I also have an autoimune disorder. It started in October 2020 when had a stomach aches, and the doctor gave me antibiotics for intestinal bugs which apparently I had. After the antibiotics, I was 2 weeks feeling my head was in a fishbowl, disconnected from the world. Then my brain started working again but felt pain in joints, bones, stomach ocasionally. Blood tests revealed had high the antibodies related to Lupus, so I have something similar.

I suspect I have a leaky gut as intestinal pain followed by joint ache depends on my diet that week. Artificial food / junk food definately triggers it. Im trying to eat as healthy as possible: beef steaks with salad, salmon, chicken. The less artificial the better. Also trying to recover the microbiota eating spirolina, olives, raw potato ocasionally and other things Ive read that help recover intestinal microbiota. This year slowly seem to recover but I’m definately super sensitive to what I eat. Damn antibiotics did more harm than the bugs.

Grow Bag

Pelican
I also have an autoimune disorder. It started in October 2020 when had a stomach aches, and the doctor gave me antibiotics for intestinal bugs which apparently I had. After the antibiotics, I was 2 weeks feeling my head was in a fishbowl, disconnected from the world. Then my brain started working again but felt pain in joints, bones, stomach ocasionally. Blood tests revealed had high the antibodies related to Lupus, so I have something similar.

I suspect I have a leaky gut as intestinal pain followed by joint ache depends on my diet that week. Artificial food / junk food definately triggers it. Im trying to eat as healthy as possible: beef steaks with salad, salmon, chicken. The less artificial the better. Also trying to recover the microbiota eating spirolina, olives, raw potato ocasionally and other things Ive read that help recover intestinal microbiota. This year slowly seem to recover but I’m definately super sensitive to what I eat. Damn antibiotics did more harm than the bugs.
That was heavy. Rebuilding the gut microbiome is a long, trial and error, haul. I wish you well.

I won't touch salmon, as most are farmed and full of chemicals to combat parasites. I'd also avoid intensive farmed meat. No point in knocking out those healthy bacteria and yeasts that take so long to build up.

I would say that regular exercise is necessary. Additionally, i would only drink beer, if you drink at all. One thing you have to really look out for when eating carnivor is that your T levels absolutely plummet, causing you to feel really shit after half a year. I would not, however, cut out red meat, because it is very agreeable and is nutrient dense, especially dem organs.

Grow Bag

Pelican
I would say that regular exercise is necessary. Additionally, i would only drink beer, if you drink at all. One thing you have to really look out for when eating carnivor is that your T levels absolutely plummet, causing you to feel really shit after half a year. I would not, however, cut out red meat, because it is very agreeable and is nutrient dense, especially dem organs.
First I've heard of it. Care to point to a paper?

Zep

Pelican
I don't take the flu vaccine, and I rarely take antibiotics. However I drank very heavily for twenty years, and I smoked that entire time. I think I might have a leaky gut. However, thanks for your reply.

A breathing exercise came to mind for some reason when I read this. If you are interested just say so. You'd need 15 minutes in a room to yourself. It's pretty hardcore and I'm wondering if after 2 weeks you'd notice improvement.

Papist

Woodpecker
A breathing exercise came to mind for some reason when I read this. If you are interested just say so. You'd need 15 minutes in a room to yourself. It's pretty hardcore and I'm wondering if after 2 weeks you'd notice improvement.
Aye, pal! I can't see how it can hurt. Thanks. :)

Zep

Pelican
Aye, pal! I can't see how it can hurt. Thanks. :)

Okay, assuming you don't have heart issues, or high blood-pressure and your back is in good shape, try the following.

Quick Aside: As I mentioned before this exercise just popped into mind. I can't tell you why I think this might do something for you, maybe it won't?

You'll need 2 cushions, or 2 thick towels squared up, one should be an inch thick for your head, and the other about 2 inches for your tailbone/butt. Don't do this if you've eaten an hour before. Take shoes and socks off, you want your feet to grab the floor. Have a glass of water nearby. Lie down on the floor on your back, bring your knees up, put the 2 inch towel under your butt, the other towel under the back of your head. Push your pelvis up while exhaling, and breath in when your pelvis comes down on the towel. You will feel self-conscious at first, thinking "this is ridiculous" maybe, just push through it. No t.v. No phone. No interruptions. Try doing 200 thrusts ( pelvic up and exhale ) initially. It sounds like a lot, but I blast through this pretty fast. You'll get into a rhythm.

