as some people claim it may take a year before results are seen.

My current plan includes eliminating dairy, eggs, grains, soy, red meat and processed foods. I will consume a small amount of nightshades due to the WFPB, organic protein powder I will be taking, and will eat a diet of fish, chicken and low sugar veg.

Has anybody any experience with these diets? Any ideas?

There must be a few forum members and many lurkers with similar issues.

(1) https://www.itv.com/news/2018-11-25/autoimmune-conditions-rising-by-9-each-year
(2) https://www.inspire.com/groups/psor...hropologically-correct-eating-regimen/?page=7

NoFunInAus

Kingfisher
"I am absolutely convinced that diet is the key"
Yes, but it certainly is not the cause.

I hope you realize that your condition is most likely caused by the excessive vaccines you would've received. Autoimmune disorder is an allergic reaction. And no, I do not believe in the whole vegan or even the whole whole foods thing. I lost weight and built muscle by just eating red meat. This might not work for you, all I'm saying is a balanced diet is the key.

Do you take the flu vaxx every year by any chance?

Papist

Woodpecker
"I am absolutely convinced that diet is the key"
Yes, but it certainly is not the cause.

I hope you realize that your condition is most likely caused by the excessive vaccines you would've received. Autoimmune disorder is an allergic reaction. And no, I do not believe in the whole vegan or even the whole whole foods thing. I lost weight and built muscle by just eating red meat. This might not work for you, all I'm saying is a balanced diet is the key.

Do you take the flu vaxx every year by any chance?

I don't take the flu vaccine, and I rarely take antibiotics. However I drank very heavily for twenty years, and I smoked that entire time. I think I might have a leaky gut. However, thanks for your reply.

Grow Bag

Pelican
Autoimmune conditions are apparently rising by 9% a year in the UK. (1) I am one of the four million living here who is currently afflicted. I think mine is likely a result of poor (hedonistic) lifestyle choices - drinking, smoking (ciggies & marijuana) and eating too much junk food.

I am now looking at a diet to send it into remission, as many others have claimed to have done, e.g. (2). The problem is there are so many out there, some of which have conflicting info. Many folks claim a whole food plant based diet (WFPB) has worked for them, others have fastidiously eliminated certain foods from their diet - e.g. dairy, gluten, lectins, nightshades.

The Autoimmune Protocol, the Pagano Diet, the Alkaline Diet, WFPB diet, Carnivore diet, the lectin-free diet - all of these claim to work miracles. Whilst I am absolutely convinced that diet is the key, I don't know which one to try, especially as some people claim it may take a year before results are seen.

My current plan includes eliminating dairy, eggs, grains, soy, red meat and processed foods. I will consume a small amount of nightshades due to the WFPB, organic protein powder I will be taking, and will eat a diet of fish, chicken and low sugar veg.

Has anybody any experience with these diets? Any ideas?

There must be a few forum members and many lurkers with similar issues.

(1) https://www.itv.com/news/2018-11-25/autoimmune-conditions-rising-by-9-each-year
(2) https://www.inspire.com/groups/psor...hropologically-correct-eating-regimen/?page=7
Carnivore is a good way to do an elimination diet, especially if you get fatty cuts, because you'll feel satiated. Then gradually add foods that were in your normal diet and see how it goes. There's a clinic in Hungary that treats many illnesses by implementing a strict carnivore diet.

Last edited:

Papist

Woodpecker
Keto or carnivore possibly with periods of fasting can work. Or even according to Russian/ German medical literature, muti-day fasting. That is water fasting. No food of any kind.

I have tried, but have never fasted beyond 25 hours. Maybe it's a just a lack of will power.
Carnivore is a good way to do an elimination diet, especially if you get fatty cuts, because you'll feel satiated. Then gradually add foods that were in you normal diet and see how it goes. There's a clinic in Hungary that treats many illnesses by implementing a strict carnivore diet.
Interesting, thanks.

Stats

Woodpecker
I think I had a light case of psoriasis briefly, and went away with a prescription cream fairly easy.
my advice cut all smoking and drinking. get fit. reduce stress. get good sleep. move to warmer humid climate by the ocean and swim regularly in the salt water. try all the creams. do carnivor diet for a month and add healthy foods one by one after.

hkhathaj

Woodpecker
I have a lifelong auto immune disease from vaccines and I dont know if it's cured but I definitely feel good the last 3 months I've been on carnivore.
How are you sure it was caused by vaccines?