Here are the resistance issues I experience and try to push through. The first 50 thrusts I'll feel a block or 'I just can't do this today', that's hurdle number 1 to get over. Next hurdle comes sometime around the 5 minute mark, try pushing through this, if you can't, you can't. If you can, good, keep going, if you manage to get into a really good groove, then you'll start to experience complete numbness in your extremities, hands will be numb, your feet, your face, your mouth will purse. If you get into a very strong groove you'll experience something I've only managed twice, and that is a massive vacuum of energy in your stomach, it is a unique feeling, I had never felt it before. Afterwards I felt taller, clearer, more grounded, the whites of my eyes were very white.

The effect of this exercise is different from running, or any other cardio exercise, the thrusting motion of the pelvis seems to move stuck crap in a way that other exercises don't. I smoke a little bit, and after this, maybe an hour later I'll cough up a chunk of junk that has been moved out of my lungs.

If you have health issues maybe go easy at first and see how your body responds.

Papist

Woodpecker
Okay, assuming you don't have heart issues, or high blood-pressure and your back is in good shape, try the following.

Quick Aside: As I mentioned before this exercise just popped into mind. I can't tell you why I think this might do something for you, maybe it won't?

You'll need 2 cushions, or 2 thick towels squared up, one should be an inch thick for your head, and the other about 2 inches for your tailbone/butt. Don't do this if you've eaten an hour before. Take shoes and socks off, you want your feet to grab the floor. Have a glass of water nearby. Lie down on the floor on your back, bring your knees up, put the 2 inch towel under your butt, the other towel under the back of your head. Push your pelvis up while exhaling, and breath in when your pelvis comes down on the towel. You will feel self-conscious at first, thinking "this is ridiculous" maybe, just push through it. No t.v. No phone. No interruptions. Try doing 200 thrusts ( pelvic up and exhale ) initially. It sounds like a lot, but I blast through this pretty fast. You'll get into a rhythm.

Here are the resistance issues I experience and try to push through. The first 50 thrusts I'll feel a block or 'I just can't do this today', that's hurdle number 1 to get over. Next hurdle comes sometime around the 5 minute mark, try pushing through this, if you can't, you can't. If you can, good, keep going, if you manage to get into a really good groove, then you'll start to experience complete numbness in your extremities, hands will be numb, your feet, your face, your mouth will purse. If you get into a very strong groove you'll experience something I've only managed twice, and that is a massive vacuum of energy in your stomach, it is a unique feeling, I had never felt it before. Afterwards I felt taller, clearer, more grounded, the whites of my eyes were very white.

The effect of this exercise is different from running, or any other cardio exercise, the thrusting motion of the pelvis seems to move stuck crap in a way that other exercises don't. I smoke a little bit, and after this, maybe an hour later I'll cough up a chunk of junk that has been moved out of my lungs.

If you have health issues maybe go easy at first and see how your body responds.

What do you mean when you write 'bring your knees up'? I think I know what you mean, but I just want to clarify. Should my feet be flat on the floor, about a foot below my butt, so that my legs are pretty much fully bent?

The effects sound interesting. 5 minutes sounds tough now, if I'm honest, but I will definitely give it a go.

ETA:

Similar to this?

Screenshot 2021-03-29 23.39.36.png

Zep

Pelican
What do you mean when you write 'bring your knees up'? I think I know what you mean, but I just want to clarify. Should my feet be flat on the floor, about a foot below my butt, so that my legs are pretty much fully bent?

The effects sound interesting. 5 minutes sounds tough now, if I'm honest, but I will definitely give it a go.

ETA:

Similar to this?

View attachment 29997

Exactly. Feet flat on the floor.

Think of it this way, you may have trapped energy somewhere in your body, so you need your knees up to do the pelvic thrusts. But I try to keep in mind the flow of blood and the oxygen it carries. Sometimes I'll have a foot stool that is about 18 inches high nearby so that if I get a really strong flow going, I'll elevate my feet by placing my calves on the foot stool so that there's no "kink in the bodily hose" stopping things from flowing naturally.

You'll get to a point where you'll know you are "maxed out", for me this usually means hands and feet fully electric, and my mouth and head immobile from the blood flow and oxygen in it, this is where you stop, or coast, just let the peak slowly recess until you feel natural again. Usually 5 minutes or so.

If you were drinking heavily one would naturally guess you were regulating painful emotion, same with smoking ... emotional regulation. I engage in these behaviors and know why. The stuck-ness in my kidneys from repressing who-knows-what, it is positively painful at times, and the breathing exercise can do a lot to alleviate this. BUT, there is a cost, however it's a healthy cost, usually anger or even rage, I'd rather feel this, than 'stuck' and nothingness. It's not pleasant, but it is alive, and that's what's important in moving forward in the process towards growth.