I had asthma and a few other strange symptoms. All got better with some kind of paleo diet. But I always get nasty flu in the end of winter (though I supplement Vitamin D) and after that I have a "long flu": coughing for a few more weeks. This year it is all the same but I call it "long covid" instead of flu :)

Againstallodds

Robin
Orthodox
Even one cycle of antibiotic might push you into a disease state depending on your imbalances. Your lifestyle and diet is definitely a contributing factor alongside stress. You did damage with your smoking and drinking plus you probably had some mental issues that pushed you into this lifestyle to begin with. I personally wouldn't suggest a carnivore diet especially not long term. It works great for certain people short term but I have seen disastrous effects on others. Different foods affect each body differently depending on their constitution and I don't subscribe to absolutes like vegetables are bad or meat is bad or this food group is bad unless it's processed corn syrup GMO pesticide covered junk. I think extreme dieting is unsustainable.

I believe in eastern medicine (Chinese and Indian) and herbs along with lifestyle changes and meditation/prayer to regain balance of your body. Psoriasis is associated with dry heat in the body same with the white spots. I actually suffered from a small spot of the latter when I tried finasteride the hair loss medicine out of vanity but have it under control now (it was burning like crazy when I got it now the color is back ). I would look at avoiding heating food and adding in specific healing herbs. Something as simple as eating fennel seeds can reduce heat in the body and heal the gut, they regulate the secretion of gastric juices + are antispasmodic and analgesic. you can combine it with something like sage which is gastroprotective and slightly reduces stomach acid. Western scientist like to isolate specific compounds in herbs to explain their effect but I think the simplistic traditional eastern medicine concept of "heating" vs "cooling" is more appropriate. Of course herbology was actually used extensively in Europe too, you can look up something like Swedish bitter herbs which is amazing for liver and stomach issues and for overall healing.

I would take it slow and then you can implement different therapies and detox techniques. Definitely avoid the current western medicine: Dont take vaccines. Don't take humira or any TNF inhibitor, you will certainly get relief short term but you will destroy your immune system in the process. Remember in western medicine the side effect of the "cure" is always worse than the disease itself. Do not use creams like Elidel (cancer warning) and cortisone (damages the skin long term).

Look up sun therapy and how it was used in Europe for skin diseases. You could use different light therapies like red light but you need a full body bed called Novothor for many sessions a week for months to see an effect. You could use tanning bed but I suggest using the sun at certain times (avoid afternoons too much heat but around 11am is good).

Do you have other symptoms? how is your digestion and your excretion? I mean you can go to naturopath and run a lot of tests on your hormones and gut but in the end the healing is the same and I find a lot of them to be scammer pushing many many supplements and charging you crazy amounts.

Last edited:

Papist

Woodpecker
Even one cycle of antibiotic might push you into a disease state depending on your imbalances. Your lifestyle and diet is definitely a contributing factor alongside stress. You did damage with your smoking and drinking plus you probably had some mental issues that pushed you into this lifestyle to begin with. I personally wouldn't suggest a carnivore diet especially not long term. It works great for certain people short term but I have seen disastrous effects on others. Different foods affect each body differently depending on their constitution and I don't subscribe to absolutes like vegetables are bad or meat is bad or this food group is bad unless it's processed corn syrup GMO pesticide covered junk. I think extreme dieting is unsustainable.

I believe in eastern medicine (Chinese and Indian) and herbs along with lifestyle changes and meditation/prayer to regain balance of your body. Psoriasis is associated with dry heat in the body same with the white spots. I actually suffered from a small spot of the latter when I tried finasteride the hair loss medicine out of vanity but have it under control now (it was burning like crazy when I got it now the color is back ). I would look at avoiding heating food and adding in specific healing herbs. Something as simple as eating fennel seeds can reduce heat in the body and heal the gut, they regulate the secretion of gastric juices + are antispasmodic and analgesic. you can combine it with something like sage which is gastroprotective and slightly reduces stomach acid. Western scientist like to isolate specific compounds in herbs to explain their effect but I think the simplistic traditional eastern medicine concept of "heating" vs "cooling" is more appropriate. Of course herbology was actually used extensively in Europe too, you can look up something like Swedish bitter herbs which is amazing for liver and stomach issues and for overall healing.

I would take it slow and then you can implement different therapies and detox techniques. Definitely avoid the current western medicine: Dont take vaccines. Don't take humira or any TNF inhibitor, you will certainly get relief short term but you will destroy your immune system in the process. Remember in western medicine the side effect of the "cure" is always worse than the disease itself. Do not use creams like Elidel (cancer warning) and cortisone (damages the skin long term).

Look up sun therapy and how it was used in Europe for skin diseases. You could use different light therapies like red light but you need a full body bed called Novothor for many sessions a week for months to see an effect. You could use tanning bed but I suggest using the sun at certain times (avoid afternoons too much heat but around 11am is good).

Do you have other symptoms? how is your digestion and your excretion? I mean you can go to naturopath and run a lot of tests on your hormones and gut but in the end the healing is the same and I find a lot of them to be scammer pushing many many supplements and charging you crazy amounts.
Hi! Thanks for writing such a cogent reply. I don't think my digestive system's working very well. I often see partially undigested food in my stools, especially green, leafy veg it seems. I am suspicious of naturopaths, but there is one Chinese medicine place I trust, as I went there a few years ago about my vitiligo and he basically told me it was barely noticeable and not to worry about it, when he could have easily sold me something.

I will look into the fennel seeds, plus the sun treatment. Thanks again, pal.

Coming up on 3 years carnivore for me.
Unless you're eating salmon and schmaltz, you're going to have a hard time feeling satiated on just fish and poultry. Beef also tends to be a lot "cleaner" than either chicken or pork since cows are more strictly herbivores. My advice is keep the red meat and ditch the protein powder.
If you want a full on elimination diet then beef, salt, and water is the way to go. Otherwise, consider the following:
1. Whole foods only. If it was "invented" in the last 200 years it's probably poison (seed oils, corn syrup, GMO grains).
2. Animal products are the primary source of viable nutrition and protein. Vegetable "nutrients" are insignificant and cannot sustain a human being. Look into the differences between human and ruminant digestion if you're curious.
3. Fat is not bad. Fat is nutritionally and calorically dense. It's what humans are designed to run on.
4. Supplements are not a replacement for food. The only one I ever recommend is cod liver oil.

What is your current diet like?

Papist

Woodpecker
Coming up on 3 years carnivore for me.
Unless you're eating salmon and schmaltz, you're going to have a hard time feeling satiated on just fish and poultry. Beef also tends to be a lot "cleaner" than either chicken or pork since cows are more strictly herbivores. My advice is keep the red meat and ditch the protein powder.
If you want a full on elimination diet then beef, salt, and water is the way to go. Otherwise, consider the following:
1. Whole foods only. If it was "invented" in the last 200 years it's probably poison (seed oils, corn syrup, GMO grains).
2. Animal products are the primary source of viable nutrition and protein. Vegetable "nutrients" are insignificant and cannot sustain a human being. Look into the differences between human and ruminant digestion if you're curious.
3. Fat is not bad. Fat is nutritionally and calorically dense. It's what humans are designed to run on.
4. Supplements are not a replacement for food. The only one I ever recommend is cod liver oil.

What is your current diet like?
My current diet is okay, but not great. I try to eat healthily, but often find myself eating crisps (potato chips if you're American) and I eat around three takeaways a week, usually curries, which are full of oil and salt. I do eat quite a lot of fruit and I also eat a decent amount of veg...but I know it needs to change. I have set a date - Easter Sunday - and I'm just looking into diets the now.

How are you sure it was caused by vaccines?

I had asthma and a few other strange symptoms. All got better with some kind of paleo diet. But I always get nasty flu in the end of winter (though I supplement Vitamin D) and after that I have a "long flu": coughing for a few more weeks. This year it is all the same but I call it "long covid" instead of flu :)
It is something I know intuitively. I developed it shortly after a vaccine I had as a little kid maybe 2 years old. I still have a distinct memory of my mom bringing me to get it. I knew whatever was about to happen was bad. While in the room I made a run for it and remember running down the hall in the doctor's office before I was chased down, strapped down, and injected. The distinct memory and intuition as a baby knowing it was bad, in combination with me developing symptoms around the same time is enough for me to be sure. It's one of those things where "I just know", like how you can "know" that God is real.

I eat one meal.

Over and over.

Brown rice
Lentils
A bag of frozen veggies in each
Chopped onion in each
Peanuts, chia seeds

Mix together in Tupperware

Prepare with half an avocado, cottage cheese, and warm up.

Twice a day add a hamburger and onions. (Working to cut this out)

Drink “zero” calorie flavored water.
Here in Mexico I like CLight Orange powder (2 packets per 10 gallons)

4 green protein smoothies a day
Water
Banana
Strawberry
Spinach
Peanuts
Whey protein

150+ grams of protein (body builder)
I forget the carbs fats fiber and sodium but it’s all on target when I wrote it down.

Snack on peanuts. Sweet potato in microwave with cottage cheese.

Once a week I cheat. Crossiant at a cafe. Bag of chips. Etc.

hkhathaj

Woodpecker
It is something I know intuitively. I developed it shortly after a vaccine I had as a little kid maybe 2 years old. I still have a distinct memory of my mom bringing me to get it. I knew whatever was about to happen was bad. While in the room I made a run for it and remember running down the hall in the doctor's office before I was chased down, strapped down, and injected. The distinct memory and intuition as a baby knowing it was bad, in combination with me developing symptoms around the same time is enough for me to be sure. It's one of those things where "I just know", like how you can "know" that God is real.
Those are rough memories. Thanks for sharing! My problems also started in childhood but I can't connect it to anything.