Last edited:

Papist

Woodpecker
Exactly. Feet flat on the floor.

Think of it this way, you may have trapped energy somewhere in your body, so you need your knees up to do the pelvic thrusts. But I try to keep in mind the flow of blood and the oxygen it carries. Sometimes I'll have a foot stool that is about 18 inches high nearby so that if I get a really strong flow going, I'll elevate my feet by placing my calves on the foot stool so that there's no "kink in the bodily hose" stopping things from flowing naturally.

You'll get to a point where you'll know you are "maxed out", for me this usually means hands and feet fully electric, and my mouth and head immobile from the blood flow and oxygen in it, this is where you stop, or coast, just let the peak slowly recess until you feel natural again. Usually 5 minutes or so.

If you were drinking heavily one would naturally guess you were regulating painful emotion, same with smoking ... emotional regulation. I engage in these behaviors and know why. The stuck-ness in my kidneys from repressing who-knows-what, it is positively painful at times, and the breathing exercise can do a lot to alleviate this. BUT, there is a cost, however it's a healthy cost, usually anger or even rage, I'd rather feel this, than 'stuck' and nothingness. It's not pleasant, but it is alive, and that's what's important in moving forward in the process towards growth.
It's interesting that you say you get that strange feeling at the end, as Kundalini yogi claim there is an energy at the base of the spine which one xan release. I will definitely give it a go, thanks.

IMHO pretty much all autoimmune conditions are caused by a compromised gut. Try strict carnivore with only beef, salt & water for a month.

Plenty of stories on reddit of people putting autoimmune conditions into remission.

Forget taking protein powder or vegan (successfully rebranded as WFPB). The various compounds in grains and plant foods are likely what fucked up your gut in the first place.

Hannibal

Ostrich
Gold Member
The only vegan diets that work against autoimmune diseases are the ones that dont focus on fruits or plant oils ie they are so empty on nutrition and calories that you are essentially starving. You'll extend your symptoms by approximately two years depending on adherence.

Carnivore diet would be a good one size fits most solution to fight autoimmune disease.

For folks who cant or wont (far more common), try cole robinson style snake diet fasts for long stretches of time.

Papist

Woodpecker
I have noticed that there tends to be a pattern:

GAPS Diet, which itself is a variation of the Specific Carbohydrate Diet (SCD); AIP; Wahls Protocol and Paleo:

All avoid refined sugar and limit natural sugars
All avoid packaged and processed foods
All are grain-free
All acknowledge dairy as a common food intolerance
All either eliminate or limit legumes
All are soy-free

ETA: source: https://www.phoenixhelix.com/2013/01/18/comparison-of-3-healing-diets/

Autoimmune conditions are apparently rising by 9% a year in the UK. (1) I am one of the four million living here who is currently afflicted. I think mine is likely a result of poor (hedonistic) lifestyle choices - drinking, smoking (ciggies & marijuana) and eating too much junk food.

I am now looking at a diet to send it into remission, as many others have claimed to have done, e.g. (2). The problem is there are so many out there, some of which have conflicting info. Many folks claim a whole food plant based diet (WFPB) has worked for them, others have fastidiously eliminated certain foods from their diet - e.g. dairy, gluten, lectins, nightshades.

The Autoimmune Protocol, the Pagano Diet, the Alkaline Diet, WFPB diet, Carnivore diet, the lectin-free diet - all of these claim to work miracles. Whilst I am absolutely convinced that diet is the key, I don't know which one to try, especially as some people claim it may take a year before results are seen.

My current plan includes eliminating dairy, eggs, grains, soy, red meat and processed foods. I will consume a small amount of nightshades due to the WFPB, organic protein powder I will be taking, and will eat a diet of fish, chicken and low sugar veg.

Has anybody any experience with these diets? Any ideas?

There must be a few forum members and many lurkers with similar issues.

(1) https://www.itv.com/news/2018-11-25/autoimmune-conditions-rising-by-9-each-year
(2) https://www.inspire.com/groups/psor...hropologically-correct-eating-regimen/?page=7
I have Chrons, Its not too bad lately, they put me on Stellara which is heavy duty but working. That being said Its not something i want to be stuck on the rest of my life. I have plans to cut out from society.. any way... Dehydration, stress, lack of sleep foods trigger symptoms. Follow a KEtogenic diet. Not too crazy with the carb counting, but sugar is a hard no. I Fast once in a while, make sure i have plenty of water and green tea/chamiole. Stay away from alcohol, sugars, breaded carbs and i contain it pretty well.